Buccaneers talking to Bengals for #1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Pennywise
    Participant

Burrow is not nor will he be on same planet as mahomes, mahomes has rare arm talent, rare.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Burrow is more a technical passer but he is pretty damn good. And yeah Mahomes has the arm talent and technique that puts him on another level.

Bucs need to be smart and don’t be in love with any certain prospect.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

BucBalla85
    Participant

Nobody should compare with a guy like Mahomes coming out of school. First off it’s just way too hard to tell how a player will transition from college to the pros. Second I am more in the school of thought they need to prove themselves in this league first and then you can make comparisons. So in Mahomes case that guy would need to win a super bowl first and/or perhaps instead have an mvp type season. The draft is such a crapshoot the player comparisons are just a joke imo.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buc_boi
    Participant

_____

Also if they did draft Burrow, you would have to listen to folks complain how bad the OL and pass rush sucks for 2-3 more years.

folks will continue to complain about the trenches whether it’s an issue or not, the 2019 season is pretty clear indicator of that.

Unfortunately,  Sounding smart seems to be more important than being right or wrong.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

folks will continue to complain about the trenches whether it’s an issue or not, the 2019 season is pretty clear indicator of that.

Unfortunately, Sounding smart seems to be more important than being right or wrong

____
    The irony

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Dalton is worth a 3rd max.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

If I’m the Bengals and I’m willing to drop down from #1 to #14, I’d want more of a guarantee on the return.  Meaning, I don’t only want draft picks.  I’d want either Godwin or Evans and probably someone else – probably the rights to Barrett.  Then I’d want this years #1 and next years #1.

I’m also not accepting the deal until AFTER I have Barrett re-signed and Godwin (if he’s the WR I’m getting).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pepsi
    Participant

Burrow is not nor will he be on same planet as mahomes, mahomes has rare arm talent, rare.

Rare arm talent is one of many attributes. Its a great attribute obviously but just because someone doesnt have the same arm talent abilities doesnt mean they cant be on a similar level at QB. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are currently considered top 5 QBs in the history of the game. I wouldnt say either of them have the arm talent of Mahomes or Rodgers.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Arm Talent = being able to put the proper touch on a ball, arc and velocity, in order to make throws between/over defenders.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    bucboi813
    Participant

I personally can’t believe that not one of you knowledgeable guys would think if the Bucs made a trade it wouldn’t be for chase young once in  lifetime pass rusher who’s a game changer by himself next to vita and jpp with Shaq David n Devin and the young corners blossoming man we would be tuff to beat

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    SCLOBERNOCKER
    Participant

Probably because he isnt a once in a lifetime guy, and you dont move from 14 to 1 for anything other than a QB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Sportswriters and football analysts claim there are “once in lifetime” players in every draft.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GameTime
    Participant

I personally can’t believe that not one of you knowledgeable guys would think if the Bucs made a trade it wouldn’t be for chase young once in lifetime pass rusher who’s a game changer by himself next to vita and jpp with Shaq David n Devin and the young corners blossoming man we would be tuff to beat

Reminds me of Sapp asking for 17 and the offense saying nope.  Trading up to take young is too many resources in the defense.  Why pay barrett and jpp and invest 2 drafts in young?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

For those who been asleep inside a hollowed out log for the last 6 months, JPP will not be a Buc next year.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

@hockey-duckie

Like I led with in my post, I’m not advocating for taking Burrows. I haven’t studied him enough to have a well-informed position.

I just posed my post to provoke thought because what I typically see in these scenarios is people not comparing like to like.

It typically works out as considering something approximating the hopeful, nearly best case scenario with many picks of lower value (say 4 picks including a pair of mid-1st nad mid-2nd rounders) vs the fears of a bust at a single pick in the top 3 or so.

I’m trying to balance those scales with (a) the “difference-maker” quality and (b) the reality is math drops off precipitously as you move down the draft (both in (i) bust rate and (ii) level of contribution).

Simply put, 1 Quenton Nelson (a guaranteed pillar at Offensive Guard, a game-changer for the ioL specifically and OL generally, an attitude-adjustment centerpiece, a low injury position, a long shelf-life position, a bargain salary-wise 1st contract) is worth our entire 2016 draft class and most of our 2017 draft class combined!

Again, just posting to try to get people to not be dogmatic about these things and to equilibrate the scales more appropriately.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.