Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• shrico

Participant

I know this kid has been talked about a lot and you can watch a lot of film on him but this video is from Smith’s true freshman year only about 3-4 games into the season in Lincoln, Nebraska.  The kid back then looks the part with mobility/accuracy in this game despite being a true freshman and with constant pressure especially from Lavonte blitzing him a few times who he burns at 3:05 and 5:03 mark. He makes and NFL pocket throw at the 5:03 mark. He maintains his poise and accuracy despite no help from his line or his receivers dropping balls all over the place except Herron.  Him and Herron connect a few times nicely especially at the 10:40 mark when Herron is lined up in the slot( like he will be for us) and burns their safety.  I thought this vid was special because it was his 1st test against real competition and he’s been playing that way since. I hope this guy beats out Kafka and stays on the practice squad at a minimum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOrfjy8lKA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, he could be the man of the future. We shall see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where is the link?

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

lets see it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow I threw an air ball on that one forgetting the link:  Kid’s a playmaker, not a game manager. If his mechanics are fixed and adjusts to the pro-style under Tedford and gains about 10Lbs he’ll be unlike anyone in the league right nowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOrfjy8lKA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow I threw an air ball on that one forgetting the link:  Kid's a playmaker, not a game manager. If his mechanics are fixed and adjusts to the pro-style under Tedford and gains about 10Lbs he'll be unlike anyone in the league right nowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOrfjy8lKA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like Shaun King calling the game. Guy is a big project, but he’s got moxy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did Smith even have an O-line in that game? Wow, what terrible protection. His receivers, other Herron, were just crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can find the 2013 game vs. Nebraska on Youtube. Impressive there, too.Don't let Dalbuc catch you talking about Smith. You're not allowed to get excited about an UDFA.Vs. Nebraska 1013https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFL-kzFIMqE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give him Texas AnM oline and one Mike Evans and I would bet he wouldn’t look as much as a project, or if he was just playing in the Sec. He has as much pocket presence as Johnny with better downfield vision and accuracy.  That D was pretty good and this guy had them on their heels with no help. I think the constant 3 yrs of pressure from no oline has enhanced his downfield visual processing making him basically NFL ready in his visual speed to scan the field. i don’t think glennon is as fast in this regard as of last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No question he’s an intriguing prospect. I actually remember Kafka, and was pleased to hear we’d signed him. Throw in Brett Smith, and we have an intriguing quartet of QBs; a diverse group indeed!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give him Texas AnM oline and one Mike Evans and I would bet he wouldn't look as much as a project, or if he was just playing in the Sec. He has as much pocket presence as Johnny with better downfield vision and accuracy.  That D was pretty good and this guy had them on their heels with no help. I think the constant 3 yrs of pressure from no oline has enhanced his downfield visual processing making him basically NFL ready in his visual speed to scan the field. i don't think glennon is as fast in this regard as of last year.

That was one of Glennons big weaknesses last year. He stared down his WR's, and was hesitant to pull the trigger.

Please wait…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.