Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Garv

Participant

Tough loss. BUT, the team is still playing hard. no quit in them.Mike Glennon is the real deal. Anyone who cannot see this kid is going to be a winner said the same thing about Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning during their rookie years. He's developing and fast. Good news is we'll be able to use our top two picks on other positions of need. Mike James and Tim Wright continue to impress. Those three players alone are positive surprises and were really not expected to do jack this year. Bodes well for the future? hope so.The losers who root to lose for draft picks can feel a little better than I do about this game..........I suppose.Not mush else to type. So tired of one of the most disappointing seasons in memory. Especially with the incredibly high expectations I had going into September. I guess the FIRE SCHIANO crowd can start up another thread or ten. It's been so effective thus far.

Please wait…

“We’re all here because we’re not all there.”
      as always, GO BUCS!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

In regards, again, to Mike Glennon...... up to now he has shown enough for me to be confident he can continue to improve and be a very good QB. Now if you want to compare him to college QB's coming out next year that's fine.BUT, don't we have to make that judgement in a couple of months? My point is that so far, Glennon has shown me that he has what it takes. Mentally, physically, the arm, the football smarts......I've been impressed. I stand by that today. Of course a lot more will be known about him in January than today but that's true for the college guys too. I also must admit that if we somehow ended up with Clowney? I think that with the right coaching adding him to this team could be huge. Well, as I typed, more will be revealed.

I'm fine with Clowney or Jake Mathews.  A real franchise LT next to (hopefully) fully healthy Carl Nicks would be awesome.  I think Penn has topped out and is slowing down.  It all starts in the trenches, that is where the pick should be.

Interesting opinions and thoughts. I do not disagree with anyone's opinion here, but my own personal opinion is that if there is a QB available at our selection in the draft that we grade out to believe will be a top 10 NFL QB and if we are still not 100% sure what we have in Glennon at the time, then i think we absolutely have to take the QB. You don't often get the chance of an elite QB prospect. Also, it is impossible to win a championship without having a good QB in the modern day NFL. I have said this a billion times, no matter how good a pass rusher or a LT is, they cannot win you a championship without having a solution at the QB position.Like Garv says, it is early, and i agree we do not have to make this decision for months. I also have been impressed with Mike Glennon. I think he seems to be mentally smart and obviously is passionate about being the best QB that he can be.However, if come April/May we believe there is a QB available that will make us compete for championships for a decade, then we absolutely must pull the trigger. If we don't and Mike Glennon does not prove to be a huge success, then we will regret that decision for a very long time. As an example, and i know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if we had taken Aaron Rodgers 5th Overall in 2005, there would have no doubt have been a lot of people saying "we did not NEED a QB, we have a QB in Brian Griese, why didn't we use that pick on an area of need like RB"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In regards, again, to Mike Glennon...... up to now he has shown enough for me to be confident he can continue to improve and be a very good QB. Now if you want to compare him to college QB's coming out next year that's fine.BUT, don't we have to make that judgement in a couple of months? My point is that so far, Glennon has shown me that he has what it takes. Mentally, physically, the arm, the football smarts......I've been impressed. I stand by that today. Of course a lot more will be known about him in January than today but that's true for the college guys too. I also must admit that if we somehow ended up with Clowney? I think that with the right coaching adding him to this team could be huge. Well, as I typed, more will be revealed.

I'm fine with Clowney or Jake Mathews.  A real franchise LT next to (hopefully) fully healthy Carl Nicks would be awesome.  I think Penn has topped out and is slowing down.  It all starts in the trenches, that is where the pick should be.

Interesting opinions and thoughts. I do not disagree with anyone's opinion here, but my own personal opinion is that if there is a QB available at our selection in the draft that we grade out to believe will be a top 10 NFL QB and if we are still not 100% sure what we have in Glennon at the time, then i think we absolutely have to take the QB. You don't often get the chance of an elite QB prospect. Also, it is impossible to win a championship without having a good QB in the modern day NFL. I have said this a billion times, no matter how good a pass rusher or a LT is, they cannot win you a championship without having a solution at the QB position.Like Garv says, it is early, and i agree we do not have to make this decision for months. I also have been impressed with Mike Glennon. I think he seems to be mentally smart and obviously is passionate about being the best QB that he can be.However, if come April/May we believe there is a QB available that will make us compete for championships for a decade, then we absolutely must pull the trigger. If we don't and Mike Glennon does not prove to be a huge success, then we will regret that decision for a very long time. As an example, and i know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if we had taken Aaron Rodgers 5th Overall in 2005, there would have no doubt have been a lot of people saying "we did not NEED a QB, we have a QB in Brian Griese, why didn't we use that pick on an area of need like RB"

Oh yeah, that one hurts. But I also remember giving up and trading Steve Young for a draft pick (2nd round) and taking Vinny Testaverde with the first overall pick in 1987. Not arguing because Vinny had a pretty good career though mostly away from Tampa but giving up on Steve Young? Ouch. I also believe you HAVE to have a franchise QB and if you fail you try again. Just thinking Glennon may well yet prove to be the guy. No harm in hoping!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only side note to Rodgers and Young, there is no 100% concrete evidence that those two qbs would turn out the way they did if they stayed in Tampa with the Tampa coaches, vs sitting behind Joe Montana and Favre, and learning from those teams respective staffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are correct – no chance Young turns out great with Ray Perkins.  He would have had Trestman in ’87, but I think Shula was the QB coach in ’88.I'm not sure that they gave up on Young so much as that Ray Perkins couldn't stand him (and vice versa). 

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.