Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• BP1

Participant

I currently pay $127 per month for the Bright House HD Cable, Internet, Phone Bundle. This is the total cost with everything included. I received an offer in the mail from Verizon Fios for $79.99 per month. Now it also says this does not include taxes, fees, equipment charges, & RSN fee. Does anyone get the Verizon Fios  Bundle and can you give me an idea of the monthly cost? I like the Bright House Start Over and On Demand features, but I’m not sure I want to pay big $$ to keep it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve had a Fios bundle for years. I think my bundle is around 140 with taxes and everything included. I don’t have their top HD plan, I think mine is called Prime, hard to remember because they change their bundles so often. My internet is 60/40 and then the phone service. When thinking about getting Fios the question isn’t about the service itself, it’s great, it’s about their customer service….literally the worst I’ve ever dealt with. To renew six months or so ago they offered us free showtime for a year and HBO at half cost for a year. Every single month for six months we’ve been charged full price for both HBO and Showtime, we’ve had to call and get an account credit each month. We’ve talked to countless “supervisors”, who all promise it will never happen again, and it always does. Great service, unbelievably horrible customer service. I believe the deal you're talking about with Fios also includes a 300 dollar visa gift card. It's just up to you whether or not you want to deal with the nonsense you will definitely deal with once you become a customer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've had a Fios bundle for years. I think my bundle is around 140 with taxes and everything included. I don't have their top HD plan, I think mine is called Prime, hard to remember because they change their bundles so often. My internet is 60/40 and then the phone service. When thinking about getting Fios the question isn't about the service itself, it's great, it's about their customer service....literally the worst I've ever dealt with. To renew six months or so ago they offered us free showtime for a year and HBO at half cost for a year. Every single month for six months we've been charged full price for both HBO and Showtime, we've had to call and get an account credit each month. We've talked to countless "supervisors", who all promise it will never happen again, and it always does. Great service, unbelievably horrible customer service. I believe the deal you're talking about with Fios also includes a 300 dollar visa gift card. It's just up to you whether or not you want to deal with the nonsense you will definitely deal with once you become a customer.

Yes, I read about poor customer service on some of the online reviews. I guess if you are paying $140 I won't be saving a thing by switching. The $79.99 just caught my attention, but it seemed too good to be true. Bright House customer service is okay most of the time. I also get Bay News 9.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also have pretty fast internet and a bunch of channels like Smithsonian etc, that aren’t standard. Depending on how much TV you watch you might be perfectly fine with the channels that are part of the 79.99 plan, just add about 15-20 for tax/fees per month and that’s what you can expect to pay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

6 or 1/2 a dozen. They are both the same .They both will offer a good deal for a year just to get you locked into a contract and then they both have the exact same ripoff prices once the sale expires . The base prices of all cable companies always match identically so I think they collude to keep their base prices high.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve had both and I must say fios was a million times better. Speeds were faster, much more on demand content, and far less issue with glitches like random pixelation. Add in they were cheaper for a greater service, not sure why anyone would stick with bright house.Where I'm at now, they do not have fios. Really wish they did. Instead I have direct tv now so I can get the Sunday ticket. Still would rather have fios without Sunday ticket.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

roku 3

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wished we got Fios in Spring Hill, Florida. We have a lot of problems with Brighthouse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wished we got Fios in Spring Hill, Florida. We have a lot of problems with Brighthouse.

That's how I got turned on to fios. Tired of crappy bright house service.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I currently pay $127 per month for the Bright House HD Cable, Internet, Phone Bundle. This is the total cost with everything included. I received an offer in the mail from Verizon Fios for $79.99 per month. Now it also says this does not include taxes, fees, equipment charges, & RSN fee. Does anyone get the Verizon Fios  Bundle and can you give me an idea of the monthly cost? I like the Bright House Start Over and On Demand features, but I'm not sure I want to pay big $$ to keep it.

Take the 79 dollar deal. I have Fios and used to have Brighthouse. After many years of each I have to say Fios has muchly improved and their speed is lightning fast. we have the bundle and my son's both play two Xboxes while we run two to three computers online. Enjoy...OBD

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I currently pay $127 per month for the Bright House HD Cable, Internet, Phone Bundle. This is the total cost with everything included. I received an offer in the mail from Verizon Fios for $79.99 per month. Now it also says this does not include taxes, fees, equipment charges, & RSN fee. Does anyone get the Verizon Fios  Bundle and can you give me an idea of the monthly cost? I like the Bright House Start Over and On Demand features, but I'm not sure I want to pay big $$ to keep it.

Take the 79 dollar deal. I have Fios and used to have Brighthouse. After many years of each I have to say Fios has muchly improved and their speed is lightning fast. we have the bundle and my son's both play two Xboxes while we run two to three computers online. Enjoy...OBD

Well it seems like it will be more than $79.99 when you add all the other costs. I'm okay with BH service, but figured I could save a few more $$$ with Fios as I'm on a budget. How much are you paying for the triple bundle?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Their internet prices are based on the speeds. Price wise they are close to the same, but you getter better speed and better cable service. Honestly, if you call your service provider and ask how you can lower your bill, they usually find a way to lower it without cutting into your channel packages or internet speed. I used to call once or twice a year and ask this and often got my bill lowered or free/extremely discounted movie channels. They'd rather keep you at a slightly lower price than havering you take you business elsewhere. Many of my friends were often shocked at what I paid and the channels I had as it was often $20-40 cheaper than what they were paying for similar services. Simply state you were thinking of switching and see what they can do to lower your bill.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just call and say you want to cancel.  That’ll put you through to a customer retention department and I’m sure they’ll offer you a lower price to keep you around. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Their internet prices are based on the speeds. Price wise they are close to the same, but you getter better speed and better cable service. Honestly, if you call your service provider and ask how you can lower your bill, they usually find a way to lower it without cutting into your channel packages or internet speed. I used to call once or twice a year and ask this and often got my bill lowered or free/extremely discounted movie channels. They'd rather keep you at a slightly lower price than havering you take you business elsewhere. Many of my friends were often shocked at what I paid and the channels I had as it was often $20-40 cheaper than what they were paying for similar services. Simply state you were thinking of switching and see what they can do to lower your bill.

I haven't paid full price for internet or satellite TV in forever.  Even Sirius, I only pay $25 for 6 month terms.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have had Bright House for years. 4 or 5 years ago their customer service was bad, not bad horrible. But not now. They are now top drawer.Pricing for Bright house allows you to have only the number of boxes you want, you are not required to have one for each TV, that Verizon requires. In our house that would be $35 a  month more. Pricing does depend on internet speed. Internet speed is not always the answer-there are other factors that play into access speed. We had top of the line with BH and there was no real improvement, so we now dropped back 2 levels and so no real difference. We have 2 land lines, but one of them is free the other is $25. One is the office fax which we will have to keep, but are toying with installing one of those connected to a jack in the computer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for all the info everyone. I hope one day I will get to the point in my life where $127 for Bright House will not be a big deal. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t expect reliable apples-to-apples comparisons with quality of service.  You can get a general consensus; however, the quality of the lines run into your neighborhood, the quality & condition of the electronics down the block (in the box), and again, cabling all the way to your equipment will be a factor.  I once had to change carriers because mine would not do proper repairs or upgrades.  They continually blamed the home wiring, which was proven wrong w/ my new service install.  I now always try the option that doesn’t require a contract,  assuming they offer what I need.  You’ve already received some good advice here concerning pricing, how to keep the costs down by asking for it, and not buying excess bandwidth when your equipment is the bottleneck and can’t take advantage of it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FIOS is great for internet. Television, I think they suck. I’ve had repeated issues with their receivers, I have HD channels on my main DVR box that are pixelated or don’t come in at all. I’ve had technicians out multiple times and they’ve replaced everything from coaxial cables to box, to the outlets and it still comes in like shite. If Brighthouse offered a deal today to pay off my Verizon contract and install their crap for free I’d do it – for television.Internet-wise, though, they are FAR superior.

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.