Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Back injury to sideline Akeem Spence for 'months'Greg Auman,      Times Staff Writer Sunday, August 2, 2015 7:28pmThe back injury that has sidelined Bucs defensive tackle Akeem Spence at the start of training camp required surgery last month and is serious enough that it will keep him from playing at the start of the season."I'm probably a couple more months away," Spence said after watching Sunday's practice at One Buc Place, six weeks before the season starts on Sept. 13 against the Titans.Spence said he was lifting weights and it "caused something in my back to slip," requiring surgery on July 2. His timetable for recovery would make him a candidate for the NFL's physically unable to perform list, which would keep him from taking up a spot on the 53-man roster but wouldn't allow him to play until after the first six games of the season.Spence said the surgery removed  his back that was "pressing on the nerves in my leg, causing pain." Asked if the back injury was significant enough to keep him from playing at all this season, Spence said he was hopeful it wouldn't."I'll probably shoot for October or something like that," he said. "I'm not sure. ... I'm four weeks into rehab. I'm feeling well, walking around."murph_zpspkg23jc1.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least we “appeared” deep at DT. There is the reason for Bowers though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least we "appeared" deep at DT. There is the reason for Bowers though.

only problem is bowers isnt a NT.  hopefully it wont matter, but im not sure he is tough enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy, McDonald, Melton, and Bowers is a fine enough rotation at DT especially if Gholston can move inside some as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tony McDaniel just unexpectedly came available from the Seahawks today. L&L should be on that and see if Clint McDonald can coax his friend down to Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tony McDaniel just unexpectedly came available from the Seahawks today. L&L should be on that and see if Clint McDonald can coax his friend down to Tampa.

He was released due to the contract just signed by Wilson according to the NFL Network.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was released due to the contract just signed by Wilson according to the NFL Network.

And just today they gave large jack to their middle LB too.  Bobby Wagner.  44mil  IIRC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And just today they gave large jack to their middle LB too.  Bobby Wagner.  44mil  IIRC

I guess Michael Bennett won't be getting a raise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems as though we should be able to nab him.We have money, a famious qb, respectable hc, and mccoy and david to boot.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Spence said the surgery removed  his back that was “pressing on the nerves in my leg, causing pain.” Asked if the back injury was significant enough to keep him from playing at all this season, Spence said he was hopeful it wouldn’t.

Been there, and the surgery and rehab, while better than the incredible pain when that happens, is a long process, I would think even for an athlete.I hope he's on the mend and can put it behind him.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Seems as though we should be able to nab him.We have money, a famious qb, respectable hc, and mccoy and david to boot.

I don't think he has to clear waivers, so he is a free agent right now. I cant think of any reason to sign with the Bucs when he could sign with a contender.

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.