Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• Buc on the Move

Participant

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001014892/article/jeffery-simmons-preston-williams-not-invited-to-combine

I know Penny has been high on Simmons. Honestly don’t know much about him, but this can’t help his draft status. Also, other than the record of violence, the thing that stood out to me was only 7 sacks in 3 seasons.

My guess here is that he falls down into the teens/twenties as others push up.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Simmons isn’t a guy any team is really looking at early.

Please wait…

• RudeGuy

Participant

This should not be a problem with some posters on here. They feel there is nothing wrong with smacking a woman around now and then as long as you can ball for the team.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Talent wise Simmons is top 5 pick ,jaboo you type just to type ,and probably haven’t watched 2 complete bulldog games…most unblockable interior dl in draft.

But a dumb fuck decision in hs will cost him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. I can name some guys who think it’s kosher to root for violent, felonious women beaters.

Personally, I feel pussies like that can go fuck themselves. Keep yo hands to yo self scummer!

Please wait…

• dexmonkey

Participant

im normally all for woman beaters to get screwed but this guy i kind of am on the fence on. he hit a chick but he was also still in high school at the time and theres a lot more to the story than he just hit a girl. there was some family feuding there and it wasnt just him that got arrested for fighting

at some point you might have to forgive to a certain degree. as an organization you really have to do your homework on this guy

its always going to follow him but you also cant let it define him

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

im normally all for woman beaters to get screwed but this guy i kind of am on the fence on. he hit a chick but he was also still in high school at the time and theres a lot more to the story than he just hit a girl. there was some family feuding there and it wasnt just him that got arrested for fighting

at some point you might have to forgive to a certain degree. as an organization you really have to do your homework on this guy

its always going to follow him but you also cant let it define him

Agreed.  The NFL has become too PC.

With that said, Simmons could have gone to combine and blown it up (he wouldn’t haven, because he’s not a freak athlete) and he still wouldn’t have been a top-5 pick.  He’s good player, but not a top-5 player.

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

If it happened in high school, I’d let that one slide if he’s stayed out of trouble since then.   He was a kid.  Kids make mistakes.   That said, if he slides down to late in the first or top of the second, I’d grab him.   He’s first round talent all the way

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Just FYI the USA Today latest mock draft has the Bucs taking Simmons.   The explanation is less than outstanding, but there ya go.  He is now officially one of the players mocked to the Bucs.

5. Tampa Bay – Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State. If the rumors are true, this is a great draft to find his replacement. There are huge needs in the secondary, but free agency is filled with cornerbacks.

Please wait…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

How good is he?

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

I like the nickname “Bad News” Simmons.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

He is a stud,who made a mistake in high school. I go

Pick 5 Simmons or Oliver

Or trade back mid rd 1,burns or polite

Or end of rd 1,joe jackson

My first pick would be dl,and only 2 I consider at 5. Is Oliver and Simmons

Please wait…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.