Viewing 68 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJack55

Participant

FirstAndMonday ?@firstandmonday 1m1 minute ago@firstandmonday has learned that Drew Brees has a torn rotator cuff @YahooFantasy @ESPNNFL #Bucs #Saints #NFL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have their QB of the future…Would they play out the season with McCown (Luke?)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a 2nd.

Hell No...Trade him out of the NFC South....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwF5tzFi11s

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a second would be amazing, but they just drafted a QB in the third.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FirstAndMonday ?@firstandmonday 1m1 minute ago@firstandmonday has learned that Drew Brees has a torn rotator cuff @YahooFantasy @ESPNNFL #Bucs #Saints #NFL

FirstandMonday.com...your one stop shop for sports, humor, music and more. How legit is this tweet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t seen this anywhere else.  But on a side note, Romo looks to be out until Thanksgiving, likely out for the game against the Bucs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was recovering from that same injury and more when the Saints originally signed him years ago. Many here noted he didn’t look quite right yesterday, so it is at least believable…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rumor-drews-injury-346153/index9.html#.VgBJVngn1SUsounds like he's done over on the Saints board....looks like it'll be down to a three team race in the NFCS. The games between us just got even bigger!GO BUCS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't seen this anywhere else.  But on a side note, Romo looks to be out until Thanksgiving, likely out for the game against the Bucs.

I saw it on a tweet by one of the Football Guys. He said it was a rumor that he might have torn his rotator cuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lyons Yellin WWL-TV @LyonsYellinDrew Brees was in the #Saints locker room today and showed no visible signs of an injury. He's scheduled to speak to the media on Wednesday.

Please wait…

• wesleyc

I really doubt this, haven’t seen a reputable source verify this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a 2nd.

Then I can watch Glennon slice and dice us for a decade, no thanks. Between Brees and Romo, there are two teams desperate for a guy like Mike. We have em by the balls here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one even going to mention that stupid Luke McCown verizon, or whatever company, commercial about backs ups being pretty great if they just got a chance?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely could explain why he was so depressed at his PC after the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.wwltv.com/story/sports/nfl/saints/2015/09/21/drew-brees-injury/72573520/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt anything is confirmed until Wed at the earliest…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a 2nd.

And especially not before we have to play them again.I dont think glennon would be all-that for them, but he has got to know this offense pretty well. Thats a honest plus for their defense(look how gru handled his previous team in sb).Im not giving them any chance whatsoever going into the next game with them. None. I want them stomped.Of course, taking a high pick from them, while only giving the most overly protective qb in the nfl, seems like it would cut their heads off too, so idk..But beating them up, again, would be worth whatever lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Per Roto World:

Drew Brees didn't have his shoulder iced or wrapped on Monday morning.Coach Sean Payton has said Brees could need some extra rest this week, but there's been nothing to indicate his Week 3 status is in doubt. Brees' lack of weapons is a much bigger concern than his shoulder. Source: ESPN.com 

Please wait…

• vlagatta

“Brees has torn rotator cuff”pretty sure we all do...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Brees has torn rotator cuff"pretty sure we all do...

Most of us are out for the season...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

"Brees has torn rotator cuff"pretty sure we all do...

Most of us are out for the season...

doubtful we will score.........                wait.........

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doubt Brees has a torn rotator but he might be done regardless due to his age and lack of weapons in that team. That said, no chance the Saints make a trade for Glennon - at least not right now. They'll be in position for just as good of a QB this upcoming draft if they need it and also just drafted a guy in the 3rd.  No chance they give up another pick. Especially when they are 0-2. As for Dallas - I doubt they see Glennon as that much of an upgrade over Weeden anyways.  Weeden has about the same level of NFL experience and at least knows their offense.  (Sorry folks, that's NOT meant to be a knock on Glennon - just the truth. By the time he'd be comfortably running that offense it would be abt time for Romo to come back anyways. And that doesn't even mention the fact that Dez is also out - so Dallas has no business trading picks for an option in Glennon that really couldn't improve them at all. Not gonna happen in my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe there is something wrong with his shoulder, guess we’ll find out how much damage Bucs did on Wednesday.

Ian Rapoport?@RapSheetSources: #Saints believe QB Drew Brees has a shoulder injury that will likely cause him to miss games, potentially several games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• vlagatta

[img width=200 height=200]https://lh6.ggpht.com/yVbhdCyNf3NbxGzv1s2_l0_tzxi3HssSNO2sZvAdzWEt7dk4egIA7zHMv_RSi2fXObI1=w300[/img]the most important position on an NFL team is QB.  that's irrefutable.In the event Winston goes does....we at least have a back-up in place who knows the system well, and therefore offers us the best chance of not floundering in the event of a Winston injury.I know several current teams that WISH they had that right now....and don't.People that talk about dumping a good (not great) but a good backup who knows the system and can be GAME READY in seconds is invaluable to a team. see: Frank Reich.  This logic is doubled with a 1st year..1st picked rook qb.I also know about 40 Ham & Eggers & casual fans who will not now...nor ever.....get that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ESPN’s Ed Werder is now reporting that an MRI on Drew Brees‘ shoulder confirmed that he did not sustain a serious shoulder injury on Sunday.    According to Werder, Brees experienced pain and weakness in his passing shoulder, but his ability to play will depend on his response to treatment.http://nfltraderumors.co/saints-reportedly-concerned-qb-drew-brees-has-shoulder-injury-could-miss-several-games/

Please wait…

• vlagatta

ESPN’s Ed Werder is now reporting that an MRI on Drew Brees‘ shoulder confirmed that he did not sustain a serious shoulder injury on Sunday.    According to Werder, Brees experienced pain and weakness in his passing shoulder, but his ability to play will depend on his response to treatment.http://nfltraderumors.co/saints-reportedly-concerned-qb-drew-brees-has-shoulder-injury-could-miss-several-games/

the saints gambled on brees many years ago when more than a few teams PASSED on him....regarding this very type of injury....and their gamble paid off big........ Brees was able to  become a very formidable, dominant QB.....someone who almost......almost.....allows nola fans to say "archie who?"...... he lasted a long time.......and if this is it for him......so be it... injury or not..... it may be his final season.  I tip my hat to him...... he made quite a few teams look like idiots......not only for not picking him......but for tearing them up on sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still say brees is also having some sciatica problems as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/09/drew_brees_could_miss_several.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brees is a true competitor and beast of a player, but after watching the game I thought to myself “Brees looks done.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brees has a bruised rotator cuff, not torn.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Glennon for a 2nd.

I think we start a three-way bidding war for Glennon, between Dallas, Houston, and New Orleans. He!!, after reading the Chipster's comments today, throw in the Eagles and make it a four-way. :)

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I really doubt this, haven't seen a reputable source verify this.

Originally linked to Ian Rapoport, nfl.com is now running this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000536109/article/drew-brees-rotator-cuff-likely-to-miss-gamesThat is the one source I trust, as I've never seen them propogate rumor. It's good enough for me.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Glennon for a 2nd.

Then I can watch Glennon slice and dice us for a decade, no thanks. Between Brees and Romo, there are two teams desperate for a guy like Mike. We have em by the balls here.

I still think the Eagles are the best bet. After reading today's comments from the Chipmunk, He's ready to clean house. We could probably wrap up a deal and throw in Leslie Frasier, and Warhop. Maybe get the Sanchise as a back-up and a second out of the deal. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope he recovers from whatever this may be. When the Bucs play the Saints again, I want to know they had Brees starting. A) Its awesome to say you beat one of the best. B) We suck against backups, I don't know why.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Hope he recovers from whatever this may be. When the Bucs play the Saints again, I want to know they had Brees starting. A) Its awesome to say you beat one of the best. B) We suck against backups, I don't know why.

I'll take one from column A and B, please. :)I agree. Look how we did against Carolina last year, sans Newton x 2. Plus, as mentioned, it's always better to say you beat a team when they were at their best. We won in the Superdome yesterday through solid play and no flukes or gimme's. That has to be better to boost the Bucs players than squeaking by with a win on a cheap penalty, or against a back-up QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a 2nd.

And especially not before we have to play them again.I dont think glennon would be all-that for them, but he has got to know this offense pretty well. Thats a honest plus for their defense(look how gru handled his previous team in sb).Im not giving them any chance whatsoever going into the next game with them. None. I want them stomped.Of course, taking a high pick from them, while only giving the most overly protective qb in the nfl, seems like it would cut their heads off too, so idk..But beating them up, again, would be worth whatever lol.

Makes sense, but the only problem is, the trade deadline is Nov 3rd.  The Saints game is after that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lot of smoke!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lot of smoke!!

You're in Colorado for vacation?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I’m pretty sure Luke McCown caused this with his commercial.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lot of smoke!!

i've never touched the stuff. And if i was heading out west, i'd hope to be visiting Cali, and a special friend  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Jason gets a decent offer before Nov 3rd, I would pull the trigger. It would have to be a 2nd or 3rd. Nothing later. Jameis is looking halfway decent, and if he got hurt, the season would be shot anyway. So roll with some career backup. I doubt we make the playoffs, keeping Glennon in case Winston gets hurt, would result in another win or two. I would rather have the high draft pick to draft a lineman next May.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lot of smoke!!

i've never touched the stuff. And if i was heading out west, i'd hope to be visiting Cali, and a special friend  8)

Ha Ha, good one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe he is injured in some fashion.  He was missing wide open guys all game.  He could’ve easily thrown for 350+Our D isn't fixed.  Winston looked better...much better but that defense wasn't nearly as good as it appeared because of Brees injury.  Bet it up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe he is injured in some fashion.  He was missing wide open guys all game.  He could've easily thrown for 350+Our D isn't fixed.  Winston looked better...much better but that defense wasn't nearly as good as it appeared because of Brees injury.  Bet it up.

The D held their running game in check pretty well. We rushed for more yards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a 2nd.

I still think the Eagles are the best bet. After reading today's comments from the Chipmunk, He's ready to clean house. We could probably wrap up a deal and throw in Leslie Frasier, and Warhop. Maybe get the Sanchise as a back-up and a second out of the deal. :)

I could be wrong but I think Chippy wants a QB with some scoots to run his offense. I always thought Bradford was not a good fit for this reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe he is injured in some fashion.  He was missing wide open guys all game.  He could've easily thrown for 350+Our D isn't fixed.  Winston looked better...much better but that defense wasn't nearly as good as it appeared because of Brees injury.  Bet it up.

So our front 4 got pressure on Brees because he had a bruised shoulder, or was the shoulder injury because of all the pressure?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dr. James Andrews has had his name invoked…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So our front 4 got pressure on Brees because he had a bruised shoulder, or was the shoulder injury because of all the pressure?

Also how about the Saints struggle to run the ball? This was the result of the Brees injury too? You can't say the defense did not improve in this game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lot of smoke!!

Ha Ha, good one.

figured you'd like that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still say brees is also having some sciatica problems as well.

Not trying to be a jerk here but how were you able diagnose sciatica visually?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MikeTripplett @MikeTripplettDr. Andrews confirms bruised rotator cuff for Drew Brees; A 'reasonable possibility' he can play for #Saints Sunday http://t.co/3XsSIPVEFbhttp://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13717185/dr-james-andrews-confirms-bruised-rotator-cuff-new-orleans-saints-quarterback-drew-brees

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Glennon for a 2nd.

I could be wrong but I think Chippy wants a QB with some scoots to run his offense. I always thought Bradford was not a good fit for this reason.

I agree. I think he would probably re-sign Tebow before Glennon. I almost wonder if he's been blowing up the Titans phone, offering them his entire backfield for Mariota. :)As it was mentioned on a few shows yesterday, I'm inclined to wonder if the Eagles success the past two years was more about Any Reid's roster that Chip inheritedd, as opposed to his system he wanted to implement.In year three, he now has "his guys" but the Eagles are struggling. I'm not certain if it's his revamp of the team, or that, after the first two years, teams have him figured out, but all is not well in Philly.**It actually, imho, started to drop off at the end of last season. Philly lost to Dallas, and also to the Redskins, at a time when they were thought to be the favorite for at least a wild card bid to the playoffs.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

lot of smoke!!

I agree. I'm much more at home bar-hopping in Brentwood. If I went to Colorado, I'd be so busy sucking air from the altitude, that I would be more inclined to chew coca leaves, like they do in SA, as opposed to doing anything that would further deplete me of oxygen. :)(After an entire life at sea level, I don't do altitude very well.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for a 2nd.

Chip is struggling right now, but he doesn't necessarily only look for running QBs. In fact, big arm/able to hit all the landmarks on the field is a much much bigger requirement to playing QB in his system. Glennon's speed (or lack thereof) wouldn't be the main the drawback - the fact the dude refuses to play the position in a way where he would consistently stress the safeties is, however. Chip's O is based on providing the QB options at different levels and teaching the QB to use those options in a way that stressed the defense. But the Glennon I've seen, while a good player, wouldn't take the shots/chances that Chip would want him to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Jason gets a decent offer before Nov 3rd, I would pull the trigger. It would have to be a 2nd or 3rd. Nothing later. Jameis is looking halfway decent, and if he got hurt, the season would be shot anyway. So roll with some career backup. I doubt we make the playoffs, keeping Glennon in case Winston gets hurt, would result in another win or two. I would rather have the high draft pick to draft a lineman next May.

Agreed. If something did happen to Jameis then I would not want Glennon hurting our causes for the highest pick. We could use a another stud along the offensive or defensive lines.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ed Werder of ESPN reports that Saints QB Drew Brees still doesn’t know if he can play Sunday, due to his rotator cuff injury.Werder adds that Brees is still working hard to get to that point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess we get another chance to see if Luke knows how to use the Force.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess we get another chance to see if Luke knows how to use the Force.

I don't know if this league can handle two McCowns starting on the same day...That's a lot of shine!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC must be beside himself

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC must be beside himself

Freeman can't stand next to another freeman.Its a time-space thing...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said…Brees was too injured to play.  We barely won with their QB missing throws all over the field.  Our fans are going to have a false sense of security.  That will all be over on Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said...Brees was too injured to play.  We barely won with their QB missing throws all over the field.  Our fans are going to have a false sense of security.  That will all be over on Sunday.

Thanks for the warning!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said...Brees was too injured to play.  We barely won with their QB missing throws all over the field.  Our fans are going to have a false sense of security.  That will all be over on Sunday.

How was Brees injured, Captain Dingleberry?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How was Brees injured, Captain Dingleberry?

There's a Yogi Berra-ism in there...

Please wait…

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.