Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• buc-in-out

Participant

Arians is getting a raise, and Licht is getting extended according to Ian Rapoport.

Thoughts?

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Good. You win a Superbowl you get paid.

• Bucsfan714

Participant

I’m good with that for now. Things can and usually will change.

• buc_boi

Participant

Best general manager in franchise history

• TBChucky

Participant

Well deserved. Love it. Continuity is important. LFG!!

• seekpar

Participant

Buc Boi…I think you meant best rich Uncle GM in franchise history…

• Roy

Participant

OK so The Bucs signed Arians to a four-year contract through 2022 with a fifth-year option. Now he gets a raise. That was in Jan 2019. So he has two years left with an option year after that. Who’s option is it? I assume its the coaches option? So that would take him through 2023. And Licht is through 2023 or beyond.

So what I’m trying to get at is are Licht and Arians going to be done at the same time if they fulfill their contracts? Or will Licht be around to hire a replacement for Arians, who apparently didn’t seek an extension?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Extend/pay leftwich/bowles more too.

Don’t let either leave.

Licht absolutely deserves it.

As does Arians. I think this is his last year. Win 2 rings & sail off into the sunset.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• Roy

Participant

Sure you can do whatever you can for the OC and DC, but it won’t keep them from taking a HC job if that comes along. But yes the next step will be redoing the OC and DC contracts to hopefully give them a little incentive to hold out for a good HC job, or to hold out for the Bucs job when Arians calls it a day.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Sure you can do whatever you can for the OC and DC, but it won’t keep them from taking a HC job if that comes along. But yes the next step will be redoing the OC and DC contracts to hopefully give them a little incentive to hold out for a good HC job, or to hold out for the Bucs job when Arians calls it a day.

Usually I agree. As long as Brady is here i dont see either leftwich or bowles leaving.

• Roy

Participant

Usually I agree. As long as Brady is here i dont see either leftwich or bowles leaving.

Well, Debucs, just say hypothetically they didn’t give the OC and HC a raise after giving the HC a raise. Wouldn’t that be a sign that you better take an opportunity if it comes along? Of course that won’t happen. Those two will get their boost soon I imagine.

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs have another run in the playoffs and offense continues to play well , and Lefty will be a HC next year

Bowles head coaching days are over , IMO

• seekpar

Participant

Due to the ineffectiveness of the NFL’s diversity programs, I don’t think the Bucs have to worry about either Bowles or Lefty leaving to be a HC somewhere else. I can see one of them succeeding Arians though. That would be cool with me.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Bucs have another run in the playoffs and offense continues to play well , and Lefty will be a HC next year

Bowles head coaching days are over , IMO

I wouldn’t hate lefty as HC, but would prefer bowles myself.

• Charles

Participant

After Brady is gone this team reverts to a stack of losers.

The winning is ALL BRADY. He’s basically the de facto head coach.

Defense gelled down the stretch. But the SB was a combo of Brady and some luck.

Licht will be fired 2 seasons after Brady is gone and we go 8-26.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.