Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• Naismith

Participant

Everyone is always in favor of trading down, so I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on where they’d trade to and what the target would be.If you got to run the team on draft day and had to trade down, what would be the target range you would trade down to and what players would you be looking to pick? For instance, if the Bucs wanted to trade down and still get Mike Evans, the lowest they could likely trade would be one spot with the Vikings since the Bills and Lions are both (reportedly) heavily interested in drafting a WR. So how far down would you want to trade and who would you be hoping to get in that spot?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ is the Target. All day long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ is the Target. All day long.

So what would be the lowest you'd drop and still hope to get him? He seems to be moving up the draft boards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see us moving down to 20 in a deal with Arizona. Obj won’t be there then but Cooks could be. I’d take that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want Donald, Manziel, Bortles, or Robinson. If they are all gone then trade back. Way back. I don’t care how far as long as we get great compensation. There are tons of great prospects to choose from in that 15 to 50 range.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see us moving down to 20 in a deal with Arizona. Obj won't be there then but Cooks could be. I'd take that.

To think you or anyone else knows who will go first between OBJ and Cooks, is silly. I know OBJ has been the hot name this week, but he could go in the 2nd round for all we know. It's just impossible to know what teams prefer which receiver when you get to that late 1st/early 2nd area. Benjamin, Lee, Cooks, OBJ, Robinson, MonCrief, Adams.....who knows how teams have these guys ranked. Plus, for teams that need receiving weapons, it could make sense to go with Ebron, ASJ, or Amaro in the 1st instead and take a WR later. All I'm saying is OBJ could easily be there at 20.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a whole lotta speculation(smoke) about the Lions trading up for a WR. Why would the team with the #3 passing attack last year, that has since added Golden Tate, be so desperate for a WR? Let us all be reminded that is Mayhew running the show up there, not Millen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, they do have Kevin Ogletree and Michael Spurlock…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t feel confident moving past 12 for OBJ. His stock is certainly on the rise. I may be willing to move back as far as 18 though with Ebron as my backup plan if OBJ is gone.Depends also on compensation offered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Golden Tate is a great #3….an ok #2. I’m sure the Lions would love to draft a great #2 WR to pair with Megatron and have Tate in the slot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see us moving down to 20 in a deal with Arizona. Obj won't be there then but Cooks could be. I'd take that.

To think you or anyone else knows who will go first between OBJ and Cooks, is silly. I know OBJ has been the hot name this week, but he could go in the 2nd round for all we know. It's just impossible to know what teams prefer which receiver when you get to that late 1st/early 2nd area. Benjamin, Lee, Cooks, OBJ, Robinson, MonCrief, Adams.....who knows how teams have these guys ranked. Plus, for teams that need receiving weapons, it could make sense to go with Ebron, ASJ, or Amaro in the 1st instead and take a WR later. All I'm saying is OBJ could easily be there at 20.

If you’re going to get that serious then why even discuss it? Esiason, Rodgers, Quinn…. Guys drop all the time. Sapp, Bowers…. I’m not Madame Sousaztka. We guess. Besides IMHO it’s more fun being wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a whole lotta speculation(smoke) about the Lions trading up for a WR. Why would the team with the #3 passing attack last year, that has since added Golden Tate, be so desperate for a WR? Let us all be reminded that is Mayhew running the show up there, not Millen.

wasn’t enough.  They need to do something to make them better than mediocre.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The lions haven’t really shyed from showing their interest in Watkins and Watkins has expressed his desire to play with Calvin and Stafford. Could be smoke screen and wishful thinking but that’s where it’s coming from anyways.I've read that Fairly could be on the trading block, they did not take the option on his rookie deal so I would not be surprised if they try to use him to try and move up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a fan of the QBs at 7 so if all the elite non-QBs are gone I would trade down for pretty much anything to someone in the 8-11 range and take Donald. I think the Giants are hoping he’s there when they pick. Otherwise I would trade down into the 15-20 range and take Cooks or OBJ (preference to Cooks). That would net us at least another 2nd in this draft. With that flexibility we could easily get a starting guard and see where the value is at DL, QB, TE, CB. I think with the depth in this draft a lot of teams are going to want to trade down without many buyers, but I still like threads like this. We still have another 3 weeks of what-ifs though...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You figure that desirable trade up targets left might be left over QB, Evans, left over OT. TEN leaps out as a team that needs the first two players and dropping to 11 wouldn't be awful.  Maybe if the Lions are dumb enough to want another WR they want to move to 7 to get Evans.  Could the Rams move back up and double dpi off whatever spot they didn't take, OT/WR at 2. I know Dallas would love to move up but they don't have the ammo to come up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not a fan of the QBs at 7 so if all the elite non-QBs are gone I would trade down for pretty much anything to someone in the 8-11 range and take Donald. I think the Giants are hoping he's there when they pick. Otherwise I would trade down into the 15-20 range and take Cooks or OBJ (preference to Cooks). That would net us at least another 2nd in this draft. With that flexibility we could easily get a starting guard and see where the value is at DL, QB, TE, CB. I think with the depth in this draft a lot of teams are going to want to trade down without many buyers, but I still like threads like this. We still have another 3 weeks of what-ifs though...

I'd have the exact same plan, trade down before the giants and pick Donald or get back into the mid-teens and select BPA, however I prefer OBJ to cooks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is my dream trade down scenario because I have too much time on my hands. Used the trade tracker for point values. I really think these are legit possibilities if the all the stars aligned!Trade down with Detroit at #10 - Detroit takes WR Mike Evans or LB Anthony Barr. Pick up extra 3rd #96. (#7 pick is worth 1500 points) (#10 = 1300 + #96 = 210 / 1510 total)Trade down with Dallas at #16 - Dallas takes DT Aaron Donald. Pick up extra 2nd #47 (#10 = 1300 pts.) (#16 = 1000 + #47 = 430 / 1430 total) Dallas reaches with point total because there was an offer from Chicago at #14 for Donald. (#14 = 1100 + 3rd #82 = 180 + 5th #156 = 29 / 1309 total)  Chose Dallas because of value!Trade down with Miami at #19 - Miami takes OG Zack Martin. Pick up extra 3rd #81 (#16 = 1000 pts.) (#19 = 875 + #81 = 185 / 1,060 total)This is a tough one to take but makes sense to fill holes with quality players. Trade down with San Francisco at #30 - San Fran takes the best WR or CB that is falling in the draft. They give up #61 which is there second pick in the second round and their 5th round pick #170. (#19 = 875 pts.) (#30 = 620 + #61 = 292 + #170 = 23.4 / 935.4 total)Bucs end up with #30 (1st Rd.) #38, #47, #61 (2nd Rd.) #69, #76, #81 (3rd Rd.) #143, #170 (5th Rd.) #185 (6th Rd.) #221 (7th Rd.)At #30 pick one of any of these guys Brandin Cooks, Derek Carr / Teddy Bridgewater, Kyle Fuller, Xavier Su'a Filo, Dee Ford. Then they could go in all kinds of directions in the second and third rounds.Let the bashing begin!!!! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone is always in favor of trading down, so I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on where they'd trade to and what the target would be.If you got to run the team on draft day and had to trade down, what would be the target range you would trade down to and what players would you be looking to pick? For instance, if the Bucs wanted to trade down and still get Mike Evans, the lowest they could likely trade would be one spot with the Vikings since the Bills and Lions are both (reportedly) heavily interested in drafting a WR. So how far down would you want to trade and who would you be hoping to get in that spot?

St. Louis is desparate to compete in the NFC West. I'd roll the dice and trade back to 13. I actually have this written into my final Mock draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And with the 30Th pick Tampa Bay picks… M.Lee WR USC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s tough, because I don’t really see any teams that would want to trade up for the players that might be available. Teams don’t trade up into the top 10 to take OTs. Just doesn’t happen. We would surely take one of the 2 WRs at #7. The only player I see someone wanting to trade up for and we would be willing to listen is Manziel. He is dynamic enough for someone to fall in love with him enough to give up what it would take to hop up and grab him. Who would move up though?How about Tennessee? Wisenhunt isn't married to Locker and could very well want Manziel as his guy for his regime. They have no 3rd this year, so they are unlikely to give up their 2nd this year to move up. The price: Bucs move back to #11 and get #112 this year and Tennessee's 2nd rounder next year.The selection: Aaron Donald, DT, PittCould go plenty of directions at #11...Gilbert, Bridge, Ebron...but Donald would seem like then most realistic option given how valuable an elite pass rush would be in a C2 type D.

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.