Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bowers’ health at the center of attention again by Gil Arcia June 26, 2014bowers_zps09b49c75.png  Buccaneers’ defensive end Da’Quan Bowers has yet to live up to the promise and expectation that he came into the league with. Now on his third coaching staff, Bowers faces some of the same adversity he’s had since entering the league. Defensive line coach Joe Cullen earlier this month talked about how the former Clemson star would have to get into playing shape. We now know why he made those comments.On WXBT-AM in South Carolina, Bowers revealed he has been rehabbing his knee in which he had surgery on in December. Bowers added he has been working with the staff all offseason on preparing for the season, but does say he is not ready to go.“I’m definitely not 100 percent. But by the time fall camp comes I’ll be close to it,” Bowers said. “I’ve worked extensively with the training staff and I’ve practiced every day. I haven’t missed a practice, minicamp or OTAs. I’ve practiced every practice. I’ve gotten better each and every day. That’s something to build on. Just continue to get healthy and become a better player.”Head coach Lovie Smith called Bowers a “good football player” back in April. However, he also added that he needed to “prove it right now.” And not being 100 percent has set him back from proving anything to Smith.His future with the Buccaneers is clearly up in the air. Training camp may be Bowers’ final opportunity.The full audio of his interview, courtesy of WXBT-AM, is posted below. Bowers comes on around the 22-minute mark.link

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont care. Put up or shut up. If he’s out of shape for training camp, cut him on the spot.

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

• Anonymous

Inactive

this could be an article from any of the past 2 seasons…broken record. Perform or move on, no more wasting a roster spot.

• brycen54

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

i hope he pans out. i really like this kid

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's to really like??Surely not his play on the field. Can't be his offseason work ethic. I'm lost.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is Bowers’ health still a discussion? He’s a certified bum. His game is PG = Pure Garbage. These goon reporters need to stop discussing his health, it just lends credence towards giving him more undeserved opportunities. Is Luke Stocker's health a topic of discussion anymore?  No!!!! Stockers always hurt too, but the fact is hes a bum and we know hes a bum so nobody mentions his health as being a hindrance towards reaching his potential

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is almost as bad the Michael Clayton comeback stories.This cat is done.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's to really like??Surely not his play on the field. Can't be his offseason work ethic. I'm lost.

You can't get into football shape if your sitting in the tub. And frankly, even if he was 100% healthy, he still may not be that good. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

may not??no, bowers IS NOT good. like i said, people are giving this turd too much credit because of "injuries". injuries havent held his career down, his ability has

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no reason to believe the guy will ever improve and it doesn’t seem like he has a lot of desire to. If he did he’d actually show up to minicamp/training camp in shape. Dude was given a job that he didn’t earn last year and ended up losing it to the worst starting DE in the nfl.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had high hopes for DTN but he simply overachieved and came back to earth as a below average joe.  Bowers hasn’t even played at an average level yet which is sad.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah it’s very sad that DTN outplayed Bowers. Oh well, I don’t think he’ll be on the roster this year so it’ll probably be a moot point.

• Anonymous

Inactive

you beat me to it....maybe he/she thinks he's cute? Surely it's not anything he's displayed between the white lines.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate, I always regard you as a wise man. You prove me right again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers looked his best during TC drills in his rookie season, and some flashes during that season and thats about it. Either he is one of the top 4 DEs on the team or he gets cut this year. thats the way it should be.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Injuries have ruined his career. To the complete idiot’s that say he didn’t have the ability pre-injury are dolts.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was in full support of the Bowers selection however like a bad marriage, there comes a time when cutting the cord is the best for all parties involved.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gimpy cheeseburger.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we end the Bowers experiment already?

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would be ok if he was a rookie. This dude is going into year 4, I think "panning out" is in his rear view mirror. It was just a really bad gamble to draft him. He had Clowney type hype at one point.  He was in the running to be the #1 pick in the draft. But medical issues scared off most teams by the time the draft rolled around. Dom gambled on him and it didn't work out. I think its time to cut him loose.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have Lovie meet him in the parking lot. If he’s not looking like The Rock when he gets out of his car first day of training camp, then send him home. This dude has been injured or out of shape since day 1.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, bye.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Injury prone bust that is going to be cut if he doesn’t get it together in a matter of weeks. Sucks we picked him and Clayborn when Cam Jordan was there but Dom said no.you expect this guy to be at 200% for the little he has done for us over the years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Injuries have ruined his career. To the complete idiot's that say he didn't have the ability pre-injury are dolts.

The problem is the is no such thing as "pre-injury" when it comes to his NFL career and that is what matters when it comes to the Bucs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

quick, someone get an echo of his heart. Smells like Gaines Adams all over again. Maybe this will teach the NFL. NEVER draft a Clemson DE, Florida and LSU WR.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another gift from Mark Dominik.MARK YOU STILL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers was basically Clowney before they discovered the knee issue. It sucks for him. Kid was an all world talent who has bad limbs. Don’t know why this board always feels the need to pile on him. If he doesn’t make an impact in pre-season, he’s gone. His body can’t hold up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Loved the pick when it happened.Have no use for the guy any longer.  He isn't even good depth.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can you imagine working in corporate America? They hire you on your college resume with a big sign on bonus, nice base, bonus, car, etc. For four years you are always sick, disabled, and when you do come to work, you are hung over and too tired to work. It ain’t happening in the real world and certainly not in the NFL. AMF!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can you imagine working in corporate America? They hire you on your college resume with a big sign on bonus, nice base, bonus, car, etc. For four years you are always sick, disabled, and when you do come to work, you are hung over and too tired to work. It ain't happening in the real world and certainly not in the NFL. AMF!

Its even worse than that. If he had a spotless college resume, then bombed in the NFL, you can say oh well, it happens. But every team knew he was damaged goods BEFORE the draft.  And he was passed over 50 times in the draft. Terrible pick.  If a team decided to roll the dice on him, it should of been in the 6th-7th round. Not burning a 2nd on him.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.