Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

We could check safety off our draft need list and push Conte and Tandy to the bench where they belong.

Justin Evans and one of the 3 listed above with CC and KT backing them would make for a decent stable in the Safety room.

No rush sir, but by Wednesday preferably. :)

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

I approve this message.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

I also approve. However if we don’t sign a FA safety I think this is a huge indicator of how highly the Bucs FO thinks of James AND equally an indication the FO office feels “ok” with CC and KT.

James could be our 4th rated player on the board and we are a virtual lock to get the first chance to draft him if we miss on Chubb, Barkley, Nelson and we cannot find a partner to move back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reid knelt. Glazers have Trump’s dick in their mouth.

So no Reid…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Reid or Boston would be huge upgrades to the SS spot.

• harlet

Participant

These guys are all decent players. Any thoughts on why safety hasn’t taken off in free agency yet?

• casren

Participant

Reid is sooooooooooo much better than any safety on our team and any other safety that is a FA. It is total BS that the kneeling thing is hurting his signing. This man is a class individual, a good teammate, and someone who actually believes in something. I wish we would sign him… but I am like 99.9999999% sure we won’t due to the kneeling.

• Hank Scorpio

Participant

Did Reid kneeling suddenly make him suck at football? Is Reid kneeling somehow a bigger black eye than players getting arrested with DUI, domestic violence or accused of sexual assault by multiple people?

Sign the man, our team and locker room will be better for it.

• Spartan01

Participant

Burnett to Pittsburgh.

• BucNCane

Participant

I’d rather wait til after the draft.

To me, Chubb Barkley Nelson and James all have similar grades and we’re likely to get one of them.

If it’s James then we don’t need those guys.

If it’s not James then sign one of them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having 3 starting calibur safeties wouldn’t be a bad thing. You could move James into the box on obvious passing downs.

I want Reid as well but like I said, the Glazers love Trump so I don’t see it happening.

Do we have the worst owners in football?

• cheveliar

Participant

Yes! We have the worst owners in football. The make Al Davis look sane.

• blackat1515

Participant

I think they want to go young, would be a great player for us but as we all know we thought wars was a great signing last year and that didn’t work for whatever reason

• Graham

Participant

I’d rather they sign a corner and draft James.

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

I’d rather they sign a corner and draft James.

Reid and Vaccaro are both decent in the slot or over the TE. That would sort of cover CB and Safety in one signing.

And if James is the # 1 guy on our board when pick 7 or lower comes around…pull the trigger! I’d love to have talent/capacity problems.

• Bucsfan1983

Participant

I’d rather draft Derwin James, than sign any of those 3!

• Detrimental

Participant

Bucs clearly are targeting a safety in the draft. If we sign one of these vets, that tips our hand in the draft. Guard, RB, safety, and DL still needs.

• Knucknbuc

Participant

Eric Reid is a good football player why not sign him on a team friendly deal? Oh that’s right glazers got Trump dick in their mouth. Wouldn’t want 2 mess up their relationship with their pal. This team needs more good players and 2 win. I really don’t see why no team would sign him at the least 2 a 1 year deal. Can anybody say blackball??

• Will

Participant

We need to draft James

• ErnieBuc

Participant

I fully believe Derwin James is the pick if Chubb is off the board. Jameis will put in the word. Derwin will captain the back of the defense from day 1.

• buccnation

Participant

Give me Derwin James if the big 3 are gone. Reid is good but comes with alot of unwanted distraction. I wouldn’t call it blackballed more so than teams just don’t want to put up with the media attention.

• casren

Participant

Can’t believe we won’t sign Reid. Its just such a no brainer. I like James… but my only concern about him is that he was on an FSU team that absolutely quit. I’m a huge FSU fan… but that defense quit at times this year. On one hand, I don’t think James himself ever quit.. but as the most talented player on the team, he wasn’t able to lead his teammates away from quitting. In fact, if I recall correctly, Derrick Nnadi was the only defensive guy that was really pissed at the other defensive players for quitting.

In terms of character, the two FSU players in this year’s draft I would take in a second are Derrick Nnadi and Tate. Tate played very hard, even when injured, and even when some of the team was quitting.

To be fair, I don’t think James ever quit. But again, the fact that there were others on his team who did quit is a big deal. I just can’t imagine other recent FSU stars (Telvin Smith, Rhodes, Ramsey, Joyner, etc…) would have allowed that to happen. I may be unfair in saying this… but I have never seen an FSU team quit – ever – like I did this year. Jimbo should have benched a lot of them, b

• ErnieBuc

Participant

So, Casren, you say the team quit, amd Jimbo should have benched a bunch of kids, when Jimbo quit on the team in October?

Get real. You’re a blowhard, hot take machine. James is a full-blood leader, no questions. If the 3 non-QBs are off the board, he’s the no-brainer pick as the best athlete in the draft, and best fit at a position of need.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Reid is 26. Would have 5 more years in his prime. Pull the trigger.

• casren

Participant

Ernie… dude, trust me, Jimbo definitely quit on the team. I agree. I am glad he’s gone. But, certain FSU players have even acknowledged that they quit in games this year. All I’m saying is that it gives me pause.

• dexmonkey

Participant

The culture at FSU was utterly toxic the last 2 years under Jimbo

the coaches werent holding anyone accountable and letting the players get away with whatever they wanted

back when Telvin, Joyner, Jameis were there you had a ton of alphas that policed the team and kept everyone in line and motivated as well as coaches with fire and drive

after we won the Title Jimbo got complacent and things started going downhill. guys got selfish and werent playing for eachother like in years past

Derwin is probably one of the few guys that kept the FSU team together last year. imagine how much worse it would have been without a guy like that……………..

one guy can only do so much and to lay ANY blame at James’ feet is absurd. he went 100mph all season and busted his ass on a bad team. couldnt ask for any more than that

hell, look at what happened to FSU’s defense in 2016 after James got hurt. effort and drive went off a cliff. as soon as he was out the players looked confused and leaderless on the field. no coincidence there

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.