Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• Roy

Participant

Not that they would know what to do with it, but what if they got their hands on it and took it? That’s putting our national defense at risk, not to mention they would have gotten their hands on our Vice President. That is one important piece of equipment! its still hard to underestimate the seriousness of this insurrection and how it could have turned out. I didn’t even know the VP had a backup football. Crazy. Sheesh!

(CNN)Military officials overseeing the authorization process to launch nuclear weapons were unaware on January 6 that then-Vice President Mike Pence’s military aide carrying the “nuclear football” was potentially in danger as rioters got close during the violent Capitol insurrection, according to a defense official.

The vice president is always accompanied by a backup of the “football,” which contains the equipment to carry out orders to launch a nuclear strike. It must be ready at all times and is identical to what the president carries, in case he becomes incapacitated.
      US Strategic Command became aware of the gravity of the incident after seeing a video played at the Senate impeachment trial Wednesday showing Pence, his Secret Service agents and a military officer carrying the briefcase with classified nuclear launch information running down a flight of stairs inside the Capitol to get to safety, the official said.

“As the rioters reached the top of the stairs, they were within 100 feet of where the vice president was sheltering with his family, and they were just feet away from one of the doors to this chamber,” …

• Roy

Participant

Angry, bloodthirsty MAGAs, QAnoners, Proudboys, Oathkeepers with their zip ties 100 feet from The VP, his family, and the nuclear football. 100 feet. Sent by Trump. You know, Chron, they didn’t make it. You know what they call almost killing somebody? Well the technical term is attempted murder. Or i more specifically conspiracy to assassinate the Vice President. He should be spending the rest of his life in federal prison. But its just a big nothingburger, right Chron?

• jbear

Participant

Oh boy you guys. lol

I seem to recall one time Pence dared to see a Broadway show called Hamilton and had to escape in a similar fashion.

It’s the hypocrisy. And yes I am sick of saying that.

The incivility that you all directed at Pence for daring to see a Broadway show while being a white Republican has now instantaneously morphed into this almost hysterical fake civility for the Danger that he may or may not have been in when Trumpers declared civil war and attacked the holy congress.

If you were Fire I’d say something really rude.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Good God you ate a fucking moron… indirectly defending the coup attempt.

Un-American asshat.

Zero respect

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Roi,

You and your tin foil hat Conspiracy Theories. That’s hilarious!!

• Roy

Participant

What hypocrisy? You sure love that word, but I don’t think you know what it means. And there you go again, JBear, trying to shift the focus off what really matters.

I never even said the word “Pence”. I said “Vice President”. The fact that its Pence has no relevance. He’s the VP. You protect the VP. Now it turns out that on Jan 6 Trump may have known that Pence and his family were in danger BEFORE he called him out for not attempting to reject the electoral votes, and he sicced the crowd on him anyway.

In another way Trump endangered the Democracy when he was careless about getting Covid. We are learning his condition was even more serious that previously thought. He almost went on a ventilator. The Secret Service totally dropped the ball in not protecting Trump from Covid. Whether you like Trump or not, you don’t jeopardize President. Heads should roll for that.

If you need some lessons on the Constitution I’ll be happy to give them to you, JBear.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Jbear is quickly becoming a bigger clown than chron.

Impressive

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Laughing at the Trash(D)Party’s failed iMpeacHy miNt.
      LoserfgtCNN was saying today that “DruMpf’s deFenSe teAm faiLed miSeRabLy”.

“Are they f*n drunk?!!”
      Only retards believe CNN & MSNBC.

• jbear

Participant

What’s really wrong with this country right now is in large part that the left thinks they own the Truth. You collectively come together in social media and network news and decide the truth and then go around trying to punish everyone who disagrees.

It makes no difference that a whole lot of the consensus truth that you all agree on turns out to be complete bullshit.

Take the capital riots… As soon as the whole thing went down there were reports that “Q conspiracy theorist” profiles were posting “lies” that Antifa was actually behind the riot. They were essentially laughed off the internet. A day or two later it turned out that there could have been some basis in reality to the claims from the Trump supporters.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/who-is-john-sullivan-accused-provocateur-charged-in-capitol-riot/

Knowing Fire, he will now post a nasty note about how I’m a Q supporter and that he has no respect for me because I’m a despicable person who deserves to be rounded up with the rest of the despicable’s. But I’m just pointing out a known fact that has been pretty much swept under the rug.

My point isn’t that there was a massive infiltration of peaceful protests that egged on the crowd to becoming violent. By no means. It’s probably a lot like the elections. There are always a few bad eggs causing problems but just because there are a dozen or 100 people who went there to infiltrate doesn’t mean what happened is there fault. What happened, happened. But how we as a culture determine not only what’s true but which items are ignored and which are the focus. What facts are out of bounds? That is where we are failing.

If we had a leader with courage we would have seen the body of Ashli Babbitt lying in state with the dead cop a few weeks ago. And that you guys can’t see that is just twisted. If any BLM protester got shot and killed by police for trying to break a door down the narrative would be completely different. So easy for you to believe the idea that this Air Force veteran was some sort of monster. Just like it’s easy for you to buy the bs coming from BLM groups trying to say that John Sullivan was really Q trying to make BLM look bad.

It’s insane. On the one hand you’re willing to believe almost anything you hear… on the other, not one shred of truth. That is not how the Universe works.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

What’s really wrong with this country right now is in large part that the left thinks they own the Truth.

The right thinks the same.

So…umm…yeah

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The left doesn’t own the truth, but alt-right certainly owns the lies.

Four years of calling things “fake news” that weren’t…

Meanwhile feeding qanon conspiracy theories etc…

Is there a qanon for the left? Or is that the MSM?

BoTh SiDeS

• jbear

Participant

The left doesn’t own the truth, but alt-right certainly owns the lies.

Yeah, it sounds way more reasonable when you put it like this.

Look, I had a recent run in with someone I know pretty well who surprisingly turned out to be Q and I will admit to you that it knocked me back a little bit. It was a little bit shocking.

The stuff this guy was saying was complete OT nonsense. And I like this guy. He’s an honest dealer, straight shooter and I trust him completely.

I can see when some of the stuff is bordering on mental illness why that is upsetting to many Democrats who don’t like where they’re heads are at in the first place.

That said, after making a mental note to never talk about politics with this person again, I’m just as steadfastly behind his right to come up with his own truth so long as it doesn’t harm anyone else. This idea that there is this “truth” that we’ve all decided on and that’s it, I find completely unsavory.

People don’t like to hear it but the “truth” is often subjective. Just like I pointed out above that there may have been Atifa/BLM who were at the capitol and may be on video shouting encouragement to the protesters, that doesn’t mean that the truth is that Antifa/BLM stormed the capital. Nor does it mean that it was only one mentally ill person who isn’t really BLM because they disavowed him.

The truth isn’t always easily put into words or definable at any given moment in time. Today’s truth can be tomorrows lie. We need to be a little less sure of ourselves. This cockiness, the attitude that the other side is a bunch of lying insane people and we know the complete truth and it’s in contrast to whatever those bad people think is what is really killing us right now. Joe Biden isn’t going to save us, Republicans or Democrats aren’t going to save us either.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

We can’t call anything the truth anymore because of Trump and the era of fake news.

There is very much the truth for most things, then how you interpret the truth is subjective. That’s why you have news and then op-eds.

Msnbc reports the news and their opinion pieces are left-wing.

Fox does the same but opinion pieces dominate their network… they spend more time tell you how to interpret the news than reporting it…

Qanon, info wars, brietbart sell lies as news.

There isn’t a Qanon on the left… even the most liberal outlets like Mother Jones don’t resemble Qanon, info wars, or Brietbart.

4 years of lies peddled as truth, so now we have people like you saying “what is truth, really?”.

That isn’t how it works… you don’t get to buy into lies and then say, bOtH sIDeS

• jbear

Participant

So Antifa isn’t real but Qanon is a media outlet?

I’m sorry…. couldn’t help myself there.

Look, I see that you are trying to find some common ground. I don’t disagree much with your take on the media organizations you mentioned. I get your general take on the truth. You think I’m too liberal with my subjectivity take.

But… I disagree with your take on some of the liberal outlets not being as bad as say brietbart. Just take Trumps daily lies counts put out on those sites. I agree that Trump has been caught in many lies but a whole lot of what left media puts up as a lie aren’t really lies at all.

It’s very similar to the fact check stuff most media puts out during something like a Presidential debate. Because the truth is very subjective you get people like me who feel like Joe Biden wants to shut down the oil industry so when Trump says all this inflamatory stuff which you guys hate partly because of what a jerk he is which I get, the left wing outlets call it a lie…. lie number 500k or whatever. And you’re serious or at least you all act like your serious about these lie counts.

But that’s not a lie. It’s rude and unconventional for a President to behave like that but it’s not a lie. It’s a statement, which based on Joe Bidens answers to questions is a realavent statement even though I understand that Democrats won’t like it and will vehamently deny that Joe Biden wants to shut down the oil industry but he’s since said he does want to shut it down over time, to transition to cleaner fuels. That won’t help the people who work in the oil industry who might not want to vote for somebody based on the idea that there job may be at risk.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The truth isn’t subjective.

How you interpret the truth is…

Trump fatigue was a real thing… so many lies you can’t even keep up. A fascist tool of war.

Imagine a forest on fire being reported as hot… over and over and over as the fire continues to build. They keep saying how hot and big the fire is…

Then you’re over here saying “man, all they do is talk about the fire being hot!?!? What if we look at how much water is in the air. Report both sides fairly!”

That’s what you sound like….

• jbear

Participant

Yes Fire, saying fires are hot is true and this truth is not subjective. Fire is hot.

Now someone says that this forest fire is dangerous. Well, how dangerous? Who is it dangerous to? Are people in harms way? How much property could be destroyed and how likely is it that any of that will come true?

And Trump fatigue so many lies you can’t keep up…

I’m blaming you fire. Because some of the lies aren’t lies and you’re still following news that is telling you every day that Trump lied 50 times and then you’ve got fatigue. It’s a self fulfilling prophesy. Of course you’re fatigued, you’ve been running around with your hair on fire for 4 years.

This Lincoln project stuff is the same thing. Toss out the ethics because we need to be unethical to get rid of Trump but then you look around and blame Trump for all the unethical behavior. This is the kind of stuff that’s been going on for four years.

It’s the Hunter Biden excuses, the excuses for the spying on the Trump campaign, The Biden’s profiting off of the Vice Presidency…. the list goes on and on and you feel that you don’t have to talk about it… or even think about it because Trump.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

“AtTacKers coUld haVe stoLen the sPace sHuttLe aNd raMmed iT inTo tHe staTue oF LiberTy!!!” ~ Trash(D)Party thinktankers

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Some of the lies aren’t lies…

Such as…?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.