Viewing 62 reply threads

• Author

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

We looked much better against the Browns than the Bengals did, especially along the lines of scrimmage.Maybe we really are slowly improving , even though it's not showing up in the win column yet ?

Please wait…

• DanDid

Participant

I was thinking the same thing watching this game last night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We looked much better against the Browns than the Bengals did, especially along the lines of scrimmage.Maybe we really are slowly improving , even though it's not showing up in the win column yet ?

Yes, I think we are. I also think the Bucs were the classic doughnut game for Cleveland. They're a young team and were probably alreadly looking forward to their big matchup with their hated rival. Still, I think at least defensively, the Bucs are playing  a bit better football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every game in the NFL is a separate event. The Bucs beat the Steelers who beat the Ravens who smoked the Bucs. There’s no rhyme or reason why one games goes one way and another goes another way. That’s why they have those big buildings in Las Vegas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every game in the NFL is a separate event. The Bucs beat the Steelers who beat the Ravens who smoked the Bucs. There's no rhyme or reason why one games goes one way and another goes another way. That's why they have those big buildings in Las Vegas.

Non-divisional, non-conference teams probably don't give the Bucs nearly as much game preparation & focus as their twice per year, divisional foes. But hey, at least its something positive to debate for a change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every game in the NFL is a separate event. The Bucs beat the Steelers who beat the Ravens who smoked the Bucs. There's no rhyme or reason why one games goes one way and another goes another way. That's why they have those big buildings in Las Vegas.

Yup. Best we can do is project and predict. That's why I don't gamble anymore, though I've thought about getting back into NBA gambling, solely because I've been pretty good so far at picking lines or over/unders this year. 6-4, though small sample size.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, how many of you would have felt last January, if you had the foresight of a 1-7 record, including reaching milestones for NFL blowouts, bottom of the league in both offense and defense,  that you would be this accepting and content of the current situation?  I would guess zero.  Very interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, how many of you would have felt last January, if you had the foresight of a 1-7 record, including reaching milestones for NFL blowouts, bottom of the league in both offense and defense,  that you would be this accepting and content of the current situation?  I would guess zero.  Very interesting.

I don't see evidence that anyone is content with the team's performance. Quite the contrary based on all of the negative threads since day one of the season. What a find in this thread is trying to find a measuring stick of where this team headed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we might be improving but the Bengals lost because Andy Dalton makes Josh McCown look like Joe Montananever trust a ginger to lead your team, ever

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does a team play with equal efficiency each game or are there ebbs and flows? /rhetoricalThe D is starting to gel as one poster mentioned in previous thread however the O and ST are pretty bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Browns make it to the playoffs and even win a game, is it realistic to think that Manziel could be traded for? The Bucs could offer a early second round pick and Mike Glennon. Glennon with that offensive line would be a real quality backup who could operate in the same system.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Browns make it to the playoffs and even win a game, is it realistic to think that Manziel could be traded for? The Bucs could offer a early second round pick and Mike Glennon. Glennon with that offensive line would be a real quality backup who could operate in the same system.

no no no no no no no

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no no no no no no no

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns had almost as many rushing TDs last night as the Bucs have all half-season long.  Three RB had a TD for the Browns.  Hoyer didn’t even throw for 200 yards.  No TD passes.  Yet, winning that game was never in question.Bucs need to work on that...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns had almost as many rushing TDs last night as the Bucs have all half-season long.  Three RB had a TD for the Browns.  Hoyer didn't even throw for 200 yards.  No TD passes.  Yet, winning that game was never in question.Bucs need to work on that...

it helps when the opposing QB has a complete meltdown

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, the thought process of a simpleton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns had almost as many rushing TDs last night as the Bucs have all half-season long.  Three RB had a TD for the Browns.  Hoyer didn't even throw for 200 yards.  No TD passes.  Yet, winning that game was never in question.Bucs need to work on that...

Also helps to not have to throw to play catchup when the wind is 20MPH...  Bengals missed their Giovani Bernard screen passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also helps to not have to throw to play catchup when the wind is 20MPH...  Bengals missed their Giovani Bernard screen passes.

it was only 14-3 for a long time. I think having throw to move the ball in general was the problem, just like the Bucs. It was a simple and classic case of Oline and Dline of one team being a lot better then the Oline and Dline of the other team. Doesnt help that Dalton is just average either.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

yep we’re going to absolutely destroy the bengals in a couple of weeks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img]http://francisshanahan.com/wp-content/themes/arthemia/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_k3DfRwH2eEA/TNcadYklKeI/AAAAAAAAAHc/2Rf-tHJYcqk/s1600/evil-agent-smith.jpg&w=275&h=100&zc=1&q=100[/img]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no no no no no no no

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

no no no... that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Umm, no, we’re not improving, but nice try. When you work hard at finding ways to lose the game (two missed field goals, a blocked punt, QB missing open WRs, etc.), That’s not my definition of improvement. Hey, Johnny is improving dear because he got 20 out of 100 on his tests for the first several exams, but now he’s getting 50 out of 100. That still is failing and still sucks!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Umm, no, we're not improving, but nice try. When you work hard at finding ways to lose the game (two missed field goals, a blocked punt, QB missing open WRs, etc.), That's not my definition of improvement. Hey, Johnny is improving dear because he got 20 out of 100 on his tests for the first several exams, but now he's getting 50 out of 100. That still is failing and still sucks!

You might want to look up the definition of improvement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, I think we are. I also think the Bucs were the classic doughnut game for Cleveland. They're a young team and were probably alreadly looking forward to their big matchup with their hated rival. Still, I think at least defensively, the Bucs are playing  a bit better football.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had the foresight.  I mentioned on here many times that I think this teams best case scenario is 2-6 at the mid point.  I said it was at best a 3 win team.  If they caught a couple extra lucky breaks, they might hit 5 or 6 wins. But objectively, I thought this teams ceiling was 3-13.  Doesn't mean I'm happy about it, it just means for 6 straight years, I'm smarter than the Buccaneers and I'm not getting paid for it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It depends where we pick. If we are not picking in the top 3 theres a good chance we miss out on winston and Mariota. If so I would do Pepsi's deal for JFF in a heartbeat. I like him better than any qb we could pick in the 2nd round of this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steelers are in the top 10 power rankings. We beat the steelers in their own place. If the internet has taught me anything it means we’re likely one of the 5 best teams in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, it is improving, but only on the defensive side (but not better than schiano’s defense so far).The offense is still in quicksand, and will stay that way until lovie gives up control (and drafts a top qb). Both have to happen to get anywhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You heard it hear first.  If this offense fails to generate any kind of production against one of the worst defenses in football, like I believe is going to happen… I’m thinking 10 points, this defense will quit on Lovie.  Ballgame/season over.  A 1-15 season is guaranteed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You heard it hear first.  If this offense fails to generate any kind of production against one of the worst defenses in football, like I believe is going to happen... I'm thinking 10 points, this defense will quit on Lovie.  Ballgame/season over.  A 1-15 season is guaranteed.

It's good that you said 10 points... otherwise, how would we know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img]http://francisshanahan.com/wp-content/themes/arthemia/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_k3DfRwH2eEA/TNcadYklKeI/AAAAAAAAAHc/2Rf-tHJYcqk/s1600/evil-agent-smith.jpg&w=275&h=100&zc=1&q=100[/img]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

we passed up on Manziel last draft and the Bucs currently rank dead last in offense. Not sure what youre laughing about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

because he’s a moron that thinks Doug Martin is a good RB.  Its all on the OL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we passed up on Manziel last draft and the Bucs currently rank dead last in offense. Not sure what youre laughing about.

And Manziel would have did what for us exactly?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Made the games exciting.  Trade for Johnny Football and hire Jon Football as OC.  Winning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank God that acquiring Manziel absolutely will not happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with others that the Bucs are not going to be 32nd ranked offense two years in a row (it looks like right now) if Manziel was the starting QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^ this ^^We are a 1-7 ball club....and that's the bottom line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we might be improving but the Bengals lost because Andy Dalton makes Josh McCown look like Joe Montananever trust a ginger to lead your team, ever

Imagine having $100 mil invested in THAT guy!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, the thought process of a simpleton.

LOLz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steelers are in the top 10 power rankings. We beat the steelers in their own place. If the internet has taught me anything it means we're likely one of the 5 best teams in the league.

If you subscribe to the logic of the original poster, you'd be correct. Crown our asses!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's 100 mil that guarantees you will never win A big game especially the big game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's 100 mil that guarantees you will never win A big game especially the big game.

I don't know that i've ever seen him have a decent game under the lights and last night's game was horrific, at home no less!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

never trust a ginger to lead your team, ever

Brad Johnson?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brad Johnson?

How dare you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brad Johnson?

How dare you?

Just saying.Brad_Johnson_Composite-479x290.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know that i've ever seen him have a decent game under the lights and last night's game was horrific, at home no less!!

It was just as bad as the Freeman's Vikings debut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Javalbass is right, for once.A Manziel/gruden combo would be better than what we have currently. Sorry, but it's true.Now, this isn't saying much, because a lot of coaches/gm's would do better than the current LAST (licht, arroyo, smith, tedford) group.And don't even get me started on how stupid it was to allow glennon and/or mccown start and stay this season.This team is now a freaking train wreck. It was bad enough with raheem and schiano, and lovie came in for the killing blow. Cap strapped, one win in a half of a football season, old scheme, no qb.And really, the worst of it all.. the mo fo killed "hope."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steelers are in the top 10 power rankings. We beat the steelers in their own place. If the internet has taught me anything it means we're likely one of the 5 best teams in the league.

If you subscribe to the logic of the original poster, you'd be correct. Crown our asses!!

As far as I can see the OP simply asked a question. Obviously one people care to debate since this thread is now about 50 posts deep. Skippy is thorougly mind fugged. Trying a little too hard.  LOLz  I love it .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

isnt that contract really just smoke and mirrors?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

isnt that contract really just smoke and mirrors?

Yes , hardly any of it is guaranteed....Skippy is not too bright . He's too busy following me around making dumb comments to pay attention to contract details . He mad.  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t say it was smoke and mirrors. Sure, there is a million here and a million there than could be added if he reaches the divisional playoff round or SB, but his salary without those advances is still relatively high and he is still overpaid. Also, they would have significant dead money against their cap if they cut him before the 2017 season. Even though he doesn't breach top 10 QB money in his first 5 years of the deal, there is still the element of time....time that they will waste on Dalton. Not to mention that he will be sucking up around $10mil a year, while being out played by QBs who make significantly less.3-15 in prime time games with Dalton. They should have let his original deal expire. Now they will just be spinning their wheels for a few more seasons.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hes too good to replace and not good enough to win a Super Bowl with.  a very difficult spot for a team to be in.  funny that hes the caliber of QB that a lot of Buc fans would be satisfied with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't say it was smoke and mirrors. Sure, there is a million here and a million there than could be added if he reaches the divisional playoff round or SB, but his salary without those advances is still relatively high and he is still overpaid. Also, they would have significant dead money against their cap if they cut him before the 2017 season. Even though he doesn't breach top 10 QB money in his first 5 years of the deal, there is still the element of time....time that they will waste on Dalton. Not to mention that he will be sucking up around $10mil a year, while being out played by QBs who make significantly less.3-15 in prime time games with Dalton. They should have let his original deal expire. Now they will just be spinning their wheels for a few more seasons. 

while they should be competing with the upper echelon teams in the AFC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hes too good to replace and not good enough to win a Super Bowl with.  a very difficult spot for a team to be in.  funny that hes the caliber of QB that a lot of Buc fans would be satisfied with.

Too good to replace?...and there will always be a sect of homer fans who back QBs like Freeman and Glennon. It means nothing that a lot of those same people would be satisfied with the Dalton/Sanchez/Fitzpatrick/Bradford QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ve got people suggesting we should bring in Orton or Hoyer next year instead of drafting a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too good to replace?...and there will always be a sect of homer fans who back QBs like Freeman and Glennon. It means nothing that a lot of those same people would be satisfied with the Dalton/Sanchez/Fitzpatrick/Bradford QBs.

He's clearly a notch above Sanchez Fiztpatrick and Bradford.  One terrible game doesn't change that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s his entire career that puts him in the Sanchez/Bradford/Fitzpatrick/Orton range…not just one game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and the thing with Dalton is he is probably getting the most out of his talent.  No upside with the guy.  doesn’t have the arm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's his entire career that puts him in the Sanchez/Bradford/Fitzpatrick/Orton range...not just one game.

That's simply not true . I'm not a huge fan of his , but he's better than those 3 bums.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's his entire career that puts him in the Sanchez/Bradford/Fitzpatrick/Orton range...not just one game.

That's simply not true . I'm not a huge fan of his , but he's better than those 3 bums.

agreed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sooooo…things still on the upswing….or nah?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well it was a big improvement from our first game against the Falcons. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He and Orton fell off the exact same bum branch. They are the same exact guy. Mediocre is mediocre.

Please wait…

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.