Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Thoughts?

Anyone but Kyle Trask, please.

See who Brady likes!

• Boid Fink

Participant

I think he said developmental QB. Not a first rounder.

He won’t draft a QB. Not a damn chance.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Not in round 1 anyway.

• Barnz1

Participant

Yeah not going to happen. We aren’t doing a Packers.

The reporter tried to steer him in that direction. But BA specifically brought up speed on defense and filling in depth for the LOS (OL & DL). That was what I wanted to hear.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yup. The rest is just curveballing.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

If you’re going to draft a QB at 32, Mac Jones is your man.

But the Bucs will not draft a QB at 32 this year.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

If he said that, and it sounds like he didn’t, it’s probably only to get someone to trade there if there’s someone left people like.

• Greattimes

Participant

Owners, coaches and general managers say all kinds of things this time of year. It is the NFL’s version of “Liars Poker.” Take everything they say with a grain of salt.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

lol just Bruce and Jason trying to portray that they run the team.

their egos take a hit every time people mentioned Brady the GM – i.e. Gronk, AB, Fournette, etc.

i hope Bruce and Jason are forever greatful to Tom and dont screw things up. You can draft a middle round QB to be the next Ryan Griffin but by no means step on our saviors toes.

• Roy

Participant

I do think that Licht is running the show for the draft, because Arians is not a hands on power monger when it comes to player acquisitions. He prefers to focus on the coaching. Of course he’s in the loop and putting in his two cents. But I don’t think Arians is going “I want that guy!” like what Gruden would probably do. Licht is the one doing the homework, and ultimately Arians is going to defer to the knowledge Licht brings to the table.

So Arians has to be on board with whatever they’re doing of course, but he’s not pulling the trigger on these picks. So I’d take whatever he says with a grain of salt because of that.

• buccnation

Participant

I mean if a QB (super small chance it happens) drops like Lamar Jackson and ARod dropped then I definitely wouldn’t be opposed but it depends on which QB. I doubt anything like that happens so I hope we go in the direction of OL/DL/Edge rusher.

• Bucman

Participant

Could see them taking a flier on someone like Davis Mills later on,.

• Roy

Participant

Could see them taking a flier on someone like Davis Mills later on,.

For what though? If you spend a pick on a rookie, then that player should be a better prospect than Gabbert at least. I don’t see the point in drafting a lifetime backup quarterback.

The only quarterback outside of the top 5 I’d take a shot on is Jamie Newman because of his athletic abilities. He is a boom or bust player, but I’d take that chance in the midrounds. I’d rather draft a boom or bust than a guaranteed backup.

• Bucman

Participant

Your taking a shot in the dark on either player. Both have developmental traits that teams look for. Nothing wrong with taking someone like that in round 5 because chances are neither player will make it anyways.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Jaime Newman in R3 or R4 would be interesting. Not sure I’d take a QB higher than that, unless one fell a round or two later than expected.

• Jr.3

Participant

If Kellen Mond is their in the 4th round I would take him. He has enough for me to at least think he could be a solid backup with the up side to develop into a starter .

• Greattimes

Participant

At some point the Bucs will need to address getting a QB to groom to replace Brady when he retires. Getting a NFL quality QB is rare to available after the second round. Thinking ahead the Bucs might trade out of #32 in return for an extra first in 2022 along with a 2021 second round pick. That would give the Bucs ammunition in 2022 to trade up using 2 first round picks to select a QB in 2022. I just don’t know much about any QB’s available in 2022.

• theknees

Participant

It’s amazing how little Kyle Trask is disrespected by the analysts. Like people fucking hate this kid.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If tampa was ever going to trade up (for a qb or non) this is the year.

No obvious holes. Drafting for depth not need.

Usually its the opposite. Trade down, amass picks, etc.

This year if theres someone they gotta have, that’ll have an instant impact(or long term answer to the most important position in sports), I’m all for moving up.

• Greattimes

Participant

It’s amazing how little Kyle Trask is disrespected by the analysts. Like people fucking hate this kid.

Like I have said before, this is Liars Poker Season for NFL coaches and general managers. They leak a lot of disinformation about their intentions. Sometimes the things they don’t say is just as revealing as what they do say. It is likely that some team covets Trask and is keeping quiet about their intentions so they can draft him in the early rounds.

• Pennywise

Participant

Davis and Mond will both be top 50 picks, probably late first early second

• Biggs3535

Participant

Why do you insist on speaking in absolutes? It tends to make you look foolish:

Haskins will go top 5, count on it

Drafted 15th, not top 5.

Kitchens wont go anywhere after one year.

Freddie Kitchens was fired.

Buckeyes will be the number one seed ,end of story.

LSU was #1.

Bucs aren’t drafting no safety early,wont happen.

Bucs drafted a Safety in R2.

Jordan love wont make it past chargers

Not only did he make past the Chargers, he made it past the next 20 teams.

He will end up out there, just not from day one.

Wirfs started from day one.

• Pennywise

Participant

Now post the ones I got correct

And , get a life , too many people here living in your empty head , rent free.

• Pennywise

Participant

You know , lefty is a hell of a oc

76 isn’t going anywhere

JL heck of a GM and would get extended

Max Crosby will be a steal

I can go on and on and on

• Boid Fink

Participant

Oh damn son! 😂

Why do you insist on speaking in absolutes? It tends to make you look foolish:

Haskins will go top 5, count on it

Drafted 15th, not top 5.

Kitchens wont go anywhere after one year.

Freddie Kitchens was fired.

Buckeyes will be the number one seed ,end of story.

LSU was #1.

Bucs aren’t drafting no safety early,wont happen.

Bucs drafted a Safety in R2.

Jordan love wont make it past chargers

Not only did he make past the Chargers, he made it past the next 20 teams.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

That reminds me of my own prediction that I made on this message board that Wirfs would end up with only 2 sacks allowed the entire season. Boy was I wrong, he only allowed one sack.

Pennywise wrote:

• Biggs3535

Participant

I can go on and on and on

So can I…

Brian Kelly is going to be the next coach

Bruce Arians is tied to Jameis Winston

Matt Rhule won’t get a NFL HC job

Jarrett Stidham is a stud

Mason Fine is Russel Wilson 2.0

And who could forget – John DeFilippo is hottest HC candidate who should take over after Dirk was fired.

• Boid Fink

Participant

God dang son! Pennywise bro, yeah I have to agree with Biggs here man. Some of the analysis are really straw grasping wTF type stuff. The absolutes is absolutely hilarious.

• Greattimes

Participant

Thoughts?

Anyone but Kyle Trask, please.

See who Brady likes!

Just read were one of the so called experts says that the Bucs could draft UF QB Trask in the first round. fansided.com/2021/04/01/buccaneers-nfl-draft-rumors-quarterback-first-round/

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Kyle Trask in the late 2nd was exactly the “developmental” pick I had in mind. You really don’t watch a lot of college football if you think that Kyle Trask isn’t going to be at least a decent QB in the NFL. He is already an improvement over Gabbert.

• seekpar

Participant

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.

Make a bunch of predictions and you’ll hit on a few here and there.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.