Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• TampaBucks05

Participant

Listening to Booger on 987 the fan right now. He makes a good point about Glennon potentially winning the starting gig this offseason. Since McCown is going into training camp as the HC’s favorite, Glennon winning the starting gig would mean  he truly earned the job  and vastly improved from last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And becomes the next Payton Manning…..I agree.  But this isn’t Fantasy Island. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we don’t go QB in first round I hope Glennon can win the job. McCown is older and seems to be a short term fix without much upside. I rather see Glennon win the job and see what he can do with a competent head coach directing the way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

every Buc fan should hope Glennon wins the job, so long as he beats out last year’s best version of McCown and anyone else we draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best thing for this franchise is for Glennon to swap brains with Peyton. I’ll supply the scalpel.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

If Glennon wins the job it would be awesome. Would show how hard he is working this offseason and that Lovie trusts him more than his own guy McCown

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best thing for this franchise is for Glennon to swap brains with Peyton. I'll supply the scalpel.

..Can we get a petition started on that already!?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that’s a very valid argument.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best thing for this franchise is for Glennon to swap brains with Peyton. I'll supply the scalpel.

Jesus don't let Peyton know about the plan or he'll start locking his door!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not going to have a chance. The practice and pre-season game reps will be controlled and manipulated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the best thing for glennon would be to just wear his vote for pedro shirt and stop being ashamed of his past.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that would be the best situation, as it would also mean we didn’t draft a QB with the #7 pick, and instead picked up some valuable pieces at other positions.  Glennon can get it done in this league, but will he make that leap?  We have other needs, and unless Teddy is there at 7, I don’t think the other QBs are really going to be any better in the long run than Glennon.  Worst case scenario is we come out to start the season with McCown, meaning Glennon couldn’t beat him out.  If McCown can’t keep up his form from last year(and who really expects him to do that?) then if Glennon didn’t beat him out of camp, we could be in trouble again.  I’d like to take this year to figure that out though, but I’ll just have to trust Lovie and Tedford to get it right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon wins the starting job it will be because McCown is injured … worst case scenario.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that would be the best situation, as it would also mean we didn't draft a QB with the #7 pick, and instead picked up some valuable pieces at other positions.  Glennon can get it done in this league, but will he make that leap?  We have other needs, and unless Teddy is there at 7, I don't think the other QBs are really going to be any better in the long run than Glennon.  Worst case scenario is we come out to start the season with McCown, meaning Glennon couldn't beat him out.  If McCown can't keep up his form from last year(and who really expects him to do that?) then if Glennon didn't beat him out of camp, we could be in trouble again.  I'd like to take this year to figure that out though, but I'll just have to trust Lovie and Tedford to get it right.

The best for this team would be for Glennon, Wright, Owusu, Bowers, Barron, the other OLB and Goldson to play at pro bowl levels.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best thing for the Bucs is that one of their QBs play like a top QB, doesn’t matter which one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Booger knows of what he speaks. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously having the QB of the future on the roster is the best answer. It means that we aren’t drawing at the lottery, we can use that pick on another player and so forth. The problem is this staff doesn't think he is as good as Josh Flippin' McCown so that isn't high praise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best thing for the Bucs is that one of their QBs play like a top QB, doesn't matter which one.

But can either?Glennon is way too naturally conservative, and mccown hasn't been great outside of last season. I don't trust either qb to do anything "great."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best thing for the Bucs is that one of their QBs play like a top QB, doesn't matter which one.

But can either?Glennon is way too naturally conservative, and mccown hasn't been great outside of last season. I don't trust either qb to do anything "great."

Glennon was rookie.  Why don't people get that??  How could anyone who didn't have an agenda, complain about Glennon's ability to come into a shit storm and perform admirably.  Are his best days behind him?? There are some of the least football savy fans in the league on this board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you think Manning's football brain is a great thing? Can you explain why you think JFF is so great then?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably not, but thats not the subject at hand.  The point is that the best case scenario is to cross QB off the shopping list for the next 6-8 years with a guy already on the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This premise makes sense.The logic saves us draft picksThe likelyhood is less than 25%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst case Scenario. We waste the 7th overall on a QB and Glennon still wins the job , lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it’s a wash, if both QB are even after camp and preseason, you play Glennon. Period. If we roll with McCown after hearing all the DJ’s and writers at camp talk about Glennon and McCown being equals I will flip my lid. I’m already down on Lovie, and a move like that would cement my feelings.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You saw that post that showed very clearly that Glennon threw the ball farther, actual yardage the ball was in the air, than all but a few QBs. You must not have seen that because if you did, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying unless you're a troll.So tell me more about how you think Glennon is too conservative but actual much more aggressive than most. Also, tell me more about Peyton Mannings  brain being important but you still wanting John Manziel to be our QB. JFF is a lot of things, a great football mind is NOT one of them. Seems like your a walking contradiction. Please correct me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would certainly be encouraging if he wins the job outright. I don’t know, I went back and watched a few games from last year and I just don’t see it. Hopefully it was just a matter of a poor scheme and poor talent around him but I still don’t see anything special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon was rookie.  Why don't people get that??  How could anyone who didn't have an agenda, complain about Glennon's ability to come into a **CENSORED** storm and perform admirably.  Are his best days behind him?? There are some of the least football savy fans in the league on this board.

Fans are stupid and not at all, I mean not one bit, objective. People hated the pick and hated Mike and was written off after his first game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously having the QB of the future on the roster is the best answer. It means that we aren't drawing at the lottery, we can use that pick on another player and so forth. The problem is this staff doesn't think he is as good as Josh Flippin' McCown so that isn't high praise.

Well I see it differently. I think the staff is open to Glennon beating McCown out. They just wanted insurance in case Glennon doesn't beat him out. Only way to get McCown here was to name him starter strait out the gates. You don't want to just hand over starting job to a rookie. You bring in competition. Like they should have with Freeman. Plus if your starter goes down or sucks. How much better is it to have a veteran on the team to take the starting job? I think the Bucs took extreme precaution with the qb position this year and may continue to do so by picking a qb at 7. Lovie lost his job by the offense being terrible like Dungy. These guys aren't dumb. He had a whole year to think about this. If he hasn't learned from his mistakes in Chicago he is bound to fail like he did in Chicago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Lovie lost his job by the offense being terrible like Dungy. These guys aren’t dumb. He had a whole year to think about this.”Six years of no playoffs and one of the worst offenses in the league, but he didn't learn a damn thing until after he was fired? I realize that you're actually trying to make excuses for him, but instead you make him sound like an idiot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think people are having trouble seperating Glennon from Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s what the hate is all about , Stagger , at its core. They associate him with the Schiano regime.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.