Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

If this hurricane does some major damage in Tampa next week, get ready for the worse lopsided schedule to get a lot worse if the Sept 8 SF game is postponed.

• Roy

Participant

If this hurricane does some major damage in Tampa next week, get ready for the worse lopsided schedule to get a lot worse if the Sept 8 SF game is postponed.

I thought you were going to say there’s going to be some major damage at RJ, and oh by the way its not just Jameis Winston’s body. Don’t forget about the Hurricane too.   But seriously, its going across the state.  We won’t have major damage here in my opinion.

• GBOBUCSFAN

Participant

Game should be moved to Charlotte. That way I can go to Week 1 ! haha

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

This is looking a lot like Hurricane Jean.  TS to hurricane 1 by the time it hits Tampa. I don’t see a delay of the game happening.  It has to be at least a 3 or higher by the time it arrives to Tampa Bay to delay the game IMO.  But that isn’t likely if it is moving at a slow speed over land.

Build the trenches!

• blah

Participant

Possible 4 hitting the coast. If this is the case the game will be postponed 100% The amount of flooding will be insane.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Possible 4 hitting the coast. If this is the case the game will be postponed 100% The amount of flooding will be insane.

It depends on its track because if it goes up the spine of the state quickly that may spare the rain fall totals.  However if it is slower than yeah Tampa Bay area will be saturated.  Too early to tell IMO.

By all indications by next Sunday the Bucs will be playing.  Flooding to shut down the bay area for a week is usually associated with gulf storms not a storm that has to cross the interior of the state.

Build the trenches!

• Defense5599

Blocked

Why not just move the game to a safer site?

• ryan24

Participant

Current track would have it passing over the northern part of the TB area. I don’t think this ends up with the game being affected.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Current track would have it passing over the northern part of the TB area. I don’t think this ends up with the game being affected.

They are projecting it come little more south of the current track right now and then ride up the east coast like Mathews.  In either scenario whether Hurricane Dorian crosses the state or rides up the Atlantic side it isn’t likely that the game is postponed.

Build the trenches!

• CollinP

Participant

Week 1 Bye incoming.

• tampaspicer

Participant

I bought plenty of beer today. All ready for the storm.

• RudeGuy

Participant

The game will be played at RJS with no problems. The Saints vs Texans MNF game has more of a chance of being postponed if the hurricane cuts through Florida then curves north to New Orleans. It would hit them a few days later and it takes a week for the flood water there to recede. So everyone just calm down.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about the NFL just doesn’t schedule the Bucs at home week 1?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.