Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Oh wait, it’s quite literally fake news.

This is the shit I hear my dad say and I’m just like 🤦

Greenwald is ranting in Twitter about Psaki bringing cookies too!

Yeah, it’s the liberal media that is full of lies 🙄

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Lies everywhere in the cocoon

• KarmaPolice

Participant

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Gaslighting… so much gaslighting.

But the “Biden is coming for your red meat”… if you read how they came to this, you’ll realize how different the worlds of liberal and conservative media process.

The constant gaslighting… then just do what you access the other side of doing.

And Greenwald is a perfect example of this problem. He was once agnostic… now he is playing for hits… and the best way to get hits is “liberal mainstream media is bad” while ignoring this blatantly false/fake news

• KarmaPolice

Participant

the best way to get hits is “liberal mainstream media is bad”

Exactly. Thats why I equate him with Hannity or Carlson. He’s playing to a pre-existing belief that the media is actually intentionally working agains truth. This is BS

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Did Greenwald go on a Twitter rant over this one?

Must have missed it…

• KarmaPolice

Participant

FauxNews even embarrassed

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I can’t believe people believe this shit.

So many GOP are running with this dumb shit because their followers will believe it.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

So many GOP are running with this dumb shit because their followers will believe it.

because they know that outrage is enough to keep them in office where there are sitting in heavily gerrymandered districts that swings the vote to their base, almost exclusively

This is Jim Jordan’s district

Jim Jordan is the loudest Trump supporter, an outrage merchant, but what legislation has he authored to help Ohioans?

FauxNews knows people are motivated by outrage. Truth is a casualty, so be it. Ratings

• FireLicht2020

Participant

• KarmaPolice

Participant

How many “self aware” Trumpers ran to Costco to load up on hamburger?

Ran to Costco to buy a freezer to store steaks?

How many of those Costco shoppers also said Russia was a hoax, there was an “invasion” at the southern border, Hunter Biden, Flynn was innocent, the media is lying to us etc?

In other words, both hyper partisan sides succumb to misinformation as a matter of human nature but what seems to set this timeframe apart is the people who succumb to misinformation and DISINFORMATION (sometimes contributing to the spread) are also the one claiming reality is “fake news” which in and of itself is part of an INTENTIONAL disinformation campaign

• KarmaPolice

Participant

I dont watch those shoes, but if its true that all those hosts parroted this BS story, is there even a single Trump supporter who will condemn it? How about any of those who condemned the Sicknick reporting?

• KarmaPolice

Participant

ha, shows not shoes. not worth the edits because the post gets messed up

• KarmaPolice

Participant

• KarmaPolice

Participant

I dont watch those shoes, but if its true that all those hosts parroted this BS story, is there even a single Trump supporter who will condemn it? How about any of those who condemned the Sicknick reporting?

“Roberts had falsely claimed on Friday that the study — which is not connected in any way to Biden’s actual policies — found that people need to “say goodbye to your burgers if you want to sign up to the Biden climate agenda.” As Roberts spoke on Friday, Fox aired a graphic that claimed “Biden’s climate requirements” are to “cut 90% of red meat from diet, max 4 lbs per year, one burger per month.”

“The graphic went viral online; it was amplified on Twitter by Donald Trump Jr., the Republican governors of Texas and Idaho and others. But it was entirely wrong.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

The Daily Mail, a British tabloid, baselessly linked the study to Biden in a Thursday article. A series of Fox personalities then did the same thing on Friday and Saturday.
      Fox News hosts Jesse Watters and Ainsley Earhardt also pushed false claims about Biden and red meat. So did Fox Business host Larry Kudlow, the former Trump administration economic official.

Carly Shanahan of Fox’s media relations department declined to comment on Monday when asked whether these hosts would also acknowledge they were inaccurate.”

One of the Trumpers in the Sicknick thread changed gears (as I posted outlets correctly reporting the incident) to saying “well they were slow to correct.”

same complaint here?

is there a Trump Jr tweet correcting? How about these other Faux News hosts?

• BucBalla85

Participant

The wedge is working. Millions of people believe in opposite things. People think other is brainwashed. I think all those people are being taken for a ride and the wedge is the goal. If people don’t come together it’s going to be bad.

• jbear

Participant

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/cnns-new-reporter-natasha-bertrand?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODkxOTUyOCwicG9zdF9pZCI6MzU2ODYwOTcsIl8iOiI4bFMxaiIsImlhdCI6MTYxOTU0ODExMiwiZXhwIjoxNjE5NTUxNzEyLCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMTI4NjYyIiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.wRhw0-EquQ8sag6K4BSEzwywfqgsD2qZAqwROtCEGhk

More lies for you. If you’d bother to read it that is.

Anyway, calling the meat thing a lie and ignoring the last four years of made up “news” that never gets retracted and nobody cares about rings a little bit hollow to me.

I’ve argued the meat point with liberals on message boards probably as far back as the late 90’s. I’d usually start in on my rant after a well meaning liberal would mention something about meat being a luxury or some other such nonsense. It’s no secret that the “bright future” all leftists are fighting for doesn’t have farting cows and we all get our daily ration tickets for our plant based gruel. Whatever cows are left won’t be available for me and you to have a nice steak. One, it’s bad for us, two it’s inhumane and three, it causes greenhouse gasses which we all need to curtail.

As much as I am trying to make it sound ridiculous, it’s not even untrue. Don’t even try to deny that there is a leftist utopia in mind. It might not be the same for everyone but don’t try and tell me that you don’t have this perfect world in mind when we get eveything right. In fact I’d like to hear more about that please.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

The wedge is working. Millions of people believe in opposite things. People think other is brainwashed. I think all those people are being taken for a ride and the wedge is the goal. If people don’t come together it’s going to be bad.

Agree to some extent, but fact is fact , so its not like there’s no potential middle ground and certainly there’s sufficient agreement already to make a political difference. That is, arguably truth/reality already exists at a sufficient level, so the question of safety is really about what a disconnected minority might do. Still very concerning, but maybe not fatal to the country

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Agree to some extent, but fact is fact , so its not like there’s no potential middle ground and certainly there’s sufficient agreement already to make a political difference. That is, arguably truth/reality already exists at a sufficient level, so the question of safety is really about what a disconnected minority might do. Still very concerning, but maybe not fatal to the country

• KarmaPolice

Participant

This is precisely why disinformation works

Anyway, calling the meat thing a lie and ignoring the last four years of made up “news” that never gets retracted and nobody cares about rings a little bit hollow to me.

The story was FALSE (not in Biden’s plan), but it resonated because it plays to a long held grudge or belief, expressed right here:

I’ve argued the meat point with liberals on message boards probably as far back as the late 90’s. I’d usually start in on my rant after a well meaning liberal would mention something about meat being a luxury or some other such nonsense. It’s no secret that the “bright future” all leftists are fighting for doesn’t have farting cows and we all get our daily ration tickets for our plant based gruel. Whatever cows are left won’t be available for me and you to have a nice steak. One, it’s bad for us, two it’s inhumane and three, it causes greenhouse gasses which we all need to curtail.

As much as I am trying to make it sound ridiculous, it’s not even untrue. Don’t even try to deny that there is a leftist utopia in mind. It might not be the same for everyone but don’t try and tell me that you don’t have this perfect world in mind when we get eveything right. In fact I’d like to hear more about that please.

The story RESONATED with people who have this belief, even if the story itself — which is that it was part of Biden’s plan — WAS FALSE

This is the phantom approach that seem to be the way these days. So Biden is obviously a moderate, to overcome that it becomes “he’s controlled by AOC.” Biden’s plan doesn’t say anything about meat, so it becomes “well we all know this is what you want anyway.” Its all placing people into boxes that are presumptively “evil” and then screaming at the boxes. Its not what is happening now, its the phantom risk of the future, slippery slope etc.

Its all alternate reality, as opposed to reality.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

The story, even being false, its just a proxy for a grievance that sweeps up everyone no matter how far to the political right of the grievance, they still gets swept up into the grievance box.

Anyway, calling the meat thing a lie and ignoring the last four years of made up “news” that never gets retracted and nobody cares about rings a little bit hollow to me

The story isn’t the “meat thing” its that the meat thing was NOT “part of the Biden plan”

IT WAS NOT. That’s the LIE

Not only do you not acknowledge the story was a LIE, you actually justify it in advance with the grievance “past four years of made up “news” that never gets retracted and nobody cares about”

This is why there is a wedge the other poster describes. There’s no way back to reality if that is the approach, the quicksand of Trumpism

• KarmaPolice

Participant

• jbear

Participant

And as always, you’re worried about it when it works against you and not at all worried when it does not. Next you’ll call to suppress the meat story because someone might believe something not true… oh wait? Already suppressed.

This sounds like Hunter Biden all over again. Only this time it’s actually not true and a lie and has already been ignored, stamped out and obliterated and nobody on the other side is even complaining. The left gets stories wrong all the time, injuriously so to the point that millions of liberals believe Trump paid Russian Hookers to pee on him or that Trump was a puppet of Putin despite all evidence to the contrary.

I have to point those out to illustrate to you just how closed minded you are. People who think in line with the way you think believe hundreds of completely untrue and/or unsubstantiated either flat out lies or evidence free nonsense about the orange guy. Where is the outrage?

• BucBalla85

Participant

It’s not about what is fact or not. It’s about what information is passed as fact or not and who decides what is fact or not. It’s also about what stories are highlighted vs not and then which ones are mocked vs not. People will be split on all that in this day and age and there is a deeper reason why that others are not understanding from the other and their is a genuine disconnect but I also feel like it is exaggerated to heat people up and this I believe is happening more and more. Bt controls what people see and don’t see. Highlighted comments about extreme views while other ones are pushed down, invisible or strait up deleted. Should not be happening. It’s a mess and it’s not a good ending. People are moving out of my liberal state because taxes are too high. The city is being destroyed and people (all races) tell me they are sad about what is happening to their city but they don’t want to say anything about it because the media says they would be racist or something. That’s not good.

• jbear

Participant

The story RESONATED with people who have this belief, even if the story itself — which is that it was part of Biden’s plan — WAS FALSE

Are you making my point or yours?

“He first went to Associated Press and then to NBC News, where he broadcast numerous false Russiagate scams including purporting to “independently confirm” CNN’s ultimately retracted bombshell that Donald Trump, Jr. obtained advance access to the 2016 WikiLeaks archive.”

“Bertrand’s career began taking off when, while at Business Insider, she abandoned her obsession with Russia’s role in Syria in 2016 in order to monomaniacally fixate on every last conspiracy theory and gossip item that drove the Russiagate fraud during the 2016 campaign and then into the Trump presidency. Each month, Bertrand produced dozens of Russiagate articles for the site that were so unhinged that they made Rachel Maddow look sober, cautious and reliable.”

“In 2018, it was Jeffrey Goldberg himself — knowing a star CIA propagandist when he sees one — who gave Bertrand her first big break by hiring her away from Business Insider to cover Russiagate for The Atlantic. Shortly after, she joined the Queen of Russiagate conspiracies herself by becoming a national security analyst for MSNBC and NBC News. From there, it was onto Politico and now CNN: the ideal, rapid career climb that is the dream of every liberal security state servant calling themselves a journalist. Her final conspiratorial article for The Atlantic before moving to Politico is the perfect illustration of who and what she is:”

“CNN’s new national security star was no ordinary Russiagate fanatic. There was no conspiracy theory too unhinged or evidence-free for her to promote. As The Washington Post’s media reporter Erik Wemple documented once the Steele Dossier was debunked, there was arguably nobody in media other than Rachel Maddow who promoted and ratified that hoax as aggressively, uncritically and persistently as Bertrand. She defended it even after the Mueller Report corroborated virtually none of its key claims.

In a February, 2020 article headlined “How Politico’s Natasha Bertrand bootstrapped dossier credulity into MSNBC gig,” Wemple described how she was rewarded over and over for “journalism” that would be regarded in any healthy profession with nothing but scorn:”

So we have real lies that you completely overlook and instead make a huge issue about a story that implies Biden wants to take away all the meat. I mean…. dammit. News stories ran with hookers being paid to pee on Trump and you’re worried about the falsehoods raised in a dumb story about meat? It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so damning of our entire society.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

It’s not about what is fact or not. It’s about what information is passed as fact or not and who decides what is fact or not. It’s also about what stories are highlighted vs not and then which ones are mocked vs not. People will be split on all that in this day and age and there is a deeper reason why that others are not understanding from the other and their is a genuine disconnect but I also feel like it is exaggerated to heat people up and this I believe is happening more and more. Bt controls what people see and don’t see. Highlighted comments about extreme views while other ones are pushed down, invisible or strait up deleted. Should not be happening. It’s a mess and it’s not a good ending. People are moving out of my liberal state because taxes are too high. The city is being destroyed and people (all races) tell me they are sad about what is happening to their city but they don’t want to say anything about it because the media says they would be racist or something. That’s not good.

Facts absolutely matter.

I agree with almost everything else you posted.

There is a group ON BOTH SIDES OF THE SPECTRUM who will always be willfully blind to facts. But the rest of the country just need to learn to be skeptical and/or educated CONSUMERS OF INFORMATION.

FACTS ARE FACTS. ITS A FACT THAT THE Biden meat story was false. That should make rational people pause on future stories, wait for a credible or multiple credible sources.

If you look at the worst bozos that post here, the ones who are CONSISTENTLY wrong about everything, their mistake — made over and over and over again – is that they make bold, definitive pronouncements based on almost no information, ALMOST ALWAYS FROM A QUESTIONABLE SOURCE.

They do so repeatedly because they think “I agree with that so it must be true.” Thats CONFIRMATION BIAS.

Sad state of affairs and definitely people profiting from the division but This too shall pass. Most people become more educated over time b

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Just like Greenwald… let’s make this right-wing falsehood, about the left…

And “people are moving out of my liberal state because taxes are too high”.

Like… 🤦

• jbear

Participant

Well some people certainly do move out of a state because of high tax rates just as some people travel across state lines to get around cigarrette taxes or gun laws. Human nature and the desire for individual liberty is something most on the left can’t quite seem to get their heads around.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

That’s true…

And I felt like Anthony Hopkins deserved his award for best actor…

Which is equally relevant to this topic

• FireLicht2020

Participant

• BucBalla85

Participant

Didn’t see I posted it already.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Facts absolutely matter.

I agree with almost everything else you posted.

There is a group ON BOTH SIDES OF THE SPECTRUM who will always be willfully blind to facts. But the rest of the country just need to learn to be skeptical and/or educated CONSUMERS OF INFORMATION.

FACTS ARE FACTS. ITS A FACT THAT THE Biden meat story was false. That should make rational people pause on future stories, wait for a credible or multiple credible sources.

If you look at the worst bozos that post here, the ones who are CONSISTENTLY wrong about everything, their mistake — made over and over and over again – is that they make bold, definitive pronouncements based on almost no information, ALMOST ALWAYS FROM A QUESTIONABLE SOURCE.

They do so repeatedly because they think “I agree with that so it must be true.” Thats CONFIRMATION BIAS.

Sad state of affairs and definitely people profiting from the division but This too shall pass. Most people become more educated over time b

Was basically meaning that there isn’t enough credibility out there to have people know for sure what’s real and what’s not. Anything can be posted and we don’t know for sure what’s real or what’s not. I feel like most stories that are posted are chosen to be talked about for a reason. The wedge. While they might be facts and real they might be excluding facts or another story that should also be covered but they pick and choose about it and it’s not because of this story is more important to cover its because this will get the most buzz and will get the most reaction. We can’t be doing that even if that is the reason. I still belive in the wedge because there are millions divided and that shouldn’t happen. I believe most stories (while can be facts) still are put out to rage people and there can be a story that would show another pov but is ignored because it doesn’t fuel the wedge. People will say that is borderline conspiracy talk but what is wrong with that? People should not believe everything they are told. And people need to do their own research but I feel like people just are either too lazy to look and confirm for themselves(some just don’t like to be wrong and others have too much ego no way my side is wrong) or they just feel why would somebody lie to me which is a perfectly logical question to ask but there is plenty reason why they would lie. I feel this is a genuine problem that I think some are waking up to but I think some even turn blind eye on purpose.

• KarmaPolice

Participant