Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 44 reply threads

• Author

• Biggs3535

Participant

https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/its-not-a-border-crisis-anymore-its-border-chaos/

But the sheer volume of people crossing the border illegally leaves federal authorities little choice. U.S. Border Patrol agents in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley arrested more than 20,000 migrants just last week, including 6,000 over the weekend, adding to the more than 1.1 million apprehensions so far this fiscal year.

• Biggs3535

Participant

In addition to telling the officer that Border Patrol had released them days prior due to their coronavirus status, the family said a charity group had paid for their room at the nearby Texas Inn Hotel. The officer followed up on that information, finding out that Catholic Charities of The Rio Grande Valley had booked all the rooms in the hotel to house undocumented immigrants detained by Border Patrol. He saw a group of 20 to 30 people staying at the hotel who were “out and about.” Most of them weren’t wearing masks, according to the officer.

Police said they learned that Border Patrol was quarantining other undocumented individuals who were COVID positive, or showed symptoms of illness, then handing them over to the non-profit. Catholic Charities would in turn place the undocumented individuals in hotels in the McAllen area as well as La Joya.

The government handing illegals over to “non-profit” charities – wink, wink.

The situation has gone from bad to worse, and like inflation, this administration has no idea how to handle it. It may have been better when Obama and Joe were keeping kids in their cages.

• jbear

Participant

But this is not a crisis… it’s a situation. *wink

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Thanks Don, for this mess.

You guys really cared about the border while 45 was running the show OH WAIT

• spartan

Participant

Does “Build the wall” ring any bells?

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Dec 2020 was the quietest month at the Southern Border in a number of years.

Today, 7 months later, Law enforcement is overwhelmed.

And Fire, you already know this.

and still you resort to an immature, childish response.

The difference in result from Dec 2020 and today

is Biden’s response to illegal immigration.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Is this post serious?

Good call. Trump people didn’t care about the border.

Sweet geebus.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Virgil 2.0 has been Catfished.

• Roy

Participant

Is this post serious?

Good call. Trump people didn’t care about the border.

Sweet geebus.

Trump cared about having a political issue to hammer the Democrats with, and that’s fine. That’s politics. But he himself was hiring illegals at Mar-A-Lago and probably other establishments of his. You don’t think he was aware of that?

My complaint all along is that on the one hand the Republicans squawk about stopping illegals at the border, and on the other hand the rich Republican businessmen are the ones hiring them. They wouldn’t be coming to the US if they didn’t have jobs waiting for them. Sure there are Democrats hiring illegals as well, but they aren’t the ones hypocritically squawking about building the wall.

The illegals get work by multiple levels of subcontractors. You could easily stem the flow of illegals by coming down hard on their employers! But we need these people to keep the economy going. So either come down hard on these employers, or make these illegals legal…or keep being hypocrites. I’m guessing they’ll do the latter.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Roy,

Regardless of the explanations,

we had relative peace in Dec 2020

and we have chaos today.

And this was told to us by a long time member of ICE

who often rides a horse at the border while trying to prevent illegals.

He says Biden’s policies are the reason for the change.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

You guys live in a fantasy world where you think the action of a president are immediate.

You did it with Trump and the market while it continued in an expansion

And you transfer this bullshit to Biden taking over Trump’s shitty border policy.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Trump cared about having a political issue to hammer the Democrats with, and that’s fine. That’s politics. But he himself was hiring illegals at Mar-A-Lago and probably other establishments of his. You don’t think he was aware of that?

Oh, no doubt the president of an organization with tens of thousands of employees knows the immigration status of each one.

Weren’t you lecturing everyone about having common sense a few days ago?

My complaint all along is that on the one hand the Republicans squawk about stopping illegals at the border, and on the other hand the rich Republican businessmen are the ones hiring them. They wouldn’t be coming to the US if they didn’t have jobs waiting for them. Sure there are Democrats hiring illegals as well, but they aren’t the ones hypocritically squawking about building the wall.

The illegals get work by multiple levels of subcontractors. You could easily stem the flow of illegals by coming down hard on their employers! But we need these people to keep the economy going. So either come down hard on these employers, or make these illegals legal…or keep being hypocrites. I’m guessing they’ll do the latter.

I agree here. There are laws on the books for crossing illegally and hiring illegals. Both should be enforced. If the Trump organization hired illegals and continued to do so, they should punished however the law states.

However, you should fill your liberal buddy on here that illegals regularly get jobs even though they aren’t licensed. That was, and probably still is, news to the Mayor of Cluelessville.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Ughhhhh ok

So let’s break it down.

In his 6 months, what specifically did Biden do to make immigration worse?

Name the specific policies, speeches, etc.

Let’s look at the data, timing, and see if we can find a correlation…

Maybe there is something? I’ll keep an open mind…

So present it…

It was x

Biden did y on this date

Now it is z

Clear correlation and causation

• Biggs3535

Participant

Ughhhhh ok

So let’s break it down.

So present it…

It was x

Biden did y on this date

Now it is z

Do you really not know this stuff?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. President Joe Biden said on Thursday he would not apologize for rolling back immigration policies of his Republican predecessor that undermined “human dignity” and brushed off criticism that migrants were making the journey to the southern border because they perceived him to be a “nice guy.”

The Trump-era order allows border agents to rapidly expel migrants without giving them a chance to claim asylum, but it has angered civil rights groups, who say it is illegal.

The migrants include a rising number of unaccompanied minors, who have not been subject to the pandemic-related expulsion policy. As of Tuesday, nearly 5,000 children were backed up in crowded border stations awaiting transfers to overwhelmed federal shelters.

“I make no apologies for ending programs that did not exist before Trump became president that have an incredibly negative impact on the law, international law, as well as on human dignity,” he said.

U.S. Border Patrol caught roughly 100,000 migrants at the border in February, the highest monthly level since a spike in mid-2019. Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said last week that border crossings are on pace for the highest level in 20 years.

Smugglers here told Reuters this month that they had been encouraging parents to send their children alone as a result of the shift in U.S. policy since Biden took charge.

Republican opponents say Biden, a Democrat, encouraged more migrants to cross illegally when he rolled back some of Trump’s restrictive policies.

“It turns out when politicians spend a two-year campaign advertising a porous border and amnesty, people listen,” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell tweeted.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Some of his first actions in office:

In a sharp departure from his Republican predecessor, Biden, a Democrat, just hours after being sworn in also sent an immigration bill to Congress that proposes opening a path to citizenship for millions of immigrants living in the United States unlawfully.

The executive actions, signed at a ceremony at the White House, included immediately lifting a travel ban on 13 mostly Muslim-majority and African countries, halting construction of the U.S.-Mexico border wall and reversing a Trump order preventing migrants who are in the United States illegally from being counted for congressional districts.

Biden also signed a memorandum directing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. attorney general to preserve the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which protects migrants who came to the country as children from deportation, and reversed Trump’s executive order calling for stricter immigration enforcement away from the country’s international borders. Biden’s DHS also issued a memorandum calling for a 100-day moratorium on some deportations.

DHS also said it would end all enrollments in a controversial Trump program – known as the Migrant Protection Protocols – that forced more than 65,000 asylum seekers back to Mexico to wait for U.S. court hearings. The release did not clarify what will happen to migrants currently in the program, many of whom have been stuck for months in squalid tent camps near the southwest border.

The actions show that Biden is beginning his presidency with a sharp focus on immigration, just as Trump kept the issue at the center of his policy agenda until the last days of his administration – though they come at the issue from radically different perspectives. In one of his rare post-election public appearances, Trump earlier this month visited a section of the U.S.-Mexico border wall, which he had ordered built by shifting funds, partly from the military budget.

Biden’s decision to immediately roll back Trump’s travel ban won praise from business groups and migrant advocates. Myron Brilliant, the head of international affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said the ban was “was not aligned with American values” and its reversal would help “restore our credibility on the global stage.”

Dear God, Mr. Mayor. How is this news to you?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It isn’t news. I’m asking you to create a correlation.

Trump’s policy was inhumane.

His wall wasn’t being built and would never work.

Lifting a travel ban on Muslims is a DUH thing to do.

So you’re equating what OUTPUT from this change?

You just gave some nice context… now go back to your strength of zeros and ones and give me the raw data.

Biden took office and x.

He then did:
      Asylum orders – preserve DACA
      Stop the wall (lolz)
      Muslim ban lifted

On now the difference in 6 months is z

I’m going to keep an open mind here but I’d like your articulation.

We’ve gone from this to this and it’s because of this and the data backs it up.

• jbear

Participant

Yeah 4 years of bickering over the wall and being mean to immigrants unremembered in an instant. For now.

• jbear

Participant

You don’t think he was aware of that?

LOL you guys are too funny. In another thread Fire is arguing that Trump is too big a moron to know what a router is after being briefed on it and in another you’re trying to say Trump has his finger on every hiring his businesses do while he’s handed over control to others.

The contortions you and Fire put yourselves through to be able to pat yourselves on the back as one of team good guy.

• jbear

Participant

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

You guys live in a fantasy world where you think the action of a president are immediate.

You did it with Trump and the market while it continued in an expansion

And you transfer this bullshit to Biden taking over Trump’s shitty border policy.

Fire It’s to the point where I almost can’t take your embarrassment anymore. Please stop.

Let me help you out with some 3rd grade remedial logic. That argument can work (sort of) with economics but something like the border where the policy, regs and practices are directly handed down from the administration and immediately implemented, making that argument just makes you sound like an imbecile.

Where is Verge? This just isn’t working for me.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

You’ve already made this joke…

It didn’t trigger me then and it doesn’t trigger me now.

This is a right-wing board so I’m in the minority…

This means a lot of confirmation bias for y’all.

BTW, how did Europe go? Did you manage to survive all the communist manifestos and social programs while you were there?

Was it the hell on earth you thought it would be?

Did you find some cloud to yell at?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Trump’s policy was inhumane.

First off – lolz

You just gave some nice context… now go back to your strength of zeros and ones and give me the raw data.

Biden took office and x.

He then did:
      Stop the wall (lolz)
      Muslim ban lifted

Are you incapable of reading the dates on the links/stories?
      Are you incapable of reading the raw data provided by the links/stories?

All of what you’re asking for has already been provided. Read.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Hmmm… well it’s a simple ask.

But if you wanna take your ball and run, by all means do it!

I’m going to continue to keep an open mind here as I’m not thrilled with how he’s handled the border either.

But the border crisis isn’t an ACUTE problem it is a CHRONIC problem.

Take your ball or don’t… I don’t really give a fuck

• jbear

Participant

You’ve already made this joke…

It didn’t trigger me then and it doesn’t trigger me now.

This is a right-wing board so I’m in the minority…

This means a lot of confirmation bias for y’all.

BTW, how did Europe go? Did you manage to survive all the communist manifestos and social programs while you were there?

Was it the hell on earth you thought it would be?

Did you find some cloud to yell at?

I’ve been there many times.

You might be surprised how popular libertarian Ideas are over there. It’s a lot like Alabama. 35% of people still disagree with the people in charge.

But yeah, plenty of clouds to yell at. I went for a tour of the old collective farm in my wife’s home town. Government sold/leased portions of the old buildings to industrious people who use the buildings as a sort of an industrial park. My wife’s father (somehow still a communist) decried about how the buildings used to be full of animals and now they’re empty.

I met another relative in a far out in the wilderness village we spent all day driving to who told me the way the people survive is by stealing from the government. It’s a badge of honor. And he was in his 50’s so I’m feeling pretty confident that this is a holdout from soviet times when the statement was an incontrovertible truth.

Germany reminded me of Joe’s Covid bunker. Ever been yelled at in German for not wearing a mask while outside? lot’s of business’s still not opened. Merkel has that place humming, everyone in lockstep, everyone of the same mind. “Get in your bunker!” lol Thankfully I was only there for a few days.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Asked and answered. Try reading.

If you find clicking the links too difficult, let me know and I’ll copy and paste a wall of text for you to either ignore or not read altogether.

I’m going to continue to keep an open mind here as I’m not thrilled with how he’s handled the border either.

If this was true, you would read the answers to your questions that were already provided. Instead, you’re choosing to play dumb.

When you actually have an open mind and want to inform yourself of Biden’s words/actions and the results that followed, you let me know.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I’m requiring that you in your own fucking words say how this works…

It’s not that hard. You put your big boy pants on, and type out why the border crisis is Biden’s fault.

Or be a beta and hide behind an article and tell me to read it… when literally in the other thread you’re refusing to read an article.

• spartan

Participant

Biden promised a “fair and humane” immigration policy.
      Shutdown nearly all Trumps border policies, particularly the “remain in Mexico” Program.
      Very publicly Stopped building the wall.
      He Promised a pathway to citizen.

The list goes on. Next thing we know 2 million people are stampeding toward the border under the assumption they are now going to be let in.

So no, I guess actions taken by the President do not have an immediate effect.

Oh, and if that is true, why do we keep on having stimulus?

• spartan

Participant

I went for a tour of the old collective farm in my wife’s home town

Where did you go?

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

But if you wanna take your ball and run, by all means do it!

But the border crisis isn’t an ACUTE problem it is a CHRONIC problem.

Take your ball or don’t… I don’t really give a fuck

Calm down, fgtKarenFire.

:-)

• jbear

Participant

I went for a tour of the old collective farm in my wife’s home town

Where did you go?

I went to Germany, Western Ukraine and Hungary. Western Ukraine is where I went to the farm and where my wife is from. I always am happy to go down to the collective farm as doing so reinforces my confirmation bias… as Fire would say. Never mind all the suffering and having your property confiscated for the good of all. lol

I find those farms really fascinating. There is one in every village in the old Soviet Union. They were the center of these small communities right up until the downfall of the Soviet Union. Recall that relative I mentioned earlier who says with pride that they survive by stealing from the government. lol that was life for these people. Corruption instilled from childhood. Because that was the avenue left open to the people. Steal or die… or at least be really really poor and almost starving.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I find those farms really fascinating. There is one in every village in the old Soviet Union. They were the center of these small communities right up until the downfall of the Soviet Union. Recall that relative I mentioned earlier who says with pride that they survive by stealing from the government. lol that was life for these people. Corruption instilled from childhood. Because that was the avenue left open to the people. Steal or die… or at least be really really poor and almost starving.

Obsessed

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’m requiring that you in your own fucking words say how this works…

It’s not that hard. You put your big boy pants on, and type out why the border crisis is Biden’s fault.

Or be a beta and hide behind an article and tell me to read it… when literally in the other thread you’re refusing to read an article.

You’re “requiring,” eh? Turns out I require you to go fuck yourself.

I’m not sure who you think you’re fooling with this nonsense, but it ain’t working, Mr. Mayor. You asked for dates and raw data, after being given dates and raw data.

Per the usual, you’re getting abused by beta Biggs. Lolz @ “I’m requiring”. That made my day, Mr. Mayor.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Ok don’t… surrender noted.

Couldn’t think for yourself. Couldn’t string some words together…

Do you wipe your own ass?

• Biggs3535

Participant

So let’s break it down.

So present it…

It was x

Biden did y on this date

Now it is z

This is the post the Mayor of Cluelessville made asking for dates, policies, data, etc. to show the correlation of Biden’s words/actions and increased illegal immigration. Then, he acts as if he wasn’t given said dates, policies, data, etc. here:

So you’re equating what OUTPUT from this change?

Biden took office and x.

He then did:
      Stop the wall (lolz)
      Muslim ban lifted

Mr. Mayor was informed he was already given the dates, policies, data, etc. to go along with the context. He simply just doesn’t want to admit it and shift the goal posts to my analysis of the dates, policies, data, etc.. Of course, that’s already been given in the OP/thread title. But I’m happy to restate, since it’s been proven repeatedly Mr. Mayor needs absolutely everything strenuously juxtaposed for him to comprehend: the President and the VP suck at their jobs, especially where the border is concerned. The data makes this point irrefutable.

No where are the goal posts going now, Mr. Mayor?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Took the time to quote all that and respond but you can’t be bothered to articulate the correlation yourself?

Funny…

• spartan

Participant

You don’t think stating you will be implementing a policy like this has any impact?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Yh4OyQ2xw

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by spartan.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lol AGAIN… he got rid of the remain in mexico which the numbers suggest net 45k.

What has Biden done? Where is the correlation?

I’m not suggesting that Biden has done a good job… am asking you to backup your thoughts with data.

Spartan, Biggs, or anyone looking to make a point here.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’m not suggesting that Biden has done a good job… am asking you to backup your thoughts with data.

For the eighth time, the data has been provided. Nobody can make you not ignore it except yourself . Attempt some intellectual honesty and refute the data that been provided, or admit the shit show that is the Biden/Harris administration’s immigration policy.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Proven like revenue, or actually proven?

Ie correlation AND causation

• Biggs3535

Participant

More data to ignore:

SAN DIEGO (AP) — The number of children traveling alone who were picked up at the Mexican border by U.S. immigration authorities likely hit an all-time high in July, and the number of people who came in families likely reached its second-highest total on record, a U.S. official said Monday, citing preliminary government figures.

The sharp increases from June were striking because crossings usually slow during stifling — and sometimes fatal — summer heat.

U.S. authorities likely picked up more than 19,000 unaccompanied children in July, exceeding the previous high of 18,877 in March, according to David Shahoulian, assistant secretary for border and immigration policy at the Department of Homeland Security. The June total was 15,253.

• jbear

Participant

19,000 unaccompanied children dumped at the border in July? And how many of those haven’t yet been reunited with their families? There seems to be a mysterious dearth of reporting on the shit that used to be pretty common… why is that?

How many have been misplaced? gotten covid or God forbid, died while in custody? It seems to me that the lack of reporting does noting but reinforce the nonsense idea that, since they haven’t heard anything, Joe must be doing a great job at the border.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

“All of your ‘data’s must be authenticated by a public notary- or else it’s garbage.
      Plus, I didn’t see the info on CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, NYT, NPR… so it must not be true.” ~ LfDems

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Says the guy who calls everything fake news.

Until it isn’t…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

So you’re attributing these numbers to what?

Biden stopping the stay in mexico policy?

Statistics are like bikinis…

What is the correlation?

• Biggs3535

Participant

A whole thread of ignoring data and making excuses.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Did you intentionally mean to own yourself here or what?

I asked you to back up the data that Biden is responsible for the border.

You, like so many times in the past can find your own version of causation but struggle to find the correlation.

And again, I’m not suggesting Biden has done a good job… but in my mind he’s essentially done nothing… which isn’t a good thing. Anything he’s done has been inconsequential, good or bad.

Good job owning yourself tho!

• Biggs3535

Participant

More data to ignore, as The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied the Biden administration’s request to pause the implementation of a Trump-era immigration policy.

• RK Barrett

Participant

More data to ignore, as The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied the Biden administration’s request to pause the implementation of a Trump-era immigration policy.

while saying Mexico might not agree (Biden Admin’s defense), so it would effectively end any way lol

“The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals refused to suspend Kacsmaryk’s order last week, with a three-judge panel supporting his legal opinion. Justice Samuel Alito subsequently granted the Biden administration a four-day “administrative stay,” which expires Tuesday at midnight.

In its opinion last week, the Fifth Circuit noted that if the Biden administration’s “good-faith efforts to implement MPP are thwarted by Mexico, it nonetheless will be in compliance with the district court’s order, so long as it also adheres to the rest of the statutory requirements.”

On Tuesday, the Supreme Court said its order should “not be read as affecting” the Fifth Circuit’s interpretation of Kacsmaryk’s original ruling.”

and in any event Biden has been using the health law to serve the same purpose

man, this thread is loony tunes

the entire process is about HUMANE treatment that was lacking under Trump because the remains program sent immigrants to shanty towns rather than a coordinated effort

In other words the Biden Amin is trying to accomplish the same thing as the Trump Admin, but minus the Stephen Miller Nazi flair that some Trumpers seem to applaud.

More people come to the border because of storms and because the new admin promises humane treatment . . . and that is celebrated by Trumpers as a failing of the current Admin? Do Trumpers even realize that says more about Trump than Biden?

• RK Barrett

Participant

The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied the Biden administration’s request to pause the implementation of a Trump-era immigration policy

and just so its clear the decision isn’t vindicating either policy, its just saying that the pause by Biden was an administrative action, so there’s a more formal process to complete. not just announcing a pause

https://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/21/21-10806-CV0.pdf

that’s what the case is actually about. Lol

The very dry subject of Admin Procedure Act

• Biggs3535

Participant

The inept Administration continues to struggle:

Some 10,000 migrants have gathered under a US-Mexico border bridge over recent days, leading to a growing humanitarian crisis.

The bridge connects Del Rio in Texas to Mexico’s Ciudad Acuña and the temporary camp there has grown with staggering speed in recent days.

The mostly Haitian migrants, who have crossed the Rio Grande, are sleeping under the bridge in squalid conditions.

The US government has been facing a surge of migrants at the border.

Earlier this year, it was reported that the number of migrants detained at the US-Mexico border in July exceeded 200,000 for the first time in 21 years, government data shows.

And last month, the authorities arrested more than 195,000 migrants at the Mexican border, according to government data released on Wednesday.

• Biggs3535

Participant

First they wouldn’t let journalists into the facilities, and now they don’t want drones getting footage of the shit show on the border.

How’s that for transparency?

Screenshot: Fox News

The Biden administration moved to shut down drones flying in an area along the U.S. southern border where the administration has thousands upon thousands of migrants being held under an overpass.

Fox News reported that, according to law enforcement sources, the majority of those being held under the overpass are Haitians. The report comes as the Biden administration once again suffered a catastrophic month at the border for the month of August, according to reports this week.

“We’ve learned that the FAA just implemented a two week TFR (Temporary Flight Restrictions) over the international bridge in Del Rio, TX, meaning we can no longer fly our FOX drone over it to show images of the thousands of migrants,” Fox News reporter Bill Melugin tweeted. “FAA says ‘special security reason.’”

“Fox News has been covering the border nonstop for almost 7 months now, we use the drone constantly, and it has never been an issue,” Melugin said, later adding that the FAA said in a statement: “The Border Patrol requested the temporary flight restriction due to drones interfering with law enforcement flights on the border. As with any temporary flight restriction, media is able to call the FAA to make requests to operate in the area.”

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.