Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• ufojoe

Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  31 minutes agoBucs QBs coach Marcus Arroyo said he's talked to Jeff Tedford to see how his health is, but said they haven't talked football at all.* * *Anybody else find this odd? Maybe there IS something to the speculation that Lovie and Tedford had a falling out and Teford is just done with this team for more than health reasons?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  29 minutes agoBucs' Arroyo, asked about early struggles on team averaging 4.5 points in first half: "I don't know if anyone has a real definitive answer."Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  33 minutes agoAsked about lack of screen passes in Bucs offense, Arroyo said "we have to ramp that back up" and get ball to playmakers in space.Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  28 minutes agoArroyo, about Garrett Gilkey getting 32 snaps at right guard, competing with Patrick Omameh: "I think that group's going to be competitive."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  31 minutes agoBucs QBs coach Marcus Arroyo said he's talked to Jeff Tedford to see how his health is, but said they haven't talked football at all.* * *Anybody else find this odd? Maybe there IS something to the speculation that Lovie and Tedford had a falling out and Teford is just done with this team for more than health reasons?

I hate conspiracy theories, but the lack of any real information fuels such speculation.  The last coach that I know of that had to take the year off due to health reason was coach Pagano.  There certainly wasn't complete silence from the crowd on that one.  The team rallied behind their coach "Pagano Strong".  Yes, Tedford could be requesting the silence or maybe he is required to remain silent to keep his paycheck and reputation?  There may be a combination of health and 'other' reasons.  I don't know what the real truth is here nor am I accusing anyone of anything, but the speculation is 100% due to the lack of real information.  Always has been always will be. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  29 minutes agoBucs' Arroyo, asked about early struggles on team averaging 4.5 points in first half: "I don't know if anyone has a real definitive answer."Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  33 minutes agoAsked about lack of screen passes in Bucs offense, Arroyo said "we have to ramp that back up" and get ball to playmakers in space.Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  28 minutes agoArroyo, about Garrett Gilkey getting 32 snaps at right guard, competing with Patrick Omameh: "I think that group's going to be competitive."

Love it! Straight and to the point definitive answers.  It's about time!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  28 minutes agoEx-Bucs' HC John H. McKay, asked about the execution of this year's football team: "I'm in favor of it."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PewterReport.com @PewterReportArroyo said looking back they should've thrown more screens and quick passes, but it's hard to do when you're down 28-0 in the first quarterNo, it's it. It was plenty early enough to still try those things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would not be surprised though if there was a difference here with Tedford and Lovie: looking back at the Bears and when Martz was there with Lovie there were multiple reports when Martz left that Lovie wanted him to use a more conservative form of his playbook. So it wouldn’t shock me if Tedoford is gone!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PewterReport.com @PewterReportArroyo said looking back they should've thrown more screens and quick passes, but it's hard to do when you're down 28-0 in the first quarterNo, it's it. It was plenty early enough to still try those things.

Lovie made a similar comment in his PC.  Just another moment to make me believe this coaching staff doesn't have a clue as to what it's doing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This doesn't really fit here but I don't feel like starting yet another thread.At today's practice, all of the guys who had any sort of injury were held out. But for some reason, Mike Evans practiced. And he tweaked his groin and had to leave practice. SMH.Why the hell would coaches let him practice when we have two weeks off? Rest him for a week to make sure he's healthy. 100%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I don’t know if anyone has a real definitive answer.”WTF????  Someone better figure it out!!!!!!!!!!Inexcusable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ii have an idea, lets hire a defensive mided coach who doesnt step on sidewalk cracks cause its too risky. We will give him full control of the coaching staff. Then we will hire a OC that has put together great offences and then make him fake sick because he wanted to call a pass play on 3rd and 6 in the pre season. THAT IS TOO RISKY, punt the ball and play field position Lovie said. our team is gross......and again, i mean AGAIN we are the laughing stock of the league. Jville raiders dont even compare to this joke team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What speculation?He had a real heart problem.. you can't fake that. Are people going nuts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know that I have an issue with play calls. This seems to be a lot more about how we run the plays than what we run. I know screen pass has a magical resonance around here as if that play would fix everything wrong over the last 10 years but that isn’t gonna stop what happened Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love reading gamecenter while I’m at work and all it reads is..Martin up the middle -1 yardMartin up the middle 1 yardGlennon sacked -5 yardsPunt 35 yards by Scrubmcgee

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What speculation?He had a real heart problem.. you can't fake that. Are people going nuts?

Nobody is saying he faked anything. But do you remember the game he came back into the booth and didn't call plays? That was when he buried his head in his hands on the 3rd and 8 or 3rd and Goal at the 8, run play call. We haven't seen him since then. It's possible he had a falling out with Lovie and the stress of that has kept him away. Probably for good. Or, he really did have a relapse and all is good football-wise between him and Lovie. But why would he and Arroyo, a rookie OC, not talk about football whatsoever?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang Joe, sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is a train...!  :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This story has yet to be told.  Arroyo’s reaction of looking down and his facial expressions are telling when asked of Tedford.  That is not just odd but stupid to think Tedford’s input is not valuable when your team is struggling to put a college product on the field.  This is a power grab by Smith.  He has everyone in his pocket now.  Smith is gravely mistaken if he thinks this city will accept no OC and a throw away season.  The guy talks like the season isn’t over.  He has to realize this team is 1-5. Lol.  Wow.  “A lot of football left”! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love reading gamecenter while I'm at work and all it reads is..Martin up the middle -1 yardMartin up the middle 1 yardGlennon sacked -5 yardsPunt 35 yards by Scrubmcgee

I love reading the reactions to such a drive.Bench Glennon!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love reading gamecenter while I'm at work and all it reads is..Martin up the middle -1 yardMartin up the middle 1 yardGlennon sacked -5 yardsPunt 35 yards by Scrubmcgee

I love reading the reactions to such a drive.Bench Glennon!!!!!

LOLz.....I know , right ? Unbelievable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

looking and listening to the guy (Arroyo) I don’t hate him. He has the look though like he’s caught in a power struggle – Lovie clearly thinks 90’s ball will work and the rest of the league is all speed and misdirection

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet they still found ample opportunities to run it up the gut on 1st downs for no gain when they were down 28-0.....smh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman [member=23448]gregauman[/member]  ·  39 minutes agoLovie Smith said the reason the team has distanced itself from Tedford is because running the Tampa 2 defense was Tedford's idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This story has yet to be told.  Arroyo's reaction of looking down and his facial expressions are telling when asked of Tedford.  That is not just odd but stupid to think Tedford's input is not valuable when your team is struggling to put a college product on the field.  This is a power grab by Smith.  He has everyone in his pocket now.  Smith is gravely mistaken if he thinks this city will accept no OC and a throw away season.  The guy talks like the season isn't over.  He has to realize this team is 1-5. Lol.  Wow.  "A lot of football left"!

I only read the quotes and didn't watch the video. Thanks to your post, I'm going to watch now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just watched. I can't read anything into him looking down. It was a little weird but I don't know if it means anything. If there IS an issue, we'll hear about it eventually.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not just screen passes, though. Where are the quick slants and hitch routes to get our QB in a rhythm? Where are the hi-lo concepts? (Here’s a link to what I mean: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Inside-the-playbook-Eagles-HiLo-concepts.html). Where is the play action? Quick outs?I'm not advocating for a West Coast Offense, but you have to call some 3-4 yard pass plays with 3 step drops, early, to get your QB ready and going. You don't just run up the gut then suddenly throw it down field and expect that it's going to work.It's no wonder Arroyo never had an Offense in the Top 100 when he was a college-level OC. He doesn't understand dictating a rhythm on offense which is an exceedingly hard thing to do, but is absolutely essential for Offensive success at the pro level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be fair to Arroyo,  calling the offense wasn’t suppose to be his job. He got this shoved on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given the situation he has been put into, arroyo has done a better job than any coach on this team has.That's the sick, sad truth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given the situation he has been put into, arroyo has done a better job than any coach on this team has.That's the sick, sad truth.

It's true . He's done better than Lovie and Frazier have with the defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would not be surprised though if there was a difference here with Tedford and Lovie: looking back at the Bears and when Martz was there with Lovie there were multiple reports when Martz left that Lovie wanted him to use a more conservative form of his playbook. So it wouldn't shock me if Tedoford is gone!

Any coach that would purposely tell their offense to throttle it down would be a complete idiot. That would be like having a Porche and not driving it past 55MPH. Just stupid. TBH I'm tired of Lovie and I'd rather have Schiano. Ultimately I would want Gruden back. He wouldn't throttle down the offense. Overall I'm just tired of all the inept coaches we've had since Gruden left.

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.