Buccaneers’ phone ringing off hook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    BucD
    Participant

Mike Freeman:

A Buccaneers source tells me the team's phone is "ringing off the hook" with teams calling about the possibility of trading up.Now, I know this leak is self-serving. The Buccaneers want the impression out there that a number of teams want the top pick, thus possibly driving up the market value. But I trust this person wholeheartedly and believe it.This is also an indicator of something else. Teams are reverting back to the theory that you draft a player who will help you win, no matter the player's baggage.Maybe nothing ever changed, but we heard so much about how teams would change in the post-Ray Rice world. The league office changed. Teams? Not so much. The interest in Winston from teams—not to mention the Bucs may draft him first—proves that the old NFL is back. If it ever truly left.

lINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2435348-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-marcus-mariota-the-next-blaine-gabbertYeah. I don't know about anyone else, but I still have that sinking feeling that the Bucs could easily fuck this up. No doubt in my mind that they could easily trade out and take themselves out of the running for JW/MM.With Licht intentionally pushing that "trade the pick" shit, don't be surprised if our QB is still Glennon and maybe Hundley, Petty etc. SMFH.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

dalaca
    Participant

Mike Freeman:

A Buccaneers source tells me the team's phone is "ringing off the hook" with teams calling about the possibility of trading up.Now, I know this leak is self-serving. The Buccaneers want the impression out there that a number of teams want the top pick, thus possibly driving up the market value. But I trust this person wholeheartedly and believe it.This is also an indicator of something else. Teams are reverting back to the theory that you draft a player who will help you win, no matter the player's baggage.Maybe nothing ever changed, but we heard so much about how teams would change in the post-Ray Rice world. The league office changed. Teams? Not so much. The interest in Winston from teams—not to mention the Bucs may draft him first—proves that the old NFL is back. If it ever truly left.

lINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2435348-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-marcus-mariota-the-next-blaine-gabbertYeah. I don't know about anyone else, but I still have that sinking feeling that the Bucs could easily (censored) this up. No doubt in my mind that they could easily trade out and take themselves out of the running for JW/MM.With Licht intentionally pushing that "trade the pick" (censored), don't be surprised if our QB is still Glennon and maybe Hundley, Petty etc. SMFH.

I still can't see this, for the same reason listed. You add a player that will help you win. There is no trade out there that gives us a QB and makes us better. Licht would be signing his resignation by trading that pick.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I still can't see this, for the same reason listed. You add a player that will help you win. There is no trade out there that gives us a QB and makes us better. Licht would be signing his resignation by trading that pick.

Just wait until you are camped out at RayJay, Tampa is on the clock, and GODell walks to the podium and says..."Tampa has traded the first pick in the 2015 NFL Draft to..."

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dalaca
    Participant

Just wait until you are camped out at RayJay, Tampa is on the clock, and GODell walks to the podium and says..."Tampa has traded the first pick in the 2015 NFL Draft to..."

Until the time that Ian Rapaport hits me up on my mobile, and tells me specifically, that his insiders have it as truth, I'm not buying into it. If that happened, we could start the pool about where L&L will land in 2016, and whether or not the Glazers will be hiring Mike Shanahan as HC. 🙂

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you have a QB you feel is a special once in a generation type guy, you take NO trades, you pick him no matter what…just because the Bucs will get multiple draft picks doesn’t mean they won’t be busts or those draft picks will help the team..this team has an awful history of selecting talent in the draft

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike Freeman:

lINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2435348-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-marcus-mariota-the-next-blaine-gabbertYeah. I don't know about anyone else, but I still have that sinking feeling that the Bucs could easily (censored) this up. No doubt in my mind that they could easily trade out and take themselves out of the running for JW/MM.With Licht intentionally pushing that "trade the pick" (censored), don't be surprised if our QB is still Glennon and maybe Hundley, Petty etc. SMFH.

My thing is that I just do not trust Lovie Smith. Or anyone in that organization for that matter.  If they weren't interested in trading out, they wouldn't be making a concerted effort to put it out there that they "could trade it" or "if we keep the pick" etc..I, unfortunately, think that there is a good chance that they could trade it.Lovie and co. could get distracted by a handful of shiny picks and think they can do what they need to with Glennon and/or guys like Hundley or Petty.lol - They may want to have extra security on hand at the draft party. Maybe invest in some riot gear.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dalaca
    Participant

Mike Freeman:

My thing is that I just do not trust Lovie Smith. Or anyone in that organization for that matter.  If they weren't interested in trading out, they wouldn't be making a concerted effort to put it out there that they "could trade it" or "if we keep the pick" etc..I, unfortunately, think that there is a good chance that they could trade it.Lovie and co. could get distracted by a handful of shiny picks and think they can do what they need to with Glennon and/or guys like Hundley or Petty.lol - They may want to have extra security on hand at the draft party. Maybe invest in some riot gear.

Yeah, but this isn't Lovie's pick. There are too many jobs on the line if this is messed up. I still say zero chance we see a trade down.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mr licht would be fired on the spot. The glazers want a qb. The glazers want offense here. Guaranteed they would not only fire licht but lovie smith and bring dirk up to coach.  One thing I know. If they directly disobey the glazers vision you have cut your own throat. We know your reading jason…dont screw this up

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you have a QB you feel is a special once in a generation type guy, you take NO trades, you pick him no matter what...

I believe this is correct, which speaks to their opinion on the two QB options if they decide to trade back.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    stonecoldbucsfan
    Participant

Taking calls is no big deal at all, doesn’t mean we are trading down. If an offer comes though you can’t refuse you have to think about it. I sure hope if we do trade down we get a king’s ransom.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dalaca
    Participant

If you have a QB you feel is a special once in a generation type guy, you take NO trades, you pick him no matter what...

I believe this is correct, which speaks to their opinion on the two QB options if they decide to trade back.

Yeah, but as mentioned, above, the Glazers won't allow a non-QB option. The only thing that would happen would be Lovie joining future ex-coach of the 49ers, Jim Tomsula, on the unemployment line.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, but as mentioned, above, the Glazers won't allow a non-QB option.

I believe this is pure speculation, though, and there's nothing to support the statement other than wishful thinking.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Realistically besides Rivers and Bradford what other starting caliber QB’s would be available for trade? 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dalaca
    Participant

I believe this is pure speculation, though, and there's nothing to support the statement other than wishful thinking.

I stull don't see it. If they traded down, I would buy the "Fire L&L" billboards myself, and have them up by September.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Under the trade scenario, the Bucs would likely select a QB but not Mariota or Winston. I don't think it happens even though I can see an argument for it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.