Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• ArmyBuc91

Participant

8th best cap situation for 2021 and 3rd best for 2022.

However, we only have 31 players under contract for 2021. Those missing are (1) LVD, (2) Suh, (3) Shaq Barret, (4) Gronk, and (5) Fournette just to name my top 5. That alone is $47K and our cap situation only has $30,079,564 in space. It’s going to be an interesting offseason because as it stands right now only $42,776,661 is allotted to the defense and over 100K to the offense.

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Worry about it later. Let’s go win a nfc championship game!! Go bucs!!

Please wait…

• RW

Participant

Nice to know Saints are in an awful cap position ( worst in the league) and the Falcons are really bad as well.
      Relatively easy for Bucs to make a few changes and have lots of room to sign the guys they want, including FA’s.

Please wait…

• yuccaneers

Participant

The cap is a fluid thing; the team can extend some veterans i.e. Donovan Smith and Ryan Jensen by two to three years giving them guaranteed money and reducing their actual cap charge next season; if the cap stays flat as some think at $198 million the Bucs, and for that matter, every other NFL team would gain roughly $22 million – giving the Bucs north of $50 million in space before the team has to make a decision on any potential restructures or extensions to secure additional space. They have a ton of cap flexibility. If there are players they want to keep – creativity – will allow them to keep the players they really want in the fold for 2021.

Please wait…

• ArmyBuc91

Participant

Always enjoy reading your posts yucc thanks for the info

Please wait…

• Natural Selection

Participant

There are going to be a ton of free agents and a relatively dry market. We have the room to resign the guys we most want and hold a power position to clean up on one year contract vets. Similar to how we filled out our roster this year. Having TB12 with our coaching staff will allow us to plug holes with cheap proven talent.

Please wait…

• Mic

Participant

Get those vet guys at 2mil cheaper like Suh David Gronk will save us 6m.

Barrett isn’t gonna be getting the 16m he got this year. Which now gives enough money to resign Godwin.

Fournette needs to take the same 3m a year deal we don’t have money for his luxury when we have Vaughn in the wings

Please wait…

• ArmyBuc91

Participant

It’s going to be interesting.

Chris Godwin is a pro-bowl receiver. I can see him being a very sought after WR. If teams are willing to pay Adam Humphries $9M, Emmanual Sanders $12M and Brandon Cooks $16M (same as Mike Evans basically) I think that’s where Godwin’s market floor begins. Then what about AB? It’s just gonna be interesting for sure

Likewise, I can see a team wanting to overpay for Shaq.

I wouldn’t blame either player for taking the money. Also it’s no guarantee Suh comes back. He tempted retirement before coming back for this season. If we win the super bowl I could see him being done. If we don’t I feel like he will take the off season to think over his decision like last time.

Please wait…

• RW

Participant

[postquote quote=1349217]

Godwin has probably cost himself some money these past two games. That and the fact there are some really great receivers in the draft will reduce his value somewhat.
      shaq Barrett is another guy that is costing himself money so far in the playoffs. He has been OK but not $15 million a year OK.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Godwin has to be tagged.

AB can walk. Really stunted Miller and Johnson’s growth but they stepped up when their number was called.

Please wait…

• ArmyBuc91

Participant

That’s $19K if Godwin is tagged and reports are right now the cap will *decrease* by 10-15% instead of the usual increase of 5-10%

In the pro football talk article it referenced Suh as an interesting player who got $7M and due to the cap situation a VET free agent like him would garner probably around $3M. I think the veterans will be upset or choose the stress of another COVID season and risk of injury is not worth it.

The cap and the on going COVID affecting the off-season situation are going to make things very interesting.

Please wait…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by ArmyBuc91.

• RW

Participant

[postquote quote=1349232]

AB has been fine this year and neither young guy could do what he brings. But next year I see Johnson as the guy who will step up. Scotty is a guy who uses his speed to get open and makes many uncontested catches but I don’t trust him at all with 50/50 balls.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Antonio Brown and Scotty Miller are literally playing the exact the same, the only difference is the media cares about one and not the other.

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

[postquote quote=1349232]

Ab isn’t going anywhere, thankfully. Like it or not. As long as brady is here, ab will be here. Barring something off the field.

I wanted shaq back but after these last 2 games im good to let him walk. If you disappear in the playoffs like he does, hard pass.

Worst case franchise godwin. Brate should restructure as well or be cut if OJ is healthy

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.