Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 59 reply threads

• Author

• tbjl24

Participant

NFL grew a backbone…..who knew?http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/roger-goodell-upholds-tom-bradys-four-game-suspension-2/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If hackers can get nudes of Kate Upton, couldn’t someone be able to recover those texts ?  Just sayin

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If hackers can get nudes of Kate Upton, couldn't someone be able to recover those texts ?  Just sayin

Yea it shouldn't be that hard. Couldn't a transcript be ordered from the phone service provider?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am glad. And I have no doubt that it will be upheld if Federal Court should Brady try to vacate the decision.  Vacating an arbitration award is almost impossible to do, and while there have been rumblings that they would argue that Goodell is biased, that to me is a big loser argument because they agreed in the CBA for him to preside over appeals.  I think the threats of a lawsuit was just to try and force a settlement that involved a reduced suspension. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://t.co/4fCpJL3glp...and Kate is amazing !I think this will get ugly, tho'...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suspend that cheater for more games for acting childish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If hackers can get nudes of Kate Upton, couldn't someone be able to recover those texts ?  Just sayin

Yea it shouldn't be that hard. Couldn't a transcript be ordered from the phone service provider?

It's very possible but the NFL wouldn't have the authority to do that.  This has so far been an internal matter.  I'd guess that it would take a government agency to get those transcripts if Brady doesn't want them released.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

What goes to The Cloud stays on The Cloud. :)I've been trying to delete some old ex-GF photos since 2010. (No nudes, just ex-GF), Everytime I think they're successfully gone from all devices, they show up again. Ugh. :)While texts are a somewhat different issue, I'm sure they are still floating out there somewhere.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

NFL grew a backbone.....who knew?http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/roger-goodell-upholds-tom-bradys-four-game-suspension-2/

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So I popped over to one of the NE message boards and most of their fans are celebrating this as a win……I assume they expect this to go to court next and the suspension will be on hold pending a result? They are still spouting 'scientific evidence' that the balls weren't deflated. I don't know....seems rather delusional to me. That fanbase is brainwashed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jim Trotter ?@JimTrotter_NFL 23m23 minutes agoTom Brady has authorized the NFLPA to appeal his case in federal court, per source.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly don’t even feel like this is all that bad of a thing for the Pats.  They get just enough games to see what Garappolo is worth and a healthy Brady back for the stretch run.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He destroyed his phone while requests for his texts were outstanding and didn’t disclose that he destroyed it for months …lmao. Is anyone still defending this guy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Judy Battista of NFL Media reports that the two sides were moving close to an agreement on a one-game suspension, but Brady wanted his records to be sealed, which was apparently a deal breaker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Judy Battista of NFL Media reports that the two sides were moving close to an agreement on a one-game suspension, but Brady wanted his records to be sealed, which was apparently a deal breaker.

In other words, he didn't want the public to see the basis for the suspension

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree that the main reason for the suspension isn’t the deflating of the footballs! It’s the continuous stonewalling of the investigation, destruction of the cell phone and the arrogance that he was above any consequences for his actions because he’s Tom Brady.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i’ve said from the beginning that Brady handled this all wrong. Just admit from the beginning “I had the guys adjust the balls to my liking. I don’t know shlt about air pressure or psi so if i screwed up, my bad”. Take your punishment and move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i've said from the beginning that Brady handled this all wrong. Just admit from the beginning "I had the guys adjust the balls to my liking. I don't know shlt about air pressure or psi so if i screwed up, my bad". Take your punishment and move on.

I agree completely and Brady probably got that advice ... And ignored it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What you 2 are forgetting is this “broke” more than a week before the Super Bowl.The public drumbeat at the time was "ban the Patriots from the Super Bowl".Brady and the Pats were trying to run out the clock.Deny, deny, deny. See Prezid3nt Obuttwipe

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brady in the press conference after the story broke:

Just the integrity of the game. I think that’s a very important issue to always be mindful of as an athlete, and fair play. I think we set a great example for the younger athletes, the younger kids, the college kids, the high school kids. We want to be the ones to set the great example.

You think he still feels that way?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i've said from the beginning that Brady handled this all wrong. Just admit from the beginning "I had the guys adjust the balls to my liking. I don't know shlt about air pressure or psi so if i screwed up, my bad". Take your punishment and move on.

Absolutely. I mentioned this as well and think had he, he'd have gotten a $25k fine and we'd have moved on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So I popped over to one of the NE message boards and most of their fans are celebrating this as a win......I assume they expect this to go to court next and the suspension will be on hold pending a result? They are still spouting 'scientific evidence' that the balls weren't deflated. I don't know....seems rather delusional to me. That fanbase is brainwashed.

I sit next to one at our office. Tomorrow is going to be torturous because the office is going to be all over this guy and I'll have to listen to him defend the "scientific evidence". I'm not sure Brady's suit will dispute the evidence of the deflation. Last I heard, the issue will be the process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So I popped over to one of the NE message boards and most of their fans are celebrating this as a win......I assume they expect this to go to court next and the suspension will be on hold pending a result? They are still spouting 'scientific evidence' that the balls weren't deflated. I don't know....seems rather delusional to me. That fanbase is brainwashed.

I sit next to one at our office. Tomorrow is going to be torturous because the office is going to be all over this guy and I'll have to listen to him defend the "scientific evidence". I'm not sure Brady's suit will dispute the evidence of the deflation. Last I heard, the issue will be the process.

Funny to watch people talk about "scientific evidence" while also ignoring a destroyed cell phone and a guy secretly taking balls into a room. I just read that Brady's appeal did NOT include testimony from the two Patriot employees. I am stunned...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What you 2 are forgetting is this "broke" more than a week before the Super Bowl.The public drumbeat at the time was "ban the Patriots from the Super Bowl".Brady and the Pats were trying to run out the clock.Deny, deny, deny. See Prezid3nt Obuttwipe

Do you ever expect ANYONE to ever take anything you say serious when you type things like this? It's as if you are 11 years old. Grow up. FTR I'm in no way defending the president here..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What you 2 are forgetting is this “broke” more than a week before the Super Bowl.The public drumbeat at the time was "ban the Patriots from the Super Bowl".Brady and the Pats were trying to run out the clock.Deny, deny, deny.Now what's your excuse?Agree or Disagree

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Yep. Even if they did the Patriots classic "media stonewall" of refusing to answer questions regarding the past then turned around post Super Bowl and released a statement...THAT would be better than this. Horrible PR job. It's disgusting to see him fight against a light punishment that he earned when the two employees who helped him got fired and there is no arbitration for a "suspension". I see the word "entitled" thrown around here regarding Winston. THIS is entitlement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is the focus/scope of this federal appeal?  Is this only basically to rule on whether the appeal to the league was handled properly?  Or will Brady’s side get discovery into the league’s investigation?  Will this appeal be able to rule on whether the suspension was valid to begin with?I am so excited by today's events.  I would like to see both sides harmed irrevocably and a gloves off federal appeal sounds like my best case.  Please let this happen.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

I’ve heard the world entitled used loosely on this board, but Tommy boy is the perfect definition of the word.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I live in NE. Most of the DIEHARD fans I know want Brady to be punished. They are ashamed at how Brady's handled this situation so even if he wasn't involved the way he handled everything deserves to be punished. The delusional part is they think anyone can take them to the SB. They had a backup take them to the playoffs before so they think it will happen again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly. Instead he went "I'm Tom Brady, f-k you very much" and it's bit him in the backside. Had he simply admitted he liked the balls a little underinflated but had no idea they were not legal, mea culpa then the league would have slapped him with a fine and moved on. Instead, he was an a-hole about it and is getting what he deserved.I think the league will win this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too late for that.  I'm floored that Goodell had the stones to leave it that way.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Too late for that.  I'm floored that Goodell had the stones to leave it that way.

I don't get why people are "floored", "shocked", or anything else at Goodell following a pre-determined process. Can you explain it? FYI: It's not "too late" either. Brady could admit it tomorrow and get his suspension reduced to 1 or 2 games if he chooses. Until the case is accepted by the federal court system that can still happen. Brady has to know he'll lose a civil case so this is all to try to save his legacy by doing everything he can even knowing it will fail.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't get why people are "floored", "shocked", or anything else at Goodell following a pre-determined process. Can you explain it?

I'm shocked because we all know Tom is the league poster boy.  And for Goodell to actually uphold some spank spank on Tommy boy is really unbelievable.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I don't get why people are "floored", "shocked", or anything else at Goodell following a pre-determined process. Can you explain it?

I'm shocked because we all know Tom is the league poster boy.  And for Goodell to actually uphold some spank spank on Tommy boy is really unbelievable.

The rules are the rules. I was shocked he handed the punishment out in the first place but upholding it is just a matter of due process which a monkey could have done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hear he parks too close to the curb…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jim Trotter ?@JimTrotter_NFL 23m23 minutes agoTom Brady has authorized the NFLPA to appeal his case in federal court, per source.

Now that would be amazing to see this appealed before those games are played. Such an immensely important issue that demands resolution that quickly. ::)Personally, this nonsense should have been over long ago.  Great??  ::)move by Tom to secure admiration by all. :-[  Freaken egotistical idiot!  Oh my bad! I am alleged to be a huge NE fan!LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is the focus/scope of this federal appeal?  Is this only basically to rule on whether the appeal to the league was handled properly?  Or will Brady's side get discovery into the league's investigation?  Will this appeal be able to rule on whether the suspension was valid to begin with?

From what i heard this morning, the appeal will be solely about the process. I don't see how he can win when this is the process that the NFLPA agreed to in the CBA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is the focus/scope of this federal appeal?  Is this only basically to rule on whether the appeal to the league was handled properly?  Or will Brady's side get discovery into the league's investigation?  Will this appeal be able to rule on whether the suspension was valid to begin with?

From what i heard this morning, the appeal will be solely about the process. I don't see how he can win when this is the process that the NFLPA agreed to in the CBA.

well, as one example, he will claim that he did not have to turn over a "private" cell phone to have provided "reasonable cooperation," which is what the CBA agreement requires (I think)Ultimately, they will hope to win on the process, but then claim the victory on process is also vindication on cheating (when it is not).  It will be all about Goodell and the process and nothing about a destroyed cell phone or "the Deflator"Its all stupidity, driven by an outrageous ego and the NFLPA's issues with Goodell (and its own issues with player dissatisfaction).  A bunch of completely unnecessary legal battles to follow, but none of those legal battles will change the fact that Brady destroyed a cell phone that he knew the league wanted to see and that a Pats employee SECRETLY entered a room with the balls AFTER presenting them to the ref . . . But people will lose sight of that. . .  That's how the "game" works.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was Kraft demanding an apology in January 2015:

"I am disappointed in the way this entire matter has been handled and reported upon. We expect hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to draw a conclusion of this investigation."Kraft also offered a decisive show of public support for Belichick and Brady."I want to make it clear that I believe unconditionally that the New England Patriots have done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of NFL rules," Kraft said. "Tom, Bill and I have been together for 15 years. They are my guys. They are part of my family. And Bill, Tom and I have had many difficult discussions over the years, and I have never known them to lie to me. That is why I am confident in saying what I just said, and it bothers me greatly that their reputations and integrity, and by association that of our team, has been called into question this past week."

He now has the "hard fact" that Brady destroyed his cell phone.. Do you think we'll hear Kraft apologize to the NFL any time soon?P.S. For those who are routinely critical of Goodell . . .I guess we can all see now why he makes the big bucks. He was 100% right on this and yet had to endure an onslaught from all fronts.  He stood his ground dropping the destroyed cell phone nugget at the end  . ..  and the NFL is still getting sued.  What a great job he has!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What punishment was handed down to the head linesmen who spotted the under-inflated balls… and did nothing until the Colts and Ravens cried about it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What punishment was handed down to the head linesmen who spotted the under-inflated balls... and did nothing until the Colts and Ravens cried about it?

the NFLPA's target market!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FYI: It's not "too late" either. Brady could admit it tomorrow and get his suspension reduced to 1 or 2 games if he chooses.

It's too late to save face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea....but he also knows that all eyes are upon him. If he let's up at all, he's showing favoritism to his buddy, Kraft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FYI: It's not "too late" either. Brady could admit it tomorrow and get his suspension reduced to 1 or 2 games if he chooses.

and Brady just said yesterday that "he did nothing wrong,"  so he's not going to admit anything."vanity of vanities, all is vanity"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As someone who has tried to vacate an arbitration award, I can tell you that Brady and the NFLPA have little shot of success.  The limited grounds for vacatur are:(1) Where the award was procured by corruption, fraud, or undue means;(2) Where there was evident partiality or corruption in the arbitrators, or either of them;(3) Where the arbitrators are guilty of misconduct in refusing to postpone the hearing, upon sufficient cause shown, or refusing to hear evidence pertinent and material to the controversy; or of any other behavior by which the rights of any party have been prejudiced; and(4) Where the arbitrators exceed their powers, or so imperfectly executed them that a mutual, final, and definitive award upon the subject matter submitted was not made.In plain English, those are super high standards that are only supported by the most egregious facts.  Given that the NFLPA collectively bargained and agreed to allow Goodell to preside over arbitrations of suspensions, that is a loser argument.  It seems like the NFLPA is gearing up for an argument under ground 4--namely that there were no specific policies that allow for punishment of a player for tampering with equipment, or being part of a scheme with non-players to tamper.  But we all know how broad the Commissioner's authority is to dole out punishment for "conduct detrimental."  To me, having a player cheat in the AFC Championship game, which could undermine the public's trust in the integrity of games.  In fact, according to reports I have read, he states in his decision that "All of this indisputably constitutes conduct detrimental to the integrity of, and public confidence in, the game of professional football."  The media outlets are trying to play up a lawsuit just to milk a few more miles out of this ridiculous story.  But I have a hard time believing that anyone involved will be surprised when the arbitration decision is confirmed.  Also, Don Yee is a clown. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was Kraft demanding an apology in January 2015:

"I am disappointed in the way this entire matter has been handled and reported upon. We expect hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to draw a conclusion of this investigation."Kraft also offered a decisive show of public support for Belichick and Brady."I want to make it clear that I believe unconditionally that the New England Patriots have done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of NFL rules," Kraft said. "Tom, Bill and I have been together for 15 years. They are my guys. They are part of my family. And Bill, Tom and I have had many difficult discussions over the years, and I have never known them to lie to me. That is why I am confident in saying what I just said, and it bothers me greatly that their reputations and integrity, and by association that of our team, has been called into question this past week."

He now has the "hard fact" that Brady destroyed his cell phone.. Do you think we'll hear Kraft apologize to the NFL any time soon?

well, guess no apology is coming:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2015/07/29/robert-kraft-bill-belichick-tom-brady-deflategate-suspension-upheld-jimmy-garoppolo/30824363/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They had a backup take them to the playoffs before so they think it will happen again.

tom brady aint ever happening again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you, it's way to late for that.  Tommy Boy is going down the wrong road IMO.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Depends on the context. If saving face is about a suspension reduction it's not too late. If it's about Brady's legacy you're right it's too late.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on the context. If saving face is about a suspension reduction it's not too late. If it's about Brady's legacy you're right it's too late.

i'm talkin legacy, and his proclamation of innocence. "My guys know that i like the ball to have a certain feel and they took care of that for me. I don't know a damn thing about psi nor do I care. If i screwed up, my bad. It won't happen again."Admit wrong doing without admitting you're a cheat. Take your slap on the wrist and no one is talking about this today. I'm a huge Brady fan but he screwed up big time in how he handled this. It's not a good look for anyone involved.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's why we're seeing the scorched earth approach. Well, that and the NFLPA's own insecurity. Hopefully somebody comes to their senses at some point.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

That's why we're seeing the scorched earth approach. Well, that and the NFLPA's own insecurity. Hopefully somebody comes to their senses at some point.

Even if Brady manages to win a civil suit which drops his 4 game suspension his legacy is dead. He shot that in the foot from the start the way he handled everything. The Pat's fans here who have accepted that say they don't care. "WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN" is what they say. They don't care if the Pat's cheated as long as it results in a ring.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

Its so hilarious to live in New England right now.  Pats fans are off the freaking wall.  TB fucked up and is acting ridiculous.  The new report has him pleading ignorance, covering up, and contradicting evidence over and over and over. 

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Its so hilarious to live in New England right now.  Pats fans are off the freaking wall.  TB (censored)ed up and is acting ridiculous.  The new report has him pleading ignorance, covering up, and contradicting evidence over and over and over.

I'm in the Boston area myself. Fans are split from what I can tell. Some are in denial and the others have accepted it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Brady wants to take this little matter to the courts? I think the fans of the teams that played the Patriots in the playoffs and Super Bowl should file a class action lawsuit against the Patriots for fraud. Also how about all the Vegas bets? There are some people who lost some jack on those games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goodell has no way to subpoena the phone records because he is just a wanna be prosecutor. He could not get someone else’s phone records any easier than you or I could. A four game suspension is not much to give up for a SB win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone in NE has a little sense:The Boston Globe:

A statement from the team late Tuesday afternoon perfectly demonstrated the intransigence that got everybody here in the first place. The Patriots said they are “extremely disappointed’’ in Goodell’s ruling, again noted the “folly” of the Wells Report science, and said it was incomprehensible that the league is trying to destroy the reputation of one of its greatest players and representatives.Way to go, Patriots. Keep howling at the moon. We all know that Planet Patriot orbits in an alternate universe.Time to give it up, people. Your quarterback destroyed his cellphone on the day he was called to explain Deflategate. What more do you need?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

A statement from the team late Tuesday afternoon perfectly demonstrated the intransigence that got everybody here in the first place. The Patriots said they are “extremely disappointed’’ in Goodell’s ruling, again noted the “folly” of the Wells Report science, and said it was incomprehensible that the league is trying to destroy the reputation of one of its greatest players and representatives.Way to go, Patriots. Keep howling at the moon. We all know that Planet Patriot orbits in an alternate universe.Time to give it up, people. Your quarterback destroyed his cellphone on the day he was called to explain Deflategate. What more do you need?

Someone is getting exiled to the Obits section.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone is getting exiled to the Obits section.

the alternative would be hanging in Quincy Mah-ket

Please wait…

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.