Viewing 79 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Aaron Donald Could Be In Play for Tampa Bay BuccaneersBy Ernie Padaon - May 5th, 2014 at 4:39 pm donald2_zpsb157f156.jpgPitt DT Aaron Donald looks like he could find his way in the top 10 in the NFL Draft. Bill Polian has him landing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Bucs Beat Writer Tom Kersniqi mentioned the possibility a couple of weeks ago. Donald saw his stock rise a ton during the Senior Bowl and it has continued to grow during the offseason. He is an undersized defensive tackle that knows how to make plays on the football field. His size has not slowed him down in the college game and he doesn’t expect it to slow him down at the next level. Will Lovie Smith want to bring in more talent on defense for his first draft with the Bucs? Donlad is a playmaker and nobody should be surprised to see his rise in the draft. He finds his way to the football and disrupts the action. Donald would be an instant force with the Bucs defense. He would get in the middle of the defense and disrupt the passing game with his quickness off of the ball. He will be someone to watch early in the draft when the Bucs are on the clock.http://nflspinzone.com/2014/05/05/aaron-donald-play-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn’t be surprised at all. It would be hard to be upset if we landed Donald. We’d have to use all our other picks on offense though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DT makes zero sense for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't be surprised at all. It would be hard to be upset if we landed Donald. We'd have to use all our other picks on offense though.

YES YES YES!!!!!!  Please make Donald the choice.  There is not a more disruptive player in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Donald but we have our starting defensive tackles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Donald but we have our starting defensive tackles.

With the exception of GMC, Donald appears to be better than any other DT on the team.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

A McCoy and Donald pairing could be quite scary for opposition QBs. I wouldn’t be upset seeing him become a Buc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A McCoy and Donald pairing could be quite scary for opposition QBs. I wouldn't be upset seeing him become a Buc.

The question becomes “who do you double team”…….definitely will dictate keeping more in to protect

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

A McCoy and Donald pairing could be quite scary for opposition QBs. I wouldn't be upset seeing him become a Buc.

The question becomes "who do you double team".......definitely will dictate keeping more in to protect

The pairing should also allow Johnson and Clayborn to get in on the action as well, and that's without considering that David likes to hit the QB as well. Such a potentially hard hitting, dominant D would be a great help in our division and the league as a whole. Taking Donald certainly is an intriguing option.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The question becomes "who do you double team".......definitely will dictate keeping more in to protect

The pairing should also allow Johnson and Clayborn to get in on the action as well, and that's without considering that David likes to hit the QB as well. Such a potentially hard hitting, dominant D would be a great help in our division and the league as a whole. Taking Donald certainly is an intriguing option.

Nothing would please me more than seeing Brees, Ryan or Newton laying on the turf looking out of the ear hole of their helmet after getting run over by the DL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will never understand how people want to draft a backup DT at #7. GMC and McDonald are going to be the starters. So we’re picking a backup in the top 10?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I want them to get Manziel, I think this guy is the most likely choice for Lovie and his style.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i will be beyond pissed if Donald is the pick. ever if we traded back into the mid teens id still be very unhappywe dont need a DT that plays the same spot as McCoy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be an idiotic pick for us. It won’t happen. If the wr's we covet are gone we should trade back or pick Ebron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't keep more in to protect on the interior line. This makes no sense.

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

Donald has potential to be a good player, but picking him early in the first does not address need or BPA. Would be a silly pick and not a good start for the new regime draft wise imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donald has potential to be a good player, but picking him early in the first does not address need or BPA. Would be a silly pick and not a good start for the new regime draft wise imo.

Need? No.  BPA? Maybe.  Depends on who goes in the first 6 picks. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would make no sense to pick a dt that high. I didn’t even know who this kid was until the senior bowl so I can’t say I watched a ton of him. Just doesn’t address need of ours it’s a luxury pick. Pass. For some reason peria Jerry keeps coming to mind with this kid when I think of him. Remember everyone was fawning for him too.howdd that work out for the falcons again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would make no sense to pick a dt that high. I didn't even know who this kid was until the senior bowl so I can't say I watched a ton of him. Just doesn't address need of ours it's a luxury pick. Pass. For some reason peria Jerry keeps coming to mind with this kid when I think of him. Remember everyone was fawning for him too.howdd that work out for the falcons again?

Not going to say we should take him at 7...but if you didnt know about him before the senior bowl, thats on you.  The Jerry comparison is just comical.

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

Need? No.  BPA? Maybe.  Depends on who goes in the first 6 picks.

I agree, it depends on how the draft falls, but it would be tough to spend our first pick so early in the draft on a position that is not a glaring need. With that said, if we take him, Im sure we will find a way to make it work, provide healthy combination in the pre-season. In our division and with Lovie's style of D, we can use all of the upfront pressure that we can get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft Donald, trade McCoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Prisco has Donald as the 4th best player in the draft and he has been linked to the Raiders at 5 and the Vikings at 8. We'll be lucky is he even makes it to us. If he does, I think there are quite a few teams that might wanna trade up for him. At that point we have to decide if the multiple picks packaged in a trade are more valuable than the best pass rusher in the draft. Either way it's a win.

This.  At our spot it's possible for a top talent to slide and someone get itchy enough to trade with us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DT Donald, the guy really reminds me of Amobi Okoye.  Arguably better talent coming out of college…but who knows if he would pan out.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing would please me more than seeing Brees, Ryan or Newton laying on the turf looking out of the ear hole of their helmet after getting run over by the DL.

If that were to happen we'd be getting flagged left and right for "unsportsmanlike conduct" even though all the sacks would be legal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This and your Freeman ramblings make me happy that someone took the time to install wifi on the short bus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will never understand how people want to draft a backup DT at #7. GMC and McDonald are going to be the starters. So we're picking a backup in the top 10?

Your'e joking right?  Kill the body and the head will fall.  You can never have enough DTs and in Lovie's system or in anyone's system that wants to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This and your Freeman ramblings make me happy that someone took the time to install wifi on the short bus.

Cant wait to give McCoy that 6 year, $80M extension and have him get two 3rd sacks the whole season and maybe one with a 4th qtr lead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cant wait to give McCoy that 6 year, $80M extension and have him get two 3rd sacks the whole season and maybe one with a 4th qtr lead.

I see you have come down off your $15M a year number you kept throwing out a few months ago.  Glad we can talk about those "clutch sacks" again. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just ask Tom Brady about how effective DTs can mess up high powered offenses. Donald would be a game changer in the NFCS…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A McCoy and Donald pairing wouldn't make any sense...They play the same position...A Nose Tackle in the later rounds makes more sense.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glad we can talk about those "clutch sacks" again.

Not much to talk about when it comes to McCoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Especially when you make up your own stats. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL games are decided on 3rd down and in the 4th qtr. That’s a fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sacks are usually generated by OLBs and DEs......I wouldn't put too much in to McCoy's sacks...Our DE's sucked....No Outside pass rush other than David....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^ This is your brain on drugs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL games are decided on 3rd down and in the 4th qtr. That's a fact.

What are Free-tard's 3rd down stats in the 4th qtr?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think he had 19 4th qtr comebacks. Defense ended up blowing about a third of them though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think he had 19 4th qtr comebacks. Defense ended up blowing about a third of them though.

Eh...9...19...whats the difference right?http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FreeJo00

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you look past need, it’s hard to argue Donald isn’t worthy of a top 10 pick. Maybe he’s not huge, but so what? The guy’s going to be beast at the next level. If Lovie really, truly buys into wearing teams out in the Tampa heat then Donald makes a ton of sense. Guys like him and McCoy coming at a guy fresh all game could be crazy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh...9...19...whats the difference right?http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FreeJo00

Like I said, that does not include the comebacks he had when the defense gave the lead right back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, that does not include the comebacks he had when the defense gave the lead right back.

Also doesnt include all the games where we needed him to not suck during crunch time and he did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not many of those.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not many of those.

Denial is a terrible thing to suffer from my friend.  Hope you get better one day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m open to examples.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm open to examples.

One would think getting 1 offer for the veteran minimum would be enough of an example of how bad your boy sucks.  Of course all those coaches, scouts, and GMs just are short sighted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm open to examples.

One would think getting 1 offer for the veteran minimum would be enough of an example of how bad your boy sucks.  Of course all those coaches, scouts, and GMs just are short sighted.

I hate to say it but that had nothing to do with Josh's ability.  He just plain lost his marbles.  If he gets his wits about him, he could rebound in a few years. I think he's only 22.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm open to examples.

So you dont have many examples of him letting the team down in crunch time. Because I have a whole arsenal of examples of when he put the team on his back in crunch time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm open to examples.

So you dont have many examples of him letting the team down in crunch time. Because I have a whole arsenal of examples of when he put the team on his back in crunch time.

Do I have time to go back over every single game he played?  No, Im sorry I dont.  But I do have this...4th Quarter Stats within 7 points:          Comp %      TD        Int        QBR2012:  53.6            2            1          77.52011:  54.5            0            2          53.52010:  64.0            4            2          99.72009:  55.3            2            3          62.0Stats with a lead:2012:  49.0          7            5          73.52011:  53.8          1            2          63.62010:  63.8          8            0          114.42009:  60.7          1            0          90.2Correct me if I am wrong...but did the defense throw all those interceptions with the game close or a lead?  I will give you Freeman had a great 2010...unfortunately for us he was our QB for 2011, 2012, and briefly in 2013.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you want to call him out for not stepping in crunch time then yes you need to bring up examples. And if he wasn't our QB in 2012 we would have went 3-13

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you want to call him out for not stepping in crunch time then yes you need to bring up examples. And if he wasn't our QB in 2012 we would have went 3-13

He was our QB and we went 7-9.  So your idol was worth 4 wins in your own argument.  Stellar.  I cited stats...sorry that isnt good enough for you when it is for the rest of the NFL world.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Donald as a football player,  but I’ll throw my remote at the television if we go defense early.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will never understand how people want to draft a backup DT at #7. GMC and McDonald are going to be the starters. So we're picking a backup in the top 10?

And why exactly would McDonald start over Donald?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because we'd also like to stop the run .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This guy is defending Freeman and bashing McCoy? Why are you still guys arguing with him? He's shown he doesn't grasp the game.Josh was often awful the whole game and then "came back" at the last minute. No one in their right mind puts Josh Freeman on GMac's level. End of story.Oh and games are won during the whole game. Not only on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter. GTFO with those cliches and watch the games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

do you really think mcdonald weighing 10 more pounds will be that much of a difference?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he wouldn’t be a backup.  McDonald was not the starter with Seattle last year.  I like what I’ve seen from Donald more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This guy is defending Freeman and bashing McCoy? Why are you still guys arguing with him? He's shown he doesn't grasp the game.Josh was often awful the whole game and then "came back" at the last minute. No one in their right mind puts Josh Freeman on GMac's level. End of story.Oh and games are won during the whole game. Not only on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter. GTFO with those cliches and watch the games.

I defend Freeman against false attacks. And I bash McCoy because when QBs are grilling steaks in the pocket in the 4th qtr and our leads go up in smoke the guy is MIA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't keep more in to protect on the interior line. This makes no sense.

you do if your guards and center are getting beaten play after play.  The center can only help one side.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess having 66 TFLs is not being able to stop the run.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i will be beyond pissed if Donald is the pick. ever if we traded back into the mid teens id still be very unhappywe dont need a DT that plays the same spot as McCoy

I dont understand that mentality. I love McCoy. Would have picked him no.1 overall. But Im not putting all my eggs in his basket. What if he is injured? Then we have nothing at DT. The Giants didnt need JPP when they drafted him but they are surely glad they have him now. Its really quite simple for me. Adding Donald could make a good DL into a dominant DL. Plus, you should be aware that the Bucs plan on using a DL rotation, so we will have 7 to 8 DL get significant playing time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont understand that mentality. I love McCoy. Would have picked him no.1 overall. But Im not putting all my eggs in his basket. What if he is injured? Then we have nothing at DT. The Giants didnt need JPP when they drafted him but they are surely glad they have him now. Its really quite simple for me. Adding Donald could make a good DL into a dominant DL. Plus, you should be aware that the Bucs plan on using a DL rotation, so we will have 7 to 8 DL get significant playing time.

And don’t forget, Donald played DE last year and had almost identical numbers so he gives the Bucs even more DL options

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be very happy if Donald was the pick at #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

do you really think mcdonald weighing 10 more pounds will be that much of a difference?

It's more than just the 10 pounds. It's what we've seen and know. McDonald was very stout for the Seahawks , not to mention a nice bonus in the pass rush with 5 sacks.I realize the Donaldmania that has overtaken some of you has you losing touch with reality . You laughably hyped yourselves into thinking Donald is a flawless player who is going to dominant every down no matter what position he is playing , but here is a little dose of reality:"Definitely undersized; height and bulkShort arms; makes him easier to engage and will force him to work with less spaceFrame is maxed outLimited schematically; likely only a 4-3 three techniqueCan be over aggressive and get upfield too quicklyWill simply be overpowered in the NFL team when teams decide to run right at him"- See more at: http://nfldraftgeek.com/aarondonald_scoutingreport.html#sthash.EVqx7pTs.dpufAnother Scout :Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh: 6-0½, 285. Undersized three-technique in a 4-3 scheme. "He was the most valuable player in the Senior Bowl, not Dee Ford," one scout said. "He's a good player if you can get by with his size. He reminds me of the guy from Iowa who plays for the Falcons (DT Jonathan Babineaux)." Also regarded as a better prospect than Green Bay DT Mike Daniels, another ex-Hawkeye. "He's productive as hell," one scout said. "He'll get his (expletive) kicked for 10 straight plays and then he'll make a sack. It's the damndest thing. But down in and down out, playing the run, it's going to be hard."Don't be mad , it's just the facts. Reality is we aren't picking this dude . Best to get over it now. I'm sure he'll make a good pass rushing Undertackle for someone else .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff DJ. I like Donald but I couldn’t get behind picking a defensive lineman at 7 unless there was a DE worth that pick sitting there, which there won’t be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DJ  Thanks for the info  +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs SHOULD be going after a QB. They’ve got their transition QB in Josh McGown and after that; they have a solid backup QB in Glennon.You don't putz around from one draft to another like you've got all the time in the world when you're sitting on the #7 overall pick. I expect a QB in the 1st round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would not surprise me in the least if the Bucs are using a first round QB as a smokescreen, and really intend to take Donald.  For all anyone knows, they are really in love with Garoppolo’s quick release and intend on taking him at all costs.  I feel like there are a dozen different scenarios that I could talk myself into being the best option.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't be mad , it's just the facts. Reality is we aren't picking this dude . Best to get over it now. I'm sure he'll make a good pass rushing Undertackle for someone else .

i would like a handful of great pasrushers. What do you have against great passrushers?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s just “facts”, according to the board numbskull.Give it up DJ.  You are a troll.  A dumb one as well.  With stalker characteristics.Corndog.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid mad. Stalking me thread to thread.You a sore loser , bro ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doloris mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uh-oh….are you going to place me on ignore for 10 minutes again , Boid Stink ?? LOLz….dumb ass

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade the draft away for SUPERSTAR STUD HOF BOUND Trent Richardson!go home son.  Leave the ball for the ballers.  Doloris loses.  The board idiot should be your screen name.  Useless troll.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade the draft away for SUPERSTAR STUD HOF BOUND Trent Richardson!go home son.  Leave the ball for the ballers.  Doloris loses.  The board idiot should be your screen name.  Useless troll.

U sure U not mad ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doloris mad.Got to be.  HA HA HA HA HA!Got your goat son!  In that dome...bwa ha ha ha!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are the one ranting in exclamation points and Caps .  U mad , bruh , and embarassing yourself as usual. Take it down a notch.Now back on topic. You didn't answer the question , Boid Stink . Last time you lasted 10 minutes with me on ignore. How long will it be this time ?? Can you beat your personal best , nimrod ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donald is looking like he will be a good player. But when it comes to the Bucs, I always think, where are you going to play him?  I know there is a rotation, but do you want to have your #7 draft pick being JAG on the D-line? Guys like Spence need all the snaps they can get, to see how they develop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doloris mad as hell.  I love it!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are the one ranting in exclamation points and Caps .  U mad , bruh , and embarassing yourself as usual. Take it down a notch.Now back on topic. You didn't answer the question , Boid Stink . Last time you lasted 10 minutes with me on ignore. How long will it be this time ?? Can you beat your personal best , nimrod ??

"Nimrod" is a word That doesn't get used nearly enough....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol , agreed Fanokit.

Please wait…

Viewing 79 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.