Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

..perhaps?

Brees trainer posted a workout video

“Something is brewing”

PLEASE be true!!

They’re already in cap hell even without him lol

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I already saw a bunch of tweets about it. Posted in another thread that he would be returning and got lambasted for it.

• buc_boi

Participant

They just wanted a link is all

No biggie

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Exactly!

• jcaulfield8

Participant

He’s not coming back and playing for league minimum, on a roster that is gutted due to salary cap issues. Their window has slammed shut and the best part is We made sure that it did on our watch .

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Fine with me we have a team folks draft day should be exciting.

• BucBalla85

Participant

That would be fine. We saw that his arm strength wasn’t great and they have no cap space. I would welcome him back. I doubt he does though. Maybe he’s thinking of going the tom brady route and sign with a team close to winning it. Would be a challenge for the Saints to match what other teams can offer. I doubt he would play for another team though.

• Roy

Participant

What’s poor Jameis going to do then? We are all worried about him. There are only a couple starting jobs out there. Patriots? Maybe the Texans. Well if he can’t get a starting job I know one team with an aging starter where he already knows the offense….what do you think Flat Steve?

OK Winston is the fans’ whipping boy and was unceremoniously dumped by the team, but he knows the offense and is better than Gabbert. He was popular in the locker room.
      It was the interceptions that were unpopular. You wouldn’t be annointing him as a future starter. There wouldn’t be any QB controversy. He would strictly be there in case Brady got injured.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I’d only take him back if he was willing to take that back up role and embraced it. He would have the opportunity to learn from Brees and Brady, don’t think you could do much better. Then whenever Brady was ready to step down whenever he wants to do that, then Winston could challenge to take over. Meaning he would have to win the job after he left but if he’s learned so much from Brees and Brady that should be no issue.

He would never go for that though and if Brady plays for another couple seasons, may not be the best idea for us as then he is getting into career back up like tendencies that he might not be able to shake after being a starter for the first time in a while. Don’t know how great it would work out in the end.

• Buccaholic

Participant

As a clipboard holder? Hell, the media is talking about the Saints trading for Russell Wilson too. Sheeeeeit

• Greattimes

Participant

The gibberish being spread by ESPN and other sports venues is always good for a good laugh this time of year.

• seekpar

Participant

No way. His great NFL run is over.

• kenntak

Participant

He is one of the greatest QBs of all time, smart, can read defenses, and gets rid of the ball quickly. Then again, he is somewhat fragile now, and cannot hit the deep ball like he used to. I would be surprised if he came back, as I cannot see him being effective for an entire season. It may be another 2020 for him or worse.

• theknees

Participant

NO is effectively wasting their window with Brees on the field. They had no shot against Tampa in that third matchup. Funny as hell that he may come back. Not great.

• JC5100

Participant

If Cook doesn’t fumble they would have been up 2 scores in the late 3rd/early 4th. That’s not exactly “no shot”

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

No shot?? They outplayed us the entire first half. We were lucky to go into the locker room tied.

They don’t make those turnovers late in the game, and it’s a whole different ballgame.

• SaskBucs

Participant

I don’t think Bucs were outplayed in the first half. Frankly momentum was heavily on our side until that brilliant trick play call flipped the game on it’s head. After that it was very close, maybe even looking like a Saints W until that strip fumble.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

They were a good team with and without brees, so he was no catalyst really for anything, but though Winston is a turnover machine and a pathetic joke of a leader I’m at least a little concerned of what he could do in year 2 with a great offensive coach and personnel. Hope the cap puts a real dent in their roster.

• Roy

Participant

I’m sure Winston is going to want a starting job, but there are 32 of them and he may not get one. The next best option may be to hold a clipboard on a team with the oldest QB in history where he knows the offense. Like I said he wouldn’t be the heir apparent here, but I’m not so sure that’s in the cards for him anywhere. I’m not saying he’s likely to be back in Tampa Bay, because its not ancient history. The decision was made to move on from Winston before Brady decided to come here. They may not want to dredge up the past. I’m just pointing out that its not impossible.

• BucBalla85

Participant

If he’s still out there after the dust clears then maybe it would be in the best interest for him to come back. I just don’t know if we would give him that opportunity but I’m also in the mind that it might not be the worst idea if all were willing to make it work and he was clear about his role.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Winston back in Tampa???

You guys MUST still be high from that SB win, or maybe you hAVE recently hit your head. Hell no, give me Fitz again before wINsTon.

• BucBalla85

Participant

We’re talking back ups. Fitz might still be able to get a starting job somewhere ;)

• seekpar

Participant

wINsTon LMAO

• buc-in-out

Participant

Brees coming back to the Saints is the best case scenario for our Bucs IMO. His arm’s cooked, and that means that Winston will probably be gone. I’d imagine that he could at least sign on to a team that will give him the opportunity to compete for a starting job, which leaves the Saints in even worse shape going forward.

• seekpar

Participant

I agree with you, but IMHO Brees is retiring.

• BP1

Participant

Brady had way much more left when the Patriots parted ways with him. The Saints even have to bring in a backup to throw the ball down the field. Good luck to them bringing him back with a trimmed down roster.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Honestly if he does come back I’m not so sure it would be with the Saints. I wouldnt be shocked if he came back but with another team. NO has to take care of their cap and that won’t be easy.

• Greattimes

Participant

Bump to get rid of advertising post.

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Way too much hard feelings for Winston to come back here. Trust me on that one.

• theknees

Participant

Sounds like Winston is coming back.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Here’s the scary part. The Saints have an extremely talented roster that is built to win now. A good QB could vault them to the top of the conference instantaneously. What if they decide to mortgage their future and trade a combo of first/second round picks along with Winston to the Texans for Watson? That would be a nightmarish scenario for the Bucs, Packers, and any other contender in the NFC

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.