Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Case Keenum – QB – Free Agent
      ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports free agent QB Case Keenum intends to sign with the Broncos.

Yahoo’s Charles Robinson additionally confirmed Schefter’s report that Keenum intends to sign with Denver when free agency opens Wednesday. The Broncos reportedly decided against committing to Kirk Cousins, who would undoubtedly command a player-friendly contract. The Broncos have been linked to Keenum throughout the offseason since the 30-year-old was first signed by Denver senior personnel advisor Gary Kubiak as an undrafted free agent in 2012. Kubiak also coached Keenum during their time in Houston together.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 13 – 1:23 AM

Please wait…

• idliketoproposeatoast

Participant

Now does Case Keenum prevent them from drafting a QB at 5, my guess is they still should take a top guy but they probably won’t, which means it’s likely another position player will be drafted before us

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idliketoproposeatoast
        Mar 13, 18 at 1:49 am #1067160
        Now does Case Keenum prevent them from drafting a QB at 5, my guess is they still should take a top guy but they probably won’t, which means it’s likely another position player will be drafted before us

———
        they drafted QB Paxton Lynch —-you think they’re giving up on him?

Please wait…

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

IMO it depends on which qbs are left at 5. How many of the top 4 do they like?

Please wait…

• SaskBucs

Participant

I bet they still draft a QB at 5 unless the guy/s they want are the ones picked beforehand. As an organization you have to hope Keenum is a worthy stop gap and you won’t be in position the next few years to draft a franchise guy.

I hope that is the case.

Please wait…

• CaptainStagger

Participant

They have to draft a QB In this situation. I’m sure John Elway has a plan on being in the top five again anytime soon, so you better get your future signal color now. You draft a QB and let them compete with case and help the new guy is the next dam Prescott, mehomes, Watson.

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

I think they may go with Nelson now…

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

The QBs in this class are simply not that attractive.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

@Ft Myers Buc Fan

I think they may go with Nelson now…

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Elway likely isn’t affected by the modern sentiment of “Offensive Guard isn’t an important position.” He played behind Mark Schlereth and one of the greatest running games in history, which gave him his two Super Bowls (who had come from the Super Bowl winning Redskins).

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

really hoping we land Jensen.. Jenson allows us to move Marpet to guard, and well have LT, RT, Center, and one guard spot set – if nelson is there then were completely set. if not then its only one spot were missing.

Please wait…

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

This can’t be good news for the Bucs. With Keenum now in Denver, don’t think they’re going QB now. Maybe the QB class just isn’t that exciting. What I’m hearing anyway from sports talk. Hope there’s still a run on them maybe with teams trading up, but if top 5 stays and picks, the pool Bucs like may dwindle quickly. Ugh.

Please wait…

• mgchat76

Participant

Broncos sports radio thinks they’ll either pick Nelson at 5 and get a developmental QB in the 2nd round, or they’ll trade back in the first (Buffalo keeps being mentioned) and take Lamar Jackson.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

If the Giants aren’t sold on a QB, I’m not sure how they pass on Chubb.

Please wait…

• creamsicles

Participant

giants missed out on Norwell, so they may want Nelson there

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I think their D-Line only generates 27 sacks last year. Chubb would be far better value for them at that spot. Not to mention he’s the better prospect.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

DonkeyHunter
      Mar 13, 18 at 12:59 pm #1067319
      I think their D-Line only generates 27 sacks last year. Chubb would be far better value for them at that spot. Not to mention he’s the better prospect.

Who are they giving less time to tho – JPP who had 8.5 sacks, or Vernon who had 6.5 and is highly paid? I still think they have Nelson above Chubb on their board. My family is from NY and are Giants fans – especially my dad. He tells me the BigBlue boards are split between Nelson and QB at pick 2.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Pepsi

Who are they giving less time to tho – JPP who had 8.5 sacks, or Vernon who had 6.5 and is highly paid?

If he’s as good as advertised, it wouldn’t matter. That would be a hell of a rotation though.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

I see NYG board as Barkley – Nelson – QB, but that depends on who CLE takes. If NYG gets their pick of the QBs, they may jump on it, or even try and trade back a spot or two.
      Clearly, theyre getting one of those. Den could easily go Minkah.

I see it as this:
      1. CLE – Barkley
      2. NYG – Nelson
      3. BUF – ¡TRADE! – Darnald
      4. CLE – Rosen
      5. DEN – Fitzpatrick
      6. NYJ – Allen
      7. TB – Bradley F’ing Chubb

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I still think the Giants are going QB and are just putting up a smokescreen unless there’s a ridiculous trade offer. Jets have already been rumored to resigning McCown and going after Bridgewater, so I wouldn’t see them as guaranteed going after a QB.

I just don’t see Chubb falling to us. I’m hoping for the Colts to not want to trade back and we can somehow get the Buffalo trade.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Only issue is, I really think BUF will trade up pre-draft. I do. With that, I wouldn’t take that trade until I’m 100% certain Chubb is unobtainable. If Chubb goes to Indy at 3, Id for sure take it. Otherwise, I’m rolling the dice.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

And as much as Ive thought NYG would go QB, something tells me they wont. At least not at 2.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Only issue is, I really think BUF will trade up pre-draft. I do. With that, I wouldn’t take that trade until I’m 100% certain Chubb is unobtainable. If Chubb goes to Indy at 3, Id for sure take it. Otherwise, I’m rolling the dice.

Solid point.

But, if we pulled that off that trade and walked away with a combination like James/Davenport or Davenport/Hubbard (or Landry) AND picked up Bryan in the 2nd if he fell. My goodness. IMO, that would be a tremendous haul.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Could be. I just don’t buy the Davenport hype. He looks SOOO SLOW to me. I just don’t see the athleticism on tape.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is just setting us up for disappointment (lol), but I guess it could come true:

I see it as this:
      1. CLE – Barkley
      2. NYG – Nelson
      3. BUF – ¡TRADE! – Darnald
      4. CLE – Rosen
      5. DEN – Fitzpatrick
      6. NYJ – Allen
      7. TB – Bradley F’ing Chubb

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Never doubt the magic hate eight ball!

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@SCLOBERNOCKER

Mar 13, 18 at 2:51 pm #1067373
      Could be. I just don’t buy the Davenport hype. He looks SOOO SLOW to me. I just don’t see the athleticism on tape.

Was just throwing it out there. But, you could grab Jackson at corner and go Hubbard with #22. Grab Ejiofor in the 2nd. That should result in 2 new starters on the dline and a starting (and huge upgrade) at corner.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Certainly. 12+22 gives you a lot of options. That said, I don’t think 7 is the target for BUF. They want top 5. Been saying it since they traded Tyrod away, and now moving from 21 to 12 makes it even more realistic. Its top 5 or bust for them.

Please wait…

• Northern Rep

Participant

I don’t think Chubb to the Giants is a foregone conclusion if they pass on a QB.

Their O-line struggled mightily last year and they’re losing their two best lineman in Pugh and Richburg. They’re looking at a line of Chad Wheeler, Jon Halapio, Brett jones, John Jerry, and Erek Flowers. In short they could use an upgrade at every single Oline position.

Also there’s a lot of speculation that Barkley is in play anywhere in the top five including the Giants. Finally DRC is gone and they’ll likely lose Ross Cockrell so secondary needs to be addressed.

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.