Breaking: Jason Licht extended five years

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    X
    Participant

The Glazers need to hire people to help them make sound football decisions. The Bucs stink it up this year, and they are stuck with a stupid GM for a few more seasons. They can’t be this hasty, his W/L record is atrocious.

He must have some damning photographic evidence of the Glazers hanging out with Epstein or something (sarcasm)

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Kodiak
    Participant

Bruce Arians likes him. They worked together in Arizona. The deal coincides with the same length of the head coach. I don’t think he’s going anywhere as long as Arians is here.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

Licht extension pretty much a given

It was inevitable. Thankfully Arians is the one running this ship now though.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    JC5100
    Participant

I thought this was a joke. He should have been fired. Proven to be the worst veteran GM by a wide margin. This organization is fucked.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought this was a joke. He should have been fired. Proven to be the worst veteran GM by a wide margin. This organization is fucked.

buxlife

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Crazyhorse54
    Participant

Oh my…this is for real?  I thought it was a Red Board jokester posting that.  Well, Bucs Fans…count on the Bucs being a lock…on 4th place in the NFC South.  smh

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    pewterblood
    Participant

I am still with the idea that the Bucs are not going to win a damn thing with Licht. It doesn’t matter who the coach is.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    JC5100
    Participant

Bruce Arians likes him. They worked together in Arizona. The deal coincides with the same length of the head coach. I don’t think he’s going anywhere as long as Arians is here.

Arians hasn’t done anything here to warrant giving one of the worst GMs in league history a 5 year extension based on his approval. Arians is year to year anyway. Nobody will be surpised if the season goes down the drain and Arians retires. But the Glazers would still be on the hook with this dipshit for another 5 years.

Thought the Glazers would have learned not to let the head coach pick the GM after Gruden got rid of McKay. 16 years later we still don’t have a GM and the Falcons are still kicking our ass.

This is a bigger issue of the team rewarding failure but letting guys who’ve earned it, like Monken, McDougald and Humphries walk out the door.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Licht is a buffoon. The only possible way this works is if Arians has complete control and Licht is just his sidekick. If/when Arians retires from the sideline he moves into a FO role and still has control away from the knucklehead Licht.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Defense5599
    Blocked

The Glazers need to hire people to help them make sound football decisions. The Bucs stink it up this year, and they are stuck with a stupid GM for a few more seasons. They can’t be this hasty, his W/L record is atrocious.

He must have some damning photographic evidence of the Glazers hanging out with Epstein or something (sarcasm)

Worse.   I think he knows about people in Tampa Bay with concrete shoes that the Glazers put there.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buc_boi
    Participant

And the usual online GM’s voiced some opinions, I see.

Lol

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

Worse. I think he knows about people in Tampa Bay with concrete shoes that the Glazers put there.

No doubt

– a head scratcher even for apologists. This was a knee jerk sign, and was a bad decision for the team.

He has a 27-53 record as a manager – and that is all I need to see regarding this re-sign. His drafts have been lackluster. Hopefully if Cappa and Gay become big time starters it mitigates the pain a little

a little.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    blah
    Participant

No news of this on ESpn, Twitter, anything. Source?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

No news of this on ESpn, Twitter, anything. Source?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hiring-bruce-arians-bucs-gave-100802294.html

This happened a little after Arians was officially hired, it was kept unreported for some reason. Strange.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buc_boi
    Participant

I’m pretty sure there was already a topic about this after the BA hire?? I Could be wrong

someone get jasher in here, he’s gifted at finding old threads.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.