Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• BucsWin31

Participant

Hawks trade Bennett & a 7th round pic to the Eagles for a 5th round pick and a no named WR………way to go Bucs

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Weak sauce.

Derek Barnett
      Brandon Graham
      Michael Bennett

The rich get richer. 3 above average pass rushers, while the bucs have 0.

• Jpoe

Participant

GMcCoy is not going to be happy about this…

• Live4BUCS

Participant

So when we fail to get Chubb and reach for Davenport, it’ll be Spence and Davenport rushing the passer lolololol. Go Bucs!!

• Pepsi

Participant

Must be Lichts nap time and he missed out

• Bucs_Rule

Participant

I am still more upset over the Quinn trade than this as I feel Bennett is on the downside of his career. However, it does make me wonder what the plan is for the DL this offseason.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Quality DE keep going for mid/late round picks. Either TB is getting blackballed by the league or we aren’t pursuing these guys at all…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Dianna Russini

Verified account

@diannaESPN
      Follow Follow @diannaESPN

There were a bunch of teams in the running for Michael Bennett. New England, Cleveland, Tampa, and Falcons to just name a few.

11:37 AM – 7 Mar 2018

• SappAttack

Participant

0-2 in opportunities to upgrade our pass rush thus far… not off to a good start but it’s a marathon not a sprint.

• Chyno

Participant

So we could’ve had Quinn for a 4th and Bennett for a 5th along with like Bobo Wilson.

Am I missing something? Our DL would’ve improved night and day with just those 2. Draft and FA thin as fuck for DEs this year. I would’ve easily given up my mother for them 2.

Smh why. Why are we always making the wrong moves and not pulling on the right moves???

• Detrimental

Participant

Vinny Curry is going to be on the market. He is the younger player and Bucs would be fools not to bring him in.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Trying to be positive here, this makes it pretty much a sure thing Vinnie Curry is out of there. Sloppy seconds for the Bucs once again.

• Lee

Participant

I almost feel this regime wants to fail and be fired.

• SunnyD

Participant

Players don’t want to come here

• Anonymous

Inactive

Curry would be an awesome sign.

I’m about that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sundelius, you know Bennett probably had zero say in where he went. We are taking about assets being acquired, and clearly the Eagles offered the most (out of division), and to be honest, the guy is 33, and he literally could fall off the map any second. Defensive players are notorious for this. Plus we just avoided seventy five off sides penalties.

I would rather have Vin C.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a trade, they don’t have much choice if we trade for them. In FA money talks, so that’s not an issue.

Quinn and Bennett slip through our fingers while we were ‘in on them’ for mid round picks. Hell last year our 5th didn’t even make the roster, but we can’t afford to give that up for Bennett?

• The Anti-Java

Participant

SunnyD
      Mar 7, 18 at 2:55 pm #1065605
      =============

They do not want to go to Green Bay either, but a team can overpay to get players who do not want to go to a particular city.

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

winners know how to keep winning the Bucs are losers. Fire Licht he can’t draft or sign the right FA. Tired of this team bringing in poor leadership.

• JC5100

Participant

Marcus Smith is ready to breakout, Seattle is clearing the way for him to start. He’s going to be available as he’s probably not going to re-sign before free agency.

• BucfanNC12

Participant

Nice move for the Eagles.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

This is just getting ridiculous. I know they keep saying we tried for Quinn and we tried for Bennett. Well you know what, Licht! Try harder!

• Graham

Participant

Nice move for the Seahawks. They rid themselves of an old DE and a $6.6M cap hit. If the Bucs want an old DE with a $6M cap hit they can just keep Robert Ayers.

Loving the meltdowns by fans because the Bucs don’t acquire has beens and pay them millions. There are reasons these guys are available, and it’s not because they’re ultra-productive football players.

• BucsBay

Participant

Robert Ayers is nowhere near the pass rusher that Bennett is even when he happens to be healthy enough to play.

• Chyno

Participant

@graham

Did you really just compare Ayers to Bennett though?

Just because someone’s “old” doesn’t mean they’re not good.

Smfh Ayers has never even come close to the player Bennett is, old or not. So how is it even a comparison?

• Knucknbuc

Participant

Just like I said don’t expect for the bucs 2 pull this off. Bucs are the bucs for a reason. Nfc browns until proven otherwise. I’m just waiting until we sign some dude that had a good season a few years ago at a bargain deal. People praise it. him come here and suck. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

A.I dont think licht a has the balls to pull a move like this off without getting taken 2 the cleaners.
      B. I don’t think he has the cashe or the contacts for this.

He’s been proven to be completely inept as a gm. Barring the 5 game win streak 2 years ago his win pct would be even more pitiful since coming here.

• Graham

Participant

No, I said if they want an old DE that makes $6M they can just keep Robert Ayers. Bennett is a shell of his former self and a pain in the ass, which is why he’s available.

The Bucs are not going to improve by signing other teams’ cast offs. Especially from franchises that are typically in the playoffs. If the Seahawks don’t want him I imagine there’s a good reason for it.

Sign some young free agents, keep all your picks, and DRAFT some freaking pass rush. Don’t trade for old DE’s that are past their prime in Bennett and Quinn. By the time this team is truly ready to win those guys would be long gone.

Think of it as an opportunity to sign Alex Okafor or trade for Vinny Curry.

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Bennett led the league in pressures and had 8 sacks with injured stars around him. How is he a shell of his former self. Example peppers 38 years old left GB went to the Panthers the guy didn’t slow down.

• Soul Bro

Participant

Pretty upsetting we missed out on another DE

• NotDeadYet

Participant

I would take this as a sign Licht will be taking a D’lineman or 2 high in the draft…

• Pennywise

Participant

bennett has a year or two, TOPS.. left, why would he want to come to Tampa who is years away, versus the superbowl champs?

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Last I checked, the player doesn’t get much of a choice in a trade situation.

• Graham

Participant

If there’s mutual respect between player and team an organization may certainly ask if a guy has a preference if there are multiple offers on the table.

In this case apparently Seattle asked for Godwin, which would have pissed me off way more than not getting Bennett.

• sierra048

Participant

This is great news to me. If the Bucs had brought this cop-hating, race-baiting POS on board, what little interest I have in the Bucs after 42 years, and the NFL, would be over forever.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Sierra, I am sure the NFL would miss you.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.