Buccaneers need to look for a new Tight End?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dbucfan
    Participant

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/bucs-koetter-makes-statement-sends-seferian-jenkins-off-the-field/I don't care too much for what we hear about ASJ - adding that to the HC stating ASJ didn't know his role in the offense is over the top.  Coach had enough and sent him off the field.  The question is will he send him from Tampa. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it speaks volumes about ASJs study habits and Koetter was setting the tone early about expectations – it’s refreshing to see the coach holding players accountable for lack of prepartion.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We haven’t had that from a coach here since Gruden, except for Schiano. And I’m not so sure that some players didn’t get away with it under Gruden.Hats off to Koetter!!!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I had 0 expectations for Austin, so yesterday changes little for me.  Unless he is a distraction, an impediment against the team improving, I see no reason to cut him.  If we can get a 5th/6th rounder in return, I would move him today.  I called for another veteran TE this offseason because I have had 0 expectation for Austin.  There were a few proven to be decent TEs available who signed for less than 3 per.  Owen Daniels is still on the market and wouldn’t mind a call to his representative. We might as well hold onto Austin til final cuts in case he turns it around. Drop him at that point when he doesn’t.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think we are good at TE regardless of ASJ.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe Stocker is the one that the Bucs can least afford to lose.  Underrated, unheralded, and invaluable run blocker for Doug.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/bucs-koetter-makes-statement-sends-seferian-jenkins-off-the-field/I don't care too much for what we hear about ASJ - adding that to the HC stating ASJ didn't know his role in the offense is over the top.  Coach had enough and sent him off the field.  The question is will he send him from Tampa.

I think it all depends how ASJ comes into the next set of practices.  If it's obvious he got in the playbook, that he is serious and that he is trying, all will be good. If not, I would not be suprised to see him traded.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Might have to re-track my previous comments on ASJ being thrown out of practice. The reasoning.....I might have jumped to conclusion on why he was thrown out....Not once has it been reported what was so bad Koetter gave him the hook and sent him to the showers....After reading a coupe of articles / twitters feeds it appears ASJ might have committed a penalty....it was more a message that penalties wont be tolerated....Koetter taking the stance for undisciplined play early and you have to commend that from Koetter....What was written on ASJ twitter feed...might be just an innocent....he is "moving on" from the incident.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

ASJ sux and his replacement is already on the roster. Ladies and gentlemen, we will experience Brateness this year.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

ASJ sux and his replacement is already on the roster. Ladies and gentlemen, we will experience Brateness this year.

And boom goes the dynamite ! !

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hate – you might be right. Brate is a rising star and could garner 50 plus catches this season.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hate - you might be right. Brate is a rising star and could garner 50 plus catches this season.

I don't think Brate could ever hold up a team like Gronk can.  But as long as there is a clear #1 WR that requires attention, Brate should have success.  He reminds me of Chris Cooley.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Jenkins certainly from reports doesn’t sound real dedicated.  We shall see when the real practice starts but if the rumors and observations are true his future doesn’t look promising.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think we are good at TE regardless of ASJ.

Agreed, I believe with another year under his belt that Brate will be the guy emerging with the break out year.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

ASJ is going to be fine this season. We certainly don’t need another TE.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.