Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

not being able to witness the annual Jdub meltdown in the 6th round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last year was round 5 with Kadeem Edwards.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did he get hit with the ban stick too?

• Anonymous

Inactive

ive been wondering where he’s been.  He might have turned in his fan card for all I know.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He left crying and is now a Rams fan. He must have blown up early after they drafted a RB in the top ten.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That philosophically our management approaches the draft ass backwards.  No one can pick players well enough to support a trade up or two every season.  Not without a much higher volume of picks coming in.  I couldn’t be more dissapointed in how we manage the draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where is Chad Spann? Find him and you find JDub.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That philosophically our management approaches the draft ass backwards.  No one can pick players well enough to support a trade up or two every season.  Not without a much higher volume of picks coming in.  I couldn't be more dissapointed in how we manage the draft.

We lost only one 7th rounder with our trade ups, I'm sure our franchise will never recover from that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No edge rusher added to the mix is annoying. Letting NE come up and take Flowers hurt a bit.Like the Bell pick though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That philosophically our management approaches the draft ass backwards.  No one can pick players well enough to support a trade up or two every season.  Not without a much higher volume of picks coming in.  I couldn't be more dissapointed in how we manage the draft.

We lost only one 7th rounder with our trade ups, I'm sure our franchise will never recover from that.

As the worst team in the NFL last season, our picks should have been:  1, 34, 65, 101, 137, 178, 218. We picked:  1, 34, 61, 124, 164, 184, 231.Players came and went in trades that had picks involved in this draft.  Incoming:  Logan Mankins and George Johnson.  Outgoing:  Jeremy Zuttah, Tim Wright, and Mike Williams (?).  Who am I forgetting?  Also very important to note the incoming will account for 11ish mil in 2015 cap space.Looks like we (censored) the bed to me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

not being able to witness the annual Jdub meltdown in the 6th round.

i'm sure you can follow it via twitter

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where is Chad Spann? Find him and you find JDub.

You mean Aaron Donald

• Anonymous

Inactive

As the worst team in the NFL last season, our picks should have been:  1, 34, 65, 101, 137, 178, 218. We picked:  1, 34, 61, 124, 164, 184, 231.Players came and went in trades that had picks involved in this draft.  Incoming:  Logan Mankins and George Johnson.  Outgoing:  Jeremy Zuttah, Tim Wright, and Mike Williams (?).  Who am I forgetting?  Also very important to note the incoming will account for 11ish mil in 2015 cap space.Looks like we (censored) the bed to me.

So we lost no picks and a few crap players, we're ruined forever.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you hiring?

• Anonymous

Inactive

By number of picks? No.. but where the picks are is where we screwed ourselves. Also picking a back up guard at the top of the 2nd is not good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

ive been wondering where he's been.  He might have turned in his fan card for all I know.

He verbally attacked MC and PR in a thread using verbage for which that very thread was created to warn against using.Bloody brilliant.

• Anonymous

Inactive

ive been wondering where he's been.  He might have turned in his fan card for all I know.

He verbally attacked MC and PR in a thread using verbage for which that very thread was created to warn against using.Bloody brilliant.

lol.  That’s awesome.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where is the proof hes a rams fan, Did he say that?I was unaware he was around.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest disappointment was picking Winston.  Disgusting.

• Anonymous

Inactive

it was but Im done talking about it for awhile. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

The official java account unbant?

• Anonymous

Inactive

The PR boys are stilling feeling giddy over the Winston pick. Unbans for everyone!

• Anonymous

Inactive

The PR boys are stilling feeling giddy over the Winston pick. Unbans for everyone!

LOL.  Have to wonder, with our lack of WR depth, why didn't we nab Tre McBride in the 7th? Now we'll probably face him in our 1st game... Iosefa seems like a wasted pick to me...

• Anonymous

Inactive

By number of picks? No.. but where the picks are is where we screwed ourselves. Also picking a back up guard at the top of the 2nd is not good.

Re-posted from another thread: If it's true that this draft had only 15-18 players worthy of a legitimate Round 1 grade, then it would seem that it's the perfect time to give up picks to get a guy that they have much confidence in.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this real life

• Anonymous

Inactive

Re-posted from another thread: If it's true that this draft had only 15-18 players worthy of a legitimate Round 1 grade, then it would seem that it's the perfect time to give up picks to get a guy that they have much confidence in.

I think the point is no team actually knows what they are doing when it comes to picking players, so the more picks the more chances to be right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

@FRG:I fully understand the point that was being made, and I agree with the concept. I was simply pointing out that for 2015, it would seem to be the perfect time to give up picks so as to get a player that they feel really good about. The logic being that because of the relatively weak draft class this year, the sting of giving up picks to move up in the draft order is mitigated by the lack of overall talent available.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest disappointment of every year’s draft is the fans. They’re ready to induct a rookie who has never played a down in the NFL into Canton, and they’re ready to cut players who’ve never played a down in the NFL, and call their career a failure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow.

• Anonymous

Inactive

@FRG:I fully understand the point that was being made, and I agree with the concept. I was simply pointing out that for 2015, it would seem to be the perfect time to give up picks so as to get a player that they feel really good about. The logic being that because of the relatively weak draft class this year, the sting of giving up picks to move up in the draft order is mitigated by the lack of overall talent available.

What I am saying is that is a mixture of arrogance and ignorance that rarely (never?) proves successful over time.  I don't think "over time" has shown to be much of a concern for our current management team.  Or, maybe they are the best ever?  Maybe this draft will prove completely anomalous to every other?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggest disappointment? That’s easy. It’s that Chris Conte is now definitely going to start games for us this year. Smh, we should’ve  taken at least DB in this draft. Conte is like the McCown situation all over again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggest disappointment? That's easy. It's that Chris Conte is now definitely going to start games for us this year. Smh, we should've  taken at least DB in this draft. Conte is like the McCown situation all over again.

Damn we're playing today at 4? I need to run to the store then.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggest disappointment? That's easy. It's that Chris Conte is now definitely going to start games for us this year. Smh, we should've  taken at least DB in this draft. Conte is like the McCown situation all over again.

Ok wiseass, do you see an option on the team you think Lovie will let start over his boy?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok wiseass, do you see an option on the team you think Lovie will let start over his boy?

Wright and McDougald.Plus there are going to vets getting cut like every year. Calm down Sweet Pea.

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://youtu.be/SosNsGI00Rg

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wright and McDougald.Plus there are going to vets getting cut like every year. Calm down Sweet Pea.

Check that out, you actually can contribute to the conversation  ;)IMO Wright has been nothing but JAG. He had what, one impact play all of last season and even that came in the final (tanktastic) gameMcDougal has shown some promise, but not to the point that he shouldn't have legit competition for the starting spot.

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://youtu.be/SosNsGI00Rg

Cautiously optimistic about this guy. I'm of the opinion still that our resources could've been better spent on db's as opposed to a dedicated return man and yet another RB.  Just my opinion, especially considering how we got shredded through air last year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t evaluate the talent well enough to grade the picks, but my biggest disappointments are that we blew a couple of mid-round picks coming into the draft, and that we failed to trade Martin and Glennon.  I’m hoping that, on the heels of a weak QB class, we can showcase Glennon in the preseason and pick up a third for next year. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Check that out, you actually can contribute to the conversation  ;)IMO Wright has been nothing but JAG. He had what, one impact play all of last season and even that came in the final (tanktastic) gameMcDougal has shown some promise, but not to the point that he shouldn't have legit competition for the starting spot.

We'll be fine at safety. The names don't look inspiring now but I think they have a plan there. I don't see how a 5th or 6th round rookie would have made anyone feel a whole lot better about the position. Just like DE.With that said, I do like that Ryan Delaire DE that we picked up undrafted. At least his tape was pretty good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think (without having done the research to back it up) that a lot of the upper echelon safeties have come from the mid to late rounds. Either way, I will admit that it’s entirely possible that lovie and Byrd can craft a competent secondary from the elephant manure we have back there.As far as Delaire goes, I love his ability to bend the corner. Aside from J Smith, we haven't had many DE'S that can do that consistently in recent years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I am saying is that is a mixture of arrogance and ignorance that rarely (never?) proves successful over time.  I don't think "over time" has shown to be much of a concern for our current management team.  Or, maybe they are the best ever?  Maybe this draft will prove completely anomalous to every other?

wat

• Anonymous

Inactive

JDub and Dolores are over at bucszone.com

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think (without having done the research to back it up) that a lot of the upper echelon safeties have come from the mid to late rounds. Either way, I will admit that it's entirely possible that lovie and Byrd can craft a competent secondary from the elephant manure we have back there.As far as Delaire goes, I love his ability to bend the corner. Aside from J Smith, we haven't had many DE'S that can do that consistently in recent years.

Good safeties can come from the late rounds but those guys usually take longer to develop. So one day after the draft we would still feel like we have a hole there. I think we'll be fine back there by week one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m trying to wrap my head around the LB pick in the 4th round instead of a DE. The Strong Side LB comes out in Nickel and the Weakside LB is Lavonte David. Maybe he is projected MLB eventually who will better than the guy we signed from Dallas.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm trying to wrap my head around the LB pick in the 4th round instead of a DE. The Strong Side LB comes out in Nickel and the Weakside LB is Lavonte David. Maybe he is projected MLB eventually who will better than the guy we signed from Dallas.

Licht said they had him as their top OLB in the draft.  He should also be a stud on ST.  Pigeonholing for need is dangerous and a good way to end up with bad drafts. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

The DEs weren’t very good this year. No point in picking one just to pick one. A good olb is better than a scrub de.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm trying to wrap my head around the LB pick in the 4th round instead of a DE. The Strong Side LB comes out in Nickel and the Weakside LB is Lavonte David. Maybe he is projected MLB eventually who will better than the guy we signed from Dallas.

I don't know what the actual plan is, but I hope the plan is to develop him into a MLB. He could go on the Shelton Quarles plan of special teams and SLB for two years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I am saying is that is (sic) a mixture of arrogance and ignorance that rarely (never?) proves successful over time.  I don't think "over time" has shown to be much of a concern for our current management team.  Or, maybe they are the best ever?  Maybe this draft will prove completely anomalous to every other?

Did you mean for your first sentence to read: "What I am saying is that it is a mixture of arrogance and ignorance that rarely (never?) proves successful over time."?If so, then I admit that I didn't fully understand your point. I was making the argument that, for 2015, the circumstances seem to allevite one of the negative aspects of trading up. That's it. Please explain (in detail, if you would) the meaning of your second and third statements. Not attempting to troll you, not trying to get your pulse rate up, I just want to understand your take, that's all. It's still my take that this draft was indeed an anomaly, due to lack of top-tier talent, and that as such, it was a perfect time to deal the consequently less-valuable picks for guys that they felt would have been gone by the time they were originally due to pick. Again, that's it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I am saying is that is (sic) a mixture of arrogance and ignorance that rarely (never?) proves successful over time.  I don't think "over time" has shown to be much of a concern for our current management team.  Or, maybe they are the best ever?  Maybe this draft will prove completely anomalous to every other?

Did you mean for your first sentence to read: "What I am saying is that it is a mixture of arrogance and ignorance that rarely (never?) proves successful over time."?If so, then I admit that I didn't fully understand your point. I was making the argument that, for 2015, the circumstances seem to allevite one of the negative aspects of trading up. That's it. Please explain (in detail, if you would) the meaning of your second and third statements. Not attempting to troll you, not trying to get your pulse rate up, I just want to understand your take, that's all. It's still my take that this draft was indeed an anomaly, due to lack of top-tier talent, and that as such, it was a perfect time to deal the consequently less-valuable picks for guys that they felt would have been gone by the time they were originally due to pick. Again, that's it.

I meant "that" as in the line of thinking in your post.First, the conclusions you draw from your opinion don't make sense to me.  Fewer first round grades in this particular draft means picks in the last 4 rounds are somehow less valuable?  Were that the case it would mean picks toward the end of the first/top of the 2nd would be devalued.  Unless, again, this draft proves completely anomalous and only produces a couple dozen substantial NFL players.  It is arrogance, again, because consistently trading away picks for fewer picks necessitates you pick players significantly better then your peers.  In a process where players unanimously judged outside the top 5 at their position routinely become the best of the bunch. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

First of all, I think that people's overall judgment of an entire draft class before anyone has touched the field is probably pretty useless.  I'm also not sure I personally agree that it's a weak class, I think that the influx of juniors declaring for the draft has just muddied the draft process further.  Take the OT's as an example, nobody is saying that there is no talent there, instead pretty much all of them had a couple issues that needed work, it was kind of a pick your poison situation.  Everyone said DJ Humpries had the potential to be a high end left tackle but he still needs significant work to get there and therefore he was picked in the mid 20's while Ereck Flowers will probably never be a left tackle but he will be a bull at right tackle and was taken earlier. I honestly think the 2nd and 3rd round had some of the most talented mid rounders that I can remember.  From everything I saw Eric Kendricks was the most talented MLB not named CJ Mosley in the last 3 drafts.  He was taken at 45.    AJ Cann was a rock solid guard prospect and everyone knew it, top of the 3rd round.My point is that the fact that there wasn't a lot of true 1st round grades doesn't mean it's a weak class because it seemed to me like there was probably 100 2nd and 3rd round grades. I think that was kind of verified with some of the weird names that were called at unexpected times and places.  In regards to the Bucs draft we have/had a lot of holes and in no way could afford to give up many picks especially considering what it costs to move up in the first. 

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.