Blount, K2 and Talib and more

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

.(Btw, Demps was the replacement for Blount? Is that correct?)

If that's a question....they were traded for each other.

I thought Blount was traded for a pick AND the rights to Demps?

Right. They were traded for each other.

Plus a pick. So Blount was traded for a pick that became James and also Demps.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Those tree are knuckleheads, spare parts, not cogs in a long term plan. All will be gone soon from the NFL. Wouldn't want them on my team.

Very much agree.Glad they are out of here, especially Talib, who was carrying too much baggage to remain in Tampa. James for Blount is infinitely better and Wright shows signs of being better then ME-ME.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Let’s be honest, the big reason these guys are gone is because they were not considered Schiano men.  Schiano saw they were not going to quietly put up with his antics and had his puppet MD run them out of town.  The moves had nothing to do with depth or even starters in the case of Talib and Bennett.  You cannot make a good argument that the current starters at DE or CB opposite Revis are better than those two players. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Let's be honest, the big reason these guys are gone is because they were not considered Schiano men.  Schiano saw they were not going to quietly put up with his antics and had his puppet MD run them out of town.  The moves had nothing to do with depth or even starters in the case of Talib and Bennett.  You cannot make a good argument that the current starters at DE or CB opposite Revis are better than those two players.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the rest of this thread.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretty stupid thread.  Very few posters had any problem with the team moving on from Winslow, Talib, and/or Blount.  Winslow’s explosion was gone, Talib was an overrated bonehead, and Blount was given chance after chance to pick-up protection responsibilities.  But I suppose leg-humpers will be leg-humpers, even with the HC having a .292 winning percentage.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretty stupid thread.  Very few posters had any problem with the team moving on from Winslow, Talib, and/or Blount.  Winslow's explosion was gone, Talib was an overrated bonehead, and Blount was given chance after chance to pick-up protection responsibilities.  But I suppose leg-humpers will be leg-humpers, even with the HC having a .292 winning percentage.

^^^^ The Scarecrow is lonely (and clearly still unable to read)

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

.(Btw, Demps was the replacement for Blount? Is that correct?)

If that's a question....they were traded for each other.

I think that's not completely correct.  I believe the Bucs got a pick AND Demps for Blount.  Also, I could be wrong but I think that pick turned into Mike James.  If true, we got Mike James and Demps for Blount.  A pretty good trade IMO.As for Talib, I believe we got a 4th round pick for him which we turned into Akeem Spence, who is our starting NT.  Again, Talib for Spence.  I think we got the best of that trade, if only because Talib gets hurt every year, without exception.  He is out with an injury....as usual, while Spence is still playing.  While I won't argue tjat Talib is an outstanding CB but he isn't much help when he is hurt, which happens EVERY YEAR.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think that's not completely correct.  I believe the Bucs got a pick AND Demps for Blount.  Also, I could be wrong but I think that pick turned into Mike James.  If true, we got Mike James and Demps for Blount.  A pretty good trade IMO.As for Talib, I believe we got a 4th round pick for him which we turned into Akeem Spence, who is our starting NT.  Again, Talib for Spence.  I think we got the best of that trade, if only because Talib gets hurt every year, without exception.  He is out with an injury....as usual, while Spence is still playing.  While I won't argue tjat Talib is an outstanding CB but he isn't much help when he is hurt, which happens EVERY YEAR.

The pick was used for part of Mike James as the pick they got from the Pats was used to move up to pick James. Also, both Demps and James are on IR while Blount is playing which wouldn't be an issue if you didn't use the Talib is injured angle regarding Spence.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Huh?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Huh?

The pick the Bucs received for Blount from the Pats was originally traded from the Vikes to the Pats and used, in part, to select Cordelle Patterson....likely the only player in the entire discussion worth talking about. That was pick 229. To select Mike James, the Bucs traded #196 which was the pick the Bucs "exchanged" with the Eagles in moving from an early 7th to a late 6th for Regus Benn and #229 to move to #189.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.