Viewing 47 reply threads

• Author

• cyberdude558

Participant

The downward spiral of Josh Freeman’s football career was always linked to alleged off-the-field issues. But there was never proof Freeman had personal troubles.No pictures. No official accusations. No nothing. Just a talented quarterback out of the NFL following standout seasons in 2010 and 2012, and after the Bucs, Vikings and Giants all gave up on him within a seventh-month period from October 2013 through May 2014.Now, however, there is hard evidence that Freeman’s world isn’t silky smooth.On Oct. 22, Bank of America filed a complaint in Hillsborough County circuit court to forclose on Freeman’s five-bedroom, 5,800 square-foot home on exclusive Bayshore Boulevard in South Tampa.Freeman purchased the home in January 2010 for $1,008,000, per property records.The mortgage referenced in the complaint was for $705,600. The complaint claims the loan is “currently due for the March 1, 2014 payment and all subsequent payments thereafter.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=124733#more-124733

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I find it hard to believe that he doesn’t have that dough… maybe he just doesn’t want anything to do the place.He got paid from us and he got like 3 million last year alone from the Vikings just to throw a crap ton of bad passes in one game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You hear things…and he wasn’t good with his money when he was making it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. Probably just made a business decision to walk away from the property. I thought I read on here he’s been seen in KC. He likely does not have many ties left to Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guy who partied his way out of football is making poor decisions with his money. SHOCKER

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quick. Someone call BOA and let them know that he is only 26.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quick. Someone call BOA and let them know that he is only 26.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fat Free paid his mortgage…just sayin…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t wait till Mariota or Jameis erases Freeman from the record books.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure he still has a good amount of cash. Molly ain’t that expensive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sure he still has a good amount of cash. Molly ain't that expensive.

When you're used to it, it can be.Same with prescription painkillers. One or two seldomly can be cheap, but several in various sittings adds up.I've seen guys pop those things as if they were skittles.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Agreed. Probably just made a business decision to walk away from the property.

In my opinion, that should be illegal.  If you have the money to pay your mortgage, you should not be allowed to just walk away from it.  If they end up selling that property for less than he owes, he should be liable for the difference.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In my opinion, that should be illegal.  If you have the money to pay your mortgage, you should not be allowed to just walk away from it.  If they end up selling that property for less than he owes, he should be liable for the difference.

The bank can. If they auction it and it goes for less than the mortgage payoff, they can pursue the difference. Do they? Sometimes. If the borrower is broke it becomes kind of pointless since he'll just declare bankruptcy and becomes a very long process that usually yields nothing. If he's socking a bunch of money or assets, then it is much easier to collect on that.If Freeman didnt want it anymore, he should have sold it. Because you'll never get at auction what you would get if you sell it on the market, plus the bank throws on all sorts of fees. So no matter how you look at it, it's a poor financial move to just walk away unless you've exhausted all over alternatives (like short sales).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't wait till Mariota or Jameis erases Freeman from the record books.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up if Coach Smith is still the HC and has the final say on player acquistions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the story is BoA is going to sell his house which Freeman put down $1 million and it’s worth $1.77 million. They are owed $705,000 so Freeman will get paid about $1 million. Even if it only sells for $1.3 million Freeman makes cash.

It would be virtually impossible for that to happen unless the bank sells the house for less then $705,000 when it's worth $1.77 million. Freeman makes cash on this deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman does not make cash on this. When the house is foreclosed on it becomes Bank of America’s property. They will keep any profit. If it really is worth $1.1mil than the guy is a complete moron and walked away from a property he could have just sold. Even after the 9% that would go to Listing agent/buyers agent/buyer closing costs he would still be making around $300K. That buys a lot of beer and pills. Also possible the house is in terrible condition and isn't worth that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The sad part is Freeman is a bigger story then Glennon. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still shocked there hasn’t been a telling article on the free fall of Free from PR or another media outlet.  How’s that possible? 

Please wait…

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

I'm sure he still has a good amount of cash. Molly ain't that expensive.

Living at the club every night with your posse of parasites is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its called a deficiency judgment

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

im not all that familiar with Tampa real estate but a 5,800 sf home on Bayshore would be worth more than the low $1 mil I would think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman does not make cash on this. When the house is foreclosed on it becomes Bank of America's property. They will keep any profit.

you're skipping a step, right? When BOA forecloses the house goes to auction. IF BOA prevails at auction (for the note value) and then sells it for market value, the profit is BOAs. If someone else buys it though (likely), the difference over the note goes to Freeman. Problem for Freeman is that an auction buyer is not paying $1.7million, so he will get far less than he would have (or might) if he simply renegotiated the mortgage, which is probably what is happening now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

im not all that familiar with Tampa real estate but a 5,800 sf home on Bayshore would be worth more than the low $1 mil I would think.

Um yeah it should be. I need to look up that address. Take it off of Free's hands.Found it:http://www.hcpafl.org/CamaDisplay.aspx?OutputMode=Display&SearchType=RealEstate&ParcelID=18301540Z000004000210A

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

It's estimated value is $1.7 million. Didn't you read the article?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s on Bayshore but way south of Gandy. That’s why it’s only 1.7M.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet Schiano mentally ran him out of that house after that club seats incident.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie should bring him in for a tryout…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet Schiano mentally ran him out of that house after that club seats incident.

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano rigged his mortgage payment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s probably out babysitting or something  :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

He probably hasn't spent one night in that house since Schiano dish ragged him out of that club suite like Uncle Phil used to do Jazz on The Fresh Prince.

Please wait…

• mdclarie

Participant

This just sounds dumb as I would imagine he could easily sell a Bayshore house for > 700k. Why not just sell it? can’t be bothered? Zillow has the estimate of its value as 2M. BoA is going to make big bucks off this, Freeman is a moron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This just sounds dumb as I would imagine he could easily sell a Bayshore house for > 700k. Why not just sell it? can't be bothered?

Party season buddy... probably just recovered from tomorrow world in Georgia and now he's drinking in the mornings in Kansas City to prime the pump for EDC in Orlando this weekend. That dude is living.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one wants to buy that house. That weirdo has snakes loose in the walls.

Please wait…

• mdclarie

Participant

No one wants to buy that house. That weirdo has snakes loose in the walls.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat for 700k.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman does not make cash on this. When the house is foreclosed on it becomes Bank of America's property. They will keep any profit.

you're skipping a step, right? When BOA forecloses the house goes to auction. IF BOA prevails at auction (for the note value) and then sells it for market value, the profit is BOAs. If someone else buys it though (likely), the difference over the note goes to Freeman. Problem for Freeman is that an auction buyer is not paying $1.7million, so he will get far less than he would have (or might) if he simply renegotiated the mortgage, which is probably what is happening now.

BOA cannot profit from the foreclosure sale.  They get their money, and any excess proceeds either will go to subordinate lien holders or to Freeman.  All in all, I don't understand why he would allow the property to be  foreclosed on as opposed to simply listing the property for sale and selling it himself.  I have to assume the real estate market in Tampa is better today than when he bought it.  To me the only reason why you do it this way is because he doesn't have the cash to make his monthly mortgage payments while the property is listed for sale.  But I am just speculating there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope you dont have kids Shastada. A python would come out of the wall and eat your baby.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope you dont have kids Shastada. A python would come out of the wall and eat your baby.

Or they might find some leftover "candy".You might walk in to your kids room, and they'll have some strobe lights going, eyes wide open, dancing up a storm while just finding out that they have a belly button.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or every now and then a drunk gay guy might knock on your door at 3 am.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it is. I was thinking to myself "man josh got a nice deal". A lot of this is pretty dumb. How could he not afford that and why was his loan so much? Why couldnt he just sell?  I know for certain that if i was an NFL player who is receiving a big contract, I would pick a nice place and pay almost all of it off at once. I would rent until I saved up enough. I hate debt. No way would I put only 20% down on a house if I had millions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way would I put only 20% down on a house if I had millions.

Unless you have more money then you can spend a mortgage is always the best option. You pay 3.5-4% on a mortgage and can get 7-10% in a mutual fund. It's a no brainer where to put extra money if you have more then 10% to put down on a property. The days where paying off your mortgage made sense are long gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The topic of this post is none of my business. It is tragic for anyone to lose a home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fat Free paid his mortgage...just sayin...

Fat Free needed a kitchen as a base of operations.Skinny Free can get by with the top of a toilet bowl at any 24 hour diner he passes.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oW6ThlRpBA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or every now and then a drunk gay guy might knock on your door at 3 am.

LOL

Please wait…

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

Schiano rigged his mortgage payment.

Boid believes it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#freelove

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lmao !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just went on trulia and found a Bayshore house with similar square footage listed at $2.6 mil.  This house could be a steal.

Please wait…

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.