Viewing 135 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Mayock: Concerns over Teddy Bridgewater’s ability to be the face of a franchiseBy Bryan Rose    SI.comMay 1, 2014teddy_zps69400e7f.jpgTeddy Bridgewater has seen his stock plummet in recent weeks. (Luke Sharrett/SI) NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock is one of many analysts who have continued to push Teddy Bridgewater down in their mock drafts, and on Thursday, Mayock revealed why he isn’t overly excited about the former Louisville quarterback. Questions have loomed regarding Bridgewater’s skillset, but it seems as if the pundit has concerns about Bridgewater’s metal fortitude as well, pondering if the signal caller can be the face of a franchise.  “What I’m hearing is two things. No. 1, when we saw him throw live we didn’t see arm strength and didn’t see accuracy. No. 2, when you draft a quarterback in the first round you expect him to be the face of your franchise, you expect him to embrace the moment. I think people had some concerns about whether or not this young man is ready to step up and be the face of a franchise.” A quarterback drafted in the late first or possibly even second round doesn’t carry the same expectations of one selected in the top 10, so slipping a bit may not be the worst thing for Bridgewater. The Cleveland Browns are rumored to be interested in Bridgewater if he falls to the 26th selection.53191f0c-83f8-4a39-b472-a903e053ee9b_zps867c1bb8.gif647ceb93-2a9b-4229-93b0-fa7631b1e879_zps967e7f65.gifcccde643-3f13-4508-9336-20ff456c08d7_zps5a670fda.gif7d6dbb7c-7ec0-410b-9741-6c27d5952957_zps5574f568.gifdf6369ac-2ad8-40de-9c8d-9e4548190b4a_zps84eae97c.gif7b46013f-2cd4-48b9-9811-15a31a4ff844_zps10baea92.gif6bd51403-8825-4396-8e9e-d87053a04b91_zps0f4ae559.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t understand this. Teddy was the unquestioned leader in Louisville. Everyone went to his cadence, he had full control over that pro style offense and did it extremely well. That offense functioned at a high level in no small part to him. He was loved by fans, coaches and players in Louisville. He is a quiet and reserved person off the field, based on what I've seen he has no trouble being the guy on the football field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right or wrong, this has been my issue with him all along. He just seems to lack “it”…..and having been down this road just recently, i’m not ready to go down it again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Frankly you look at these comments, the things on Carr not being a guy you’d have a beer with and wonder just WTF are these people babbling about? It also gives you insights into how teams blow so many high picks because if this crap is seriously part of the discussion….well there’s not much to say.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles seems to be the only one of the bunch with the leadership quality that the Bucs have been lacking.  The rest all have severe questions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't understand this. Teddy was the unquestioned leader in Louisville. Everyone went to his cadence, he had full control over that pro style offense and did it extremely well. That offense functioned at a high level in no small part to him. He was loved by fans, coaches and players in Louisville. He is a quiet and reserved person off the field, based on what I've seen he has no trouble being the guy on the football field.

Yea this is true but it doesn't matter because mike mayok didn't like his pro day and that's what really matters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right or wrong, this has been my issue with him all along. He just seems to lack "it".....and having been down this road just recently, i'm not ready to go down it again.

You referring to Glennon or Freeman?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right or wrong, this has been my issue with him all along. He just seems to lack "it".....and having been down this road just recently, i'm not ready to go down it again.

...but this is stupid. Seriously, sorry. "It" doesn't exist. "It" is an excuse when you don't have anything else to say but just want to not like someone. I can claim anyone has "it" and you can't disprove "it". You might as well say you dislike his chi or his chakras are all wrong. Frankly, Freeman's lack of "it" wasn't his problem.  His problem was he was dumb, he was inaccurate and he lacked strong QB fundamentals in his mechanics.  All things that were evident from watching his college game. People like you thought he had "it" because he beat Texas twice back when that mattered. That proved he had "it" .... Or maybe he was a Baller.  Not sure,maybe the smart guys can explain the difference between having "it" and being a Baller.. Is one more vital than the other? Or is "it" a subset of your Baller-dom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw him on ESPN yesterday.  Teddy showed me more personality in 5 minutes than 5 showed me in 5 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...but this is stupid. Seriously, sorry. "It" doesn't exist. "It" is an excuse when you don't have anything else to say but just want to not like someone. I can claim anyone has "it" and you can't disprove "it". You might as well say you dislike his chi or his chakras are all wrong. Frankly, Freeman's lack of "it" wasn't his problem.  His problem was he was dumb, he was inaccurate and he lacked strong QB fundamentals in his mechanics.  All things that were evident from watching his college game. People like you thought he had "it" because he beat Texas twice back when that mattered. That proved he had "it" .... Or maybe he was a Baller.  Not sure,maybe the smart guys can explain the difference between having "it" and being a Baller.. Is one more vital than the other? Or is "it" a subset of your Baller-dom.

Yes to all of this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In Freaking Deed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Frankly you look at these comments, the things on Carr not being a guy you'd have a beer with and wonder just WTF are these people babbling about?

I think he's a big Jesus freak so may not be the type to cut back and have a beer with but the league is full of Jesus freaks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beer is important.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Frankly you look at these comments, the things on Carr not being a guy you'd have a beer with and wonder just WTF are these people babbling about?

I think he's a big Jesus freak so may not be the type to cut back and have a beer with but the league is full of Jesus freaks.

He reminds me of Trent Dilfer.  Kind of a soft, simple type that doesn't really inspire anyone.  He would be the biggest mistake for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is like arguing which flavor of ice cream is best.  Everyone likes a different one. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is like arguing which flavor of ice cream is best.  Everyone likes a different one.

I would have gone with imported or domestic... but, yeah.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have gone with imported or domestic... but, yeah.

Male mine an IPA every time!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This topic has no tread left on the tires.The over extended 'analysis' due to the long break between the combine and the draft is ridiculous.I am actually sick of reading about players at this point..Goodell really needs to look at un-fecking this timing issue... 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I started a similar thread a day or two ago… in the form of a question as to why this matters.It didn't really sink in... But, do you remember Freeman doing any commercials while he was here?  Maybe a PSA, but I don't remember any.  Do you?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZXJggFans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just scouts badmouthing him to get him to where they pick that’s all this is all smoke.he’s not falling past the first round

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 and if he was talking about Glennon, well I dont know if Glennon has "it" or not, but I do know if he had the mobility of even Bridewater than we wouldnt even be considering drafting a QB right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayock says that he isn’t rising to the moment, for some reason, his best games where the biggest games. This year vs Miami and last year vs. Florida. Bowl games against very good competition and he killed it both years. How much more leadership do you want? He wants an entertainer, someone who makes you smile. I want a damn good QB, i could care less how many jokes he cracks off the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This topic has no tread left on the tires.The over extended 'analysis' due to the long break between the combine and the draft is ridiculous.I am actually sick of reading about players at this point..Goodell really needs to look at un-fecking this timing issue...

The fact that we are still talking is all Goodell cares about. He wants more "mind space" for the league. Talking, good or I'll gives that to him. I'm afraid that the quasi-frenzy will actually work to keep it later. The only thing that could go the other way is if the teams push to have it move back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayock says that he isn't rising to the moment, for some reason, his best games where the biggest games. This year vs Miami and last year vs. Florida. Bowl games against very good competition and he killed it both years. How much more leadership do you want? He wants an entertainer, someone who makes you smile. I want a damn good QB, i could care less how many jokes he cracks off the field.

He's not cute enough either. You have to be a stud muffin. I think thats the "it" factor people are looking for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayock says that he isn't rising to the moment, for some reason, his best games where the biggest games. This year vs Miami and last year vs. Florida. Bowl games against very good competition and he killed it both years. How much more leadership do you want? He wants an entertainer, someone who makes you smile. I want a damn good QB, i could care less how many jokes he cracks off the field.

Yeah, I haven't heard anyone say he doesn't play well enough against good teams. It seems the most criticism I heard of him during the season was he didn't pile up 500 yards against the bad teams.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

He's not cute enough either. You have to be a stud muffin. I think thats the "it" factor people are looking for.

Im with yal.  Everyone has lost their mind.  Bridge is just a different guy and folks are not comfortable with that.  People now days even in real life are caught up in how pretty your resume is, or how well you interview for the job, when the real question being can they even really do the job at all.  That's the problem with bridge, maybe he don't interview well and all that stuff, but can he actually do the job?, of course he can.  What is really shocking to me is not how he is falling, but all the people that is buying into all this nonsense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...but this is stupid. Seriously, sorry. "It" doesn't exist. "It" is an excuse when you don't have anything else to say but just want to not like someone. I can claim anyone has "it" and you can't disprove "it". You might as well say you dislike his chi or his chakras are all wrong.

Another instance where we'll agree to disagree....and i'll say that without calling your take stupid. People far knowledgable than you and I acknowledge that some players have "it" while some don't. For some, it's tangible, some intangible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im with yal.  Everyone has lost their mind.  Bridge is just a different guy and folks are not comfortable with that.  People now days even in real life are caught up in how pretty your resume is, or how well you interview for the job, when the real question being can they even really do the job at all.  That's the problem with bridge, maybe he don't interview well and all that stuff, but can he actually do the job?, of course he can.  What is really shocking to me is not how he is falling, but all the people that is buying into all this nonsense.

That sounds like a Freeman scouting report from years ago.  And that is the problem.  I agree with HATE on this one, dude is milk toast. I want a QB that is not scared to grab a WR  buy the collar, and say get with it.  Maybe if Freeman was more like that, Mike would of turned out better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes to all of this.

Amen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That sounds like a Freeman scouting report from years ago.  And that is the problem.  I agree with HATE on this one, dude is milk toast. I want a QB that is not scared to grab a WR  buy the collar, and say get with it.  Maybe if Freeman was more like that, Mike would of turned out better.

How do you know that's not him? Teddy's off the field personality reminds me of Eli Manning. Very quiet, doesn't seem shy, just doesn't seem like he wants or needs to talk to the media. Just does his job. The idea is that you need a leader at QB. Most agree it's a good thing. The perception recently is that to be a leader you need to talk louder than anyone else, you need to stand up and draw attention to yourself. We seemingly have forgotten that there are many types of leaders and how you lead matters very little as long as the men follow you on the field.My personal stance has always been, if you're good, you need not tell anyone, they'll already know. The quiet confident type have always appealed to me. It doesn't matter what you say about me, because I know myself and i know what i can do. That is the kind of leader people need. Rah rah is just that, talk, one thing and one thing only demands respect in the NFL, and that's lining up doing your job damn well. All the rest is fluff and all that fluff is the reason Teddy is not the consenus #1 QB anymore and has been dropped, by Mayock, to 5th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Frankly you look at these comments, the things on Carr not being a guy you'd have a beer with and wonder just WTF are these people babbling about? It also gives you insights into how teams blow so many high picks because if this crap is seriously part of the discussion....well there's not much to say.

This says it all, doesn't it? It's how teams use a 1 on Tebow because he's a "winner," or how Sanchez goes high despite a single year of play because "he's the guy the other QBs in the draft would give the car keys to." If you go back and read a lot of draft stories, it's amazing how stupid teams are. Here's a good one I heard just yesterday:- The night before the 2001 draft, the Browns are decided. If Richard Seymour is there, they are taking him. In the morning, Butch Davis, reverses course, and takes Gerard Warren because he remembers him fondly from recruiting him to Miami.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do you know that's not him? Teddy's off the field personality reminds me of Eli Manning. Very quiet, doesn't seem shy, just doesn't seem like he wants or needs to talk to the media. Just does his job. The idea is that you need a leader at QB. Most agree it's a good thing. The perception recently is that to be a leader you need to talk louder than anyone else, you need to stand up and draw attention to yourself. We seemingly have forgotten that there are many types of leaders and how you lead matters very little as long as the men follow you on the field.My personal stance has always been, if you're good, you need not tell anyone, they'll already know. The quiet confident type have always appealed to me. It doesn't matter what you say about me, because I know myself and i know what i can do. That is the kind of leader people need. Rah rah is just that, talk, one thing and one thing only demands respect in the NFL, and that's lining up doing your job damn well. All the rest is fluff and all that fluff is the reason Teddy is not the consenus #1 QB anymore and has been dropped, by Mayock, to 5th.

Fair points. But many teams agreed he was terrible in combine interviews. If it was one or two teams, you could blow that off as smoke. But it was pretty much every team he interviewed with.  And these guys conducting the interviews know what they are doing, they have been in the league many years. So, my point is, when exactly does this quiet leadership surface? It probably would of been a good idea to break out a little bit of a that quiet leadership in the interviews, no?  After all,  there you are, facing your future employers, that are ready and willing to pay you millions of dollars. It might have been a good idea on Teddy's part, to show a little more reason for teams to take a flyer on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Indeed....and THIS is why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles seems to be the only one of the bunch with the leadership quality that the Bucs have been lacking.  The rest all have severe questions.

Manziel is a leader.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is a leader that likes to blaze up whenever he gets a chance and is more enamored with being famous than he is with football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still want Teddy at #7 and I doubt he’s going to fall as much as everyone is saying. He had a bad pro day? So fucking what? If people really want to judge him off one stupid day that doesn’t mean shit, be my guest. I’d rather look at his actual game film.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Frankly you look at these comments, the things on Carr not being a guy you'd have a beer with and wonder just WTF are these people babbling about? It also gives you insights into how teams blow so many high picks because if this crap is seriously part of the discussion....well there's not much to say.

I am assuming he is talking about Carr being a bit of a Jesus freak, and non drinker. Should that play into a draft day decision? I will let the GM's make that call. That is why they get the big bucks, and can get fired tomorrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still want Teddy at #7 and I doubt he's going to fall as much as everyone is saying. He had a bad pro day? So **CENSORED**ing what? If people really want to judge him off one stupid day that doesn't mean **CENSORED**, be my guest. I'd rather look at his actual game film.

Yeah I don't see how he could slide to the 2nd. I just dont see it. I think people just wrongly compare him as a Geno Smith type player, and that scares draft pundits after seeing how terrible Geno was this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair points. But many teams agreed he was terrible in combine interviews. If it was one or two teams, you could blow that off as smoke. But it was pretty much every team he interviewed with.  And these guys conducting the interviews know what they are doing, they have been in the league many years. So, my point is, when exactly does this quiet leadership surface? It probably would of been a good idea to break out a little bit of a that quiet leadership in the interviews, no?  After all,  there you are, facing your future employers, that are ready and willing to pay you millions of dollars. It might have been a good idea on Teddy's part, to show a little more reason for teams to take a flyer on him.

Well I don't know. I guess, in theory, it shows up on the field. I do understand what your saying, it just seems like it gets to the point where teams try to find reasons not to take a guy. There's no doubt in my mind that people didn't or wouldnt come away unimpressed with him. Anytime i've heard him speak I was always left wanting more. I guess the question is does that matter or will it matter and how much. I don't believe it'll hinder him being the best QB he can be, I think we would all like a Manning or Brady who' will throw you off the field himself if you aren't giving it your all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt he's going to fall as much as everyone is saying.

I think the same thing. I think he still goes in the top half of the first round and wouldn't be surprised if he's still a top five pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still want Teddy at #7 and I doubt he's going to fall as much as everyone is saying. He had a bad pro day? So **CENSORED**ing what? If people really want to judge him off one stupid day that doesn't mean **CENSORED**, be my guest. I'd rather look at his actual game film.

Maybe we should trade down to the mid teens and take what comes to us. The best guard available, Erbon or Teddy if he falls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I don't see how he could slide to the 2nd. I just dont see it. I think people just wrongly compare him as a Geno Smith type player, and that scares draft pundits after seeing how terrible Geno was this year.

If he somehow fell to the 2nd and we took Evans with our 1st, I would be the happiest guy alive. Although I would be pretty pissed at the time if we passed on Teddy at #7. Wayyy too risky to hope he falls to #38.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we should trade down to the mid teens and take what comes to us. The best guard available, Erbon or Teddy if he falls.

I think Mosley could be an option there as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hazard a comment that Russell Wilson’s personality is much akin to Bridgewaters. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea…I also am not buying the “it” stuff. People can change what factors an “it” player has or doesn’t have based upon a players individual strengths and weaknesses. Give me something a little more defining than, “___ just has it”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hazard a comment that Russell Wilson's personality is much akin to Bridgewaters.

Hard to say Russell Wilson is overrated seeing as he has a Lombardi in his second season but he's been pretty fortunate.  As a league, the NFL has a tendency to overthink the QB position.  There are several ways to skin the cat but the best way today and in 2050 will be to have a hard working, accurate, strong armed QB that can read defenses at the line of scrimmage and has a 3.5 -1 TD to INT ratio or better. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You just described my favorite QB.  (Did you put that bet down on drafting a QB?)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hazard a comment that Russell Wilson's personality is much akin to Bridgewaters.

no freakin way!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair points. But many teams agreed he was terrible in combine interviews. If it was one or two teams, you could blow that off as smoke. But it was pretty much every team he interviewed withAnd these guys conducting the interviews know what they are doing, they have been in the league many years. So, my point is, when exactly does this quiet leadership surface? It probably would of been a good idea to break out a little bit of a that quiet leadership in the interviews, no?  After all,  there you are, facing your future employers, that are ready and willing to pay you millions of dollars. It might have been a good idea on Teddy's part, to show a little more reason for teams to take a flyer on him.

You don't know this - "every team."  Would that be like the reports that he was struggling with all his private workouts (Chris Mortenson), when he had only gone through one? These guys conducting the interviews include clowns like Dennis Hickey and Jeff Ireland. They include people who thought Ryan Leaf was a great choice. Are we really sure how many of them are good at this job? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no freakin way!!!

I would agree with Hate on this one. Wilson went to high school with my neighbor's daughter, and he's not nearly as reserved based on what I've seen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair points. But many teams agreed he was terrible in combine interviews. If it was one or two teams, you could blow that off as smoke. But it was pretty much every team he interviewed withAnd these guys conducting the interviews know what they are doing, they have been in the league many years. So, my point is, when exactly does this quiet leadership surface? It probably would of been a good idea to break out a little bit of a that quiet leadership in the interviews, no?  After all,  there you are, facing your future employers, that are ready and willing to pay you millions of dollars. It might have been a good idea on Teddy's part, to show a little more reason for teams to take a flyer on him.

You don't know this - "every team."  Would that be like the reports that he was struggling with all his private workouts (Chris Mortenson), when he had only gone through one? These guys conducting the interviews include clowns like Dennis Hickey and Jeff Ireland. They include people who thought Ryan Leaf was a great choice. Are we really sure how many of them are good at this job?

Well, I thought it was pretty well documented the majority of his combine interviews were less than stellar.And Hickey and Ireland have high positions with NFL teams, as we type away on message boards.  Just sayin.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no freakin way!!!

I would agree with Hate on this one. Wilson went to high school with my neighbor's daughter, and he's not nearly as reserved based on what I've seen.

Agree, those 2 are like night and day.  On a related note Russell just filed for divorce, I hope she doesn't take him for too much. At least he made the move before signing his megadeal that is coming soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What if this kid takes a Geno Smith-like slide and is there for us at #40-whatever-it-is? That would be great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no freakin way!!!

Agree, those 2 are like night and day.  On a related note Russell just filed for divorce, I hope she doesn't take him for too much. At least he made the move before signing his megadeal that is coming soon.

Smart of him to dump his snow bunny in advance of his big deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no freakin way!!!

Very intelligent man!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too many people concerned with things that dont matter. The best offense has 11 players doing their job on a football field. If you are trying to find the best 11 interviews you could end up with a really bad offense.Still a non-issue for me. I like him. And the "it" factor is not an issue. Freeman sucked at reading defenses calling hot reads and protections and those types of issues.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see a lot of similar issues with Bridgewater that we had with Freeman….minus the pills.I think hes gonna have some major issues in the huddle getting 300 lb "men" to hustle and to respect him. I think hes gonna be very soft spoken, humble, and uneasy as a leaderI think many in the NFL is starting to see this as well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see a lot of similar issues with Bridgewater that we had with Freeman....minus the pills.I think hes gonna have some major issues in the huddle getting 300 lb "men" to hustle and to respect him. I think hes gonna be very soft spoken, humble, and uneasy as a leaderI think many in the NFL is starting to see this as well

Oddly no one saw this in college. All his teammates said he was the leader.  You know what 300 lbs guys respect? Production,guys who produce are leaders in the NFL. We keep coming back to people not arguing with the film but making claims out of thin air.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not strong enough to last in the NFL for very long.  He looks like an injury to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oddly no one saw this in college. All his teammates said he was the leader.  You know what 300 lbs guys respect? Production,guys who produce are leaders in the NFL. We keep coming back to people not arguing with the film but making claims out of thin air.

agree. He might not be the best guy to host SNL, but he hasn’t shown to have trouble leading a football team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's not strong enough to last in the NFL for very long.  He looks like an injury to me.

if he wasn’t phased by an illegal hit from Jon bostic, he should be fine

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t think he has missed one NFL start

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see a lot of similar issues with Bridgewater that we had with Freeman....minus the pills.I think hes gonna have some major issues in the huddle getting 300 lb "men" to hustle and to respect him. I think hes gonna be very soft spoken, humble, and uneasy as a leaderI think many in the NFL is starting to see this as well

Nate Newton was on NFLN and expressed this exact concern about Manziel. He spoke on Aikman's 6'4 230 lb build and how it commanded respect. Said he'd have difficulty in the huddle with Manziel because he comes across as a kid. As much as some on this board try to dismiss it, an NFL QB has to be a leader of men. I believe the concern exists and it'll be fun to watch it unfold.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nate Newton was on NFLN and expressed this exact concern about Manziel. He spoke on Aikman's 6'4 230 lb build and how it commanded respect. Said he'd have difficulty in the huddle with Manziel because he comes across as a kid. As much as some on this board try to dismiss it, an NFL QB has to be a leader of men. I believe the concern exists and it'll be fun to watch it unfold.

and all of the questions would disappear if he was able to produce consistently

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and all of the questions would disappear if he was able to produce consistently

no doubt about it!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So if a guy is a hair short of 6′ tall then his teammates will view him as a kid? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

after a single practice, i dont think most NFL players care what a guy looks like.  nate newton will follow any QB that wins games.  sure, everyone stereotypes.  but that doesnt last once the pads are put on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So if a guy is a hair short of 6' tall then his teammates will view him as a kid?

He looks like Brick from the Middle.  He could be 7' tall, no one is going to take him seriously when he's high at practice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So if a guy is a hair short of 6' tall then his teammates will view him as a kid?

He looks like Brick from the Middle.  He could be 7' tall, no one is going to take him seriously when he's high at practice.

Now he is a drug addict?  Haven't heard that one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Notice the quotes around "men"  it's not hard to rally a group of college boys who have stars in their eyes. But try telling NFL linemen who have been playing NFL football since you were in high school to move their fat AZZ...If you are soft spoken and humble that's not gonna work. It has nothing to do with size either...I remember the press commenting that Josh seemed to ask his guys to hustle because he was so soft spoken and how they had a hard time respecting him. I think Teddy is gonna face the same problems

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/01/teddy-bridgewater-scouting-2014-nfl-draft/CNNSI's Doug Farrar says trust the tape not the gloveless pro day....31 TDs and 4 ints. "Enough Said"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/01/teddy-bridgewater-scouting-2014-nfl-draft/CNNSI's Doug Farrar says trust the tape not the gloveless pro day....31 TDs and 4 ints. "Enough Said"

If it was just a bad pro day, I would agree.  But, what is the excuse for the Geno type interviews? He wore the wrong socks that day?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link on the interview.    Rumors of aren’t the the same thing.Carr or Bridgewater is going to be a Buc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s incredibly difficult to post a link to rumors that have been twisted and recycled for the past few months. All of that mess has been wildly overplayed. You see anything with him on camera and he interviews just fine. So he isn’t Kevin Hart making every crack up every 10 seconds..and he doesn’t have hilarious tweets and instagram pics of him partying with hot chicks….big deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's incredibly difficult to post a link to rumors that have been twisted and recycled for the past few months. All of that mess has been wildly overplayed. You see anything with him on camera and he interviews just fine. So he isn't Kevin Hart making every crack up every 10 seconds..and he doesn't have hilarious tweets and instagram pics of him partying with hot chicks....big deal.

I see your point. But all the teams that found his interview skills lacking are wrong?  If it was 1 or 2 teams, sure, you could disregard that as smoke. But it was quite a few teams seeing the same thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fwiw, idk if those issues would hinder ted.However, it has to be considered. Otherwise, I think he has very good qb skills.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fwiw, idk if those issues would hinder ted.However, it has to be considered. Otherwise, I think he has very good qb skills.

Well, they sure hindered #5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's incredibly difficult to post a link to rumors that have been twisted and recycled for the past few months. All of that mess has been wildly overplayed. You see anything with him on camera and he interviews just fine. So he isn't Kevin Hart making every crack up every 10 seconds..and he doesn't have hilarious tweets and instagram pics of him partying with hot chicks....big deal.

I see your point. But all the teams that found his interview skills lacking are wrong?  If it was 1 or 2 teams, sure, you could disregard that as smoke. But it was quite a few teams seeing the same thing.

How do we know for a fact that almost every team who interviewed him came away unimpressed? What team reps have come out publically and said that Teddy was unimpressive in sit downs with teams. Not this "multiple teams were unimpressed according to reports" stuff.....that is the rumors I'm speaking of. I've seen nothing concrete from an actual team rep who works for an actual NFL team. Ive just seen rumors from reporters, blogger, columnists, etc. All of which seem to be running and recycling the same story which we have no clue whether or not it is fact or fiction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do we know for a fact that almost every team who interviewed him came away unimpressed? What team reps have come out publically and said that Teddy was unimpressive in sit downs with teams. Not this "multiple teams were unimpressed according to reports" stuff.....that is the rumors I'm speaking of. I've seen nothing concrete from an actual team rep who works for an actual NFL team. Ive just seen rumors from reporters, blogger, columnists, etc. All of which seem to be running and recycling the same story which we have no clue whether or not it is fact or fiction.

Fair points. I will just say I don't have a link, buy my Dad was at the combine, and it was pretty unanimous that Teddy didn't impress with the interviews. He posted about it here, but it was quite some time ago, right after he got home from the combine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B9DA0B42-70A3-4326-8A7D-FC252E638978_zpsft7hoets.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B9DA0B42-70A3-4326-8A7D-FC252E638978_zpsft7hoets.jpg

Damn.  That's scary.  Exact likeness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are teams finding out in the interviews that they don’t like?  He’s not being drafted for pr, he’s being drafted to throw tds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are teams finding out in the interviews that they don't like?  He's not being drafted for pr, he's being drafted to throw tds.

I am surprised a Buc fan would ask that question. Any other fan from another team, I could understand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too much is made of this false connection to freeman. But its a snowball now and it’s rolling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teddy is dating Freeman?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am surprised a Buc fan would ask that question. Any other fan from another team, I could understand.

what exactly did your dad say about teddy b? Can you link his quotes or just repeat them? Thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are teams finding out in the interviews that they don't like?  He's not being drafted for pr, he's being drafted to throw tds.

Didn't Freeman supposedly do pretty well in his combine interviews and visits to other teams...?Way too much is being put into this interview stuff and how relevant it actually is to projecting whether a guy will mentally adjust to the NFL. There should be plenty of evidence to show that he is the anti-Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would be nice if it was that simple Gametime.  Teams draft these guys early, to be the face of the franchise. And that is all about PR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't Freeman supposedly do pretty well in his combine interviews and visits to other teams...?Way too much is being put into this interview stuff and how relevant it actually is to projecting whether a guy will mentally adjust to the NFL. There should be plenty of evidence to show that he is the anti-Freeman.

I could be wrong here, but I don't know if there has ever been a successful NFL QB that wasn't that "A" type personality. Maybe so, but I don't recall any in recent memory. I am 27, so maybe way back in the day there were guys like that.All the great QB's had no problem grabbing a guy by the collar and sayin, straighten the F up rookie. Maybe the Mike Williams situation would have turned out better with a QB like that. Instead on one who thought it was more important to stay home and play with his pet snakes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what exactly did your dad say about teddy b? Can you link his quotes or just repeat them? Thanks.

Its no big secret. The guy was milktoast. He seemed shy, or reserved, or scared, whatever word you want to use. One word answers to questions. And seeming like he was thinking, is this interview over yet ?Some guys are engaging. He is the opposite of that, whatever word describes that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its no big secret. The guy was milktoast. He seemed shy, or reserved, or scared, whatever word you want to use. One word answers to questions. And seeming like he was thinking, is this interview over yet ?Some guys are engaging. He is the opposite of that, whatever word describes that.

as long as he wasnt shy at the whiteboard or film study im cool with it.  hes a football player that doesnt like stuffy rooms and neckties?  who really cares?  if a team is drafting on the best personality or most engaging for pr purposes...well i dont think they will keep their job long.can the guy read a defense?  can he find the hot read?  can he wear gloves in the tampa humidity?  does he love football and the film room?  those are the only 4.5 questions i really care about. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland Browns GM Ray Farmer on Teddy Bridgewater via CNNSI’s MMQB Greg Bedard2. Speaking of Farmer, I thought his answer this week about the perceived slipping of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, especially after a brutal pro day workout, was right on point. “It really comes down to how does he play football?” Farmer said. “The analogy that I keep throwing out is if we went outside and shot basketball and I can’t hit a shot—I just can’t buy a bucket; I can’t make a lay-up; I can’t really dribble; I dribbled off my foot twice; and it’s gone out of bounds—but then every time we play, I score 30, have 10 boards and five steals, do you want me on your team or are you going to pass me because I couldn’t warm up right? That’s the way I look at it. It really comes down to how does a guy play football.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen.  No way in hell will the Browns pick Teddy Shitwater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could be wrong here, but I don't know if there has ever been a successful NFL QB that wasn't that "A" type personality. Maybe so, but I don't recall any in recent memory. I am 27, so maybe way back in the day there were guys like that.All the great QB's had no problem grabbing a guy by the collar and sayin, straighten the F up rookie. Maybe the Mike Williams situation would have turned out better with a QB like that. Instead on one who thought it was more important to stay home and play with his pet snakes.

Coming in as rookies...Joe Flacco and Eli Manning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

as long as he wasnt shy at the whiteboard or film study im cool with it.  hes a football player that doesnt like stuffy rooms and neckties?  who really cares?  if a team is drafting on the best personality or most engaging for pr purposes...well i dont think they will keep their job long.can the guy read a defense?  can he find the hot read?  can he wear gloves in the tampa humidity?  does he love football and the film room?  those are the only 4.5 questions i really care about.

That is all fine, and I respect your opinion.  But for me, the timid part translates to lack of leadership qualities. If it was just about going out there and playing, that is one thing. But these teams are part of a billion dollar business, and they want their starting QB to be the face of the franchise for years to come. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know he doesn't look the part. But Eli talks big time smack. Last season when they played the Cowboys, one of the Cowboys said after the game, I have never seen a 4-6 team talk so much BS. I forget who it was who said it.And Flacco?  He is a huge trash talker. He has come pretty close to blows with Ngata [sp?] and Suggs during ravens practice sessions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is all fine, and I respect your opinion.  But for me, the timid part translates to lack of leadership qualities. If it was just about going out there and playing, that is one thing. But these teams are part of a billion dollar business, and they want their starting QB to be the face of the franchise for years to come.

Not only that, you're about to stroke a huge check to the guy.....you wanna be totally comfortable with him. Not have him walk outta the room leaving you with questions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i get that.  but when you draft like that you get tim tebow leading your team.  and i love tebow.  hes been the QB for Louisville for 3 years now, right?  how come no one has questioned his leadership before?  how come no one thinks hes timid on the field?  doesnt it take leadership to win in college also?or is he a kid who doesnt put in his time at the film room?  does he not like the gym?  is he in and out of practice?  if these are the things that are coming out in interviews, fine.  but if he doesnt like to talk to a guy in a closed door environment?  if hes just not an outgoing person on first meeting?any PR person worth their weight can promote a winner, no matter how boring he is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not only that, you're about to stroke a huge check to the guy.....you wanna be totally comfortable with him. Not have him walk outta the room leaving you with questions.

after watching the guys film, what questions do you have after a suit and tie interview?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i get that.  but when you draft like that you get tim tebow leading your team.  and i love tebow.  hes been the QB for Louisville for 3 years now, right?  how come no one has questioned his leadership before?  how come no one thinks hes timid on the field?  doesnt it take leadership to win in college also?or is he a kid who doesnt put in his time at the film room?  does he not like the gym?  is he in and out of practice?  if these are the things that are coming out in interviews, fine.  but if he doesnt like to talk to a guy in a closed door environment?  if hes just not an outgoing person on first meeting?any PR person worth their weight can promote a winner, no matter how boring he is.

Fair points Gametime. Leading college kids is totally different than commanding respect from world class athletes that may even be a good bit older than you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except that whole leadership thing isn’t in doubt or wasn’t until people started making stuff up:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307451/article/film-room-teddy-bridgewater-primed-to-be-next-great-nfl-qbAlthough there are concerns about his slender build, I watched Aaron Rodgers overcome the same issues coming out of Cal (Rodgers measured 6-2, 205 during his final season with the Golden Bears) to become one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. With Bridgewater displaying similar traits as a playmaker and leader, I believe he should be the crown jewel of the 2014 quarterback classBridgewater always has been mature beyond his years. His parents divorced when he was young, but he never let it affect him. Bridgewater was informed by his mother, Rose Murphy, that she had breast cancer when he was 14, just as he was entering Miami’s Northwestern High School. Bridgewater wanted to quit football to help pay the bills, but his mother never entertained the thought.http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/02/teddy-bridgewater-2014-nfl-draft/After a standout high school career, Bridgewater decided to decommit from the hometown Hurricanes—an extremely unpopular decision in the neighborhood—and go to Louisville. And in an example of his unflinching belief in his own talent, Bridgewater graduated high school early and enrolled at Louisville in the spring to position himself to win the starting job as a freshman. He earned it by the third game, and he never gave it up.Everyone around the program agrees that Bridgewater has the type of infectious personality that naturally draws players to him. There are bound to be some rough patches, but Bridgewater will do what he always does: learn from his mistakes, move on by turning the page, and never make the same mistake twice.http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20121230/columnists/121239997Bridgewater certainly had been a human highlight film as a freshman and a Heisman Trophy darkhorse as a sophomore. But all of that was before Rutgers.Rutgers is why Shawn Watson had trouble getting the words out Saturday.“He makes our world go,” Watson said.Here is where Louisville was. The Cardinals had won their first nine games, but they had one of those hiccups that happen in college football when they were blasted by Syracuse. Then they lost in triple overtime to Connecticut, and they lost their leader.Bridgewater suffered a broken left wrist and a sprained right ankle in the game. He played through both, but had to wear a cast on the wrist after the loss. He still is wearing a brace to keep him from extending his hand too far.And all that was on the line the next week was a berth in a BCS bowl game.Again, I'm not sure what people need in terms of his on-camera persona. Brady is boring as all get out on camera. Brees isn't anything exciting on camera. Rodgers is a drok on camera and so forth. Some said type A and all type A are are workers, not so much extroverts. Teddy is a type A but he's not a media whore unlike certain other prospects.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except that whole leadership thing isn't in doubt or wasn't until people started making stuff up:

It all depends how you view leadership.  If you believe a quiet, low key type of guy can lead a NFL team, that is fine, and maybe he can.But for me, I think the type "A" personality is better suited to be a leader of men.  JMHO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These team owners want a face of the franchise type guy. He needs to play well, have the teams respect. and sell jerseys. and get peeps excited to buy season tickets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except that whole leadership thing isn't in doubt or wasn't until people started making stuff up:

It all depends how you view leadership.  If you believe a quiet, low key type of guy can lead a NFL team, that is fine, and maybe he can.But for me, I think the type "A" personality is better suited to be a leader of men.  JMHO

When you get Brady or Rodgers in front of a camera how much do they sparkle? Are they dynamic front men? No, media facing  isn't about on field demeanor. Joe Montana was about as low key in pressers as you could get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you get Brady or Rodgers in front of a camera how much do they sparkle? Are they dynamic front men? No, media facing  isn't about on field demeanor. Joe Montana was about as low key in pressers as you could get.

Media is another story altogether. I wouldn't care if a player was terrible with the media. Most of them hate the media big time, but they are required to meet with them. Those guys you mentioned, and I would also include Belechick, are big time leaders.  But prefer to give 1 word answers to the media.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

after watching the guys film, what questions do you have after a suit and tie interview?

only the ones doing the interview can answer that questiion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am starting to change my feeling towards Bridge.I think he is ready to rock, and probably knows more about an offense than some three year vets already do.I will love the Bridge pick.  BUt I am still high on JFF.Either or will have me smiling.Bridge knows defenses already.  That is the thing that I love about him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be ecstatic if we got Bridgewater at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater in the 7th round would be ok.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater in the 7th round would be ok.

Someone needs to hold the clipboard for John.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair points Gametime. Leading college kids is totally different than commanding respect from world class athletes that may even be a good bit older than you.

i get that.  but ive always read that NFL players just want to win.  if you go out and produce the players will follow. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i get that.  but ive always read that NFL players just want to win.  if you go out and produce the players will follow.

Well and moreso for NFL players who have less patience for that college rah rah nonsense. The guy in the huddle affects all of their jobs, their pay, so production is what they care about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You sure would not want Aaron Rodgers then. Or Russell Wilson for that matter. Eli won more Superbowls than Payton and Eli is NOT a trash talker. You got some names mixed up. Personally, I prefer the calm and quiet leader who instead of yelling at someone when they goof up, will focus on the next play and address the goof up in a respectful way on the sidelines away from the cameras. THAT is what leadership is about. Respecting your players and treating them like men. That is the recipe for success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know he doesn't look the part. But Eli talks big time smack. Last season when they played the Cowboys, one of the Cowboys said after the game, I have never seen a 4-6 team talk so much BS. I forget who it was who said it.And Flacco?  He is a huge trash talker. He has come pretty close to blows with Ngata [sp?] and Suggs during ravens practice sessions.

Were they that way when they first came into the league? Nope. Are you the same person now at 27 as you were at 21? I'd say there have been some changes and adaptations. Same goes for Eli and Flacco. It has taken time and several seasons and difficult situations that have developed them into the players and seasoned vets that they are today. Coming in as rookies though, they were a lot closer to Bridgewater than they are to the players they are today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s well known around here where I stand on Ted Bridgewater.IF he's there at 7, LnL take him.  I hope all this nonsense about his 'poor interviews' and 'slight stature' get him to our pick.This guy has EVERYTHING you want in a young QB to lead your franchise, is a perfect match for a Tedford offense and with a season to learn behind Josh, the RIGHT way, build up his physique and with a good defense -  it is our best chance to begin building a dynasty.There, I said it.  If he's there and we don't pick him - I will throw the remote at the bartender, cry 1 tear and drink 1 shot (and get kicked out of my friends sports bar... lol)  It WILL however, shake my growing confidence in this regime.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think NFL people tend to etch things in stone far to often and many times those things just aren’t true.  A guy does not need to breathe fire to be a leader.  Anybody that doubts that need only look at our head coach.  Lovie is not a rahrah guy.  You won’t find him standing on a table yelling at people.  He isn’t the coach that is going to throw a cooler at somebody.  Even with Lovie being the more calm and collective type there isn’t a person at OneBuc  that doesn’t know who is in charge.  I would think someone like Manziel would get on Lovie's nerves TBH.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally, I prefer the calm and quiet leader who instead of yelling at someone when they goof up, will focus on the next play and address the goof up in a respectful way on the sidelines away from the cameras. THAT is what leadership is about. Respecting your players and treating them like men. That is the recipe for success.

It sounds more like the recipe for Josh Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Were they that way when they first came into the league? Nope. Are you the same person now at 27 as you were at 21? I'd say there have been some changes and adaptations. Same goes for Eli and Flacco. It has taken time and several seasons and difficult situations that have developed them into the players and seasoned vets that they are today. Coming in as rookies though, they were a lot closer to Bridgewater than they are to the players they are today.

Fair point bro. But its not totally unheard of, for a rookie QB to come to a team and be large and in charge from day one. Players respect that also.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-opinon-on-bridgewater-not-just-based-on-pro-day-20140505/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-opinon-on-bridgewater-not-just-based-on-pro-day-20140505/

I doubt the Bucs ever had Bridge as an option at #7....but I have to believe they would quickly snatch him up at #38, and based upon their grade, they might even look at trading up for him if he were still there past a certain predetermined pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt the Bucs ever had Bridge as an option at #7....but I have to believe they would quickly snatch him up at #38, and based upon their grade, they might even look at trading up for him if he were still there past a certain predetermined pick.

I'm thinking that the needy teams will wait until their second pick... but the run on QBs will begin in the 20s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Article has his size wrong…  Roy ‘surprise’s’ againPlease let it be Thursday. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Article has his size wrong...  Roy 'surprise's' againPlease let it be Thursday.

There are several sources that state that before Teddy's surgery to correct his overbite, that he was at a playing weight that was well over 200lbs. The 6'2" - 215lbs is not water weight, that is what his actual weight is. Watson, his HC while at UL stated recently that Teddy's frame could easily carry 225. The weight issue has grown legs and hopefully due diligence is done by NFL teams on him. Teddy isn't any skinnier than Aaron Rodgers was when he came into the league, same for Alex Smith, same for Matt Ryan. Manziel has a slighter build and will be outside the pocket and will be susceptible to many more hits than Bridgewater will, yet people talk alot more about Bridgewater's size than they do with Manziel..it seems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Article has his size wrong...

Yeah, I find this stuff to be annoying. You have the actual measurements from the combine and pro day, there's no need to alter them to support the premise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That ok.  Roy also has Zack Martin as a real climber in the draft… as a 208lb. OT from Notre Dame.  He may be looked at as a OG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

keep telling yourself that.  Oh lawsee!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are several sources that state that before Teddy's surgery to correct his overbite, that he was at a playing weight that was well over 200lbs. The 6'2" - 215lbs is not water weight, that is what his actual weight is. Watson, his HC while at UL stated recently that Teddy's frame could easily carry 225. The weight issue has grown legs and hopefully due diligence is done by NFL teams on him. Teddy isn't any skinnier than Aaron Rodgers was when he came into the league, same for Alex Smith, same for Matt Ryan. Manziel has a slighter build and will be outside the pocket and will be susceptible to many more hits than Bridgewater will, yet people talk alot more about Bridgewater's size than they do with Manziel..it seems.

Just watched the Caught in the Draft episode from 1984 - Steve Young weighed 198 lb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but that was 30 years ago.  Back then you use to see OLmen in the 260s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On the interview with Bridge, with Steven A and Skip Bayless, he said he came into Louisville at around 150 pounds.  He put on forty pounds by eating a lot of food.  Working out.  He will never be 225, until he retires and lounges by his inground pool with a gut and a grin.He will play around 210ish, IMO.  He is a human coat rack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are several sources that state that before Teddy's surgery to correct his overbite, that he was at a playing weight that was well over 200lbs. The 6'2" - 215lbs is not water weight, that is what his actual weight is. Watson, his OC while at UL stated recently that Teddy's frame could easily carry 225. The weight issue has grown legs and hopefully due diligence is done by NFL teams on him. Teddy isn't any skinnier than Aaron Rodgers was when he came into the league, same for Alex Smith, same for Matt Ryan. Manziel has a slighter build and will be outside the pocket and will be susceptible to many more hits than Bridgewater will, yet people talk alot more about Bridgewater's size than they do with Manziel..it seems.

On the interview with Bridge, with Steven A and Skip Bayless, he said he came into Louisville at around 150 pounds.  He put on forty pounds by eating a lot of food.  Working out.  He will never be 225, until he retires and lounges by his inground pool with a gut and a grin.He will play around 210ish, IMO. He is a human coat rack.

Do you feel the same about Alex Smith? Matt Ryan? Bridgewater isn't any skinnier than those two.... What about Manziel? Is he a human coat rack as well?also..IL: Greg Cosell of NFL Films is a Bridgewater fan, but he’s among those concerned about his size. He said this week that someone at U of L told him Teddy was down to 188 pounds at the end of last season. Is that the case?Watson: Teddy had jaw surgery last January (2013) and he missed winter conditioning, for all intents and purposes. He has been on the makeup track ever since.He had a bad overbite and his jaw was in a bad place. His teeth were a constant problem. He needed to get it fixed to so he could digest his food and really start putting on weight.In 2012, Teddy played the entire season around 218. He was really explosive with his movement in the pocket and as a runner. He’s just now getting back to that.He’s going to need that extra bulk and strength. It’s called endurance strength. Those kids take such a pounding in that league. He’s going to need that for durability. …Teddy can carry 225, easy. He’s a very long guy.http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/sports/thanks-watson-bridgewaters-nfl-prep-anything-elementary/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He better eat those pancakes then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL...He needs to be eating them burgers, fries, eggs, bacon, cheese, ham, steak, potatoes, etc...He admitted himself he came in at 150, and put on a lot of weight by eating and working out.  So if he is rocking 215, he is playing heavy, IMO.  As far as size and Manziel, or whoever, NO.  Their size does not concern me.  Manziel will learn to slide, and he seems to know when to gather himself together for a shot, and do it quickly.  He has never missed a game.  Injury is not an excuse to draft either or.  Injury can happen to dominating guards as a result of little toe injuries.Teddy is a different dude.  He exposes himself "more cleanly" to shots because he is so damn tough, mentally, and undertsamds the process so well, that he is willing to get blowed up to make that pass happen.  You can tell by listening to him, and watching him, the guy gets it.  I have said I am coming around to Ruzpin.  But the guy is a human coatrack.  He is skinny as hell.  Not Jeff Garcia skinny, either.  Garcia was wiry and ripped up.  Shredded.  Hopefully, Bridge has the same sort of physical toughness that Garcia had.  Man, that dude was tough as nails.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And FWIW, would much rather take a chance on Manziel.I don't see Bridge being a superstar.  I think his ceiling is a deluxe game manager.  Not a bad thing at all.But Manzielophiles like myself want to raise the stakes, and see if JFF's game translates smoothly to the NFL.  I think he has work to do, but he has proven a lot already, so I am not betting against this dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL...He needs to be eating them burgers, fries, eggs, bacon, cheese, ham, steak, potatoes, etc...He admitted himself he came in at 150, and put on a lot of weight by eating and working out.  So if he is rocking 215, he is playing heavy, IMO.  As far as size and Manziel, or whoever, NO.  Their size does not concern me.  Manziel will learn to slide, and he seems to know when to gather himself together for a shot, and do it quickly.  He has never missed a game.  Injury is not an excuse to draft either or.  Injury can happen to dominating guards as a result of little toe injuries.Teddy is a different dude.  He exposes himself "more cleanly" to shots because he is so damn tough, mentally, and undertsamds the process so well, that he is willing to get blowed up to make that pass happen.  You can tell by listening to him, and watching him, the guy gets it.  I have said I am coming around to Ruzpin.  But the guy is a human coatrack.  He is skinny as hell.  Not Jeff Garcia skinny, either.  Garcia was wiry and ripped up.  Shredded.  Hopefully, Bridge has the same sort of physical toughness that Garcia had.  Man, that dude was tough as nails.

That can't be automatically said about Manziel that he will learn to slide. His athleticism helped him escape many shots at A&M. He will take many more than he did in college if his reckless running style continues. I see him doing what he did vs. Auburn when he got winded. He is going to give up his body for the score or for extra yardage. He will be very similar to RG3 in that regard. He will be much more susceptible to take shots than Bridgewater will. That's just how it's gonna be. Also, if he has a coat rack frame, then so does Matt Ryan and so does Alex Smith....because both of those guys are 2 inches taller, yet only outweigh Teddy by 3-4lbs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Matty Ice has always looked rail thin to me.  Tom Bradyish.  although, Matty did look like he lifted a bit in the offseason.  Perhaps Ruxpin can do the same.And dude, it is what it is.  I doubt he ever weighed 210 pounds during any point in the season.  I think he hovered around 185ish.  He looks thin, most analysts accept that.  It is what it is.Manziel can learn to slide.  The dude can learn to do anything.  He has already improved in just his pro day showing, showcasing improved footwork, and displaying a cannon deep ball.  That ball would have hit Trindan Holliday in the mitts, much less a monster like Evans.Either or, I am good.  But Bridge's size is more scary to me.  I have explained myself already.Manziel might play 12 years and never miss a game.  Hypotheticals ahoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s one thing for Manziel to show up and put on a rehearsed show for scouts to display footwork, etc. It’s a completely different thing when the bullets start flying and Manziel turns on his “it” factor. He is just as much of a competitor as Bridge is in the terms of taking a shot. He is going to do what it takes to get the most out of play, regardless of the shot he will take. I see him being RG3-like in that regard….only thing is, he is definitely a coat rack in comparison to RG3.

Please wait…

Viewing 135 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.