Viewing 69 reply threads

• Author

• Ynot

Participant

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/12/bridgewater-struggling-in-private-workouts/I just don't see us grabbing this kid at 7. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen…this means he’s probably killing it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, just saw that. Wonder how much of that is just rumors being put out by a team looking to have him fall to them on draft day.Right after the bowl season, Bridgewater was my favorite quarterback and I thought was a lock for the #1 pick to Houston. By far and a way, I thought he'd be a very successful NFL quarterback and he was in the top 4 of most analysts draft boards. Now on many of them he's either out of the top 10 or close to it. About the only knock on him that I agree with that I didn't factor into my earlier judgment was that he's slight of frame and possibly will not hold up under hits in today's NFL. I just don't know what to think of Bridgewater anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Early-on I compared him to Josh Johnson, who we drafted a few years ago. He’s actually put on some weight (he was skinny when here) and is a b/u in Cincinnati… LOL; the ol’ Red Board got just a tad excited ’bout that comparison… ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buccaneers.com’s Scott Smith called him Terry Bridgewater in the latest Buccaneer Insider….. I thought it was worth a chuckle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smoke screen???  You guys crack me up.  I guess all the TEAMS are smoking!!!  Nice kid but a choker.  Just say “no”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Choker ??24e48d5ca61acb4b5bd39413110d899e2067901ba27c03df5643662dd34f889a.jpgHappen to watch any of his Bowl games ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen...this means he's probably killing it.

lol.I hope he continues to struggle and we can grab him. It's amazing that scouts watch his game tape and are like this kids got it. Then they watch him throwing in shorts and are now concerned. It's sheer madness

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you listening to multiple pro day struggles and his proday.  I realize that most of the evaluation comes from past game tape, just seems recently he is CHOKING!!! Slight build, quite kid…Dont want him as the face of our franchise or our leader of men.  IMO… he will slip to the end of the first at best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Btw…what NFL scouts said he was their #1 guy?    Kiper/McShay (who I love) and all the other mocks?  Kid is slidding… thank goodness the draft is later this year, so no one drafts this guy to early.Thats my nice way of saying...he is overated and I hope we stay away!!!

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Even better news for us.  I don’t care how bad he does in his private workouts, or how bad his pro day was.  You would have to be a fool not to take him if he is there.  Besides i’d rather take a guy that actually did well while playing football games than someone not doing so well during visits and pro day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HYPE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even better news for us.  I don't care how bad he does in his private workouts, or how bad his pro day was.  You would have to be a fool not to take him if he is there.  Besides i'd rather take a guy that actually did well while playing football games than someone not doing so well during visits and pro day.

how about a guy who was even better in real games and didn’t embarrass himself in workouts?  You know, Johnny Football

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teddy Toiletwater

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Even better news for us.  I don't care how bad he does in his private workouts, or how bad his pro day was.  You would have to be a fool not to take him if he is there.  Besides i'd rather take a guy that actually did well while playing football games than someone not doing so well during visits and pro day.

how about a guy who was even better in real games and didn't embarrass himself in workouts?  You know, Johnny Football

Now Johnny is awesome to watch.  Wonder what the chances are he is there.  ok, Who would be your pick out of the 2 if they were there?  Its starting to look more and more like at least one of those guys will be there.  And yes I'd love to have Johnny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now I have been wrong once before, but I don’t buy it… the guy was the best QB of the group when the games actually count, but now that everyone’s throwing in shorts and the draft is nearing he’s falling down the board while Bortles (who’s mostly just hype and “potential”) is climbing the boards and is a possible #1 pick. It’s a little too convenient.I still believe Teddy is the first QB off the board, he's the most pro ready and if his frame is his biggest concern, that can be improved. If any of the top 3 is going to tumble a bit I think it'll be Bortles. I think Teddy will be gone before we pick, JFF wont fall past the Vikings and Bortles wont make it past the Titans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dale_Earnhardt_Jr.__smoke_screen.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now I have been wrong once before, but I don't buy it... the guy was the best QB of the group when the games actually count, but now that everyone's throwing in shorts and the draft is nearing he's falling down the board while Bortles (who's mostly just hype and "potential") is climbing the boards and is a possible #1 pick. It's a little too convenient.I still believe Teddy is the first QB off the board, he's the most pro ready and if his frame is his biggest concern, that can be improved. If any of the top 3 is going to tumble a bit I think it'll be Bortles. I think Teddy will be gone before we pick, JFF wont fall past the Vikings and Bortles wont make it past the Titans.

There are reasons pre-combine rankings change as teams run through their evaluation process. Aaron Donald was seen as a late first/early second round prospect because of his size and level of competition, but he showed well during the combine. Bridgewater has gone in the other direction as he did not throw at the combine, and has shown poorly in the private workouts. There are major red flags about his size, deep ball accuracy and his attitude. The newer mocks have him dropping out of the top ten....and Boomer Esiason now has him ranked 4th best QB in the current class. This is not smokescren IMO, teams have the complete picture now and Bridgewater is not as good as advertised. Scouts and evaluators catch up quickly....message boards are another story.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140410/2014-nfl-mock-draft-sammy-watkins-mike-evans/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/20140411/nfl-boomer-top-5-qb-draft.sportsillustrated/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a difference between what analysts think/what teams are saying and what they actually believe. I think on May 8th we’ll see that most of this is overblown and he’ll be in the top 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Average wonderlick score 20.  Slip sliding away!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aunt Jemima may drop out of the first round completely now.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Brigewater has quickly become the player to stay away from.  I think Bortles may end up being the “safe” pick in this draft for those that desire a QB.  Hopefully another team is fool enough to fall for the positives coming out of the Manziel camp.  He’s kryptonite as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/12/bridgewaters-agent-responds-to-report-of-shaky-workouts/Pure smoke...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aunt Jemima may drop out of the first round completely now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeMAnyways, I don't know about out of the first round completely considering he's still regarded as the most NFL ready QB prospect, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 7, but I'm firmly on the Manziel train.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Bortles at least has some upside.  Bridgewater is a sinking balloon at a time when you need to do just the opposite and Manziel should change his name to Womanziel as he is not built for the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m firmly on the Manziel train.

Me too.  Honestly, I don't see how any Bucs fan who enjoys the game and wants to win doesn't want Manziel as their starting QB.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I'm firmly on the Manziel train.

Me too.  Honestly, I don't see how any Bucs fan who enjoys the game and wants to win doesn't want Manziel as their starting QB.

Honestly it's because he's not going to be a good NFL QB.  Think Tebow with a wee bit more of an upside, just enough to tease but never really succeed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More upside than Tebow?  They need to trade up right now to the first overall pick and get Manziel.  This guy is going to be the greatest NFL QB of all time.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

More upside than Tebow?  They need to trade up right now to the first overall pick and get Manziel.  This guy is going to be the greatest NFL QB of all time.

Ok Larry.  Not a very big statement or anything.  I can only really get on here on the weekends but I'll be happy to track his "greatness" on here as it progresses through his career. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough.  I think Manziel will be great.I don't want Bridgewater simply because he looks too much like Aunt Jemima I'm racist.

Fixed it for ya.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough.  I think Manziel will be great.I don't want Bridgewater simply because he looks too much like Aunt Jemima I'm racist.

Fixed it for ya.

Perfect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they select this rag-arm in the first round I’ll have a freakin’ meltdown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m racist.

That's your problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm firmly on Manziel's crotch.

Me too. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/12/bridgewaters-agent-responds-to-report-of-shaky-workouts/Bridgewater only had one private workout according to his agent and they received "simply amazing and sharp" feedback. Someone is trying to help Bridgewater slide.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater has only had 1 private workout?  bull.  His agent is doing damage control.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Calling Bridgewater Aunt Jemima does make my Racism Radar go off , I must admit, lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/12/bridgewaters-agent-responds-to-report-of-shaky-workouts/Bridgewater only had one private workout according to his agent and they received "simply amazing and sharp" feedback. Someone is trying to help Bridgewater slide.

Obvious smokescreening . I'm thinking it's the Vikings doing this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So should he be called Aunt Teddy or Jemima Bridgewater? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vikings want Manziel.  That’s why Zimmer made public comments about JFF maybe not being totally focused on football and treating his pro day like a spectacle. If he really thought that he would keep it to himself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they want any of the top 3 to fall to them .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough.  I think Manziel will be great.I don't want Bridgewater simply because he looks too much like Aunt Jemima.

You crack me up java. Things are so much better with you around here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough.  I think Manziel will be great.I don't want Bridgewater simply because he looks too much like Aunt Jemima.

You crack me up java. Things are so much better with you around here.

Thanks man!  Most others would agree, they just don't want to admit it.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s Cleveland. They want him to fall down to #26 so they can possibly get him and Watkins IMO. I’d still take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they select this rag-arm in the first round I'll have a freakin' meltdown.

I feel sorry for the regimes that draft any of these QB’s in the 1st round, none are worthy of being drafted before the late 2nd IMO. I especially will feel bad for the fools that take Bridgewater…..kid has bust written all over him and is barely worth a look in the 5th. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys have no clue what those three qb’s will do in the nfl.Agenda driven crap, all because you'd rather glennon start, or don't want manziel drafted.You expect manning or brady, or you won't draft them? Give me a break.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe Bortles and maybe Manziel in the first.  Carr in the second.  All others three or worse.  Bridgewater will be a bust.  I cant give you #’s or stats as to why I feel that way, just my gut!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys have no clue what those three qb's will do in the nfl.Agenda driven crap, all because you'd rather glennon start, or don't want manziel drafted.You expect manning or brady, or you won't draft them? Give me a break.

Ive watched enough football in my 38+ years that I’m comfortable making a logical comparison with this QB class, so there is no agenda other than not wanting my team to make a poor draft choice with the 7th overall selection. What I see is: Bortles (Carson Palmer), Manziel (Mike Vick), Bridgewater (Tim Couch) as a ceiling with this projected 1st round class. Why waste a 1st round pick on that when we have at least a wash already on the team: Glennon (Rivers), McCown (Deberg)?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm firmly on Manziel's crotch.

Me too. 

Quite the revelation!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys have no clue what those three qb's will do in the nfl.Agenda driven crap, all because you'd rather glennon start, or don't want manziel drafted.You expect manning or brady, or you won't draft them? Give me a break.

Ive watched enough football in my 38+ years that I'm comfortable making a logical comparison with this QB class, so there is no agenda other than not wanting my team to make a poor draft choice with the 7th overall selection. What I see is: Bortles (Carson Palmer), Manziel (Mike Vick), Bridgewater (Tim Couch) as a ceiling with this projected 1st round class. Why waste a 1st round pick on that when we have at least a wash already on the team: Glennon (Rivers), McCown (Deberg)?

In those 38 years you appear to have watched about 4 football games if those are the comparisons you are gonna make.  Watch more football and come back when you actually understand the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm firmly on the Manziel train.

Honestly it's because he's not going to be a good NFL QB.  Think Tebow with a wee bit more of an upside, just enough to tease but never really succeed.

I will gladly take a 2:1 TD:TO ratio and a playoff appearance in Manziel’s first year as a starter. My standards are low though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ive watched enough football in my 38+ years that I'm comfortable making a logical comparison with this QB class, so there is no agenda other than not wanting my team to make a poor draft choice with the 7th overall selection. What I see is: Bortles (Carson Palmer), Manziel (Mike Vick), Bridgewater (Tim Couch) as a ceiling with this projected 1st round class. Why waste a 1st round pick on that when we have at least a wash already on the team: Glennon (Rivers), McCown (Deberg)?

In those 38 years you appear to have watched about 4 football games if those are the comparisons you are gonna make.  Watch more football and come back when you actually understand the game.

Guess again junior, I could rattle off multiple comparisons of each…..but none would be anything other than a bunch of JAGs, which is all this QB class is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Palmer is JAG? Vick, as much as I dislike him, isn’t JAG. Nor is Rivers.  DeBerg even in his time wasn’t. The only bad name dropped on that list is Couch. So, yeah that statement alone says you don’t know football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Palmer is JAG? Vick, as much as I dislike him, isn't JAG. Nor is Rivers.  DeBerg even in his time wasn't. The only bad name dropped on that list is Couch. So, yeah that statement alone says you don't know football.

My point still eludes you. None of those guys are franchise QBs, at least not what my definition of a franchise QB is.  Yes, some have had a decent amount of success, but they are not a John Elway…..which is what I’d like our franchise to finally have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well but Elway is an HoFer. You can win with the sub HOF types like Romo, McNabb, Rivers and their ilk. Those are guys that you can build around. No, I don’t see a Elway level prospect but then again I’ve seen one in the last 20 years so unless you want to hit the pause button for a few decades you’d better lower your expectations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well but Elway is an HoFer. You can win with the sub HOF types like Romo, McNabb, Rivers and their ilk. Those are guys that you can build around. No, I don't see a Elway level prospect but then again I've seen one in the last 20 years so unless you want to hit the pause button for a few decades you'd better lower your expectations.

Then consider my pause button engaged. Use what’s already on the roster or go get a guy in the 3rd round or later to build around and save the 7th overall for a more sure thing. A miss at 7 on a lineman or WR is far less damaging long term  than a miss on a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm still nuzzled in Raheem's groin.  It's nice and cozy.

That's redundant information, but if you feel the need to share it again, that's all on you.

both weak and typical......but a prime example of why you're on your 10th alias.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm still nuzzled in Raheem's groin.  It's nice and cozy.

That's redundant information, but if you feel the need to share it again, that's all on you.

both weak and typical......but a prime example of why you're on your 10th alias.

Exactly. I'm wondering how long until the ban.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For doing the exact same thing Hate did one post before mine?    Uh huh…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For doing the exact same thing Hate did one post before mine?    Uh huh...

Correct me if I'm wrong. But has Hate been banned before? Has he had to use multiple accounts? Is he a blatant racist? Homophobe?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no, no, yes, yes

yea, that's me.....a racist and homophobe. Just when i think you couldn't make yourself look like more of an ass, you raise the bar.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Palmer definitely was close to becoming a franchise QB before that nasty knee injury in the playoffs. And I see nothing wrong with having a player who would perform like Rivers on this team, who I consider a franchise QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no, no, yes, yes

Oh...those must have been your answers to the following:1. Were you late for your Klan's meeting last night?2. Are you capable of going a single day in your life without fantasizing about Gruden or Tebow? 3. Are you a blatantly racist asshole? 4. Are you going to get banned YET again, only to create your umpteenth account and high-five your like minded buddy Skull?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yea, that's me.....a racist and homophobe.

If you say so. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LadyboyHunter, when you turn 21, you should have a beer.    You need to chill.

I'm having a cold one now while watching the Masters. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is that non-alcoholic beer anyway?    I’ve never tried it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Banning another Java alias won’t do much good. We will just be right back to posting with another account. If one wants to post on here badly enough, there really is noway of stopping them…other than not allowing the creation of new accounts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dogfish Head 120 Minute. Excellent beer buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Banning another Java alias won't do much good. We will just be right back to posting with another account. If one wants to post on here badly enough, there really is noway of stopping them...other than not allowing the creation of new accounts.

It's actually sad. I almost feel sorry for him that his life is that pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Banning another Java alias won't do much good. We will just be right back to posting with another account. If one wants to post on here badly enough, there really is noway of stopping them...other than not allowing the creation of new accounts.

It's like me wanting to attend a Klan meeting. Why would you wanna be somewhere you aren't wanted?

Please wait…

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.