Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Nobody

Participant

Late 3 > Rd 4 prospect. So that would mean 3rd round pick for us.

I’m looking at this player and I’m wondering if this is a Bowles/Arians type hybrid player. I’m wondering if I’m seeing a Deone Bucannon with a much higher Pass Rush ceiling? Anyone have a lot of experience watching him play? I’ve only briefly studied his tape so my opinion is very preliminary.

* Looks like a sub-package Overhang/On-ball Edge hybrid defender that will primarily be an attack player or Man TEs + simple Flat coverage.

* Omnidirectional movement skills in space and explosive downhill (but clear processing issues so keep him out of process-intensive roles).

* Physical tools and frame to be a project Edge player and rush the passer. He wins 1v1s in Pass Rush against OTs. I see what looks to be a lot of length, solid snap anticipation, burst, and shoulder dip to decrease his profile and corner the C arc on Speed Rush. He’s extremely violent and aggressive. With a year of tutelage on rush suite and defeating OT strikes to keep his pads free, this could be someone that is an absolute asset.

* Should be a very good Teams player.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

A couple of the sites I’ve looked up on him have him as a 4-3 Will/Mike or a 3-4 ILB, but can line up on the edge to rush. Sounds like a backup ILB and can be used like Devin White in blitzing situations. Eventually, could become a starter.

• Nobody

Participant

I think that is probably because the sites you’re viewing are just looking at his build and his generic off-ball role at Ohio State. But when he was deployed as a B <> B gap run fit player box LB last year he struggled significantly. Again, I don’t see a player that possesses the processing chops for that and I think you’d be wasting what OSU may have uncovered this last year (when he was taken out of that role); an Overhang player who can provide the Blitz and Edge Rush. I think that latter role might be where he finds his most use in the NFL.

Did you catch many OSU games? Did he pop off the broadcast view?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Didn’t catch any games, but I think they’re trying to sell him off like a potential, every down off the ball LB. Although, they scouts all have denote his blitzing.

This type of player kinda reminds of Kendall Beckwith from scouting reports. Beckwith just a run stopper, but no coverage skills at all. Although, he did do well rushing the passer, but we were in a 4-3 and he was far undersized in that role.

• Bucman

Participant

No thanks. Ive watched every Ohio St game forever now and he never jumped out. In fact I dont like any of our LBers coming out this year.

• Colin in Canada

Participant

Browning looked really good all week at practice and made some plays in the senior bowl game. The draft sites say that he is a great athlete but the knock on him may be his instincts. His 2019 Highlights were really good as an off ball inside LB. To me he looks a lot better then Tuf Borland who played inside LB for Ohio State. For some reason Browning couldn’t beat out lesser LBs on Ohio state but he is a better pro prospect then they are…

We don’t really use LBs the same way the Patriots do but he seems like a Kyle Van-Noy type Hybrid front player who can play inside LB and also on the Edge. He is extremely fast and strong with stopping power as a tackler and can blow up blockers.

He seems like he would be a really good fit with the Bucs in my opinion and I’ve been picking him a lot on mock draft machine sites for the last several weeks. I hope we take him in the 3rd or 4th round. He would be an upgrade over Minter and injury insurance for White / David.

• Gareth

Participant

@nobody what are your thoughts on Joe Tryon in rd3 he is a very toolsy Edge defender that looks the part but didn’t have great production. Could be good with a little polish.

• Nobody

Participant

X

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Nobody.

• Biggs3535

Participant

what are your thoughts on Joe Tryon in rd3 he is a very toolsy Edge defender that looks the part but didn’t have great production. Could be good with a little polish.

I realize you didn’t ask me, but I don’t think he’ll be available to Tampa in R3. Maybe not even available in R2. He’s already climbing draft boards.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I’d love to see the Bucs draft him at the end of round 1. Or maybe even trade back into early round 2, pick up a lower pick and get him.

• Nobody

Participant

@gareth

I’ll take a look at his tape in the coming days and let you know what I think.

• Colin in Canada

Participant

Daniel Jeremiah had Tryon mocked to the Bucs in round 1 of his recent mock draft for whatever that is worth.

Looks like he is probably a top 50 pick at least.

• Gareth

Participant

@Colin in Canada, what province are you in? I live in Ontario. Rare to find Bucs fans up here.
      I would not mind seeing the bucs double dip at Edge. I love Ossai from Texas and Philips from Miami also seems real nice. I know we need IDL but no one really blows me away. I like the Nixon kid from Iowa just gotta see how the board falls.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Gareth.
      • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Gareth.

• Nobody

Participant

@gareth , not going to do a board this year so just wanted to let you know I won’t be getting to this Tryon review and breakdown. Not much time and going to devote that energy elsewhere.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.