Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• bradentonian

Participant

Head scratcherhttp://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

Bruce Allen - G - RedskinsRedskins named Bruce Allen club president and general manager.Allen is entering his fifth year as Redskins GM. This'll be his first as club president. The son of Hall of Famer George Allen, Bruce gained power in the organization after owner Dan Snyder's dismissal of the Shanahans. Allen tabbed ex-Bengals OC Jay Gruden -- his old pal from Tampa -- to replace Mike Shanahan atop the coaching staff. Allen is a salary cap maven, but has never been known for his personnel evaluations. Beyond what should be obvious impact additions in DeSean Jackson and to a lesser extent Jason Hatcher, Washington endured a head-scratching first post-Shanahan offseason, overpaying retreads Shawn Lauvao, Tracy Porter, and Andre Roberts before what could best be described as an underwhelming eight-man draft. We're not quite sure who's making the Redskins' personnel decisions ("Lord of No Rings" A.J. Smith is a member of the front office) but we do know Allen has final say. The early returns on Allen as Skins head honcho aren't promising.May 26 - 5:18 PM

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Still riding daddie’s coat-tails.Being the son of George Allen still goes a long way in Washington.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he’s a lot like Rich McKay and better as a president-type than a football person.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Allen is a salary cap maven, but has never been known for his personnel evaluations.Truth

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Head scratcher

Not really......he's been bamboozling NFL ownership for years! Best i've ever seen!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk one could be promoted from “cheapskate” to “d ouche bag.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Snyder likes “yes men”.  Allen has worked for Al Davis and was Gruden’s puppet in Tampa. He’s one of the most notable “yes men” in the biz.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Snyder doesn’t like yes men, he likes bend over and grab your ankles men.With snyder around, I seriously doubt allen has done anything other than sign paperwork.Hardly any of his picks have been like allen. It's night and day from his buc years to his wash days. He wouldn't have had the ability, or the balls to draft an "rg3."

Please wait…

• bigbucsfan

Participant

Allen was obviously better than Dominik.  Licht has yet to show enough to make a judgement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Snyder doesn't like yes men, he likes bend over and grab your ankles men.With snyder around, I seriously doubt allen has done anything other than sign paperwork.Hardly any of his picks have been like allen. It's night and day from his buc years to his wash days. He wouldn't have had the ability, or the balls to draft an "rg3."

And he gets paid 6 figures for it. Wow I'm jealous.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.