Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• cyberdude558

Participant

One of five former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders suing the team shared with HuffPost Live the specific details of the “jiggle test” that determined whether the women were physically prepared to perform on game day.Alyssa U., a plaintiff in the lawsuit against the Bills, and her attorney spoke with host Caitlyn Becker on Thursday about the case, which alleges cheerleaders were underpaid for hundreds of hours of work at public appearances, where they were sexually objectified. The cheerleaders' bodies were also routinely evaluated by a coach who documented their flaws, Alyssa said."One week prior to the game, we were to dress in our uniforms and stand before our coach, who had a clipboard in her hand, and we had to face forward, turn around, face back to the front and do about 10 jumping jacks. And from there, she would write down on her notepad what parts of our bodies jiggled," she said.The next day, the women would receive an email with checkmarks that indicated what body parts -- including "butt, thighs, back, stomach" -- they needed to work on."If a girl got two checks in these areas, she was warned that she was not going to be field ready, and if there were three check marks, then she was not performing, she was sitting the next game," Alyssa said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/25/buffalo-bills-jiggle-test_n_5213561.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rice’s wife also got treatment like that.She failed the test and the rest is history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see the big deal…. part of a cheerleader’s job is to look good. Its like suing your company for testing your math skills.... or knowledge about computers..... lawyers suck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never got the point of cheerleaders in pro football. It’s not a very rah-rah or casual environment compared to high school and college.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disturbing commentary on where we are as a society

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are fugging cheerleaders. Thier job is to jump around in tiny outfits and add sex appeal to a football game. They are there for drunk fans to oggle and drool over. THAT is the reality. Either look like an airbrushed model or do something else. If you want something less demeaning, then go do something else with your life! How hard is that? Don’t start crying and sue because you got old and you developed some cellulite or flabby underarms. That just means it is time for you to move on and do something else with your life. You’ve outgrown it. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else because there are a few thousand younger, better looking girls that will gladly do jumping jacks to show they are in ideal shape. Ten years from now we'll have a bunch of fat ugly cheerleaders with equal rights. Smh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are fugging cheerleaders. Thier job is to jump around in tiny outfits and add sex appeal to a football game. They are there for drunk fans to oggle and drool over. THAT is the reality. Either look like an airbrushed model or do something else. If you want something less demeaning, then go do something else with your life! How hard is that? Don't start crying and sue because you got old and you developed some cellulite or flabby underarms. That just means it is time for you to move on and do something else with your life. You've outgrown it. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else because there are a few thousand younger, better looking girls that will gladly do jumping jacks to show they are in ideal shape. Ten years from now we'll have a bunch of fat ugly cheerleaders with equal rights. Smh.

According to this  ( http://sports.yahoo.com/news/buffalo-bills-cheerleaders-halt-season-202235251--nfl.html ) they "worked hundreds of hours for free, and were subjected to groping and sexual comments." "The case against the Bills claims the Jills are wrongly classified as independent contractors and subjected to policies that violate the state's $8 per hour minimum wage law...""The Jills aren't paid for games or practices and have to make 20-35 appearances, most of which are unpaid, at community and charity events each season, the lawsuit said. On top of that, they have to pay $650 for their uniforms and are not reimbursed for travel or other expenses, the cheerleaders said."But the jiggle test seems okay. As long as no one is groping or touching you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah well of course there can be no groping….but the title says they are suing over the “jiggle test” not groping.As far as the no pay....that is what it is. They do it because they make money doing paid public appearances and it is great on their resume for future jobs, But it has never paid much of anything. Hundred bucks or so a game. They know that coming in, so complaining about the minimum wage thing seems like bull**CENSORED** to me. I mean....they SHOULD get paid, but they never have. So how do you take a job that pays nothing and then complain about it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’re also suing to get paid better. Instead of sitting on their butts and letting “the man” dictate their pay, they’re doing something about it! And considering all the work they do and the revenue that the NFL teams bring in? Pay the man! Err.. women!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread proves Lennon was right:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asf4InKVo8kThink about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

……..this league is definitely undergoing a “shift”….those that can’t see it, choose not to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waaaaaaaaaaah!  My butt moved so I can’t dance around in a skin tight suit that objectifies my body!Who gives a crap Jills!  I think the coach should be fired for making the cheerleaders anorexic sticks of flatness.More bounce to the ounce punks!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can say that just like the Bills I assume most teams will react to pay cheerleaders more with a don’t have them at all answer. They are not a value add especially in an era when most folks are staring at highlights, fantasy football results and twitter during breaks and not at the field. IIRC, the Cowboys pay their cheerleaders leaders crap and they make all their money off of personal appearances and such plus there is the long term I want to run a dance studio and being a professional cheerleader on my resume thing is a helper.  I have little sympathy for adults who signed up knowing the terms of the deal and now suddenly want to change the deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

isn't the NFL combine basically one giant jiggle test?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread proves Lennon was right:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asf4InKVo8kThink about it.

Ok, I’ll bite. How so?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two issues here: exploitation and cheapness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two issues here: exploitation and cheapness.

although the girls are willingly signing up to be exploited for a job they know isn’t paid?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…wtf is wrong with a little jiggle to a woman anyway??Chubby girls are fun too. I'll admit. They also can handle being rough better too.Not surprising. It was a FEMALE who was judging them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

... I have little sympathy for adults who signed up knowing the terms of the deal and now suddenly want to change the deal.

Exactly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t it similar to football players not wanting to be hit?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

they all know the deal going in. this is basically volunteer work. so shut your c**k sucker and go wiggle your ass for the fans. if this “job” isn’t satisfying you , may I suggest hooters or mons venus.

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.