Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 35 reply threads

• Author

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

Jason La Canfora

Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
      Follow Follow @JasonLaCanfora
      More
      Bucs are keeping TE Cam Brate. The redzone target has a new 6 year deal in Tampa

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Doh, I just posted it too. Any idea how to delete a thread?

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Nice. Glad he’s staying on. Jameis is smiling somewhere. Now let’s add a guard, center, and a RB.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

$41 mil, 18 guaranteed.

Please wait…

• Swillyboy15

Participant

6.8 mil per year… someone was telling me he’d get 14 mil per year a few months ago on here when I said it would be closer to 8 mil…

2 big signing of homegrown guys the past couple days

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

Good

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

An awful lot for a #2 TE

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Finally keeping our own guys. Obviously making things easier to extend Jameis down the road as well…

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

He’s now the 13th highest paid TE, with numbers that top most of them.
      Its a great deal for his production. He aint your normal #2

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

$7 million a year for a #2 TE??
      Not a bad gig.

This will be a 2 year deal— once O.J.’s price goes up, Brate is gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to keep our talent here… good for him.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

If Koetter isn’t here things will change, but he loves running 2 TE sets, and Brate is more of a receiver anyway. He’s a great fit for the offense and there’s plenty of room for him and OJ.

If they find a running game they will be impossible to defend.

Please wait…

• BucNCane

Participant

OJ is cheap for 3 more years chronic then still have an option.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Brate could probably be making more with his Harvard economics degree if he really wanted to. Well deserved. Glad he’s here.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

I am so glad we are resigning a team that stunk last year. We shouldn’t change anything. It is important to remain loyal and keep guys who “know the system.” Awesome.

Meanwhile… all the other terrible GM’s around the league are signing players that are better than their own FA’s. They are shaking things up. What a stupid idea. Licht knows best.

Thank you Licht! Finally we will have 2 #1 TE’s (every Super Bowl winner has won on the backs of having two great TE’s)… 1 #2 CB… 3 #3 CB’s… 2 #3 level DE’s. Oh wait… that’s exactly what we had last year.

I guess we will just draft a starting DE, a starting DT, a #1 CB, a starting saftey, a starting LG, a starting PK, and a starting C.

The Pewter Report board here are all behind you Jason. You are doing so well. I love your plan. If you have the greatest draft in history (which I know you will), then we will be nearly as good as last year.

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

GREAT value for Brate. JC swore he’d be making north of 10 mil.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

@Casren

Maybe go be a fan of a different NFL team? You clearly don’t like the one in Tampa from your posts lately.

Don’t bother responding. This will be the only time I acknowledge your presence on this forum.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

You’re right. Good fans stick by their GM. That is the true measure of fandom. What makes you a great fan is that stick by your GM as he is destroying the team you love.

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Boom! Fire them cannons!

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I see this past weekend’s inebriated ‘Noles honk is at it again. I’m guessing he’s pissed that we’ve resigned Brate versus trading him and upgrading the position with Nick O’Leary.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

TheChronicHotAir
      Mar 12, 18 at 2:48 pm #1066900
      $7 million a year for a #2 TE??
      Not a bad gig.

This will be a 2 year deal— once O.J.’s price goes up, Brate is gone.

Yea this is a good deal for both parties. Brate is happy, hes making big money these next two years. We can reassess his value to the team after 2-3 more season and he either continues making big money from us or hes released and signing another lucrative contract as an 28-29 year old.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Brate is irrelevant, as our record would be the same with or without him. With Grimes in place… we are still short 8 starters:

1). #1 CB

2). C

3). LG

4). RB

5). S

6). NT

7). DE

8). PK

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Casren
      Mar 12, 18 at 3:24 pm #1066939
      Brate is irrelevant, as our record would be the same with or without him. With Grimes in place… we are still short 8 starters:

1). #1 CB

2). C

3). LG

4). RB

5). S

6). NT

7). DE

8). PK

It’s a damn shame that FA and the draft is over.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

The good teams are only looking for 1 or maybe 2 starters in the draft. Licht has so mismanaged this team.

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Carsen the FA period hasn’t started yet. March 14th

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Wouldn’t call him TE #2, they both play a lot. Good job by Licht here, good value and good job rewarding own players.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

This is a great signing. And for those of you who disagree I have one thing to say,

THHHBBBBPTTTTTT!!!

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

BP1
      Mar 12, 18 at 3:40 pm #1066958
      This is a great signing. And for those of you who disagree I have one thing to say,

THHHBBBBPTTTTTT!!!

There shouldnt be many people who disagree, but I understand anyone whos not excited. They want to see the 5-11 team get upgrades. new contracts for the same roster isnt a thing I personally get hyped about either. Good singings none the less. needed grimes back for a year, Evans is buc longterm for millions lower then he would have costed in FA, and Brate is back under a team friendly contract in relation to his value and production.. now.. let us hear who were bringing in to actually make us better

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

JC swore he’d be making north of 10 mil.

I was putting him om the Ertz deal, 5 years $42.5M, $21 guaranteed.

Brate got 6 years, $41M, $18 guaranteed. Yea I was way off.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

@Pepsi

They should be excited he got paid here because if he would have ended up somewhere like the Saints he would have made the Bucs pay in another way.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Pepsi speaks the truth.

Please wait…

• Trevor

Participant

Geez chill out bro. The signing period is right around the corner and I’m certain we will be active. Licht knows his ass is on the hot seat and he’s not gonna sit back and put out the same product he did last year. Either we land some crucial pieces to improve the roster this off-season or we wash our hands of him next year. I’m not a huge fan of Licht but constant trolling ain’t gonna change anything. Only thing we can do is hold on tight and hope for the best.

Resigning Brate is a good move. Smart to lock up the above average talent that we DO have. Especially one of winstons favorite targets.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

BP1
      Mar 12, 18 at 3:52 pm #1066969

@pepsi

They should be excited he got paid here because if he would have ended up somewhere like the Saints he would have made the Bucs pay in another way.

well until this Dline improves from its league worst ranking, the entire Saints offensive roster will make the Bucs pay. Adding salt to the wound would have stung, but basically inconsequential.

Please wait…

• Ron Swanson

Participant

From SiriusXM NFL radio:

“I’ve been cut by the Bucs three times in my career. When I started I thought I would play 1 or 2 years, so I’ve come along way. So grateful to the organization, the city and the fans” – Cameron Brate

Congrats to Brate! Genuinely happy for him. Get us some more TD’s!!

Please wait…

• DerekPHFD

Participant

Carson

New England is losing

LT
      RB
      CB
      MLB
      DE
      SS

6 positions to fill. But I bet they will be preseason favorites to be in the super bowl.

Why, because the off-season hasn’t even started. Don’t need to be to like the GM to be a fan, just don’t be an idiot.

Please wait…

• DerekPHFD

Participant

You resign productive players and replace unproductive players. You don’t let productive players walk to create more holes.

Please wait…

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.