Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Assuming we pass on QB at #7 or that Manziel, Teddy, or Bortles are all off the board and we go Evans. Would anyone object to us double dipping at Guard or WR with the next 2 picks?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No objection. We need OL. I could see us double dipping at both OL and WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans and imagine if Marquis Lee is available for our 2nd pick. How could anyone object to that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see the Bucs landing Robinson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans and imagine if Marquis Lee is available for our 2nd pick. How could anyone object to that?

immediate upgrade, though landing Paul Richardson in the 3rd would work too. He's a perfect fit for Tedford's offense

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No but I don’t know if we can even assume Evans will be there. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

immediate upgrade, though landing Paul Richardson in the 3rd would work too. He's a perfect fit for Tedford's offense

Yea Richardson is one of my favorite

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really hope one of the top 3 QBs is there at #7, but if not and we go with Evans at #7 I would have no problem at all going with a WR in the 2nd round again. We need a huge influx of talent at that position and this is the year in the draft to do it.The way I look at it now, we need 2 starting WR. VJax is the #1, but we have no #2 and we have no slot receiver.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus Jackson isn’t going to be around more than 2 more years in all probability.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Skull and Bones is correct. Then the cabinet will be even more bare unless we start addressing it now.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

If we go WR R1 I’d say whoever is higher on our board at R2 either the guard/WR prospect, go with them. This is assuming we wouldn’t target a QB in R2.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

We need some young bodies in the trenches.  I like the value at WR later than other positions.  If you go WR1 you should definitely go OL 2nd.  I think one of the lesser mentioned scenarios that will end up playing out is Wright sees more time at WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Screw that. Don’t just draft evans, draft manziel too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this might be overkill, but would anyone be opposed to draft 3 WR total this draft? Unlikely, but if there is a draft to stockpile WRs this is the one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s just hard for me to see Lovie taking Offense with the first 3 picks  but who knows maybe he has turned over a new leaf

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this might be overkill, but would anyone be opposed to draft 3 WR total this draft? Unlikely, but if there is a draft to stockpile WRs this is the one.

I do'nt see three but I can see one early and one mid to late

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs draft Evans at 7, it means the WR corps got potentially, significantly different and better.  Not a lot of speed, but a lot of size.  Richard Sherman isn’t winning in his weekly hold fest (that man holds more than anyone in the NFL) against Evans.  Evans will move him out of the way.  And then win the jump ball.And drag Sherman for a few yards.I really like Evans.  I always have.  And when me and my kiddo were watching those A&M games, I kept saying he reminds me of Vincent Jackson.  She wasn't so sure who he was, but she noticed how much taller he was than the defenders, and how he kept "making catches".Bucs do not need to focus on a slot guy as badly as some suggest, IMO.  Jackson can be moved all over the field, and I am sure that Wright and Evans can as well.  And they all will pose problems if they are shifted properly, as they are bigger targets.  But they need to add some speed to the receiver position, speed with some shift and cut.Nicks is done for.  I have crossed him off the list.  He isn't in any sort of football shape, he would get winded after three plays and turn into the largest pile of mush on the planet, and if his foot is bothering him that badly, itmeans he can never get his wind back, effectively making him a virtual casualty already.If Robinson slides to 7, and Evans is there as well, it will be a hard choice for me to see.  That is assuming Manziel is gone already...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rd 1 EvansRd 2 MatthewsRd 3 RichardsonRd 5 HuffThen address Oline.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Evans is the target and the Bucs would be willing to pass on all of the top 3 QBs to get him. I would be fine with that but would like to find a QB in the following rounds. Evans is an immediate upgrade and serves our long term needs as a replacement for Jackson. Unfortunately, OG is a now, now, now pick as well. We might be fine with McCown and Glennon this season and draft a QB next year. I like that crop better than season’s anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Evans is the target and the Bucs would be willing to pass on all of the top 3 QBs to get him. I would be fine with that but would like to find a QB in the following rounds. Evans is an immediate upgrade and serves our long term needs as a replacement for Jackson. Unfortunately, OG is a now, now, now pick as well. We might be fine with McCown and Glennon this season and draft a QB next year. I like that crop better than season's anyway.

Play like crapola for Mariota

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st – Evans2nd - OG3rd - WRThen take the best available at all positions in round 5-7.I'd be down for that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get offensive or go home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it would depend on who was available at Guard and WR in rounds 2 and 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Jordan Matthews is there I would consider it. No other 2nd round WR on my radar unless we trade back.....not sold on ARob or the midgets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yep...getting a third WR isn't as high of a priority as QB, OL, or even OLB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are 3 players that I currently have earmarked as players I’d like at #7: Greg Robinson, Aaron Donald or Mike Evans. For me, if all are on the board then I’d get Robinson then immediately start making calls to see what it would take to get back into the mix for either Donald or Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Jordan Matthews is there I would consider it. No other 2nd round WR on my radar unless we trade back.....not sold on ARob or the midgets.

Matthews looks the part of a legit NFL #1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Evans is the target and the Bucs would be willing to pass on all of the top 3 QBs to get him. I would be fine with that but would like to find a QB in the following rounds. Evans is an immediate upgrade and serves our long term needs as a replacement for Jackson. Unfortunately, OG is a now, now, now pick as well. We might be fine with McCown and Glennon this season and draft a QB next year. I like that crop better than season's anyway.

Not sure why. He is not a special WR. He's a good prospect but not a rare one. He's not gonna make us all that much better. WRs are a function of their QB not the other way around. No one has ever made their passing game better by upgrading WRs instead of QBs. Plenty of WRs in this draft later that can make the right QB look good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dalbuc? Where do you live? Do 6′ 5″ 230 pound guys with 35″ + arms and a 37″ vertical jumps grow on trees there?I severely beg to differ. Mike Evans is a completely unique player because of his special combination of size, speed, and leaping ability. Have you seen Detroit or Chicago play recently? That is just crazy talk. You need to watch more football bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans has been termed a “hothead”. I assume that’s different than a diva. Can anyone add some insight?

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.