Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

will be a good draft for the Bucs.  Failure to draft a QB from this list spells dooooooooooooooom for our beloved franchise.But Glennon stays in that scenario if the Bucs don't draft a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, Manziel if he is there at 7, wouldn’t trade up for him.  Otherwise take either Carr or Garopollo with the 2nd pick.  I think 1 if not both will be there at pick 38. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for your thought out and researched analysis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

will be a good draft for the Bucs.  Failure to draft a QB from this list spells dooooooooooooooom for our beloved franchise.But Glennon stays in that scenario if the Bucs don't draft a QB.

I think Manziel is the least safest pick. I disagree that failure to draft a QB this year is doom for the Bucs though. They can build this team up nice and establish the defense and the offensive system. Josh McCown is here to give us slack time and insurance until we find the QB for the future and im not sure why everyone thinks it has to be this year. This years draft class is very weak compared to next years draft class. There are 4 guys that we know of right now that may be better prospects than everyone except Bridgewater next year and the college season is still many months away. That means there may very well be 6 QBs will 1st round grades next year. We wont need a top 10 pick to get a QB that will a better prospect than the guys we're all talking about right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, Manziel if he is there at 7, wouldn't trade up for him.  Otherwise take either Carr or Garopollo with the 2nd pick.  I think 1 if not both will be there at pick 38.

This is part of my point actually. A lot of people are ok with taking a QB with the 2nd pick, but almost nobody is ok with waiting on a QB till next year which is something I dont understand.The way I see it is you either still have that top tier grade on Bridgewater that everyone had at the end of the season, and we draft him, or we build up the Line, WR, and some defense roll with McCown and Glennon this year, and target a QB next year if need be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Manziel is the least safest pick. I disagree that failure to draft a QB this year is doom for the Bucs though. They can build this team up nice and establish the defense and the offensive system. Josh McCown is here to give us slack time and insurance until we find the QB for the future and im not sure why everyone thinks it has to be this year. This years draft class is very weak compared to next years draft class. There are 4 guys that we know of right now that may be better prospects than everyone except Bridgewater next year and the college season is still many months away. That means there may very well be 6 QBs will 1st round grades next year. We wont need a top 10 pick to get a QB that will a better prospect than the guys we're all talking about right now.

Next years guys will be as bad as this year's guys. Frankly the overhype of Mariotta was pretty strong but Hundley is basically Freeman again. People vastly overrated Jameis who has a lot of issues more than crab apparently.  I don't think once the nitpicking begins next year will look a lot better than this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO I’d add Murray & McCarron. But also wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Garrett Gilbert as a udfa

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next years guys will be as bad as this year's guys. Frankly the overhype of Mariotta was pretty strong but Hundley is basically Freeman again. People vastly overrated Jameis who has a lot of issues more than crab apparently.  I don't think once the nitpicking begins next year will look a lot better than this year.

I mean you can feel that way about those players but youd be wrong. I wasnt a huge fan of hundley because I didnt think he was ready to come out and he didnt, but he is way better of a QB than Freeman was coming out of college. Hundley has average 67% for his completion % which is well above what Freeman was doing in college. In fact Freeman had only one season in college where he had above 60% completions and his TD-int was a lousy 18-11 that year. Mariotta was not hype he is the best prospect to date of this new revolutionary QBs who have elite mobility and very strong passing game and accuracy.  Jameis is a fantastic player on the field and there is no denying that. Petty is decent, no superstar, but neither are Bortles, Carr, or Garoppolo. And all these guys have a whole new season to get even better.http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brett-hundley-1.htmlhttp://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-freeman-1.htmlEDIT: there is only one reason Freeman was a high prospect and that was his TD-int rating in his senior year which included the massive amount of rushing TDs he had. People thought that he was clearly a dual threat QB. take away the thought of him being a mobile rushing threat (because we know he is not that) and you would have been left with a mid to late round prospect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

for the record, dalbuc, i feel bad that I said “you’d be wrong”  but thats just how I am. I can be an a-hole, dont take it personally

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given the #s in this draft at QBs, it's pretty astounding how horrible it is.  This is not a wait and see class, this is a, man, how could all of these guys suck so bad class.  There isn't a star among 'em.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy that could be the best QB coming out next year is Mannion.  Spending all that time with Riley should help prepare him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have to draft one of these guys, and I believe this fo knows it.Imo.1. Manziel.2. Bortles.3. Carr.4. Bridgewater.Any one of these guys I would be ok with, because it would be an improvement and an investment. Although, manziel should be the prize for us, these other qb's aren't too shabby either.But once I get to carr on my list, I start to think it would be better off drafting evans, more defense, or trade down.At seven, we can't really miss. Everything in between is foolish bickering.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You hot the first three right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pepsi:  I agree with you.  It seems the Bucs would be better served to focus on needs especially at OL and WR and leave the QB to another year.It is possible that one of the 4 QB's (Bortles, Carr, Manziel, or Bridgewater)  could become a top 10 QB in time, but it is so hard to know right now which one and if the Bucs draft a QB who doesn't work out, it sets the franchise back.Plug up the glaring holes, make the team strong on both lines, and maybe in the future, the Bucs could get by and do well with a QB like Wilson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saying the all will amount to nothing is easy to say and puff your chest out because you would be right every draft.  Brady, Brees, and Rodgers were not considered elite and many after who were considered elite that will never come close to their careers.  Who is that guy?  I think it  will be Bortles.  The guy has the physical and mental tools and is strong when pressure is in his face. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater or Bortles but only if they are truly BPA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel or bortles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they are sold on a QB with the 1st pick, I’ll support it. If it’s Carr, I’ll just need to drink a little more Makers.

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.