Viewing 67 reply threads

• Author

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

1. HOU – Blake Bortles2. STL – Jadeveon Clowney3. JAX – Johnny Manziel4. CLE – Sammy Watkins5. OAK – Greg Robinson6. ATL – Jake Matthews7. TB – Odell Beckham Jr.8. MIN – Anthony Barr9. BUF – Khalil Mack10.DET – Justin GilbertBut remember who suggested this 1st.  My theory is gaining steam. Speed in space !! :Phttp://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/audio-booger-and-richs-mock-draft/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way Lovie passes on Mack and Barr for OBJ. No Fucking Way!We have a need for wr yes but we also have a need for olb and de and Mack and Barr are better value at #7 than OBJ. Hell Evans is better value at #7 than OBJ. We have "speed in space" with Demps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never would have guessed there two people this stupid, but Booger and the ‘lil slugger proved me wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Generally booger is a smart guy. On this topic however, a swing and miss though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never would have guessed there two people this stupid, but Booger and the 'lil slugger proved me wrong.

U mad , Bruh  ?? I would be too if I looked like this :248769_108706132554101_2527885_n.jpghttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=108706132554101&set=a.108697925888255.17316.100002441456311&type=1&source=11Bwahahahahahaha !!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think OBJ has the highest bust potential among the WR’s I’m seeing with 1st and high 2nd grades.  Don’t hate him, but obviously don’t love him.  Were he around at 38 I’d be game.  7?  OMG no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think OBJ has the highest bust potential among the WR's I'm seeing with 1st and high 2nd grades.  Don't hate him, but obviously don't love him.  Were he around at 38 I'd be game.  7?  OMG no.

Highest bust potential based on what ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ would be acceptable at around 15.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think OBJ has the highest bust potential among the WR's I'm seeing with 1st and high 2nd grades.  Don't hate him, but obviously don't love him.  Were he around at 38 I'd be game.  7?  OMG no.

Lacks any kind of physicality.  Short and slender build.  Lacks elite top end speed.  Was not asked to make tough catches or run tough routes.  Pretty much all the gritty stuff went to Landry.  He runs routes pretty well, he's certainly fluid.  I think he has good hands, but not elite (again his teammate ranks higher there for me).  I like Cooks more.  I like Jordan Mathews more.  So I definitely wouldn't want to take my 5th (at best) receiver off the board at #7 overall.  Honestly the part of his game I like the most is his returning.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why not take Donald instead of reaching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lacks elite top end speed. 

Wow....Congrats on totally discrediting yourself . LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because a NT top 7 is a bigger reach.

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

I really like OBJ more every time I watch him. He’s big enough, fast enough to break away, catches the ball with his hands, runs in and out of routes better than watkins or evans for sure. I liike him a lot…7 is a reach..trade down…to 10 let lions take evans, take obj pick up a third and grab landry there..with the the other 2 picks go OL, and OL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we go that route, I’d rather trade down and take Cooks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are picks that would be worse like taking Mosley or Lewan….but no way we pass on Evans and Mack in favor of OBJ.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ’s measurables are pretty much identical to Sammy , and both play a similiar game on the field  with only slight differences : Sammy is a little more physical , but Odell is shiftier and has the added dimension of dynamic kick returner.However , everyone assumes Sammy is a legit top 4 pick and Odell is in the 15 range. Why ?? For no other reason then that is what most mocks have been telling them. Bottom line is this would be a great pick for us and only a reach in people's minds. The production on the field would be similiar.Would I rather trade down and get him ? Of course . But there may not be willing partners. If he's our best fit we should get him and not worry about these preconceived generic rankings.We need speed....most of all we need someone who can get YAC . We were dead last in YAC. Odell provides YAC .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reaching? If you want a player, you take him....regardless of what Kiper's board says.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lacks elite top end speed. 

Wow....Congrats on totally discrediting yourself . LOL

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#year=2014&workout=FORTY_YARD_DASH&position=WRClock don't lie.  In pads Cooks is faster.  Cooks was used in a much more diverse set of plays and routes.  I do think Odell runs good routes, I think Cooks runs great routes.  If I want a fast-twitch small receiver, I'm going Brandin Cooks all day.  Before you get too butt hurt DJ, I said I'd have Beckham in play at 38.  It's not like I think he's garbage.  I think he has a higher bust potential because people are talking about him around a full round higher then I have him graded.  I think he had a lot of things going for him at LSU that put him in a better position to shine then some of the other guys we're talking about.  A very good quarterback.  A power run game that was the focus of opponents defenses.  An excellent underneath receiver that did all the dirty work for their offense in the passing game.  When I watch the full OBJ vs youtube videos he disappears for big chunks of games.  That's not what I want at #7. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ's measurables are pretty much identical to Sammy , and both play a similiar game on the field  with only slight differences : Sammy is a little more physical , but Odell is shiftier and has the added dimension of dynamic kick returner.However , everyone assumes Sammy is a legit top 4 pick and Odell is in the 15 range. Why ?? For no other reason then that is what most mocks have been telling them. Bottom line is this would be a great pick for us and only a reach in people's minds. The production on the field would be similiar.Would I rather trade down and get him ? Of course . But there may not be willing partners. If he's our best fit we should get him and not worry about these preconceived generic rankings.We need speed....most of all we need someone who can get YAC . We were dead last in YAC. Odell provides YAC .

Sammy is a little more physical?  LMAO.  Show me OBJ going up with coverage and coming down with contested footballs.  Show me him running over defenders to break away.  I'm not saying I've watched hours of OBJ, but in the 30 minutes of vs. stuff on youtube I don't see any of that.  I see him burning 1 on 1 coverage and making wide open catches.  A few of which are very athletic plays on the football, but never with a man right on him.  Not that burning people and getting open is in any way bad, it's just that he's not doing it all that often.  You can put together a nice 5 minute highlight video of him, but half of it's going to be returns.  When you watch LSU, you see the running game and Jarvis Landry moving the LSU offense.  I don't think OBJ has Desean Jackson/ Mike Wallace "take the top off" NFL potential because he DOES NOT have that type of speed.  He is quicker then he is fast.  Great for getting you open quick in the NFL, but he hasn't demonstrated the tough catch mentality that quick open routes require at this level.  OBJ is a very good returner.  One of the best in this class (I'd put him behind Dri, not sure who else)?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clock don't lie.  .

Exactly ... and the clocks say Odell has top end speed . Combine times:4.40 , 4.31

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clock don't lie.  .

Exactly ... and the clocks say Odell has top end speed . Combine times:4.40 , 4.31

lol no

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve said that OBJ is the best WR for the Bucs midway through the college season so yeah I would support that pick. I actually have both Evans and OBJ ranked higher than Watkins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just because Cooks is faster, that doesn’t mean other WRs cannot have top end speed as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ's measurables are pretty much identical to Sammy , and both play a similiar game on the field  with only slight differences : Sammy is a little more physical , but Odell is shiftier and has the added dimension of dynamic kick returner.However , everyone assumes Sammy is a legit top 4 pick and Odell is in the 15 range. Why ?? For no other reason then that is what most mocks have been telling them. Bottom line is this would be a great pick for us and only a reach in people's minds. The production on the field would be similiar.Would I rather trade down and get him ? Of course . But there may not be willing partners. If he's our best fit we should get him and not worry about these preconceived generic rankings.We need speed....most of all we need someone who can get YAC . We were dead last in YAC. Odell provides YAC .

Sammy is a little more physical?  LMAO.  Show me OBJ going up with coverage and coming down with contested footballs. 

odell22.gifAnything else I can help you with , bro ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agreed trade back to this area and grab beckham or cooks and gain a pick or two as well as value instead of reaching

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agreed trade back to this area and grab beckham or cooks and gain a pick or two as well as value instead of reaching

But how do suppose they trade back? Asking politely? I mean its not as easy as some people make it sound. If they wanted to trade back and draft beckham but can't find a trade partner does that mean they can't draft him at 7?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact is if Mel kipper or someone else had beckham as a top 10 pick then nobody would consider it a reach. If Watkins played for auburn then everyone would be thinking he is a major reach as a top 5 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Somebody needs some sun!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But how do suppose they trade back? Asking politely? I mean its not as easy as some people make it sound. If they wanted to trade back and draft beckham but can't find a trade partner does that mean they can't draft him at 7?

That's what I'm saying . It's 8 picks difference . If he's our best fit and no one wants to trade , pull the trigger on him anyway. Dude is a baller and a playmaker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just because Cooks is faster, that doesn't mean other WRs cannot have top end speed as well.

I agree that other receivers have elite top end speed.  Odell Beckham Jr is just not one of them.  He is not going to make NFL defenses fear his break away deep speed, because his speed is simply above average for his position.  Probably just around average for players at his position with his frame.  He is fast like Sammy Watkins is fast.  Guys with his physical gifts need to be tough football players in the NFL.  He is going to get hit.  I have not seen a toughness to his game that leads me to believe he can excel as a Wes Welker slot type.  I don't think he's going to be an outside receiver in the NFL. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Somebody needs some sun!

Lolz !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id rather pick MIke Evans there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sammy is a little more physical?  LMAO.  Show me OBJ going up with coverage and coming down with contested footballs. 

odell22.gifAnything else I can help you with , bro ?

I can post the full game vs tapes from youtube or you can go watch them yourself.  I can find a play that Aaron Donald makes from the end position, I saw a couple.  My opinion is he didn't do that consistently when watching videos.  Similarly, you can post a single catch from OBJ's 140 something in college which is contested.  We could post dozens for Sammy Watkins. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwKdJUVrno

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope Manziel is there and someone wants his ass bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id fine with picking him in round 1. But someone would be willing to trade up for Mike Evans there and we still could likely get OBJ with that pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact is if Mel kipper or someone else had beckham as a top 10 pick then nobody would consider it a reach. If Watkins played for auburn then everyone would be thinking he is a major reach as a top 5 pick.

I like your posts, but this makes no sense.  Why in the world would you think Watkins would be degraded as a prospect if he played for Auburn?  That he would have had less targets?  Also, I do absolutely use draft evaluations to narrow down who to look at (not Kipper honestly).  Like you and many others here though, my opinion is formed from watching videos on the internet mostly (well, and live games during the season).I would absolutely consider it a huge reach to put him in the top 10.  His production was good but not elite.  His frame is small.  He is a good but not great athlete with good but not great speed and good but not great hands.  There is nothing about his measureables or film that says elite NFL receiver imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just because Cooks is faster, that doesn't mean other WRs cannot have top end speed as well.

I agree that other receivers have elite top end speed.  Odell Beckham Jr is just not one of them.  He is not going to make NFL defenses fear his break away deep speed, because his speed is simply above average for his position.  Probably just around average for players at his position with his frame.  He is fast like Sammy Watkins is fast.  Guys with his physical gifts need to be tough football players in the NFL.  He is going to get hit.  I have not seen a toughness to his game that leads me to believe he can excel as a Wes Welker slot type.  I don't think he's going to be an outside receiver in the NFL.

I don't think it matters in today's game where he lines ups as a receiver. If Wes welker  turned 23 again and entered the draft I'd imagine he'd easily be a top 10 pick. Beckham can be a slot type who provides the QB with a clean early look. He can line up on the outside and go deep. Despite what you've been saying, low 4.4 speed and the speed beckham has shown this year at LSU is plenty fast enough for deep go routes. He can line up on the outside and take screens or quick slants and make multiple people miss and gain yards after the catch (tedfords style). He has the vertical and hand size to go up and catch the ball in the redzone. And he is a dangerous special teams player. The most complete WR in the draft in terms of what the Bucs need.Yeah Watkins is more physical but that is the one trait that would actually weaken once he gets to the NFL. Lowering his shoulders in the ACC is going to produce way different results than lowering your shoulders as a 210 lb WR in the NFL. Not trying to take that aspect away from him but let's be honest, it doesn't transfer to the NFL as much as breaking people's ankles like your Derrick rose playing in the NFL which is more beckham's game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucman I’m all for that if we can make it happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwKdJUVrno

You can put together a nice 5 minute highlight video of him, but half of it's going to be returns. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny because return man is something we need also , and something Lovie has said he covets.  lol.Thanks for strengthening the case.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like your posts, but this makes no sense.  Why in the world would you think Watkins would be degraded as a prospect if he played for Auburn?  That he would have had less targets? 

Yea precisely that. He'd have less targets. Clemson was a very WR friendly offense and he came out of high school with the same athleticism he has now. It's no coincidence that both beckham and mettenberger  had majorly improved years the same year the got a pro offensive coordinator.  People raved about the rare athletism of Watkins and they swore he was a rare explosive player. I may have been the only one in the country to say he will not break 4.4 in the fourty. It's well documented in the archives on this board. the combine proves he not a rare specimen since the same draft class had people he out performed him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think it matters in today's game where he lines ups as a receiver. If Wes welker  turned 23 again and entered the draft I'd imagine he'd easily be a top 10 pick. Beckham can be a slot type who provides the QB with a clean early look. He can line up on the outside and go deep. Despite what you've been saying, low 4.4 speed and the speed beckham has shown this year at LSU is plenty fast enough for deep go routes. He can line up on the outside and take screens or quick slants and make multiple people miss and gain yards after the catch (tedfords style). He has the vertical and hand size to go up and catch the ball in the redzone. And he is a dangerous special teams player. The most complete WR in the draft in terms of what the Bucs need.Yeah Watkins is more physical but that is the one trait that would actually weaken once he gets to the NFL. Lowering his shoulders in the ACC is going to produce way different results than lowering your shoulders as a 210 lb WR in the NFL. Not trying to take that aspect away from him but let's be honest, it doesn't transfer to the NFL as much as breaking people's ankles like your Derrick rose playing in the NFL which is more beckham's game.

I respect your opinion.  I know you've been high on him.  Honestly, that's one of the reasons I looked into him more closely as a prospect and developed the opinion that I liked what I saw from Brandin Cooks in a similar package significantly more.  I don't see the Wes Welker toughness in Beckham's game at all.  If Odell had Landry's film I'd be all for it.  He's not that.  I saw a Wallace/Jackson type receiver without their elite top end speed.  I don't see him being a redzone target.  I didn't see it at LSU.  I have a hard time projecting him in that role.  I do agree he would be a definite asset in the return game.  He'd instantly be our returner and certainly an above average one league wide (imo).  I'm not talking specifically about Watkins trucking guys, it's his overall physicality.  The ability to hand fight with defenders and take body.  To get off a bump when physical corners press the line on him.  To go over the middle and make catches or go up in the redzone over defenders.  Beckham is 5'11 (with good arm length for a player that size) and a 38 inch vertical.  He is not going up over people in the endzone to make catches. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of people were claiming the same crap about Steve Smith when he came out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I respect your opinion.  I know you've been high on him.  Honestly, that's one of the reasons I looked into him more closely as a prospect and developed the opinion that I liked what I saw from Brandin Cooks in a similar package significantly more.  I don't see the Wes Welker toughness in Beckham's game at all.  If Odell had Landry's film I'd be all for it.  He's not that.  I saw a Wallace/Jackson type receiver without their elite top end speed.  I don't see him being a redzone target.  I didn't see it at LSU.  I have a hard time projecting him in that role.  I do agree he would be a definite asset in the return game.  He'd instantly be our returner and certainly an above average one league wide (imo).  I'm not talking specifically about Watkins trucking guys, it's his overall physicality.  The ability to hand fight with defenders and take body.  To get off a bump when physical corners press the line on him.  To go over the middle and make catches or go up in the redzone over defenders.  Beckham is 5'11 (with good arm length for a player that size) and a 38 inch vertical.  He is not going up over people in the endzone to make catches.

38 inch and vert with long arms too. I understand you not thinking he can catch over corners on jump balls, I think he can because I think he's going to be the better athlete. I also understand your concerns on him but I'm betting on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny because return man is something we need also , and something Lovie has said he covets.  lol.Thanks for strengthening the case.

In a league that is pushing to end the kick return.  You think that strengthens a case to select a player in the top 10 picks of a draft?  How many teams use their primary offensive weapons as returners?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of people were claiming the same crap about Steve Smith when he came out.

There is no Steve Smith in Odell Beckham Jr's game.  None.  I hate that little bastard but he fights you like a pitbull. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m betting on him too. The kid can play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Punt returns also. It doesn’t have to be every punt either. Lots of teams have a key player who is also a kick returner and they only insert him at key points in the game . Like the eagles did for example with DeSean Jackson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. HOU – Blake Bortles2. STL – Jadeveon Clowney3. JAX – Johnny Manziel4. CLE – Sammy Watkins5. OAK – Greg Robinson6. ATL – Jake Matthews7. TB – Odell Beckham Jr.8. MIN – Anthony Barr9. BUF – Khalil Mack10.DET – Justin GilbertBut remember who suggested this 1st.  My theory is gaining steam. Speed in space !! :Phttp://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/audio-booger-and-richs-mock-draft/

This is not my mock....I like OBJ more than most, but no way I would take him over Mack or Evans.I would have no problem with a trade down that would land OBJ, Ebron, or Cooks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watkins to the Rams should be a lock but every mock I see has them passing

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

they did a 1st rd mock on ESPN2 tonite and Watkins went to the Rams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please no LSU WR at #7!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speed in space in the second and/or third rounds…offensive or defensive QB in the first

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh GOD please no! Not another LSU bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lacks any kind of physicality.  Short and slender build.  Lacks elite top end speed.  Was not asked to make tough catches or run tough routes.

I read this and I wonder which Beckham you watched?All you got somewhat right was the short part, but then contradict yourself by saying you like Cooks better who is 2 inches and 20 pounds smaller.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lacks any kind of physicality.  Short and slender build.  Lacks elite top end speed.  Was not asked to make tough catches or run tough routes.

I read this and I wonder which Beckham you watched?All you got somewhat right was the short part, but then contradict yourself by saying you like Cooks better who is 2 inches and 20 pounds smaller.

I think he is making it up as he goes along , lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mack at #9? WTH? He’ll be gone in the top 5 without a doubt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mack at #9? WTH? He'll be gone in the top 5 without a doubt.

Not necessarily . I could see the top 5 going realistically about how this one has it .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4 pages and nobody calling OBJ a midget?  GoldsonAges is slacking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think OBJ’s problem is I’m not sure he has it, I’ve not seen him really ball.  Also I have questions about his ability to be the face of a local automobile franchise. I think he has skinny knees as well. No way we want that dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be curious as to why we passed on some others but I wouldn’t be upset. I like OBJ. He reminds me of a lighter and faster Percy Harvin type wr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Cooks better between the small receivers.  Not because of physicality (though I have seen Brandin make more contested catches).  Because Cooks has the elite Jackson/Wallace deep speed that Odell lacks.  My opinion Is If you are a receiver of Odell's stature you either need to have elite speed or a real toughness about your game to be a high impact NFL receiver.  I see neither In Odell. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Cooks better between the small receivers.  Not because of physicality (though I have seen Brandin make more contested catches).  Because Cooks has the elite Jackson/Wallace deep speed that Odell lacks.  My opinion Is If you are a receiver of Odell's stature you either need to have elite speed or a real toughness about your game to be a high impact NFL receiver.  I see neither In Odell.

I hate to the person who brings up an exception to make a point, but you dont see him having a Victor Cruz impact? I value separation moves an awareness more than anything for a receiver right now because its what Ive been wanting to see the Bucs have for years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could he?  Absolutely.  I simply like others more for the reasons I have stated.  I think he is a #2 receiver, and that is most likely his top end potential.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

If im gonna be a fanboy of any WR at 7, make mine Cooks, very easy choice, but realistically thinking they gonna draft one of these guys here, GTFO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d take Mack or Lewan there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have not been a fan of OBJ from the start, but the more I read about his speed, the more I like…but the damn drops scare me….A LOT…I think at 7 you take Lewan if Watkins, Matthews, and Robinson are all goneHere is a pretty good breakdown on the "top" receivers in the draft: http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/first-round-wide-receivers-101/

If you want: Elite speed and fluidity, great “boundary” receiving chops, excellent return skill.And you are willing to cope with: Dropped passes, rudimentary between-the-numbers receiving ability.You should draft: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (5-foot-11, 198 pounds, 4.43 forty).Beckham should be the first choice for any team looking to build its own Mike Wallace or Desean Jackson, with all the speed and none of the baggage. Beckham has wheels, and he knows how to use them to set up defenders for comeback routes or create space with double moves. Beckham’s hands are a work in progress and he should not be the first choice to run a 12-yard crossing route between two safeties on 3rd-and-11, but he has skills that cannot be coached.Russ Lande’s Take: No NFL team will be drafting Beckham because he is the most polished receiver or never drops a pass, but his ability to consistently change games with the ball in his hands is why I expect him to be a first round pick. Although he will drop an occasional pass that he should easily grab, he does not do it often and makes highlight reel catches seem routine.What makes me, along with many scouts, get most excited about Beckham is his ability to tuck the ball away, explode up the field after the catch, and make dynamic plays when he has space to work with. Naturally instinctive running with the ball, Beckham follows blockers well, explodes through creases, has the wiggle to make tacklers miss and has the speed to out-run defenders who have the angle on him. As with most receivers, he will likely have an up-and-down rookie season as a receiver, but he will make some big plays as both a receiver and returner, which is what makes him so enticing.If you want: Excellent size, the ability to reach for bad passes and catch in a crowd, great instincts for helping a scrambling quarterback.And you are willing to cope with: Temperamental behavior, a route tree like a cellphone tower, field speed that’s a hair below his track speed.You should draft: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (6-foot-5, 231 pounds, 4.53 forty).Life with Johnny Manziel taught Evans a few things about getting open after a play breaks down and clutching for “I can’t believe he tried to throw that” passes. Evans’ emotions get the best of him at times, and he is no nifty route runner, but he makes an ideal big-play threat for any team whose young quarterback’s mind is still catching up to his arm and legs.Russ Lande’s Take: In the first few games evaluating Evans and Manziel, I had concerns about whether Evans’ lack of elite burst and speed would keep him from maintaining his level of production in the NFL. However, after watching his Calvin Johnson-type performance against Auburn (11 catches for 287 yards and 4 touchdowns), I have no doubt that Evans will be a highly productive receiver at the next level.Will he be able to get separation from the top cornerbacks? Not consistently, in my opinion. But what people often don’t differentiate is a receiver’s size from how he uses it. Evans does an excellent job of using his body to shield and hands and strength to create a little space. He has rare skills to make catches with a defender draped all over him. I do not expect him to produce as many long plays as he did in college, or as Calvin Johnson does, because Evans lacks that elite speed. But he will catch a ton of passes and should be one of the best red zone receivers in the NFL from day one.

Please wait…

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.