Viewing 43 reply threads

• Author

• traew01

Participant

I'm not quite sure I have seen a player more hyped who has delivered nothing. This guy gets zero separation (is blanketed in coverage) and cannot bring down the tough catch. Yes. He is tall. I get it. I'm tired of hearing how tall he is. How about making some plays?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we give Tim Wright more opportunities to prove himself before the season starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not going to go there after 1 preseason game in which no one looked good. Hopefully he is faster than last year, and can show that one the season starts.

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

Add Charles sims to the list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i've made it known that I hated the selections of both of them. Nothing i've seen to date has changed that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely want to see more of Tim Wright.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The player was on the field for 16 snaps. It was game one.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Did he even play last night?  blue

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fails to catch a pass thrown into double coverage and a second with a db hanging off his arm and he’s a bust. Meanwhile u post about Winston needing more help. Teammates either matter or they don’t. Better throws would have helped ALL receivers, including ASJ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not quite sure I have seen a player more hyped who has delivered nothing. This guy gets zero separation (is blanketed in coverage) and cannot bring down the tough catch. Yes. He is tall. I get it. I'm tired of hearing how tall he is. How about making some plays?

were you at the game or did you watch the all22?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Its not just last nights game though. How long do they wait for a player to produce?  One year, two years, three?  more?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll wait a few games, but right now he’s a bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its not just last nights game though. How long do they wait for a player to produce?  One year, two years, three?  more?

hes been producing all camp.  upset because he didnt knock off the socks in 2 drives?  cmon.and what type of production are we expecting?  all offseason some of our fans talked about the stellar production of tim wright last year, yet his numbers were identical to ASJ.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is he ever open? Maybe during the regular season he will get open when Dirk puts in the Tony Gonzo routes. Should I have used the blue font?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

hes been producing all camp.  upset because he didnt knock off the socks in 2 drives?  cmon.and what type of production are we expecting?  all offseason some of our fans talked about the stellar production of tim wright last year, yet his numbers were identical to ASJ.

I am talking more big picture than one game. Its his second season and what has he done?  Last season he scored 2 TD's and cost the team a win with stupid BS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am talking more big picture than one game. Its his second season and what has he done?  Last season he scored 2 TD's and cost the team a win with stupid BS.

i dont believe any story about “big picture” that doesnt include arroyo, mccown, and back injury.  i dont believe you are talking about his 2nd seasona and what has he done – the season hasnt even started.what many fail to understand is the "TD" stat is a reflection of how well the TEAM can move the ball.  and his stupid BS?  he made a mistake with a harmless celebration.  geez.  he was called out on it, he apologized, move on.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

i dont believe any story about "big picture" that doesnt include arroyo, mccown, and back injury.  i dont believe you are talking about his 2nd seasona and what has he done - the season hasnt even started.what many fail to understand is the "TD" stat is a reflection of how well the TEAM can move the ball.  and his stupid BS?  he made a mistake with a harmless celebration.  geez.  he was called out on it, he apologized, move on.

Ok you won me over. Lets give him another 2-3 seasons. Can we extend him right now? That would be the smart thing to do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The concerns regarding ASJ not being able to get any separation are legit and he’s got to come down with that catch at the 5. Last year these issues existed but I felt it was because he was banged up early and never had a chance to get settled. Now, I’m seeing the same issues without the excuses. It’s concerning.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

The concerns regarding ASJ not being able to get any separation are legit and he's got to come down with that catch at the 5. Last year these issues existed but I felt it was because he was banged up early and never had a chance to get settled. Now, I'm seeing the same issues without the excuses. It's concerning.

Good take Sir.  He looks like the same guy to me. Slow and bulky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok you won me over. Lets give him another 2-3 seasons. Can we extend him right now? That would be the smart thing to do.

Lol Dominick would be trying to extend him for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teetering on ASJ. Needs to show something soon.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Well said. If he was a rookie, different story.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Where can we see the All22 for preseason?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to see more of Myers and Wright.  ASJ seems very inconsistent at the moment. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The concerns regarding ASJ not being able to get any separation are legit and he's got to come down with that catch at the 5. Last year these issues existed but I felt it was because he was banged up early and never had a chance to get settled. Now, I'm seeing the same issues without the excuses. It's concerning.

He never seems to use his size to make a big catch. I see with most good big TEs around the NFL it's like getting around a wall for the DBs and LBs to defend.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And no fire. To me, he looks like a guy going thru the motions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He never seems to use his size to make a big catch. I see with most good big TEs around the NFL it's like getting around a wall for the DBs and LBs to defend.

True, and you would think he would of picked that up by now, going into year 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wasn't the only one.  McCoy was lackluster as well.Still, McCoy has a history of turning it up.  Can't say the same with ASJ.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wasn't the only one.  McCoy was lackluster as well.Still, McCoy has a history of turning it up.  Can't say the same with ASJ.

I don't think you can say Gerald was going through the motions. Jumping snap counts says otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he looked like he was going through the motions on the goaline score

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you know he was 6'6"?Wow, that's tall.We might be able to start three of our receiving corps as basketball players. Awesome ain't it?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Where can we see the All22 for preseason?

Any word on this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, impatient bunch. It’s already been stated by people far more knowledgeable than us that TE is one of the more difficult positions to transfer to in the nfl. And here we sit passing judgement on two passes that barely qualify as targets, in the first preseason game, and a rookie season with no OC, no Oline, and no QB. Guess I’m just an asj apologist. Currious, if we are calling guys a bust after one season, I guess you would have said the same about Barber…..Sapp…..hell, Manning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Currious, if we are calling guys a bust after one season, I guess you would have said the same about Barber.....Sapp.....hell, Manning.

some guys show flashes, some(ASJ) don't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, impatient bunch. It's already been stated by people far more knowledgeable than us that TE is one of the more difficult positions to transfer to in the nfl. And here we sit passing judgement on two passes that barely qualify as targets, in the first preseason game, and a rookie season with no OC, no Oline, and no QB. Guess I'm just an asj apologist. Currious, if we are calling guys a bust after one season, I guess you would have said the same about Barber.....Sapp.....hell, Manning.

I wouldn't say he's a bust, but he has not proven to be a starting calibre TE yet.But I can't argue with what Hate is saying either, you really can't even say he's flashed and that is concerning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think you can say Gerald was going through the motions. Jumping snap counts says otherwise.

We have many issues on this team. G-Mac is not one of them. Sorry.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot has been made of Licht as a personnel man…but I’m pretty skeptical about his “eye for talent.”  Other than Evans, last years picks have left much to be desired.  This draft seems like it was Jon Robinson’s draft, so I won’t be surprised if we find a couple of good players out of this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well said. If he was a rookie, different story.

He missed the majority of the games last year so he still is a rookie as far as playing time is concerned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i've made it known that I hated the selections of both of them. Nothing i've seen to date has changed that.

You were one of the few that sided with my in declaring the Simms pick a complete waste of a high draft pick that would have been better invested along the offensive line. I still see nothing special from him. I like the ASJ pick but kid better put some film out there now, time's wasting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you know he was 6'6"?Wow, that's tall.We might be able to start three of our receiving corps as basketball players. Awesome ain't it?

well done. This made me laugh.Dunkaneers!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You were one of the few that sided with my in declaring the Simms pick a complete waste of a high draft pick that would have been better invested along the offensive line. I still see nothing special from him.

did you see him break keeklys ankles?  did you see him break the saints S ankle last season?  its on the NFL.com highlights from the game.  did you seen him hit the hole hard last night, give a stiff arm and gain a few more yards to the right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You were one of the few that sided with my in declaring the Simms pick a complete waste of a high draft pick that would have been better invested along the offensive line. I still see nothing special from him.

did you see him break keeklys ankles?  did you see him break the saints S ankle last season?  its on the NFL.com highlights from the game.  did you seen him hit the hole hard last night, give a stiff arm and gain a few more yards to the right?

He made some good plays, yes.  I saw all of those plays.Overall package, to me I see an average to below average NFL RB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims has value as a third down back. You could argue he was drafted too high for that role.However, ASJ needs to be the pass catching dynamo his talent shows he could be.  For some reason people have been down on Wright and Myers but these two are far more proven at this point.

Please wait…

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.