Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• BP1

Participant

He has seen this defense a few times is my guess.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have went for the 2 point conversion after the TD if I were Dallas. If you have one shot to win the game from the goal line you need to take it. Turns out they never even got the ball back. They had their chance and they chickened out!

Please wait…

• vlagatta

“Brees just made easy work of Dallas D”"easy work"?  unless I was watching a different dallas/nola game.....the one I was watching went into over time

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Brees just made easy work of Dallas D""easy work"?  unless I was watching a different dallas/nola game.....the one I was watching went into over time

I was talking about the end when all the chips were on the table. Like he has done to the Bucs many times.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mentioned in another thread, we really should be 0-4. With the way Brees looked against the Cowboys, we got lucky he was dinged up for our game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mentioned in another thread, we really should be 0-4. With the way Brees looked against the Cowboys, we got lucky he was dinged up for our game.

Yeah, but we did the dinging.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And Jac hasn't done much since then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was all over Newton a few times. Newton has the ability to get away. Also GMac is a little dinged up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was all over Newton a few times. Newton has the ability to get away. Also GMac is a little dinged up.

I hear ya, but we seem to be going in the wrong direction here. Are we not suppose to be getting better each week? That was my point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Brees just made easy work of Dallas D""easy work"?  unless I was watching a different dallas/nola game.....the one I was watching went into over time

I was talking about the end when all the chips were on the table. Like he has done to the Bucs many times.

I agree that it wasn't really "easy work".He had 4 good drives in the game against a very beat up defense, and they never scored more than 7 points in a quarter. Brees was efficient and took what they game him, but he hardly carved them up. Besides all that, I disagree with the underlying premise that Brees was seeing the same exact thing from Marinelli than he does from Lovie. Marinelli isn't trying to cram square pegs into a circular hole. He is adjusting his scheme to his players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that it wasn't really "easy work".He had 4 good drives in the game against a very beat up defense, and they never scored more than 7 points in a quarter. Brees was efficient and took what they game him, but he hardly carved them up. Besides all that, I disagree with the underlying premise that Brees was seeing the same exact thing from Marinelli than he does from Lovie. Marinelli isn't trying to cram square pegs into a circular hole. He is adjusting his scheme to his players.

Look at the time of my OP. I was referring to the end of the game. We didn't have a game thread. It looked really easy to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look at the time of my OP. I was referring to the end of the game. We didn't have a game thread. It looked really easy to me.

I thought he looked good. Especially after a lot of people were saying it was all over for him after the injury. The team is a train wreck though. Even Jimmy didn't do much in the Monday night game. I think someone put a curse on Saint players, past and present.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

End of the game as in 2 passes, one of which was Spiller doing a lot of the work to take it 80 yards?Even still, aside from that missed FG drive and quick OT TD, the premise is faulty. Marinelli and Lovie are running different defenses. Marinelli has adapted, Lovie hasn't. Does Marinelli use elements of the T2? Yes, most 4-3 defenses have T2 packages they use, but Marinelli is also using press man. He is using cover 3 and cover 1. He is fitting his scheme to his players, as many good D coordinators do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope.  The same goes when a team is 1-3 and loses by a few points and says well we would be 3-1 if this or this did or did not happen.  This is a live sport, you are your record.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

End of the game as in 2 passes, one of which was Spiller doing a lot of the work to take it 80 yards?Even still, aside from that missed FG drive and quick OT TD, the premise is faulty. Marinelli and Lovie are running different defenses. Marinelli has adapted, Lovie hasn't. Does Marinelli use elements of the T2? Yes, most 4-3 defenses have T2 packages they use, but Marinelli is also using press man. He is using cover 3 and cover 1. He is fitting his scheme to his players, as many good D coordinators do.

Lovie is not in T2 most of the time either.  He also deploys man. There are missed assignments, missed tackles, attempting to strip the ball every play rather than tackle, getting burned on plays plays, land oh yes..... A COMPLETE LACK OF TALENT and mediocre play by starters like LVD

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is not in T2 most of the time either.  He also deploys man. There are missed assignments, missed tackles, attempting to strip the ball every play rather than tackle, getting burned on plays plays, land oh yes..... A COMPLETE LACK OF TALENT and mediocre play by starters like LVD

Yeah if the Bucs play more zone you would see probably less mistakes, but NFL level QB's can quickly take the underneath stuff.  You have to be selective when you play zone because zone coverage in the red zone for the Bucs as an example has been poor thus far.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.