Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• Garv

Participant

Well…… has it ever been so calm before the storm? Is it burnout from the long and often repetitive offseason? Is it a lack of enthusiasm for the multiple changes our Buccaneers have made? I certainly hope not.We have new uniforms, a new Head Coach, a new GM, a new coaching staff, a new QB, and almost entirely new offensive line. We have what I believe to be the tallest trio of WO’s and TE in VJ, Mike Evans and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. We have and exciting group of RB’s led by the healthy return of Doug Martin.Defense? Coming into their prime are Gerald McCoy and Lavante David. Adding Alterraun Verner and Michael Johnson into a mix including Goldson and Barron etc, etc, etc. Did I mention Lovie and DC Leslie Frazier coaching the Tampa 2?I have left out too many other changes due to laziness I will call time constraints but you must get the picture. Right?I cannot WAIT for the preseason to get under way. Of course I choose to be positive in July with a 0-0 record despite the past disappointments. And yes, I believe this team has the potential to be in the mix for a division title and/or playoff spot in November and December. I imagine being at the Ray Jay for the final two games of the regular season for meaningful games and huge crowds and get giddy. Anyone else breathing? If so WAKE UP!!!!  :'(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv – I am awake! I have been lurking. Having started a new job in the states in January, and now that I am just getting settled back in to the US I have been very busy. Not to mention had a few things on my bucket list (NFL Scouting, GM and Collective Bargain Agreement Classes from long time NFL personnel people to include Greg Gabriel, Mark Dominik, John Wooten, Russ Lande, & Joey Corry) that I wanted to do which will take me right up until the middle of training camp. But I have finished one of those classes and I am currently half way through the other. Like you I eagerly am anticipating the coming season and am optimistic that we will see a good product on the field and a brand of football we as fans can get excited about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv - I am awake! I have been lurking. Having started a new job in the states in January, and now that I am just getting settled back in to the US I have been very busy. Not to mention had a few things on my bucket list (NFL Scouting, GM and Collective Bargain Agreement Classes from long time NFL personnel people to include Greg Gabriel, Mark Dominik, John Wooten, Russ Lande, & Joey Corry) that I wanted to do which will take me right up until the middle of training camp. But I have finished one of those classes and I am currently half way through the other. Like you I eagerly am anticipating the coming season and am optimistic that we will see a good product on the field and a brand of football we as fans can get excited about.

Good to have you back stateside Yuccs, always have enjoyed your input. Those classes sound more than interesting! I suspect the regulars will soon appear and look forward to the Buccaneer banter to come. Even the BRING IN (anyone who has ever appeared on the NFL Network, ESPN or a police report banner as long as his name rings a bell including the tinnitus in my right ear) posts I love so much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks Garv! I think everyone is just taking a mini vacation before training camp opens. It also doesn’t help that this is the real lull during the off-season and not much if any substantial news or player movement is going.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I suspect the regulars will soon appear and look forward to the Buccaneer banter to come. Even the BRING IN (anyone who has ever appeared on the NFL Network, ESPN or a police report banner as long as his name rings a bell including the tinnitus in my right ear) posts I love so much.

Lmao!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see the re-opening of PR – thanks Garv and Yuccaneers – looking forward to seeing what the efforts of this off season will bring.Oh yea, you too Hate… ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice to see something posted on the insiders board from someone other than PR. For our Bucs it appears the perfect storm is brewing. I understand there are still holes to be filled, but so much more has already been addressed than I thought possible. This team is going to be forced to cut more talented players than any other in franchise history, simply because of numbers. Free agents will be fighting to get on this team next year. Everything is falling into place for our Bucs. We’ve never had speed AND size on offense before, and we’ve never had a balance of talent on both sides of the ball. I can’t wait to see what Lovie can do with this crew. This season is going to be a real blast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on how the whole off-season has gone and what little fans and media know about the offensive scheme and to some degree the defensive scheme the pre-season is really going to be worth watching to see what can be deciphered from the vanillaness that is put on tape. Sure we know that Lovie is rooted and steeped in the Tampa 2 tradition but that is primarily just a shell coverage with its main premise being and or philosophy the real key (rushing four and playing coverage) – I firmly believe based on film study from the the All-22 of Smith from 2012 and then that of the Vikings under Frazier from 2013 that there will be plenty of new wrinkles incorporated this coming season that leaves many fans of the TAMPA 2 wondering what they are seeing.Double A-gap blitz4-3 under 10 w/ single high SafetyBig Nickle

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv - I am awake! I have been lurking. Having started a new job in the states in January, and now that I am just getting settled back in to the US I have been very busy. Not to mention had a few things on my bucket list (NFL Scouting, GM and Collective Bargain Agreement Classes from long time NFL personnel people to include Greg Gabriel, Mark Dominik, John Wooten, Russ Lande, & Joey Corry) that I wanted to do which will take me right up until the middle of training camp. But I have finished one of those classes and I am currently half way through the other. Like you I eagerly am anticipating the coming season and am optimistic that we will see a good product on the field and a brand of football we as fans can get excited about.

Good to have you back stateside Yuccs, always have enjoyed your input. Those classes sound more than interesting! I suspect the regulars will soon appear and look forward to the Buccaneer banter to come. Even the BRING IN (anyone who has ever appeared on the NFL Network, ESPN or a police report banner as long as his name rings a bell including the tinnitus in my right ear) posts I love so much.

Codmons!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great to see the regulars posting. Where is Bucjoe

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s only a few more weeks… can’t wait

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great to see the regulars posting. Where is Bucjoe

Here I am!!  All rested and ready for the Buccaneer turnaround.  My fingers are all itching to type and "conversate"!!GO BUCS!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see you Joe! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see you too Yucc!!  Yes, all is well with all of us!!  We are Blessed!!Glad you were able to get back to the states!  We all really appreciate your years of service!  I wish you all the best in your new endeavors!  Man those classes sound like something that would REALLY be great!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe glad everyone is doing great. The classes have been great I’m learning a lot of different aspects about scouting and getting to pick the minds of the instructors has been invaluable –  especially when you have small class sizes and nearly five hours a week with them. Finished my first class and have two weeks left on my final class. In all it will be roughly 4 months of hands on training and watching tape discussing the different attributes and nuances that scouts are grading on tape.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man!!  I would LOVE some of that!!Are you thinking about becoming an NFL scout??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, not at my age. I decided I wanted to take the classes for purely personal reasons to be better informed and just to continue to learn more about the game and more so the player personnel side of things. Most of the people in the classes have been in their early twenties and all still college – its weird because during one of the first classes everyone had to explain why they were taking the courses. Most if not all want to work in football at some level or capacity and then, me – just wanting to be a more informed and knowledgeable fan. But it amazing how much scouting has changed and how much more teams are using analytics in the scouting process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It just sounds fascinating, Yucc!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe – it really has been! Learning what the different scouts are actually looking at on film from an athletic / physical attributes and how they go about grading both non-critical and critical factors for each specific position, has been awesome. The good news is that after roughly five and a half months I have finally completed both courses and have obtained certificates of completion in both. But the best part and most invaluable portion was the direct communication and interaction with all of those that were teaching the classes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know we all look forward to your insights which have always been good and now you will bring additional information to the table.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It should really be an interesting pre season and regular season. Great to see everyone back. The red board is flush with 5 year olds that know everything about football from Pop Warner. Hey bucjoe, as our resident Oline guru, will you be doing your usual analysis on the Oline, specifically the OG’s and tell us what you think over all of the preseason. Thanks. Go Bucs. Yucc, Gav, dbuc, Hate, et all, really looking for your observations an opinions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually Chev is the real oline guru; I’m just a guy who loves offensive line play and really enjoy focusing on it. You can bet I will be doing it again this season though!I'm up in NC right now so I won't see the Buc game until it is shown on the NFL Network Saturday morning.CAN'T WAIT!!! Go Bucs!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bucjoe, I wil be in Mexico City watching it with you too. Enjoy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How lucky we are to have Yuccs posting on this site for all these years, most of that time spent overseas in the military. Know of no one who is more respected on this site for his knowledge and informative posts.Now it's just gonna get better, if that 's possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unc – Thank you! However, even though I am prior military (Army, with a military occupation specialty, 13-Fox Forward Observer. Essentially picking out targets of opportunity and sending grid coordinates back down range for long range artillery, air support and naval gun fire to eliminate hostile forces, provide cover or allow troops to breech) – the past ten years overseas was in the civilian sector working for Department of Defense and Department of State as a Theater of Operations Facilities Manager in a Base Life Support capacity ensuring our brave men and women had food, shelter and some basic necessities.  . Ultimately a HAT TIP, is well deserved for every poster on the forums - because collectively without all of you, this place would not feel like home.And, like all of you, I strive to be my best self! I am truly at a loss for words. But its you guys who drove me to learn more, come up with more thought provoking post and continue to push the envelope.So again a hardy and heart felt thank you goes out to each and every poster who has ever commented on, debated with me or read my insane ideas or rants over the years.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The pleasure has been all ours, Yucc!,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thing about Yucc is his knowledge and opinions are shared without sarcasm or rancor. While certainly getting better at being less judgemental as far as other posters are concerned, it’s not always easy for me. Yuccs has never been sucked into flaming and I respect that. We have some strong posters here and a pretty good vibe going it seems. My God........could some of us be growing up? LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv, I still  miss you and 4Bucs going at it. Very funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rusty – I agree that some of the brother on brother infighting provided for great entertainment and at times was comical.  It really only does one thing in my  mind and that, it deteriorates the forums and causes all of us to end up losing good, and even sometimes quality posters. While I do not think I agree with every poster you have to be able to agree to disagree with some civility, a tad bit of humility and in a way where it truly is an effective debate where both participants are able to pontificate, upon the finer points of there argument and hopefully open up a new train of thought or at the very lest give the other person cause to pause and possibly think outside the box or to question there own stance on a particular topic. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we’d all like to disagree with Yucc except that we can’t find anything to disagree with. Always a great read.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rusty - I agree that some of the brother on brother infighting provided for great entertainment and at times was comical.  It really only does one thing in my  mind and that, it deteriorates the forums and causes all of us to end up losing good, and even sometimes quality posters. While I do not think I agree with every poster you have to be able to agree to disagree with some civility, a tad bit of humility and in a way where it truly is an effective debate where both participants are able to pontificate, upon the finer points of there argument and hopefully open up a new train of thought or at the very lest give the other person cause to pause and possibly think outside the box or to question there own stance on a particular topic.

yucc, I think you know from all of my posts, that I totally agree with you 100%. But Garv & 4bucs went at it so hard, it was truly entertaining. Providided comic relief. I know 4bucs personally and he's told me he really respects Garv and Garv has written the same. I think they both got carried away and couldn't get out of the whole they dug. Speaking of 4bucs, has anyone heard from him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rusty – I know, we typically agree and have like minds when it comes to our beloved Bucs – I have not heard from or seen Pat around in a very long time – yes, I know they both respect each other and things were out there, for a little bit but hopefully Pat decides to come back around. The more the better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m in touch with Pat every day more than once a day. He is just very “tied up” with baseball and the Dodgers and the Rays. That is what he and I talk about every day.He is doing just fine, by the way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bucjoe, please give him my regards and tell him everyone misses him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I hope I don’t spoil the Dream Team image.  I am very excited about this team and coaching staff.  You could see it in the first game if you took away McCown and some of the OL play. I could see the team getting better as the game went on.  I suspect most teams had this same feel and fans too.  We have lots of weapons on offense and defense.  The team has leaders and that’s good too.  All we need is a guard or two and this offense could be explosive.  We’ll know after the Miami game about who’s the QB.  I believe the OL will be better and you can bet each OL has watched their play over and over to see what they need to do to get better,  I believe we have a competitive team. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree Horse!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You sound like Lovie. I'm from Missouri show me, don't just talk about it for 6 months.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uncle Stan, Lets wait until after this next game.  Coach Smith is using the preseason to confirm what he has and what he hasn’t.  We all understand that all the positions aren’t yet; give it some time..  Coach Smith gave the reason why he didn’t draft OG in the 3rd round and went for a bigger RB who was rated higher by their staff.  I didn’t agree with it because I felt we needed a starting OG even if he was rated lower, but that’s why I don’t coach in the NFL and he does.  You know he will bring in some more OG’s once he can find ones better than what he has.

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.