Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• buc-in-out

Participant

The Niners. According to Wes Welker’s book, Brady’s #1 choice was to sign in San Fran. He didn’t want to shop around, he would have immediately signed the same 2 year $50 million deal to go back to California, so his parents could drive to his home games.

Shanny did his due diligence, watched all of Brady’s 2019 tape and concluded that Brady was only slightly better then Jimmy G, so he ultimately passed, and Brady ended up signing in Tampa..

So… Thanks Kyle Shannahan!

• Runole

Participant

The Niners. According to Wes Welker’s book, Brady’s #1 choice was to sign in San Fran. He didn’t want to shop around, he would have immediately signed the same 2 year $50 million deal to go back to California, so his parents could drive to his home games.

Shanny did his due diligence, watched all of Brady’s 2019 tape and concluded that Brady was only slightly better then Jimmy G, so he ultimately passed, and Brady ended up signing in Tampa..

So… Thanks Kyle Shannahan!

YEP and PWR puts up the false narrative that it was some other teams SOB.

Reason? Protecting John Lynch? weird!

• Watchman

Participant

Not sure I agree with the slightly better part. I think Brady is more than slightly better than Jimmy G.

Brady is in another league when it comes to availability. That is Jimmy G’s biggest issue – hurt too much and misses games.

• seekpar

Participant

I can understand KS’s evaluation JG vs TB12 in 2019. The Pats’ offense was undermanned w/o much talent at WR and Gronk kicking back in Tampa Bay. So naturally Brady’s not going to look as good as he could given those deficiencies. He all of a sudden got a LOT better once he started throwing to the Bucs receiving corps + Gronk + AB.

• creamsicles

Participant

If I recall properly, there were significant concerns about decreasing velocity and effectiveness. I know I personally thought he would be an upgrade, but not fantastic. I was happily wrong.

The Bleacher Report article from 1/8/19
      His Passing Numbers Don’t Lie: Tom Brady Really Is Getting Old
      Is interesting to read in retrospect to see how receiver play and scheme can impact analysis.

• Runole

Participant

I can understand KS’s evaluation JG vs TB12 in 2019. The Pats’ offense was undermanned w/o much talent at WR and Gronk kicking back in Tampa Bay. So naturally Brady’s not going to look as good as he could given those deficiencies. He all of a sudden got a LOT better once he started throwing to the Bucs receiving corps + Gronk + AB.

If I recall properly, there were significant concerns about decreasing velocity and effectiveness. I know I personally thought he would be an upgrade, but not fantastic. I was happily wrong.

The Bleacher Report article from 1/8/19
      His Passing Numbers Don’t Lie: Tom Brady Really Is Getting Old
      Is interesting to read in retrospect to see how receiver play and scheme can impact analysis.

So SOB was a better choice than Brady. Correct?

• Donkey

Participant

Can’t blame Tom for wanting to play for his hometown team. One he grew up a fan of and where his idol Joe Montana played. Just glad he ended up in Tampa to give us long suffering fans something to get excited about.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

A-Rods first choice was SF as well.

Not surprising. They’re loaded.

• TBChucky

Participant

Cali kids want to play in Cali.. No huge surprise.. Tom is obviously happy to be here now.. I REALLY doubt he regrets his decision. And we get to enjoy having the 🐐 in Pewter and Red! 😎

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by TBChucky.

• Runole

Participant

Thanks San Fran decision makers for not taking Brady and preferring the SOB! LOL

• kenntak

Participant

If I were Tom Brady, that would have been my first choice as well.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.