Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• buc-in-out

Participant

BA said he hopes Vaughn makes a better decision tomorrow to show up to OTAs, that some players don’t know they’re fighting for roster spots.

Vaughn and Tyler Johnson were working out with the veterans, while Gio Bernard was out there at OTAs.

Vaughn’s roster spot isn’t guaranteed at this point, I can’t imagine we outright cut a 3rd round pick, we should keep 4 backs on the roster…

BA isn’t messing around, there aren’t many roster spots on this team, there will be many surprise cuts this year because we know we are trying to improve on special teams.

Who’s the biggest surprise cut after camp?

• tiapanda

Participant

Kevin Minter.

• Pennywise

Participant

BA on Tyler Johnson

When asked today about Johnson, Arians said, “I would wish he would be over here. He’s not [a] dumbass. Tom’s throwing him the ball over there. So, I might be with Tom, too.”

• Pennywise

Participant

Tom says be here , you be here .

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Vaughn to the practice squad would not surprise me at all. We have 3 capable proven backs without him.

Hopefully Vaughn turns it around. Won’t judge him based on his rookie year. Remember rojos rookie year? Gross.

If not wasting a 3rd round pick happens 65%+ of the time I’d speculate.

He is the only RB signed beyond this year so slim to none chance he gets cut.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• The Freeman

Participant

unlikely and still a long shot but biggest surprise cut could be in the front seven with Minter, McLendon and Nelson.

Minter and McLendon should make the team, but if they show sign of decline and Britt or Davis shine during the preseason then their roster spot aren’t guaranteed…
      Nelson is the 4th edge rusher but Gill seems to be in play for the job too.

• mdarby215

Participant

That wasn’t a “passive aggressive”
      comment at all. He was very direct. He said “I hope he makes better decisions tomorrow”. No ambiguity at all.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Gio is at the Brady and OTA practices. What Arians is saying is that young man Vaughn is capable of doing what the vet Gio is doing.

Build the trenches!

• buc-in-out

Participant

Kevin Minter.

Oooh good one, that could happen! Depends how our rookie LBs look, but definitely possible.

• Roy

Participant

Well I gotta give Johnson and Vaughn a pass if they were practicing with Brady. Arians wants you to come to OTAs. Brady and the vets want you to come practice with the Brady Bunch. You better show up to one of them, but which one? So you go practice with Brady, and then Arians calls you out for not coming to OTAs. They can’t win.

Hey, Bruce. How about calling out Brady to the press? Its his fault. And if you want guys to go to both Brady and OTA then you need to have a little more coordination. This is about Arians and Brady, and in a broader sense its about the NFL and the NFLPA. These young players are caught in the middle.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Roy.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

+1

Maybe Coach Arians needs to actually tell his players what to do than to expect something not said to them while Brady explicitly says what he wants to the young guys.

Arians couldn’t win a Super Bowl with Winston, but Brady came in and did it.

• JC5100

Participant

I’ve been out of the loop with NFL lately, why isn’t everyone at One Buc for practice?

• Runole

Participant

Much ado about nothing at this time. Fodder for the perpetual worriers.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Kevin Minter.

Solid backup edge rusher who can get after the QB. I’ll never forget how the refs screwed him over in the Carolina game. If I were him, that ref would’ve been in the hospital.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

If CJ Proise can stay healthy Vaughn has a zero percent chance of making the roster, so yeah he better be giving his best effort and doing everything he can to impress the coaching staff

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Bschucher

Participant

+1

Maybe Coach Arians needs to actually tell his players what to do than to expect something not said to them while Brady explicitly says what he wants to the young guys.

So not a fan of Arians then? Really?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

+1

What?

A person criticizes the coach’s passive aggressive mentality and it’s construed as hating the coach? hahahhahahahhahaha

Remember the Arians “No risk it, no biscuit” agenda? Brady is the complete opposite as his thoughts are “take what the defense gives” as well as incorporating the TE more in the passing game. Is Arians the QB whisperer? No, apparently. But Arians fits this vertical offense that was started by the previous coach, Koetter.

Arians shouldn’t be upset at Winston being turnover prone when Arians told him to always risk it. LoL This debacle can be seen a mile away since Koetter has been trying to make Winston risk averse for four years.

Maybe you should step away from football boards if you are averse to valid criticism.

• buc_boi

Participant

+1

Don’t feed the trolls, dude.

• Bschucher

Participant

Are you insane? How is “not a fan” construed as hating the guy? Seriously though, what do you think of BA as a head coach?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.