Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• yuccaneers

Participant

Currently the team has approximately $16.7 million in off-season Top-51 salary cap space available, with $7.1 million in overall space available with 71 players under contract. Based on their current slotted draft picks the team needs $6.5 million to sign rookies. Historically the team goes in to the regular season with roughly 11% of unused cap space under GM Jason Licht. If your a fan looking for where additional cap space can come from the most likely candidates to be released DE George Johnson and C Evan Smith creating an additional net gain of $4.5 million - neither would cause the team to incur and dead money charges. However, I suspect a release  would not transpire until final 53-man roster cuts are announced. The NFLPA website has the team with 70 players under contract minus the Daryl Smith signing and roughly $19.2 million available. I accounted Smith for roughly a cap charge of $3.25 million as  a veteran player. Click on photos to make them larger and more readable.New%20Picture%201_zpsvijydwsl.pngNew%20Picture%205_zpso5mnhhkq.pngNew%20Picture%206_zpsiyywsv0h.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks Yucc.  And people were worried about spending that cap money…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to know we still have enough to lure Aldon Smith to this coast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw on one of the cap sites that the Bucs were projected to have over 80 mil in cap room next year. You have anything on that Yucc?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Got to get to 90 for training camp…So - that's 77 after the draft - 13 UDFAs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love me some pie  charts!Although, where's ST? ..I dont see it anywhere (jk).Also, maybe someone in this thread would like to do a chart aligning all the teams total expenditures of cap this offseason too?I think it would be interesting to see how teams like the broncos, seahawks, or cards are handling their caps, comparatively speaking, to the bucs.Thanks for the thread. Should be a good one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to know we still have enough to lure Aldon Smith to this coast.

I am beginning to like that idea, even though he wouldn't be eligible to play until November...Hopefully his agent will give him one last "Come to Jesus" speech and the Bucs work out a good prorated prove it contract..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans is a bargain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs love to front load contracts so it doesn’t drag on the team and give them a ton of dead cap space, so some of the contracts are, just, wow. Sweeney gets a $10-mil cap hit? I hope they saw more than every single scouting report I saw on the guy that said he wasn’t very good. Then again I guess he is supposed to have drawn a lot of interest around the league so hopefully all those scouting reports are wrong. But if they are wrong he’s gone next year with only a $2.5mil cap hit (that’s what I see anyways).I do wonder if the Bucs doing contracts this way, which I mostly think is a good thing, also makes them quick to pull the plug on players since they can get out of it without it messing up the cap later. For example while Michael Johnson had a bad year would the Bucs have cut him so quickly if he had a large signing bonus and would be a cap hit for 4 years, or would they have kept him another year? He went back to the Bengals and had a solid, if unspectacular, year - which was much more than they got out of George Johnson. The Bucs are now paying Robert Ayers, who basically has had one good season, what they would have been paying Michael Johnson. Not the best example I know as most people probably think Michael was a bust as a FA signing, but the way the Bucs do contracts does greatly reduce the patience they have with players. Again I mostly think it's a great way to do business so long as you have the up front cap space to work that way. But you generally have the cap space because you don't have enough good players.Anyways its always interesting to see the cap info, thanks for posting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only $2.5M for starting material at Center and Guard… Evan Smith is going nowhere!

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.