Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 43 reply threads

• Author

• HoistTheFlag

Participant

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice I’m a big fan of this signing. I hope it’s not for more than 5 or 6 mil tops with incentives at his age. One year is perfect though. Well done JL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Solid signing. We likely improved over Lansanah as a starter and he’s solid depth. Started at left, middle, and right LB in his first 3 years with Jacksonville. He's also started 172 of 174 games he's played in. The guy is consistent

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are making the right moves guys…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GM Jason doing nice work this FA season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would anyone draft Jaylon Smith in the 4th if still there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht is bringing in quality veteran players at positions of need. Now I would still draft these positions to build for the future. But at least the aren’t hamstrung to it now. BPA all day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are making the right moves guys...

Not relying on practice squad guys and potential busts to have a break out season anymore. Feels good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I guess I better give up my Myles Jack bromance. I will cross my fingers for Ramsey now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I guess I better give up my Myles Jack bromance. I will cross my fingers for Ramsey now.

The draft could go Tunsil, Wentz, Jack, Bosa … And then you trade up if the price is right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The draft could go Tunsil, Wentz, Jack, Bosa ... And then you trade up if the price is right.

That is my thinking, but its a longshot.  Like picking YALE to win March Madness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The draft could go Tunsil, Wentz, Jack, Bosa ... And then you trade up if the price is right.

That is my thinking, but its a longshot.  Like picking YALE to win March Madness.

2016 3rd and then a late 2017 pick. Then you go DE or DT in the second round and your defense looks awfully good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2016 3rd and then a late 2017 pick. Then you go DE or DT in the second round and your defense looks awfully good.

My scenario has a high pick we get for Glennon worked in there someplace. To move from #9 to say #5, is about 300 points according to the draft value chart. And that would be a late 2nd round pick, 300 points.So Denver's 2nd or the Jets 2nd, is enough to move from 9 to 5 all on its own.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about Ramsey, Correia and a good DT?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All I know, is that with this signing, the Bucs have no gaping holes. They are free to draft BPA. Still think it’s a DE or DB but regardless, it’s a nice problem to have. …….for once.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All I know, is that with this signing, the Bucs have no gaping holes. They are free to draft BPA. Still think it's a DE or DB but regardless, it's a nice problem to have. .......for once.

Agree, outside of QB, they could go with any position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why you don’t freak out after the 1st two days of free agency…I wonder if he challenges Kwon for the middle...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why you don't freak out after the 1st two days of free agency...I wonder if he challenges Kwon for the middle...

No one and no thing challenges the Kwon. The Kwon never sleeps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully he can help change the loser mentality this team has had for the better part of a decade

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another good move by Licht. We know have a QUALITY veteran at each phase of the defense (DB,LB, and DL) in Grimes, Smith, and Ayers. Ayers is a reach but, I think having a guy like Smith is good for young players like David and Alexander. Smith has the experience and has seen just about everything an offense can throw at a defense. He’ll help out with his intangibles for sure.The days of putting undrafted scrubs on the field, may finally come to a halt. Focus on BPA and this team will be very competitive in the NFC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mid tier signings are where the good teams have success in FA. Glad to see Licht had learned from his first season of making big splashes. With 5 low key signings, the Bucs have added 5 starters that represent a significant improvement over what we saw last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why you don't freak out after the 1st two days of free agency...I wonder if he challenges Kwon for the middle...

No one and no thing challenges the Kwon. The Kwon never sleeps.

Looked like he could have used an energy drink or b12 shot on some passing plays last year and with all those missed tackles. He may have had good splash plays here and there, but if he isn't more consistent, he'll be exposed in year two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would

I'd probably take him in the second if he's there lol.  dude is mega-talented

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would

I think from the 3rd and down, he's worth the risk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would

I was thinking that originally.  But the more i think about it, he only tore 2 ligaments in his knee and if there's a chance he can get close to the Von Miller comparisons, i want him on the team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would

I was thinking that originally.  But the more i think about it, he only tore 2 ligaments in his knee and if there's a chance he can get close to the Von Miller comparisons, i want him on the team

Yea, but the medical tests that came back from the combine were not favorable.  I say 3rd or lower too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would

Yea, but the medical tests that came back from the combine were not favorable.  I say 3rd or lower too.

Yea I heard.  "Unfavorable" can mean anything though.  Gronk had "unfavorable" reports about his back leading up to the draft.  So much so that Dom took him off his board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like this signing. I didn’t like that we released Lansanah, but this makes up for it. Improved player.IMO DE is still a gaping hole in this lineup. Safety still concerns me too.Someone mentioned QB as a position that would be excluded from the BPA plan in the draft. We'd better add RB to that position list too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

YES!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would

Yea I heard.  "Unfavorable" can mean anything though.  Gronk had "unfavorable" reports about his back leading up to the draft.  So much so that Dom took him off his board.

Yes, but an "unfavorable" knee scares me.Dummy-nik should not be brought up anymore.  The list of things he did would make a great "how NOT to" book for GMs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably LVD...He would have to rehab his knee for a year and play some strong side before replacing LVD if that ever comes around...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love the signing, I wanted him a few years back before he signed with the Ravens. He’s really old so this is more of a stopgap, but I think his leadership will also help the defense get the right mentality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love the signing, I wanted him a few years back before he signed with the Ravens. He's really old so this is more of a stopgap, but I think his leadership will also help the defense get the right mentality.

Agree. Have long been a fan of this guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love the signing, I wanted him a few years back before he signed with the Ravens. He's really old so this is more of a stopgap, but I think his leadership will also help the defense get the right mentality.

+1 Mike Smith bringing in guys who can play and lead this defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s teetering on falling off the edge…but a good sign for some reasons, as stated in earlier posts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speaking of Raven players, one of their players died today. 24 years old. Dirt bike accident here in Florida.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heard about the accident, sorry to hear he didn’t make it.  Condolences to the family.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heard about the accident, sorry to hear he didn't make it.  Condolences to the family.

Harbaugh had some nice words for the family.  Well said. Meaningful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably LVD...He would have to rehab his knee for a year and play some strong side before replacing LVD if that ever comes around...

It think tog's reference was to Daryl Smith not Jaylen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heard the Licht interview this morning with John Clayton.. Said he will play the SAM and depth for Kwon and Lavonte. He’s played all three LB spots but is more of a two down backer at this point of his career. Licht also compared the Smith signing to when they traded for Mankins, expects that type of leadership role from Smith for the defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m a big fan of this signing. Instantly upgrades the starting LB level and gives us a proven backup middle linebacker if necessary.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

I like it but hes getting a little long in the tooth.  Anyone hear what the 1 year contract was worth? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/12980/daryl-smiths-value-to-bucs-will-be-measured-by-more-than-tacklesGood article on the value Smith could bring to the Buccaneers off of the field.

Please wait…

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.