Viewing 65 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Per tbo.com. guess we are drafting a qb in the first few rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie loves McCown who he could roll with for several years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DEBUCSOWN,  Do you want to wager your house on it??? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody want to guess what kind of pick we get in return? Im hoping for at least a 3rd....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

domebody thats  been so adamant that we won’t trade  him and draft a QB tells me that you are scared shiztless that we will. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

domebody thats  been so adamant that we won't trade  him and draft a QB tells me that you are scared shiztless that we will.

Do you want to bet your mortgage on it?  No one is reporting that we are going to trade Glennon.  The only thing I am scared of is losing for another five years because we make dumb personnel decision after dumb personnel decision.  Let me know if you have the stomach for it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure.  I’m upside down on my mortgage anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do other teams know that they can figure out what we’re doing just by reading tbo.com?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

domebody thats  been so adamant that we won't trade  him and draft a QB tells me that you are scared shiztless that we will.

Do you want to bet your mortgage on it?  No one is reporting that we are going to trade Glennon.  The only thing I am scared of is losing for another five years because we make dumb personnel decision after dumb personnel decision.  Let me know if you have the stomach for it.

One member of ESPN’s NFL Insiders believes they are, and he says just about everyone around the league knows.“It’s obvious to me and people around the league that (the Bucs) are going to try to move him,” Adam Caplan said during a radio interview this week on WDAE (620 AM). “They have denied this, but I think Mike Glennon is going to be good as gone.’’

FWIW

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon, the team’s 2013 third-round draft pick, could be a long-term solution. He was the top performing rookie quarterback in the league last year, but members of the Bucs’ new regime have so far been coy about their feelings for Glennon. A quarterback could be the Bucs’ first pick, or something they wait until later rounds to address.

FWIW

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hyperbole rules the day this time of year.  Clowney goes #1 and Mike Glennon stays in Tampa IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon, the team's 2013 third-round draft pick, could be a long-term solution. He was the top performing rookie quarterback in the league last year, but members of the Bucs' new regime have so far been coy about their feelings for Glennon. A quarterback could be the Bucs' first pick, or something they wait until later rounds to address.

FWIW

Help me understand the point you are trying to make please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which words are you tripping on?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

his last name HAS to be Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

….Smokescreen?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope we can get a 4th or better. I have a feeling it might end up being a future pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One member of ESPN’s NFL Insiders believes they are, and he says just about everyone around the league knows.“It’s obvious to me and people around the league that (the Bucs) are going to try to move him,” Adam Caplan said during a radio interview this week on WDAE (620 AM). “They have denied this, but I think Mike Glennon is going to be good as gone.’’

FWIW

Mike Glennon, the team's 2013 third-round draft pick, could be a long-term solution. He was the top performing rookie quarterback in the league last year, but members of the Bucs' new regime have so far been coy about their feelings for Glennon. A quarterback could be the Bucs' first pick, or something they wait until later rounds to address.

FWIW

So you don't actually have a point?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would take a 3rd rounder in a second, and would be satisfied with a 4th.Kafka will need a new job too after the Carr bros stranglehold the 2 and 3 spots on the depth chart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW

So you don't actually have a point?

I'm not sure you actually have a question.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Help me understand the point you are trying to make please.Which words are you tripping on?So you don't actually have a point?First draft??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ….Dale_Earnhardt_Jr.__smoke_screen.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is gone or else there would be no need to draft a qb

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK chief, which QB are we drafting? McShay said it again today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So when the draft comes around and the Bucs draft a QB, will you stop acting like a know-it-all?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The writing is all over the wall. Glennon will be back up or traded.Luke mccown and josh freeman both had the same trouble. New coach, system, etc, and they want their guys. The only exceptions to that way of thinking are the elite qb's, and we don't have one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Key word from TBO’s ESPN Insider source in bold:    “I think Mike Glennon is going to be good as gone.’’…  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, there have been several ‘reports’ over the years solely based on something some guy ‘thinks’ might happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ....

left turn??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So when the draft comes around and the Bucs draft a QB, will you stop acting like a know-it-all?

I predict a new screen name

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or he'll just go back to his old one....  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I predict no QBs drafted in the first three rounds and I predict that I never mention a word of how right I was after the draft.  You have to know who our head coach is.  If you really think about our scenario, we are not drafting a QB.  It's really clear as day.  Don't let emotions cloud logical decisions, it leads to divorce, bad bets, and QBs that dont last more than a few years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's more then a smokescreen that the new regime doesn't like Glennon. Glennon's days of starting here are done.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346149/article/five-teams-that-could-surprise-with-qb-pick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we really do want Manziel , and we let this many rumors become public leading everyone to know exactly what we really want to do , the entire staff should be fired. We'll never get Manziel now , even if the interest is real , because they've given away the game. They've shown their hand .They'll get leap frogged by a team like Dallas . LOLPersonally I'd like to believe they aren't that stupid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we really do want Manziel , and we let this many rumors become public leading everyone to know exactly what we really want to do , the entire staff should be fired. We'll never get Manziel now , even if the interest is real , because they've given away the game. They've shown their hand .They'll get leap frogged by a team like Dallas . LOLPersonally I'd like to believe they aren't that stupid.

I wouldn't put it last them to take teddy or Carr. Manziel is predicted to be top 5 so I doubt they are thinking they can get him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I predict no QBs drafted in the first three rounds and I predict that I never mention a word of how right I was after the draft.  You have to know who our head coach is.  If you really think about our scenario, we are not drafting a QB.  It's really clear as day.  Don't let emotions cloud logical decisions, it leads to divorce, bad bets, and QBs that dont last more than a few years.

Uh, noone involved in the quoted convo said it was going to be only in the 1st three rounds.... don't try and change your stance already.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ....

left turn??

Lol, so I wasn't the only guy on here that was bewildered by the meaning of that gif......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uh, noone involved in the quoted convo said it was going to be only in the 1st three rounds.... don't try and change your stance already.

That's been my stance all along.  I didn't want us to risk the #7 pick on a QB with all the other needs of our team.  I am not changing my stance.  I think Glennon will be here in September and I dont think we are drafting a QB in the first three rounds. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bass – with all the smack you have been talking, I really would think about doing the right thing on draft day IF they DO draft a qb in the first three rounds and start a crow eating thread.Take your medicine and gain/regain respect.:)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bass - with all the smack you have been talking, I really would think about doing the right thing on draft day IF they DO draft a qb in the first three rounds and start a crow eating thread.Take your medicine and gain/regain respect.:)

Trust me, I'm all about owning up.  I was dead wrong about Freeman and even more wrong about Gruden.  I have championed ineptitude more than once in my Buc fandom.  I am relatively new to this board so I will take my medicine like a man. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or he'll just go back to his old one....  ;)

ok, who is he?  He just appeared one day and started posting 100 times a day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bass - with all the smack you have been talking, I really would think about doing the right thing on draft day IF they DO draft a qb in the first three rounds and start a crow eating thread.Take your medicine and gain/regain respect.:)

Respect on a board full of fan boys and idiots? Sounds worthless to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ....

left turn??

Lol, so I wasn't the only guy on here that was bewildered by the meaning of that gif......

I was completely confused as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't put it last them to take teddy or Carr. Manziel is predicted to be top 5 so I doubt they are thinking they can get him.

Could be the case , but many on this board are still under the delusion we are getting Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I predict no QBs drafted in the first three rounds and I predict that I never mention a word of how right I was after the draft.  You have to know who our head coach is...

Hate - you didn't know who the bucs new coach is?  Man, get to reading the off season moves made... slacker

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ....

left turn??

Yeah it's a real brain teaser.Here's your 1st clue , simpy ..... Smokescreen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure.  I'm upside down on my mortgage anyways.

I bet your parents are proud as well as all here on the message board. Thanks for sharing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet your parents are proud as well as all here on the message board. Thanks for sharing.

why wouldn’t they be?  I own my own home and make my monthly payments.  I can’t control the fluctuation of real estate market.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't they be?  I own my own home and make my monthly payments.  I can't control the fluctuation of real estate market.

I was just saying. Don't get all bunched.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ....

left turn??

haha....definitely not!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was the last time a starter QB was used in a trade ON draft day? Just curious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ....

left turn??

haha....definitely not!!

You don't see the Bucs smokescreen either , so it makes perfect sense. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was the last time a starter QB was used in a trade ON draft day? Just curious.

Not sure but Glennon isn't a starter, so it doesn't really pertain to this situation anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure but Glennon isn't a starter, so it doesn't really pertain to this situation anyways.

There is no example in the history of the NFL where, barring injury, a rookie QB put up Glennon's #s and wasn't on that team the next year.  Don't get me wrong, our franchise owns some of the dumbest "firsts" in all of sports but I can't imagine we would lay claim to this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you still talking?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you still talking?

The real question is, how are you still talking?  Your a passive fan with shallow knowledge of the team and sport in general.  Go dig into baseball or something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you still talking?

The real question is, how are you still talking?  Your a passive fan with shallow knowledge of the team and sport in general.  Go dig into baseball or something.

LOL , Good point . Jdud was admittedly a Broncos fan until the late 90's when he decided our uniforms were pretty . His story , not mine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you still talking?

Still trying to figure out who you were before you decided to start a new screen name and obsess over how great Glennon is and how every QB in this draft os garbage. Did you just decide one day that you wanted to be an annoying repetitive jerk but didn't want to tarnish your old screen name? C'mon man. End the suspense. Who are you really? [img width=255 height=400]http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6993%3Dot%3E%3B437%3D856%3D345%3DXROQDF%3E262%3C7%3C5955254ot1lsi[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I smell a ....

left turn??

haha....definitely not!!

You don't see the Bucs smokescreen either , so it makes perfect sense. LOL

There's been so much smoke throughout the league over the past month, it's become damn near impossible to breathe. Didn't get the gif though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree 100%

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well one thing is certain- we won’t trade him unless we draft someone.  Revis wasn’t released until his replacement was here.  Same with Penn.  No matter how much you love or hate Glennon it can’t be debated that he is the best young QB on our roster and until someone else comes in he isn’t going anywhere.  If we use a first or secon on a QB he is as good as gone.  If we spend a late rounder on a QB or don’t draft one at all he isn’t going anywhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well one thing is certain- we won't trade him unless we draft someone.  Revis wasn't released until his replacement was here.  Same with Penn.  No matter how much you love or hate Glennon it can't be debated that he is the best young QB on our roster and until someone else comes in he isn't going anywhere.  If we use a first or secon on a QB he is as good as gone.  If we spend a late rounder on a QB or don't draft one at all he isn't going anywhere.

You are probably right sammich, but maybe not. If L&L and Tedford are all in agreeance that they want a certain type of QB with more athleticism than Glennon can provide, then they might be willing to risk it and trade him before they actually draft a replacement. I mean, if they are all sure that he is not a guy that can run the offense they want and do the things they want....then he really has little to no value for us. I'm not saying that is definitely the case, but if it is then I can see them taking that risk and moving him on day one of the draft whether they take an new QB or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody want to guess what kind of pick we get in return? Im hoping for at least a 3rd....

No hope about.  Anything less would be idiotic.  Don't even like the idea of just a third.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they are going to draft a QB wouldn’t you trade him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember when the Bucs could never develop a young quarterback?

Please wait…

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.