Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 78 reply threads

• Author

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brees needs to think about more than the booze drinking raludes of NO. Really dumb to say what he said. Fine I guess to have that opinion but, keep it to your damn self.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Brees needs to think about more than the booze drinking raludes of NO. Really dumb to say what he said. Fine I guess to have that opinion but, keep it to your damn self.

So the opinions of people who agree with you are the only ones that should be shared?

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the opinions of people who agree with you are the only ones that should be shared?

It’s called reading the room. It’s maybe the single most important facet of business.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

It’s called reading the room. It’s maybe the single most important facet of business.

I don’t agree. Change happens because people state opinions that are not among the consensus of “the room”.

• SaskBucs

Participant

TBayXXXVII… it’s fine you don’t agree with the reading the room part being important in business but in this particular case Brees is wrong, his words are not against change but they don’t help it and he should have kept quiet.

Even if you think he isn’t wrong, his teammates do. None of this is about sports and it shouldn’t be, but selfishly for us Bucs fans, Brees pissing off his teammates is a good thing.

• atlbuc

Participant

“Reading the room” huh?…and when can we expect you to start “reading this room” and figuring out that no one cares for an ex-QB you keep bring up?

• harrybucman

Participant

Regardless of where you stand on this issue, NO now has a fractured locker room.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Actually, he shouldn’t have kept quiet. As a prominent figure in his community, he should be supporting the racial equality and social justice movement, realizing that the flag and the military are not under attack.

Please don’t come at me about this. I’m not trying to start something up here. I’m sorry if I got too political. I wanted to post about Brees pissing off his teammates being good for the Bucs, which I did, but leaving it at that seemed cold and callous considering the state of things.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Brees, he’s right.

Looks like Winston will start week one

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brees help rebuild that city, such a shame.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

If this means Winston gets the nod in Week One, then I’m all for it.

Let that locker room implode.

• Barnz1

Participant

Brees makes logical sense. I agree with him.

But just a stupid thing to do. You can’t say or do anything that doesn’t fully agree with the herd mentality right now or they will all attack you. As he has now experienced.

Will be interesting to see if it has any ramifications for NO’s season.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Is Brees not allowed to believe that kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful to the flag and country and STILL believe that racial injustice is completely wrong? Why are these two mutually exclusive?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Won’t have any effect on NO unfortunately.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

He gave the same answer he did 4 years ago. What was said back then when he said it? He should have just said he already spoke on the matter four years ago and wishes not to revisit. Done!

• Swash

Participant

What Brees said was tone deaf to the (mostly) black teammates he has. I imagine he’ll walk back his statement back tomorrow because of the national attention he’s getting. But I hope he’s geniunely learned the difference about what the knee is about, and respect the US constitution.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Thomas on the trade block??

• Roy

Participant

I don’t think the idea of kneeling is to disrespect the flag. Taking away the rights of citizens is disrespecting the flag. Equal treatment under the law as spelled out in the US Constitution is what the flag stands for. If you don’t care about that then you are the one disrespecting the flag. I don’t care how big the flag is on the back of your truck. If you don’t back the BIll of Rights (all of them, not just #2) then you are disrespecting the flag.

• buccnation

Participant

He gave his opinion and is getting bashed. Maybe not the best timing but it is what it is. I am all for peaceful protesting (it’s your right) and would love to end racism in this world. I wish people would watch Candace Owens’s video. She brings up some good points on the matter.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

He gave his opinion and is getting bashed. Maybe not the best timing but it is what it is. I am all for peaceful protesting (it’s your right) and would love to end racism in this world. I wish people would watch Candace Owens’s video. She brings up some good points on the matter.

Candace Owens? Lol no thanks.

• Roy

Participant

Why don’t you just say what a couple of these good points are instead of just telling people to watch her video.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Notice he never directly says he is okay with the kneeling during the anthem in the apology.

Drew Brees apologizes for comments about kneeling protests: ‘I stand with the black community’

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/drew-brees-apologizes-for-comments-about-kneeling-protests-i-stand-with-the-black-community-124049826.html

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Why don’t you want to listen to what she says? I have heard her speak many times and she makes some valid points. The problem most have with having ‘the conversation” is they don’t want to have the “full conversation”. Only their view.

• Roy

Participant

What did she say? Because she is one of the three African Americans who support Trump doesn’t want to make me go watch her videos, but sure there can be good points from all sides of the spectrum. So I’ll bite. I’m just asking don’t make me go watch her videos, just tell me. What are a couple of the good points?

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Why don’t you want to listen to what she says? I have heard her speak many times and she makes some valid points. The problem most have with having ‘the conversation” is they don’t want to have the “full conversation”. Only their view.

Her opinion is biased I will never listen to her I would rather listen to Trump.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

What did she say? Because she is one of the three African Americans who support Trump doesn’t want to make me go watch her videos, but sure there can be good points from all sides of the spectrum. So I’ll bite. I’m just asking don’t make me go watch her videos, just tell me. What are a couple of the good points?

I don’t know what video the other poster is referring to. I have heard her speak many times and she addresses the topics many find hard to discuss regarding issues of the African American community. I agree with some of her points and not others. I listen to her regardless. She has a big voice and many African American followers. She will speak up when the conversation becomes difficult unlike several so-called leaders of the African American community.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drew Brees quickly retracting as the heat increases in swampy New Orleans. Smart move on his part. Again, he’s entitled to his opinion on this subject but don’t preach about it. Kneeling for the national anthem, in quiet protest of police brutality against minorities is the most American way to go about a protest. No one gets hurt, the point is quietly made, and hopefully change occurs. Brees is starting to believe his own press. Which is usually the beginning of the end for sports celebrities.

• BucFanFromATL

Participant

It just came off as tone deaf. Leadership 101… you can’t be tone deaf.

#3. Tone Deaf to Context

Brees is a good leader, a good man, and clearly has no malice in his heart. However he is missing the context of the moment and the reasons. Respecting the Flag and Being against Police Brutality are not mutually exclusive… however conflating the two in the moment and changing the argument is tone deaf in context of the moment and is very infuriating to an entire race of people.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

TBayXXXVII… it’s fine you don’t agree with the reading the room part being important in business but in this particular case Brees is wrong, his words are not against change but they don’t help it and he should have kept quiet.

Even if you think he isn’t wrong, his teammates do. None of this is about sports and it shouldn’t be, but selfishly for us Bucs fans, Brees pissing off his teammates is a good thing.

It is the right thing. It’s the right thing because a certain political group in society is praising the ideology of victim-hood which is not healthy for society. What Brees is doing is telling people that while protesting is fine, you shouldn’t look at ways that’ll piss people off to do it. Just as an example, this whole country agrees that what happened to George Floyd was awful and action needed to be taken (it doesn’t happen often). People wanted to protest… go ahead, it’s warranted this time. The RIOTS, on the other hand, doesn’t help. That’s what Brees’ point was. Be mindful of HOW you protest, not THAT you protest. The problem is that a certain faction of society is trying to shut him down. THAT’s not right and doesn’t help. In fact, it makes things worse.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

It is the right thing. It’s the right thing because a certain political group in society is praising the ideology of victim-hood which is not healthy for society. What Brees is doing is telling people that while protesting is fine, you shouldn’t look at ways that’ll piss people off to do it. Just as an example, this whole country agrees that what happened to George Floyd was awful and action needed to be taken (it doesn’t happen often). People wanted to protest… go ahead, it’s warranted this time. The RIOTS, on the other hand, doesn’t help. That’s what Brees’ point was. Be mindful of HOW you protest, not THAT you protest. The problem is that a certain faction of society is trying to shut him down. THAT’s not right and doesn’t help. In fact, it makes things worse.

It’s sad because the all important original message gets lost with many people around the country due to the rioting/looting and kneeling during the national anthem. The players have control over when they kneel. The NFL is not even showing the anthem anymore before games. The players might want to kneel after a TD instead of group posing for a photo. Maybe when they lineup for a kickoff would be a good time. This way all eyes are on them including the TV audience.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Police brutality against blacks is a myth anyways, a total of 9 unarmed black males where killed by police last year in 2019, 2 officers out of the 9 were charged with a crime.

https://t.co/uGL692k01w

Sounds like being hunted too me, society is full of Winston fanboys. You’re watching systematic racism loot uncontested while getting away with it. For a false cause of course.

• Madman

Participant

Saw one NO fan post – Thanks Drew, for dividing our team and giving the NFC South to the Bucs!

• buccnation

Participant

Police brutality against blacks is a myth anyways, a total of 9 unarmed black males where killed by police last year in 2019, 2 officers out of the 9 were charged with a crime.

Sounds like being hunted too me, society is full of Winston fanboys. You’re watching systematic racism loot uncontested while getting away with it. For a false cause of course.

Yes 9 unarmed black individuals were killed by police vs 19 unarmed while individuals.

Not saying I agree with all of her opinions/points but she does bring up some valid things to consider.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Owens is the definition of controlled opposition this should be moved to the cove I come here for football not politics get enough of it on Facebook.

• harrybucman

Participant

Bank of America has pledged 1 billion dollars to fight against this “false cause”. I think you should reach out and share your great wisdom with them. Surely, oh surely your dumbass can help their misguided souls see the light.’

• harrybucman

Participant

I agree with Brees, he’s right.

Looks like Winston will start week one

Which Brees do you agree with. Today’s Brees or yesterday’s Brees. Just asking!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Regardless of where you stand on this issue, Harry.

KYbucfan51 is right, this type of conversation belongs in the cove and NOT in the football forums.

Most of us come up here to get away from all that, to talk strictly football.

I think we can all agree on this?

• Roy

Participant

Well yes I guess it belongs in the Cove, but it seems to be football players who get involved in this. Now the Bucs are making their statement like everybody else. And its going to impact the games in some way or another.

I think people are saying hey didn’t we go through all this drama before with the kneeling? Sure the kneeling was annoying, but didn ‘t most of us hope that it would at least bring a little change? Now it appears that nothing has changed, and that is pissing us off. Not just black people, but many of us are saying WTF why is this crap still happening? Last time a lot of people were annoyed at the protestors, and this time I think more people are pissed off that this stuff keeps happening.

Here are the numbers reported by Snopes who referred to a Washington Post article. Its just the numbers and you can make what you want out of it.

“According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.”

• The Anomaly

Participant

It was a stupid comment. You have to play with those guys and if you are being divisive right now…you’re not helping unite the country.

Candace Owens is a drop out and tells white America what they want to hear on Fox News.

She’s a hack and anyone quoting her is human garbage.

• spartan

Participant

There was I thinking he had a pair. Obviously I as wrong.

Instead of grovelling I think he would have been better off abruptly retiring and watch his righteous team mates squirm knowing their careers just went down the tubes. Wonder how many apologies we would have seen then!

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Hooray for Candace Owens

Just per an absolute chance, I stumbled onto 2 of her original videos last night.

What a breath of fresh air.

What a message of hope and goodness in this world of problems and negativity.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• BucsBay

Participant

Aside from race, a lot of cops (and politicians) believe they have the right to act with impunity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23bluefall

• harrybucman

Participant

KYbucfan51 is right, this type of conversation belongs in the cove and NOT in the football forums.

Buc-boi I truly believe; if you were a police officer and pulled a black man over (especially Jameis), there is so much racial hatred in your heart, if the opportunity presented itself, you’d put your knee on his neck. Hell, metaphorically, you do it on this board constantly. There are plenty more sickos, just like you, in this country and too many of them are police officers. That’s a serious problem.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Here, this guy covers everything that has been going on (protests, riots, murders, white guilt). He just gets on a roll.

• Anonymous

Inactive

*to

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buc-boi I truly believe; if you were a police officer and pulled a black man over (especially Jameis), there is so much racial hatred in your heart, if the opportunity presented itself, you’d put your knee on his neck. Hell, metaphorically, you do it on this board constantly. There are plenty more sickos, just like you, in this country and too many of them are police officers. That’s a serious problem.

Yep. He hates blacks. I knew Buc_boi in high school. Still a racist piece of shit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol, thanks for the correction, Morgan.

Guess Im as racist as all those democrats in the streets looting, killing innocent people over the life of some career criminal.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep posting with those hurt feelings, Harry. And keep acting like it’s Republicans out looting/rioting/killing innocent people.

Always taking the low road like a true democrat, Hey Harry, did you know ‘police brutality’ is a systematic myth just like ‘Russia collision’?

Bet you didn’t

Funny to watch a SJW care so much for this imaginary police brutality thing yet is perfectly fine with rape.

• harrybucman

Participant

Bank of America has pledged 1 billion dollars to fight against this “false cause”. I think you should reach out and share your great wisdom with them. Surely, oh surely your dumbass can help their misguided souls see the light.’

When you finish convincing Bank of America that they are fighting against a false cause, you’d better call Roger Goddell and the entire NFL and convince them they are doing the same thing. And while you’re on a roll contact Michael Jordon and tell the GOAT not to waste that 100 millions on the false cause.

You’re so much wiser than all those dummies so you’ve got to speak out homey.

Remember silence is compliance.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

*proud-boi

• The Anomaly

Participant

These protest will go away…the racism won’t.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Shannon Sharpe is calling for Brees to retire. He says the locker room will never be the same even after his apology because all the players know he meant what he said the first time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shannon Sharpe is calling for Brees to retire. He says the locker room will never be the same even after his apology because all the players know he meant what he said the first time.

I am hearing he’s retiring. Crazy shit.

• RudeGuy

Participant

These protest will go away…the racism won’t.

Racism will never go away. It has been around for 1000’s of years. This might surprise some of you but it is not exclusive to the US. There is racism in Mexico, South Africa, Asia, UK, Middle East, South America, and many countries in Europe. The best we can do as a human race is put out the racism fires as they appear.

• RudeGuy

Participant

If he does it’s his way of giving the big FU to those who bashed him even after his apology. He would be telling the Saints players good luck with Winston throwing the ball next season. Last time I checked Winston stands for the anthem with his hand or helmet over his heart. Let’s see if he will feel the pressure to kneel if other Saints players do this season. The Saints are about to implode if they can’t find some harmony in that locker room soon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he does it’s his way of giving the big FU to those who bashed him even after his apology. He would be telling the Saints players good luck with Winston throwing the ball next season. Last time I checked Winston stands for the anthem with his hand or helmet over his heart. Let’s see if he will feel the pressure to kneel if other Saints players do this season. The Saints are about to implode if they can’t find some harmony in that locker room soon.

Way too late on the Brees front. Crazy that Winston is in place. Like how does that happen.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Way too late on the Brees front. Crazy that Winston is in place. Like how does that happen.

Week One win for the Bucs if Brees retires.

Would be a good start to the season.

• The Anomaly

Participant

Any idiot that thinks shooting numbers represent police brutality is a freaking moron.

I’m talking mush for brains.

I mean Lloyd wasn’t killed by a “shooting”.

Please, some of you go back to college and get an education. Please.

• Madman

Participant

Could totally see Brees retire now. He’s lost the respect of his teammates. Players on other teams will target him. And everything he does will be under the microscope every pre-game.

Many NO fans saying ‘the run is over.’

• Jed

Participant

When you finish convincing Bank of America that they are fighting against a false cause, you’d better call Roger Goddell and the entire NFL and convince them they are doing the same thing. And while you’re on a roll contact Michael Jordon and tell the GOAT not to waste that 100 millions on the false cause.

You’re so much wiser than all those dummies so you’ve got to speak out homey.

Remember silence is compliance.

I wouldn’t use Michael Jordan as an example. Most of that 100 million came off the backs of under age Asians working very long sweatshop shifts and making pennies. Have you seen how these people live? Kaepernick also collects millions off this sweat money from an oppressed people.

THE HYPOCRISY!!!

• tampaspicer

Participant

@jed You purchase anything from China or Mexico?

• harrybucman

Participant

Michael Jordon doesn’t own any Nike factories. I’m sure you are so righteous you would turn down the over 500 million advertising dollars if it were offered to you. Jed, you don’t give a damn about those poor people in China. You are just envious that a black man made all that money while your supposedly superior white ass is still working for chump change down at the burger joint. Talking about HYPOCRISY.

• Jed

Participant

@jed You purchase anything from China or Mexico?

I try my best not to. Support USA made even if it might cost a little more. Always read the tags and labels. Sometimes it’s unavoidable.

• Jed

Participant

Michael Jordon doesn’t own any Nike factories. I’m sure you are so righteous you would turn down the over 500 million advertising dollars if it were offered to you. Jed, you don’t give a damn about those poor people in China. You are just envious that a black man made all that money while your supposedly superior white ass is still working for chump change down at the burger joint. Talking about HYPOCRISY.

Now that you have gotten inside of my head and are able to tell me how I feel and think, how do you feel about how the people in Asia are treated? I hear you saying it’s okay to make money off an oppressed group of people as long as such funds are not direct? Just want to make sure we have you on record correctly. Oh and for the record my wife and her family are from China and they have many family members still there. So keep running your mouth with race baiting rhetoric.

• harrybucman

Participant

“If” you can “honestly” say you would turn down all that “not direct” advertising money you have a special heart–a different kind of heart that I have the greatest respect for and I apologize for misjudging you. If not I stand my ground.

• harrybucman

Participant

And if your convictions are as strong as you claim they are; You should take a stand and boycott the NFL, the NBA, MLB, the NHL, the NCAA, the Olympics, all star athletes and any other major sports organization because they all make big money of those non direct advertising dollars.

• Jed

Participant

“If” you can “honestly” say you would turn down all that “not direct” advertising money you have a special heart–a different kind of heart that I have the greatest respect for and I apologize for misjudging you. If not I stand my ground.

Believe it or not it’s not always about money. My wife and I are both professionals and make a decent substantial amount of money. No, I would not take the money Jordan is taking. He has made enough money in his lifetime where he doesn’t need the additional funds from Nike. You sometimes have to stand up for what is morally right regardless of the amount money. I’m surprised you have taken this stance being of a race that was unjustly exploited by the rich in this country. Many still are. Do we need to address it or should we leave it alone already?

• Jed

Participant

And if your convictions are as strong as you claim they are; You should take a stand and boycott the NFL, the NBA, MLB, the NHL, the NCAA, the Olympics, all star athletes and any other major sports organization because they all make big money of those non direct advertising dollars.

I already don’t purchase any merchandise from these sports if not made in this country.

• harrybucman

Participant

When you attend any games or watch the product on TV you are contributing to that oppressive pot. And are just as guilty as Mike.

• Jed

Participant

When you attend any games or watch the product on TV you are contributing to that oppressive pot. And are just as guilty as Mike.

WOW that’s a huge stretch. Me watching the Bucs play on TV is the same as Jordan receiving 500 million of oppressed sweatshop money into his bank account. If it makes you feel better about Jordan to believe that then okay.

Just remember both he and Kaepernick have spoken out publicly about black oppression in this country. Seems a little racist of them to believe people of another color should not be afforded the same public support. Oh wait….might hurt that pocketbook. I guess as long as you are paid off it’s all good.

Also remember what LeBron said about the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong? He very well understood it would hurt his pocketbook if he supported it. Not a good look when you are trying to get people behind your own cause. Looks like you are okay with that because your skin is not yellow. My wife and her family don’t feel the same as you do. I’m going to support her on this if you don’t mind.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

The NFL better be careful. The NFL is ONLY as popular as it is, because of gambling. It’s fun and easy to bet on. People don’t need to actually attend games. Small market teams could start to lose attendance (like Jacksonville and Buffalo), and not be able to survive and some of those cities could lose their teams if the NFL starts pissing off a bulk of their fan base. I guess that would be ok for the NFL, but people like you may suffer from it. Me, it won’t bother. If the Bucs move to a bigger city… or Europe, I live in NJ, so where they play won’t matter to me. Pretty sure you’d be rather ticked off if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers became the San Diego (or London), Buccaneers.

Don’t be naive to think it can’t/won’t happen. Buffalo scheduled games in Toronto because of low attendance. Jacksonville volunteered to play in London twice a year. It could happen. I hope it doesn’t. I’d wager that it wouldn’t happen because Republican’s don’t act like Democrats. You know, throwing tantrums like the 7 year old who couldn’t get a candy bar. We’ll still go to games, but ignore the “message” that’s trying to be sent. As I said earlier, we won’t help you if you aren’t willing to help yourself. But, again, I don’t discount that it could happen. I’m willing to bet that you do.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I’d wager that it wouldn’t happen because Republican’s don’t act like Democrats. You know, throwing tantrums like the 7 year old who couldn’t get a candy bar.

The irony is rich with this one.

The NFL doesn’t need to worry about anything.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

I’d wager that it wouldn’t happen because Republican’s don’t act like Democrats. You know, throwing tantrums like the 7 year old who couldn’t get a candy bar.

The irony is rich with this one.

The NFL doesn’t need to worry about anything.

Really? When was the last time you saw Republican’s parading in the street protesting anything or rioting or looting?

Yeah, people said that about the NHL and MLB in the 90’s….

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Really? When was the last time you saw Republican’s parading in the street protesting anything or rioting or looting?

Way to move the goalposts there, buddy. But, hey, I’ll bite.

Never mind, I’m sure all those armed people who stormed government buildings with rifles, blocked roadways for essential workers, hung an effigy, etc. in Michigan last month pissed off they couldn’t get manis and pedis, were all liberals, right?!

Your ACTUAL comment before shifting was…

And to that, particularly the part in bold, I’ll tell you to look no further than the overly petulant, thin-skinned Nancy in the Oval Office.

Now, back on topic…

Like I said, the NFL has nothing to worry about regarding this issue.

There were NUMEROUS posters on here claiming they were done, boycotting, etc. YET here they were posting in game day threads. Hell, I remember a buddy of mine started a big social media campaign in 2016, videoed himself cancelling his NFL ticket, burning his beloved Allen Raiders jersey, etc. And, sure as shit, I bumped into him at a golf course, post round, checking out the Week 3 game of the week on Fox.

In the last 20 years, the total NFL revenue has steadily climbed. And, from 2016-2018…in the middle of the “kneeling” issue, it increased nearly $1.5B.

Again, the NFL has nothing to worry about. They’ll be fine. They’ll be there on Sundays. And, so will you.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Way to move the goalposts there, buddy. But, hey, I’ll bite.

Never mind, I’m sure all those armed people who stormed government buildings with rifles, blocked roadways for essential workers, hung an effigy, etc. in Michigan last month pissed off they couldn’t get manis and pedis, were all liberals, right?!

Your ACTUAL comment before shifting was…

And to that, particularly the part in bold, I’ll tell you to look no further than the overly petulant, thin-skinned Nancy in the Oval Office.

Now, back on topic…

Like I said, the NFL has nothing to worry about regarding this issue.

There were NUMEROUS posters on here claiming they were done, boycotting, etc. YET here they were posting in game day threads. Hell, I remember a buddy of mine started a big social media campaign in 2016, videoed himself cancelling his NFL ticket, burning his beloved Allen Raiders jersey, etc. And, sure as shit, I bumped into him at a golf course, post round, checking out the Week 3 game of the week on Fox.

In the last 20 years, the total NFL revenue has steadily climbed. And, from 2016-2018…in the middle of the “kneeling” issue, it increased nearly $1.5B.

Again, the NFL has nothing to worry about. They’ll be fine. They’ll be there on Sundays. And, so will you.

I didn’t move any goal posts… not sure what you’re referring to. I’m calling Democrats whining and crying (about self inflicted wounds), as the 7 year olds having temper tantrums. That includes protests and riots. Just calling it like I see it.

I assure you, outside of a pandemic, you’ll be hard pressed to find other times where things like that happening. Trump’s an azzhat as person, but I like his policies. When he talks, I ignore him… just like I have every other President since Reagan. They’re all jackazzes.

I never said I’d stop watching. But I did stop going. I know people who have stopped all together when the kneeling started and haven’t been back. I also know a lot of people who cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket and only watch NFL Redzone. They’re not giving direct sales to the NFL and they’re not watching network games to drive ad revenue to the alphabet networks. They’re also not buying tickets or paraphernalia any more either. NFL Redzone is a part of a sports package that is pennies (compared to the Sunday Ticket), and includes other channels that have nothing to do with the NFL.

Like I said earlier as well, the NFL’s popularity is solely driven by gambling. The NFL is safe because that’s not going to go away, but my point was to the smaller market cities. The small market teams may be impacted more than the large market teams and possibly lose their franchise. I mean, Oakland and San Diego lost their teams because attendance was low. Jacksonville and Buffalo scheduled London and Toronto games because their attendance is/was low. They could lose their teams. That’s what was referring to about the NFL being careful. Not that the league will fold.

• The Anomaly

Participant

Because white privelege America has so much to protest about? That tax break wasn’t big enough? Protest. Sad state of affairs in America. Thank god white families are having babies at a much lower rate than everyone else. You scumbags will be a minority soon enough. And Maga won’t save you. Scumbags.

• kenntak

Participant

Can’t get anymore racist than that @Anomaly. I am embarrassed to share a board with someone who has such hideous, disgusting views on race. The hypocracy is simply stunning. You really hurt your cause, and if I were black, I would condemn your comments. You find racism acceptable as long as you practice it. This is why nothing will ever improve, and why the country is so polarized.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Because white privelege America has so much to protest about? That tax break wasn’t big enough? Protest. Sad state of affairs in America. Thank god white families are having babies at a much lower rate than everyone else. You scumbags will be a minority soon enough. And Maga won’t save you. Scumbags.

Are you trolling, ignorant, or just plain stupid? Might be a little of all three. I believe you possibly have hit the trifecta. Nice job.

Viewing 78 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.