Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 55 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Michael Bennett | Defensive Linemanbennett_zpsb57b2b97.pngTeam      Seattle SeahawksAge / DOB:            (28) / 11/13/1985Ht / Wt:                      6'4' / 274College:                  Texas A&M Impending free agent DL Michael Bennett would like to re-sign with the Seahawks."I would love to stay in Seattle," said Bennett. "I love everything about the players, the coaches and the fans." As much as he'd like to return, Bennett will likely chase the money after he landed just a one-year, $5 million deal in a down market last March. Bennett responded by posting 8.5 sacks as a rotational lineman. Pro Football Focus graded Bennett out as a top-five 4-3 end. Bears TE Martellus Bennett, Michael's brother, is expected to recruit him heavily to Chicago. Jan 27 - 6:16 PMSource: Seattle Times Jared Allen | Defensive Linemanbennett1_zps808ca13d.pngTeam:        Minnesota VikingsAge / DOB:                (31) / 4/3/1982Ht / Wt:                        6'6' / 270College:                      Idaho StateThe Vikings aren't expected to re-sign impending free agent RE Jared Allen.Allen, 32 in April, started all 16 games for the sixth consecutive season and didn't miss a single contest in his time with the Vikings. However, his play fell off for much of 2013 before he finished strong and racked up 6.5 sacks over the final five games to push his season total to 11.5. Allen still has some gas left in the tank but won't make anywhere near the $14 million he earned in 2013. Jan 27 - 6:26 PMSource: ESPN.com

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting situation with Bennett. All the guys who tossed him out are gone. How much would he be willing to come back?For us would you rather have Allen who is on the decline but likely a bit cheaper or pay big bank for a younger player?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d rather have Allen ….Allen gets over 10 sacks every year like clockwork , Bennett still never has.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I miss Bennett.  One of my favorite while he was here.  But, when someone leaves I dont hold out much hope for them coming back.  Its best to treat it like an ex and just move on.  Bring in Allen…have a mullet day at RayJay.  First 5000 fans get a mullet headband.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either one would be great.I would rather have Bennett if he is cheaper.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be happy with either.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wont be cheaper.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wont be cheaper.

Well he is four years younger.If they are similar prices, I would rather have Bennett.If not, just draft a DE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I recall he (Bennett) made similar kind of noises before he left Tampa. He is after the money pure and simple. I think he would be a nice (but not great) addition, but am under no illusions where his loyalties lie.

• Anonymous

Inactive

By now I think every GM knows Bennett is following the $$$, until it dries up (like LAST off-season). Then he’ll sign another 1 year deal, probably in Seattle, if he doesn’t pi$$ them off…    Jared Allen, despite his age, would be a SAFER choice anyway...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be nice to have both Bennetts.Want no part of Allen unless he's dirt cheap.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Bennett a lot but would probably prefer Allen because he can beat left tackles.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bennett and his mouth can take a slow boat to Cuba… I hope Seattle re-signs him and loses Avril because they did.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would rather have the Kracken than either one, but I’ll settle for Peppers for now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either would be alright. But, to me, allen is better all around (other than age).Are we building, or win now mode? Because that, I believe, is what should be the deciding factor between the two.

• Anonymous

Inactive

By now I think every GM knows Bennett is following the $$$, until it dries up (like LAST off-season). Then he'll sign another 1 year deal, probably in Seattle, if he doesn't pi$$ them off...    Jared Allen, despite his age, would be a SAFER choice anyway...

Yeah, who wants someone who wants to make a lot of money for doing his job? I told my boss he can keep half my salary because I love what I do so much.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like them both, and I’d also be OK with Michael Johnson.  Jared Allen is the most productive, and I think the team could get him for several million dollars less/yr than the other two.  Hopefully, he could mentor AC, Gholston, Means, and whomever we draft at the position in the next couple of years before riding off into the sunset.

• Anonymous

Inactive

2009- 1 sack2010- 2 sack2011- 4 sacks2012 (contract year)- 9 sacks2013 (contract year)- 8.5 sacksReminds me of Ray Edwards2006- 3 sacks2007- 5 sacks2008- 5 sacks2009 (contract year)- 8.5 sacks2010 (contract year)- 8 sacks2011 (after big contract)- 3.5 sacks2012- 0 sacks2013- out of league

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^  ouch

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bennett might do very well under lovie’s tenure. Lets not sweep that under the rug.Bennett with rah or schiano, or bennett with lovie? ...sounds like you would get a more effective bennett to me.Still, signing allen should be a top priority. He would give brees and ryan fits, and he knows some folks in this staff already. Bennett knows most of the players to compare, but will not make the automatic impact allen would.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Difference is that Bennett didn’t play next to 3 great DL and also that he is a significantly better run defender than Edwards. Edwards also had 2 knee surgeries after his 8.5 sack season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

2009- 1 sack2010- 2 sack2011- 4 sacks2012 (contract year)- 9 sacks2013 (contract year)- 8.5 sacksReminds me of Ray Edwards2006- 3 sacks2007- 5 sacks2008- 5 sacks2009 (contract year)- 8.5 sacks2010 (contract year)- 8 sacks2011 (after big contract)- 3.5 sacks2012- 0 sacks2013- out of league

The reason Bennett had low numbers the first few years of his career was because he wasn't playing. You can't get stats from the bench. The reason Edwards' numbers tanked was because he wrecked his knee. He hid the injury from the Falcons and went under the knife after they signed him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Difference is that Bennett didn't play next to 3 great DL and also that he is a significantly better run defender than Edwards. Edwards also had 2 knee surgeries after his 8.5 sack season.

Bennett is labeled a great run defender because he chases plays down from the back end. Looks good when it works. Looks ugly when he gets bootlegged. Isn't Bennett's shoulder busted? Are we going to see the headline next year of "High priced Bennett lands on IR after should surgery?"

• Anonymous

Inactive

Difference is that Bennett didn't play next to 3 great DL and also that he is a significantly better run defender than Edwards. Edwards also had 2 knee surgeries after his 8.5 sack season.

Bennett is labeled a great run defender because he chases plays down from the back end. Looks good when it works. Looks ugly when he gets bootlegged. Isn't Bennett's shoulder busted? Are we going to see the headline next year of "High priced Bennett lands on IR after should surgery?"

You believe what schiano/dom said about bennett. Ill pass and believe the opposite of then two nitwits. Shoulder has looked fine to me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bennett won’t come back. Not at the price tag he will command. Allen is a very likely option considering the history between him and Frazier. He won’t be as pricey as some think. He’ll be looking at $5 – $6 million a year for something close to three years and that is reasonable considering what he can still do. After seeing how the market last year was for guys like Avril, Bennett, and Abraham I don’t see Allen getting much more than they did. Hardy will get paid. Johnson will probably get over paid, Orakpo will get a nice deal, and the others won’t encompass much more than 6-7 million, if that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason Bennett had low numbers the first few years of his career was because he wasn't playing. You can't get stats from the bench. The reason Edwards' numbers tanked was because he wrecked his knee. He hid the injury from the Falcons and went under the knife after they signed him.

What about these guys12.51326 (contract year)8.5 (contract year)Big contract42.50Or this guy100713 (contact year)Big contract30

• Anonymous

Inactive

What about these guys12.51326 (contract year)8.5 (contract year)Big contract42.50Or this guy100713 (contact year)Big contract30

Both Albert Haynesworth and Marcus Jones were 1st round picks who had everything handed to them. Bennett was an undrafted free agent who had to refine his game and wait for higher drafted and higher paid players ahead of him to run out of chances. How about Charles Johnson? 06411.5 (contract year)Big contract912.5 11 Chris Clemons?032843111111.5Trent Cole? 5812.5912.51011

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id rather have the guy who’s going to put more pressure on the QB next year. Simple as that. How much does Allen still have? Has anybody got a good look at him this year? I remember last year when Penn pissed him off and everyone who was on the field, in the stands, or at home watching knew he was gonna bring it the next play. He did, and he dominated. That was only one year ago so I definitely like that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I miss Bennett.  One of my favorite while he was here.  But, when someone leaves I dont hold out much hope for them coming back.  Its best to treat it like an ex and just move on.  Bring in Allen...have a mullet day at RayJay.  First 5000 fans get a mullet headband.

that would work except for the fact that every 5th fan in RayJay already has a mullet

• Anonymous

Inactive

i heard that peppers will be heading to FA as well, we could use him on a contract as a situational passrusher

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I think Jared Allen would LOVE to play next to Gerald McCoy. He keeps himself in great condition, so I’m less concerned over age than for most D’linemen. In short, he works at his craft, and is a pro’s pro.     Michael Bennett, if he ever does manage a big contract, will immediately go to IR to repair his shoulder. Bank on it...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both Albert Haynesworth and Marcus Jones were 1st round picks who had everything handed to them. Bennett was an undrafted free agent who had to refine his game and wait for higher drafted and higher paid players ahead of him to run out of chances. How about Charles Johnson? 06411.5 (contract year)Big contract912.5 11 Chris Clemons?032843111111.5Trent Cole? 5812.5912.51011

Some players are only motivated by money, some are not. When there is evidence that a player kicks into a higher gear in his contract year then that's a huge warning sign. Its better to be wrong and not sign a guy than sign a guy and be wrong. But the interview process and background check comes into these decisions as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some players are only motivated by money, some are not. When there is evidence that a player kicks into a higher gear in his contract year then that's a huge warning sign. Its better to be wrong and not sign a guy than sign a guy and be wrong. But the interview process and background check comes into these decisions as well.

Why do you think Bennett only cares about money? He's produced every time he's been put on the field.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dee Ford, McCoy, The guy who appologized on Twitter, and FA DE and I’m a happy happy man.